Kuwl's Deja Vue All Over Again

Thanks Pipecarver! I just had to see it on screen cause I can't believe it lol.
I don't feel that old but some body parts are sqeeking and moaning like an old door.

Yes it is but the flowers don't look stressed or nothing, just look like they love it.
Light (MarsHydro FC4800-480w) is 14" above and I also noticed the temp gun I have reads the top leaves high at 81 degree leaf temp
which someone said leaves like it at 72 degrees leaf temp and that's what I usually go for.
Some leaves do look a lil curled on the ends which might be too much light.
Idk I'll leave it cause it's been that way with no problems from that so I'll wait and watch them close
for any light fatigue or stress. Other than that I think I'm back on track, crosses fingers.

Oh and Amazon fixed my location problem so now I can order my cones, been smoking alot lol.
View attachment 38270
78F is optimal for leaf temp as I've read on here in the past I think that's room temp around 80f so you should be good on temp....I've it 82f at the moment at 46% doors 1/2 open to help keep the temp down a bit. 3 lights give off a good amount of heat.

I've never tried my own cones, I can roll a Joint with a filter in under a minute with cut weed....I timed myself 2 days ago but cats on counter.JPGit's taken a lot of weed to get me there,

My buddy out in BC was complaining about rolling joints, his hands don't work well any longer. Poor fker lost 1 leg a year ago, 1 month ago he burned the other from ankle to knee, 3rd degree and needs skin grafts, He's had a rough few years...90% alcohol & tobacco related, can't eat, lost all his teeth, throat is sore and he can't swallow....he'll be 71 in Feb and he's mad at the world.....

life could be worse ...eh....

78F is optimal for leaf temp as I've read on here in the past I think that's room temp around 80f so you should be good on temp....I've it 82f at the moment at 46% doors 1/2 open to help keep the temp down a bit. 3 lights give off a good amount of heat.

I've never tried my own cones, I can roll a Joint with a filter in under a minute with cut weed....I timed myself 2 days ago but View attachment 38281it's taken a lot of weed to get me there,

My buddy out in BC was complaining about rolling joints, his hands don't work well any longer. Poor fker lost 1 leg a year ago, 1 month ago he burned the other from ankle to knee, 3rd degree and needs skin grafts, He's had a rough few years...90% alcohol & tobacco related, can't eat, lost all his teeth, throat is sore and he can't swallow....he'll be 71 in Feb and he's mad at the world.....

life could be worse ...eh....
Oh boy those Cats!! You got a cat pack there!
Mine are sleeping now but at night they play hehe.
Romping around like lil maniacs.

Well I quit smoking, a pack a day, 30 yrs ago, quit vodka and hard liquer
3 months ago, cigs are the worst but the vodka is harder to quit.
I've seen many people way worse than me at this age so that's why
I say I'm blessed.
Never did any hard drugs either!

I got a room temp of 79 and hummi is 40% +-2
I think I am ok with that as the plants flowers seem to like it.

I got a joint roller at the rez that I use when I run out of cones.
It works better than my hand rolled ones, which usually come out sloppy
for the first 3 or 4, then I can roll a pretty decent joint.
But I cannot roll one with a filter and end up spit spit spittin'.

So it's cones for me and I make about $10 on this app called fetch
that I use to buy the cones online @ Amazon, so there free.
I buy 100 cones cheap as I can, that last long enough to get the
reward $ by snapping pic's of my reciepts and anybody else's reciepts to get points.
I look for them in and around stores when there shopping lol.
When I get 12,500 points, I cash in for a $10 Amazon card I can use online.

Happy Birthday Kuwl~!
:party:
:happybday:
:party:

Oh boy those Cats!! You got a cat pack there!
Mine are sleeping now but at night they play hehe.
Romping around like lil maniacs.

Well I quit smoking, a pack a day, 30 yrs ago, quit vodka and hard liquer
3 months ago, cigs are the worst but the vodka is harder to quit.
I've seen many people way worse than me at this age so that's why
I say I'm blessed.
Never did any hard drugs either!

I got a room temp of 79 and hummi is 40% +-2
I think I am ok with that as the plants flowers seem to like it.

I got a joint roller at the rez that I use when I run out of cones.
It works better than my hand rolled ones, which usually come out sloppy
for the first 3 or 4, then I can roll a pretty decent joint.
But I cannot roll one with a filter and end up spit spit spittin'.

So it's cones for me and I make about $10 on this app called fetch
that I use to buy the cones online @ Amazon, so there free.
I buy 100 cones cheap as I can, that last long enough to get the
reward $ by snapping pic's of my reciepts and anybody else's reciepts to get points.
I look for them in and around stores when there shopping lol.
When I get 12,500 points, I cash in for a $10 Amazon card I can use online.
My filters are just thin cardboard strips I fold in half & roll round, It gives me a nice lip and no bits in my mouth unless its ground too fine.1704927995494.png

yep I got them ........still I can't figure out how to roll with it and keep everything in the paper lol.
Guess I need to utube it
I don't roll with it I add after I've rolled them. I've a sharp exacto knife I pull a bit out from the end. Roll / coil the filter tight ,poke it into the hole and it expands when I release my grip on the filter

I was thinking that way but thought it was cheating lol.
Hey early in the morning I can think better lol I rolled up the filter thing I had,
not the same as the RAW ones but it's what I have available.
I figured if I can put it in the auto roller thingy I have it would roll it.
It did!! almost perfect but kinda a pain to get the paper to start but once it
catches boom done. I'll have to get some of those RAW ones as they look
thinner and prob easier too.

IMG_5114.JPGIMG_5115.JPG

Hey early in the morning I can think better lol I rolled up the filter thing I had,
not the same as the RAW ones but it's what I have available.
I figured if I can put it in the auto roller thingy I have it would roll it.
It did!! almost perfect but kinda a pain to get the paper to start but once it
catches boom done. I'll have to get some of those RAW ones as they look
thinner and prob easier too.

View attachment 38348View attachment 38349

Happy Belated B-Day Kuwl!!!🥳

I was into paper tips for a long time until I discovered glass tips. No more paper flavor on the inhale!
I find them on Amazon in a pack of 12 multi color tips for $10. Reusable over and over with a good cleaning in isopropyl.
I actually use a sonic jewelry cleaner to clean them but a simple iso soak in a shot glass then rinse in hot water cleans them up well too.
8mm x 35mm for a long tip and 8mm x 25mm for a shorter tip. Get 10mm diameter if you like to roll fatty bomber doobs

glass.png

I also use a bamboo rolling mat sized for king size papers. Pretty much the same type of mat used to roll sushi but small.
Perfect roll every time with a good wrap around the tip so it don't fall out.

IMG_6219.JPG

I hold the doob by the glass part up inside the paper and that helps keeps my fingers from stinking like a roach.🙃

I was into paper tips for a long time until I discovered glass tips. No more paper flavor on the inhale!
I find them on Amazon in a pack of 12 multi color tips for $10. Reusable over and over with a good cleaning in isopropyl.
I actually use a sonic jewelry cleaner to clean them but a simple iso soak in a shot glass then rinse in hot water cleans them up well too.
8mm x 35mm for a long tip and 8mm x 25mm for a shorter tip. Get 10mm diameter if you like to roll fatty bomber doobs

View attachment 38354

I also use a bamboo rolling mat sized for king size papers. Pretty much the same type of mat used to roll sushi but small.

View attachment 38353

I hold the doob by the glass part up inside the paper and that helps keeps my fingers from stinking like a roach.🙃
Hey, I love it, I've also never seen them before, Guess who's placing an Amzon order?.....$15 up here but they show them for use on the outside of the roll. I thought you'd use them on the inside like the paper tips. This screen shot has the cardboard tips and the glass tips and honestly, they look a little fairy to me.....lol 1704985643504.png1704985530441.png

Hey, I love it, I've also never seen them before, Guess who's placing an Amzon order?.....$15 up here but they show them for use on the outside of the roll. I thought you'd use them on the inside like the paper tips. This screen shot has the cardboard tips and the glass tips and honestly, they look a little fairy to me.....lol View attachment 38363View attachment 38362
There sure are a lot of options lol
I found these and more but I like the ones in the box for $11.99
The other one is $8.99 here in USA. + tax + delivery.
711nHEdUdxL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg51t4o5j+vFL._AC_SL1159_.jpg

There sure are a lot of options lol
I found these and more but I like the ones in the box for $11.99
The other one is $8.99 here in USA. + tax + delivery.
View attachment 38381View attachment 38383
Sure as shit I'm gonna have broken glass pieces on my cement floor, I'll have to watch out for that with my Qnight down here with me. Vet bills eat up a lot of cash quicklyQnight on work table.JPG

Sure as shit I'm gonna have broken glass pieces on my cement floor, I'll have to watch out for that with my Qnight down here with me. Vet bills eat up a lot of cash quicklyView attachment 38386
Do they ever, just got wifey's dog spayed $585 of course that included an ear infection,
which she is prone to have again. Male cat's are much cheaper lol
IMG_5117.JPG

Last edited:
Went down the cave room and checked to see if they drinkin'
yep they drank an inch now and that's an improvement.
Still getting yellow leaves tho.
Might change the nute mix by wk5 Mon. till then I will wait and keep checking it.

QC B
Here is what I was talking about in the pic, you see the bright green tips, >not burnt.
Almost maybe Pre-Burn tips ??
Plus leaf color is turning purple a little bit.
Isn't that too much N?
I'll have to check a chart after another coffee.
IMG_5116.JPG

If stil yellowing. See what ec is doing in rez cud start to up it again. Peak flower now aint ya week 5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111_165535_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111_165535_WhatsApp.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 2
If stil yellowing. See what ec is doing in rez cud start to up it again. Peak flower now aint ya week 5
Not quite, Mon. will be the 5wk.
EC is fine I bumped it up from about 425 to 625 PPM (1.2 ec), it should be at 750-950 early bloom (1.5-1.9 ec)
I believe that problem might have been caused by a higher ec before I changed the tanks, last week?, which was up there at about 2.0
I was looking at this link
Everything I read says eiher N deficiency also, cause of those thin leaves on QC B, a Zinc deficiency.
Still looking cause that link said nothing about purple stems, which I should know but forgot lol.

Want to say the purple is Phosphorus deficiency.
I usually get it I think.
Sometimes turning purple can be genetic.

Phosphorus deficiency results in stunted growth similar to nitrogen deficiency. Plants remain a very poor size.

Leaf color appears dull dark green, or bluish green, with a purplish color of the petiole (leave stem) and veins on younger leaves.

In fruit bearing plants, flowers are produced, but there are low fruit yields.

Where to look: Older leaves and grow tips

What to look for: Dull, dark green color and purple or reddish discoloration, brittle stems

Taken from; https://hydrobuilder.com/learn/diagnosing-nutrient-deficiencies/

Purple discoloration in cannabis leaves can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetic expression, cold temperatures, nutritional imbalances, pH imbalances, and environmental stressors 1. Some cannabis strains are genetically predisposed to develop purple leaves as part of their natural characteristics. If your cannabis strain is known for its purple foliage, then the discoloration is likely a natural and desirable feature 12.

If the purple discoloration is unexpected or abnormal, it may indicate underlying issues such as nutrient deficiencies or imbalances 1. Here are some key nutrients that, when lacking or improperly absorbed, may contribute to purple leaves:

• Phosphorus Deficiency: Phosphorus is essential for various metabolic processes in cannabis plants, including energy transfer and nutrient uptake. A deficiency in phosphorus can cause leaves to turn purple. Ensure your plants receive adequate phosphorus through proper fertilization and pH-balanced soil.
  • Potassium Deficiency: Potassium is crucial for photosynthesis, water regulation, and overall plant health. Insufficient potassium can lead to purple leaves, particularly in older foliage. Use a balanced fertilizer that provides adequate potassium, and maintain proper pH levels to promote nutrient absorption.
  • Magnesium Deficiency: Magnesium plays a vital role in chlorophyll production and photosynthesis. A lack of magnesium can cause purple or reddish discoloration in cannabis leaves, typically starting from the leaf edges. Use magnesium-rich supplements or foliar sprays to correct deficiencies.

Purple discoloration in cannabis leaves can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetic expression, cold temperatures, nutritional imbalances, pH imbalances, and environmental stressors 1. Some cannabis strains are genetically predisposed to develop purple leaves as part of their natural characteristics. If your cannabis strain is known for its purple foliage, then the discoloration is likely a natural and desirable feature 12.

If the purple discoloration is unexpected or abnormal, it may indicate underlying issues such as nutrient deficiencies or imbalances 1. Here are some key nutrients that, when lacking or improperly absorbed, may contribute to purple leaves:

• Phosphorus Deficiency: Phosphorus is essential for various metabolic processes in cannabis plants, including energy transfer and nutrient uptake. A deficiency in phosphorus can cause leaves to turn purple. Ensure your plants receive adequate phosphorus through proper fertilization and pH-balanced soil.
  • Potassium Deficiency: Potassium is crucial for photosynthesis, water regulation, and overall plant health. Insufficient potassium can lead to purple leaves, particularly in older foliage. Use a balanced fertilizer that provides adequate potassium, and maintain proper pH levels to promote nutrient absorption.
  • Magnesium Deficiency: Magnesium plays a vital role in chlorophyll production and photosynthesis. A lack of magnesium can cause purple or reddish discoloration in cannabis leaves, typically starting from the leaf edges. Use magnesium-rich supplements or foliar sprays to correct deficiencies.
Since they starteed to drink again I took a chance and added 5ml FP to the tank of 3 gal nute mix which brought the PPM to 700.
Hoping the added N will stop the yellowing.
Not too worried about the Purple stems, I had them before a few times,
I think when they locked up, the deficiencies started and now I gotta play catch up.
I prob should have put them on a water only diet for a few days till everything got flushed out.

Since they starteed to drink again I took a chance and added 5ml FP to the tank of 3 gal nute mix which brought the PPM to 700.
I think when they locked up, the deficiencies started and now I gotta play catch up.
I prob should have put them on a water only diet for a few days till everything got flushed out.
I have had purple stems before also and they were mostly on the upper part of plant i blamed them on to much light running 18/6. I was never a fan of giving just water that far in flower i would just cut back on nutes and lower light intensity till they bounced back but thats just me.

Went down the cave room and checked to see if they drinkin'
yep they drank an inch now and that's an improvement.
Still getting yellow leaves tho.
Might change the nute mix by wk5 Mon. till then I will wait and keep checking it.

QC B
Here is what I was talking about in the pic, you see the bright green tips, >not burnt.
Almost maybe Pre-Burn tips ??
Plus leaf color is turning purple a little bit.
Isn't that too much N?
I'll have to check a chart after another coffee.
View attachment 38389
I see Potassium and magnesium

I know knot and I'm the shit at diagnostics but a buddy expro grower said to me burnt tips can mean too much food and not enough light...or too much light and not enough food, when he saw them on my plant I though I'd over fed he said not necessarily. Before that I thought if you're not burning your tips your not trying hard enough......,,,

I know knot and I'm the shit at diagnostics but a buddy expro grower said to me burnt tips can mean too much food and not enough light...or too much light and not enough food, when he saw them on my plant I though I'd over fed he said not necessarily. Before that I thought if you're not burning your tips your not trying hard enough......,,,
A little tip burn don't bother me to much usually to much food, if they curl tho that's the light for sure.
I lowered the intensity of the light to 65K Lux at the highest flower but most are at the 50-55 range now.
Light is at 14" now, I think before I reduced %, it was around 85-87k lux at the top most flowers and bout 70k at most.
That seemed to high but they didn't show any stress from it so we'll see if they improve at the lower level.
If they drink good tomorrow I'll add a bit more mag pro, maybe another 5ml to the tank mix.
If all goes right I'll start using the chart again Mon. but with moderation so as not to cause another lockout.

View attachment 38354

View attachment 38353

Thanks for the gift ideas. A few I know, me included, are looking for better joint devices. I used to have a old toke stone from the 80’s but tossed it about 15 years ago thinking I’d never need it again. 🤦

Back
Top Bottom