Habosabin 4 strain small grow

The only bad part of grodan is they stay wet during seedling. I'm wondering if I should put the blocks on towels to drain some out during the top feed flush

which would be 43mL of solution at 2% substrate volume for "vegetative steering"

The only bad part of grodan is they stay wet during seedling. I'm wondering if I should put the blocks on towels to drain some out during the top feed flush
increase fan speed? towel could harbor bacteria

use less water, for seedlings, im using 1inch cubes, they take about 15ml of water, i use a syringe 5ml or so at times lol

ive been observing, maybe its something else, but if it dries out too much on/around the tap root it "splinters" or breaks/has trouble getting into/through the wool.

but im also not using the "Grodan" brand or manufactured way rockwool cubes" perhaps, imagine theres a slight difference between the wool manufacturing processes but not much surely (?) i cant say for certain ofc

are you growing with bennies or sterile?

are you using salts or organic liquid inputs and mycos/bennies ?

i use 34% h2o2 and calcium hypochlorite, i may need to increase my Ca(CIO)2 dosage (calc hypo) since some algae is still growing, still trying to find the balance between hurting the plants and killing the algae, im sure its possible/theres a balance, the plants do use chlorine in synthesis, just not a lot.

the algae is not too bad, it kinda forms a symbiotic relationship, i think, as it is a fungi, but it surely/seems/appears it can hamper uptake and air exchange.

since u actually have W.C sensor though, perhaps you could try/execute a similar "irrigation plan" and get great results, im trying to mimick it by observing the patterns and the plants needs, but i cant spend 24/7 with them, wool is a high performance media and i like it so much more over coco

ive been observing, maybe its something else, but if it dries out too much on/around the tap root it "splinters" or breaks/has trouble getting into/through the wool.

but im also not using the "Grodan" brand or manufactured way rockwool cubes" perhaps, imagine theres a slight difference between the wool manufacturing processes but not much surely (?) i cant say for certain ofc
The differences could be moisture content

i use 34% h2o2 and calcium hypochlorite, i may need to increase my Ca(CIO)2 dosage (calc hypo) since some algae is still growing, still trying to find the balance between hurting the plants and killing the algae, im sure its possible/theres a balance, the plants do use chlorine in synthesis, just not a lot.

the algae is not too bad, it kinda forms a symbiotic relationship, i think, as it is a fungi, but it surely/seems/appears it can hamper uptake and air exchange.
I'm using hydroguard and 3 part flora. I don't have luck with sterile.

The growth I get is this thick brown stuff that covers the pumps and is nasty if I lose control with sterile. Hydroguard just has much more control and I only apply once at res reboot. It can make the res smell a little like soil.

The growth I get is this thick brown stuff that covers the pumps and is nasty if I lose control with sterile. Hydroguard just has much more control and I only apply once at res reboot. It can make the res smell a little like soil.
it has a beneficial enyzme or bacteria in it

34% h2o2 and pool shock is cheaper, i think.

it has a beneficial enyzme or bacteria in it

34% h2o2 and pool shock is cheaper, i think.
But I think it's a daily dose right for sterile? There is a pool shock that actually breaks down to calcium.

You can treat 500 gallons with a quart of hydroguard for about $28. About 6c a gallon but it's like once a week at most.

Also do you need to flush the block if you are crop steering? If so, how often?

Last edited:
But I think it's a daily dose right for sterile? There is a pool shock that actually breaks down to calcium.
I do use the pool shock and h2o2% with every solution I make, regardless, especially cause of the O2 benefit, I can not say for certain just yet.

Yea , I use HTH pool shock calcium hypochlorite , sterile chems redose is every 3 days, i do every 3-5

A 456g or so bag of pool shock was 4-6 Dollars, use one gram per gallon and then 5.9mL per gallon of that or so, if math is right/ shouldn't be far off.

There's pool shock threads on other forums
You can treat 500 gallons with a quart of hydroguard for about $28. About 6c a gallon but it's like once a week at most.

Also do you need to flush the block if you are crop steering? If so, how often?
Hmm not too sure, I think it stays fine when/on a irrigation schedule? Or keeping within E.C/P.H/W.C parameters (?)

Ahh ok, ill double check and get back to ya

Thx. Good info. I wonder how run off is achieved without saturating the block?
Good ?

Well, I suppose if the environment is right and plants are, "saturating" till achieving 30% run off or so depending on the scenario, will be just fine because the cubes will still dry back in time/the plants will suck it dry.

I think I should have used smaller blocks to start.
maybe, to scale of the environment/space, quicker dry backs

we all learning lol. i started the "micro" scaled" down version of slabs with the dripper bin i set up

Woke up to this. Never had an inkbird lockup. Plants aren't doing well from the start. Clearly I don't know rockwool. Roots look good but plants not so much. I may take a break.IMG_1199.png

I had a AC infinity controller outlet go bad and the same thing happend. Luckily I caught it within an hour. I watch that app like a hawk when I have a plant in the tent.

I had a AC infinity controller outlet go bad and the same thing happend. Luckily I caught it within an hour. I watch that app like a hawk when I have a plant in the tent.
I usually do to but it started when I was going to bed or something.

Back
Top Bottom