Imperium X by Anesia in RDWC - Bud Builders

Not a lot to report here other than I got the small res stabilized at 265 ppms. I topped this gal a couple of days ago and the side branching is starting to take off a bit. Roots look great and other than being behind a couple of weeks, things are going as planned.

IMG_3425.jpeg

Lots of progress since last week in the Binky Bucket. Got this little res stable and she's thriving in the BB, still feeding at about 260 ppms. She recovered from topping and is responding nicely, should be able to take some snips soon, maybe a week to 10 days. I want 4 that are pretty equal in size so will let it go a bit longer if necessary.

IMG_3459.jpegIMG_3460.jpeg

Is that from seed? Looks to have a real big tap root down the middle. You can see the morphology change and the fibrous gives way to fluffier roots after it found the bottom of the bucket.

Lots of progress since last week in the Binky Bucket. Got this little res stable and she's thriving in the BB, still feeding at about 260 ppms. She recovered from topping and is responding nicely, should be able to take some snips soon, maybe a week to 10 days. I want 4 that are pretty equal in size so will let it go a bit longer if necessary.

View attachment 21930View attachment 21931
How big of a pain in the ass would it be to grow 1 plant like that without a reservoir? I feel like i could do 1 that style (rdwc) ok, I'm thinking a reservoir really comes into play more with 2 or more plants?

I wanna do one this way so bad, mostly because it looks cool but also because I got most of the stuff already I'd say

What's the smallest size you'd recommend on a 1 planter? Would a 5 gallon bucket suffice or need bigger?

Impossible without a chiller for the water?

How big of a pain in the ass would it be to grow 1 plant like that without a reservoir? I feel like i could do 1 that style (rdwc) ok, I'm thinking a reservoir really comes into play more with 2 or more plants?

I wanna do one this way so bad, mostly because it looks cool but also because I got most of the stuff already I'd say

What's the smallest size you'd recommend on a 1 planter? Would a 5 gallon bucket suffice or need bigger?

With a tiny bit of plumbing to allow you to easily dump and refill without disturbing a giant plant most likely in a net - no problem. Just plan for leaving the lid on starting about 2 weeks after the flip. So you will have several weeks of water changes.

Something like this

With a tiny bit of plumbing to allow you to easily dump and refill without disturbing a giant plant most likely in a net - no problem. Just plan for leaving the lid on starting about 2 weeks after the flip. So you will have several weeks of water changes.

Something like this

Ya know I never considered the pain in the arse lifting a full bush in a lid might be, and instantly agree I've moved enough in pots lol...maybe it's time to tell the wife 1 more tent? Small one 3x3 for one hydro plant 😁

Ya know I never considered the pain in the arse lifting a full bush in a lid might be, and instantly agree I've moved enough in pots lol...maybe it's time to tell the wife 1 more tent? Small one 3x3 for one hydro plant 😁
I have enough parts here to make you a proper hydro setup if you are serious

I'm new to all this but I would say 5 gallons would do just fine. You could maybe get away with a 3 gallon and shorter veg times. I know in my 14 gallon tote, I had PLENTY of room left over. The root ball did almost fill a 5 gallon bucket when I removed the plant, though.

Something like this

That's a great starter into DWC.... (y)

I have enough parts here to make you a proper hydro setup if you are serious
I know you got a pile of goodies don't throw it away 😁. I got to figure out my circuitry a bit first. I think I'm pretty much tapped out in my current space with 2 tents going. So I may need to add more electric or eventually put my soil growing on hold and try out some hydro. Currently just looking to knock down a good harvest to stock up a bit then really see. If I can find space to throw up a 3rd tent I'm closer than if I need more electric. My brother in law is an electrician so he moves alot slower than someone I got to outright pay lol. This fall/winter I'm going to have him figure me all out if I can, good time of year to be inside doing that. Want to try CGs method as well, yea may need a 3rd tent...

I know you got a pile of goodies don't throw it away 😁. I got to figure out my circuitry a bit first. I think I'm pretty much tapped out in my current space with 2 tents going. So I may need to add more electric or eventually put my soil growing on hold and try out some hydro. Currently just looking to knock down a good harvest to stock up a bit then really see. If I can find space to throw up a 3rd tent I'm closer than if I need more electric. My brother in law is an electrician so he moves alot slower than someone I got to outright pay lol. This fall/winter I'm going to have him figure me all out if I can, good time of year to be inside doing that. Want to try CGs method as well, yea may need a 3rd tent...
I have 3 tents, but i also have a raging electric bill of almost 400 in the summer and almost 500 in the winter....
Its rough out here man 😮‍💨

I have 3 tents, but i also have a raging electric bill of almost 400 in the summer and almost 500 in the winter....
Damn this summer my electric bill never went over 100 bucks. I do, however, live with a very cold blooded lady who insists I don't need the house lower than 74.
Most of us electricians don't like doing that shit after hours. I have a ceiling fan that's been in my closet for two years because who's gonna pay me to throw it up?

I'm sure he'd love a little cash incentive 🤣

Ouch! With the tents and A/C going full blast in the house power is around $180.

Damn....your monthlies are higher than what I pay in my cali house in the summer and we got some of the highest rates in the country.

Really need it like I need a hole in my head but it's a good trade off for me if I can keep my wife from spending bigger bucks which so far...non success lol

Damn this summer my electric bill never went over 100 bucks. I do, however, live with a very cold blooded lady who insists I don't need the house lower than 74.

Most of us electricians don't like doing that shit after hours. I have a ceiling fan that's been in my closet for two years because who's gonna pay me to throw it up?

I'm sure he'd love a little cash incentive 🤣
Dude I hear ya but he owes me and if you knew his work situation you'd understand my plight. First, he owes me. He also "works" if you'd call it that for his brothers business as their on site electric guy right but dude hardly works. He gets like 75 an hour so he works like 20 hours a week and hides at his dad's drinking and messing around the rest of the time duckin his wife(perfect time to come help me lol) I usually just throw him some beer anyway but he owes me pretty good at the moment my favor pile is stacking on him.

He also said he would and kind of neglected to so far...

I take care of his dad on alot of heavy lifting he takes care of me his sister and nephews by making sure my house don't burn down lol. We got flooded in 2019 and other years over the ages house has been through more than most and has a fresh rebuild in 2019/20...I'd like my own box down stairs but flood plain restrictions make me put electric box high above flood level so idk...he needs to show me the way...I usually run all the wire I'm scrawny and nimble lol

Sorry @SweetLeafGrow your thread my bad...love how your plants look always man...happier every time I look that's for sure, really looking like you got the hydro in full swing now man and dialed in!

Man, alcohol and problems at home run rampant amongst construction workers but it's usually the high stress environment. I can't really see myself being all that stressed only working 20 hours a week though. I'll hold any other judgment and refrain from any more jokes on the matter. Sounds like dude should be more than available to help a brother out. Hope he gets you sorted.

No worries, I catch him before rays liquor sauce takes hold for the day.

So my bro in law makes good money. His wife does too, she is a head pharmacist/Dr at a clinic of some sorts...her only concern with him is that he brings home x amount a week (used to be 1500)....his whole goal was to make that much in as little time as possible so he basically went to his brother and said look double my hourly wage so I can be here half time lol and he did it. Dude is pampered. He has one them old men jobs you was talking about...retire there. And he can duck out whenever because he is "checkin on dad"

Is that from seed? Looks to have a real big tap root down the middle. You can see the morphology change and the fibrous gives way to fluffier roots after it found the bottom of the bucket.
Yes, from seed and I do think that is the tap root. The Mellow Fellow from seed looks very much the same.

Had a tile guy like that. I've never seen anyone tile as fast and as flawless as this guy. Only problem was he needed a six pack to get out of bed and he drank throughout the day. After a few months of dealing with that the developer had to fire him. Too risky having someone like that on site regardless of how fast he was but.....damn.....when he got it done he got it done!

Had a tile guy like that. I've never seen anyone tile as fast and as flawless as this guy. Only problem was he needed a six pack to get out of bed and he drank throughout the day. After a few months of dealing with that the developer had to fire him. Too risky having someone like that on site regardless of how fast he was but.....damn.....when he got it done he got it done!
And these folks don't want me to have a couple dabs in the morning...

Reefer madness still in effect out in Middle America.

The craziest part was this guy was so far gone when I'd ask him questions about the day before he couldn't remember. Basically working black out drunk....:oops:
Worked a job with my friend that was a total shit show situation. I remember one morning we smoked 2 blunts of "kb" (that should tell ya how long ago it was lol) and we split a 5th of peppermint schnapps on the way...we were young and since everyone was wasted on the job we wanted to push the limit. Boss at the sign in desk said "gosh damn boys can you even open your eyes?" then turned us over to a crew leader he despised lol

I remember my buddy sitting on a roll of carpet for about 2.5 hours to start the day 🤣

Had a minor catastrophe in the Binky bucket this morning. I had the probes down in the water and I picked up the lid and the probes were sitting on the root ball, and that big taproot broke off. There’s a couple of little routes starting to come out of the side of the net pot, but she is obviously hurting an hour later and droopy.

Calling for an emergency meeting of the Bud Builders minds. Question, should I go ahead and try to pull snips off of this girl and get them in the aero cloner or try to see if she’ll recover?

IMG_3496.jpegIMG_3497.jpeg

Shit, that's rough. I'd probably clone it and just kill it off turning it into as many cuts as possible...I'd have little faith but I'm an idiot sometimes. I think it'd be a good idea especially if you don't have the genetics backed up

Sorry boss

Shit, that's rough. I'd probably clone it and just kill it off turning it into as many cuts as possible...I'd have little faith but I'm an idiot sometimes. I think it'd be a good idea especially if you don't have the genetics backed up

Sorry boss
That is what I was thinking, bro, but they’re pretty small snips, and I was wondering if they would be successful or not being so small.

You see that bug?
You got a better eyes than me if you’re seeing bugs.

I went ahead and pulled the lower branches and got em in the cloner , but I wish I would’ve waited. After I did that, I poured some water down to the net pot and she perked right up. I might have to do that for a few days, but I think the main plants going to survive, will have to see about the clones.

You got a better eyes than me if you’re seeing bugs.

I went ahead and pulled the lower branches and got em in the cloner , but I wish I would’ve waited. After I did that, I poured some water down to the net pot and she perked right up. I might have to do that for a few days, but I think the main plants going to survive, will have to see about the clones.
Little beetle on the roots in the pic with your smashed thumbnail.

Back
Top Bottom