Imperium X by Anesia in RDWC - Bud Builders

I think removing clones can only help lessen the demand on a plant that just got a major root overhaul.
IMO taking clones and keeping mom is the way to go if they let ya.
Taking the clones helps the mom IMO.
(y)

I think removing clones can only help lessen the demand on a plant that just got a major root overhaul.
IMO taking clones and keeping mom is the way to go if they let ya.
Taking the clones helps the mom IMO.
(y)
Did you know you can steer a clone towards more root growth and change veg morphology too - like make them shorter and busier - using hormones? Or you can favor shoot growth and make them taller. Shit is fascinating to me. Between the spectrums that are available with current lighting and the rooting hormones, you can make an otherwise tall plant be short and fat and still yield the same.

Did you know you can steer a clone towards more root growth and change veg morphology too - like make them shorter and busier - using hormones? Or you can favor shoot growth and make them taller. Shit is fascinating to me. Between the spectrums that are available with current lighting and the rooting hormones, you can make an otherwise tall plant be short and fat and still yield the same.
Will there be a tutorial on this?

Long time since I did an update on this thread.

The Binky Bucket is working great! Here is the mother in the BB. I had pulled 4 clones off her when I broke that tap root off by accident, did not know if it would survive or not. Pouring water down through the net pot for a week after saved this gal.

IMG_3552.jpeg

Anyhow, one of the clones did not survive, my first clone casualty, bummer. I pulled two more snips off the main meristems after the first topping and got them in the cloner to make up for that one that died, they are good but no roots showing after a week. Will be far behind the others but thinking I let that one go natural so it keeps up with the canopy of the other 3. Not sure, new territory here but gonna try to get that 4 plant in the system asap.

IMG_3553.jpeg

Been reading the water still and getting better at it. Watched the Binky Bucket mother's needs increase and now watching the same thing in the 4 site system. Started around 230 ppms and rising slowly as the plants needs dicated. That mother is eating at 500 ppm, whereas the 4 site is somewhat behind the BB and these plants are happy and feeding at 440 atm.

Sorry @SweetLeafGrow your thread my bad...love how your plants look always man...happier every time I look that's for sure, really looking like you got the hydro in full swing now man and dialed in!
Sorry I missed this bro, thank you! I've been way behind on the boards and keeping up on my own threads.

I am loving hydro and some new things I've been learning about how to get better results in water. @MrsSweetLeaf has been getting the hang of it too and really been doing an excellent job at taking my place when I am out of town, so proud of her 💕 Couldn't do it without her!

Decided to move the mother that was in the Binky Bucket into that open plant site where I had a rooted clone die on me.

Did some defoliation and tied her back some, try to get the canopy even. Thinking at least a week till flip but may be more like two.

IMG_3574.jpegIMG_3575.jpegIMG_3576.jpegIMG_3573.jpeg

Very healthy. Got that light working properly now?
I’m using it in manual mode and just set on a timer. I boosted the red a bit today seeing if I can decrease the nodal spacing some but overall, I think it’s good, just playing around with it a little for the feck of it.

I’m using it in manual mode and just set on a timer. I boosted the red a bit today seeing if I can decrease the nodal spacing some but overall, I think it’s good, just playing around with it a little for the feck of it.
I am probably wrong here, but isnt it blue that creates tight nodal spacing?

So you are going 2 more weeks before flip?

Can I see a side shot of the nodal spacing? When you say red do you mean far red? Can you send me a screenshot of Theia?

This is a cool read when you are on the shitter:

I know you are no longer Padawan, but I'm a little concerned about your 2 weeks and we might want to tweak spectrum. If this is after a haircut I would be flipping real soon personally. If you just had one plant in there I'd wait the 2 weeks.

I am probably wrong here, but isnt it blue that creates tight nodal spacing?
OK, shit. 🥴 My CRS coming out, thanks guys for the reality check. Will boost that blue and cut back the red.

I will get a screen shot and post it when I dial the red back and bring up the blue a bit, a before and after maybe,

OK, shit. 🥴 My CRS coming out, thanks guys for the reality check. Will boost that blue and cut back the red.

I will get a screen shot and post it when I dial the red back and bring up the blue a bit, a before and after maybe,
Holy shit i was right!
We all have our moments man lmao. My CRS has been real bad lately. 👎🏼

If you swap blue I don't need a side shot. I was just gonna talk you thru it. It helps to internalize this stuff. But you got it figured out now.

So if you wanted to add Far Red, you would slide the middle slider all the way down, and the red intensity slide it up. In veg promotes sideways growth to fill out your tent.

the problem is it's hard to tell in your setup what the actual effects are of spectrum changes, you have no control data point.

I would just go with what you got. You may have to supercrop the big one that is bent over.

I went ahead and added the far red as you suggested. I did not realize that slider does a percentage of far red/red until now. Think I left the intensity at 50%, took the middle slider all the way down.

Mainly just wanting to mess with the light some and learn what I can in the process. Not going to learn much leaving it on the defaults I guess.

I know you are no longer Padawan, but I'm a little concerned about your 2 weeks and we might want to tweak spectrum. If this is after a haircut I would be flipping real soon personally. If you just had one plant in there I'd wait the 2 weeks.

Thanks for this advice too Moe. I've been going back and forth here about flipping and training these plants. No, this is not after a haircut, except for the mother that took up that empty space.

I remember when you did a recent grow where you left the plant to go natural and did no or very little LST. I was thinking of ways to make my life easier with this grow and perhaps let these go more naturally. I did top them all a time or two and they seem to have some nice branching structure. Maybe not the best thing for yield, but any easing up for me is going to help right now.

Curious what your thoughts on this would be, and if I did this, would I want to veg longer?

I went ahead and added the far red as you suggested. I did not realize that slider does a percentage of far red/red until now. Think I left the intensity at 50%, took the middle slider all the way down.

Mainly just wanting to mess with the light some and learn what I can in the process. Not going to learn much leaving it on the defaults I guess.

Thanks for this advice too Moe. I've been going back and forth here about flipping and training these plants. No, this is not after a haircut, except for the mother that took up that empty space.

I remember when you did a recent grow where you left the plant to go natural and did no or very little LST. I was thinking of ways to make my life easier with this grow and perhaps let these go more naturally. I did top them all a time or two and they seem to have some nice branching structure. Maybe not the best thing for yield, but any easing up for me is going to help right now.

Curious what your thoughts on this would be, and if I did this, would I want to veg longer?
If I’m growing for yield I always train.

Looking at your stash what is your goal here?

That's a dope light.. like a nice version of the one I just had burn out on me. New light is awesome can't complain there 301h diodes are doing it but I really enjoyed playing with the blue and red ratios.

What light is this? Way cool

Been hearing good things about the mammoth mint. Apparently has new Samsung diode tech in it that has a boost in green light. People are saying it is the next level of lighting but idk. For 800 or below it was recommended to me for a 5x5...680 watts I believe, or they make a 1000w

Looking at your stash what is your goal here?
At this point, just getting to the finish line is going to be a good thing. I'm just tired and beaten down right now.

What light is this? Way cool

I'm running the Raging Kush by Scynce. It's a great light but their supporting app is junk and unusable for me. Could not get the company to help either.

2 weeks is a lot of growth for your little room

At this point, just getting to the finish line is going to be a good thing. I'm just tired and beaten down right now.

I'm running the Raging Kush by Scynce. It's a great light but their supporting app is junk and unusable for me. Could not get the company to help either.
What’s your plant height limits.. letting them grow naturally works pretty good for me and a few others on here…just topping and defoliation and maybe running a net cause you probably can’t stake ,the only things you will have to do.quick 5 week veg ,get a quicker turnaround etc..i top in flower as you know which slows the stretch but hast lowered my yields doing so..

What’s your plant height limits..
Not as much as smoke has, that is for sure! lol

I think my tent is 84" high, should have plenty of room for a stretching Indica, which is what I think this is. Definitely thinking about letting them go close to natural, makes my life a lot easier at this time.

Interesting note about topping during flower and not affecting yield. I have never done that before.

That mother plant did not skip a beat 🥁

Definitely crowd’s the space visually. I think y’all convinced me to flip sooner rather than later, gonna prep the res for bloom tomorrow and flip soon thereafter.

These plants are currently feeding at 350 ppm.
IMG_3586.jpeg

I do wish that front right plant were bigger fo sure.

Cozy 75F in the grow space, winter outside today. Here’s a look on the other side of these walls.

IMG_3587.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn man. Snow already. You need some global warming.

The plants look super healthy and you can let it ride and let the plants do what they want, but still keep it within reason. 350 PPM, you are in the smoke zone. He does alright ;)

Back
Top Bottom