Kuwl's Deja Vue All Over Again

And on top to that I've been on the phone all day talking to Amazon about my delieveries going to the wrong house because
of the map pin in the wrong location so I guess the stupid delivery guy can't read 😠 3 times now!!!!
So I keep ordering it and they keep delivering it to a house in a bad hood 4 blocks from here.

And on top to that I've been on the phone all day talking to Amazon about my delieveries going to the wrong house because
of the map pin in the wrong location so I guess the stupid delivery guy can't read 😠 3 times now!!!!
So I keep ordering it and they keep delivering it to a house in a bad hood 4 blocks from here.
That sounds EXACTLY like the USPS and Amazon....
Its annoying for sure, sorry man, i deal with it all the time too and i live in the only trailer park up here for 15 or 20 miles..... its actually sad they cant read man.

4 wks in flower Mon.
I think they are a week behind because of this lock out stuff going on.
Still battling it.
Changed the tank again today.
This time I just put in 5ml per gal Bloom and 2.5ml Mag pro.
PPM 500 PH 5.8 Light is 100% @ 14" above.
They were drinking about an inch a day then it dropped again today to 1/2 in.
I'll let that sit for a few days to see if they start to drink again.

One of my extension cord outlets started to pop and shut down one side light and the steamer.
I ran another cord from the freezer to use soley for the steamer and that seemed to take care of it.
I previously ran some Re-Charge threw the system to see if it would help the roots recover but nope.
Also lowered the PPM to 600 but it didn't help, in fact the leaves look worse.
Been scrambling to stop the yellow plague, no luck so far.
Hasn't affected the flowers yet, they seem ok and filling out.
Did a lil LST to keep the canapy even.

IMG_5096.JPGIMG_5097.JPGIMG_5098.JPGIMG_5099.JPGIMG_5100.JPG

4 wks in flower Mon.
I think they are a week behind because of this lock out stuff going on.
Still battling it.
Changed the tank again today.
This time I just put in 5ml per gal Bloom and 2.5ml Mag pro.
PPM 500 PH 5.8 Light is 100% @ 14" above.
They were drinking about an inch a day then it dropped again today to 1/2 in.
I'll let that sit for a few days to see if they start to drink again.

One of my extension cord outlets started to pop and shut down one side light and the steamer.
I ran another cord from the freezer to use soley for the steamer and that seemed to take care of it.
I previously ran some Re-Charge threw the system to see if it would help the roots recover but nope.
Also lowered the PPM to 600 but it didn't help, in fact the leaves look worse.
Been scrambling to stop the yellow plague, no luck so far.
Hasn't affected the flowers yet, they seem ok and filling out.
Did a lil LST to keep the canapy even.

View attachment 37631View attachment 37632View attachment 37633View attachment 37634View attachment 37635
Hey, your buds look nice and what is green is nice and green, I'd cut the yellow ones off to make pictures look better....lol.

Are your pots on the floor? What is the temp inside the trays? I don't think they like it below 68f.

I had nice healthy roots in pots I'd kept warm the last run and I then got this brainy Idea to do an simulated ice bath ending by lowering the water temp in my chiller to 66f from 70f the last week. Upon harvesting I noticed the roots had gone brownish , soft & mushy looking.......

Somewhere.... ...I think in the upper right corner of my brain I see info on 68f as being the best temp for available O2 in water but its a faded message I'm not sure how current that is I may need a reboot to refresh my data.

Looking good tho to say they aint drinking like u want them to.
Stopped drinking altogether now.
Leaves yellowing from the bottom up.
Tried everything but taking the pots out and dunking them
in fresh water to rinse out any old rez.
This is new to me as I've had lock out before but they quickly recovered.
This time, these strains are dif with only the QC White doing better than the rest for now.
Nothing is working and they're getting worse by the day.
Both Blues are doing badly and are the worst ones and LSD not far behind.
I dropped the PPM to 425 and will wait a couple of days to see.
Rez is half what I usually put in at this time in the grow so it's probably this strain.
I had issues with QC B the last time too.

Hey, your buds look nice and what is green is nice and green, I'd cut the yellow ones off to make pictures look better....lol.

Are your pots on the floor? What is the temp inside the trays? I don't think they like it below 68f.

I had nice healthy roots in pots I'd kept warm the last run and I then got this brainy Idea to do an simulated ice bath ending by lowering the water temp in my chiller to 66f from 70f the last week. Upon harvesting I noticed the roots had gone brownish , soft & mushy looking.......

Somewhere.... ...I think in the upper right corner of my brain I see info on 68f as being the best temp for available O2 in water but its a faded message I'm not sure how current that is I may need a reboot to refresh my data.
They are on the plastic decking that keeps them off the cement floor a bit.
Ya I previously checked and temp was 74 in the trays.
I put a fan on them and they alright now at about 72 +- 1
They turning yellow faster than I can clip them.

Il.ask jason tomorrow.from autopots see what he says. If i remember write when i had this problem and messaged him im pretty sure he said run plain water threw the rez.. Then Let then dry out before turning autopots bak on and fil rez bak up starting. On lower ec..
Whats ph in rez anf autopot trays.
Because i no increases by time gets to the roots

Il.ask jason tomorrow.from autopots see what he says. If i remember write when i had this problem and messaged him im pretty sure he said run plain water threw the rez.. Then Let then dry out before turning autopots bak on and fil rez bak up starting. On lower ec..
Whats ph in rez anf autopot trays.
Because i no increases by time gets to the roots
I'll check it tomorrow and will do that if needed.

I checked it regularly and it's at 5.8 atm but tends to creep up to 6.4 at times.
When I re-adjust the PPM and PH in the tank I suck out everything in the pot trays
and re-fill with the corrected tank water.

Yeh i lernt hard way had lokout few times due to ph.
I now set rez 5.4 - 5.6. Because i no it goes up abit more by time plant takes it..

I'll check it tomorrow and will do that if needed.

I checked it regularly and it's at 5.8 atm but tends to creep up to 6.4 at times.
When I re-adjust the PPM and PH in the tank I suck out everything in the pot trays
and re-fill with the corrected tank water.
I don't know man but this far into flower you might just want to ride it out I think all the flushing and messing with it will do more harm than good. I'd personally one flush of the lines and tank then just try to give them what your feed schedule says to do.
Is your soil damp at the top? 1 pic I saw looked like it was dry and I wondered if was wicking properly.

Frustrating these little bugs / problems we get. Do ing it all right then WTF did I do now comes out.......lol..

Good chart i saw it on a forum fort id put up u probably already no.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240104_182802_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240104_182802_Chrome.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 6
I don't know man but this far into flower you might just want to ride it out I think all the flushing and messing with it will do more harm than good. I'd personally one flush of the lines and tank then just try to give them what your feed schedule says to do.
Is your soil damp at the top? 1 pic I saw looked like it was dry and I wondered if was wicking properly.

Frustrating these little bugs / problems we get. Do ing it all right then WTF did I do now comes out.......lol..
Yej id prob jusy run water through once. Let pots dry then carry on as normal building ec bak up

Yeh i lernt hard way had lokout few times due to ph.
I now set rez 5.4 - 5.6. Because i no it goes up abit more by time plant takes it..
fk PH ing, use promix , I don't adjust anything, my 7.2 water and nutes drop it down to around 6.00 and I can live with that and so can my plants it seems.

There was a guy on the farm that was adamant about not using Up or down in Promix type mixes and he knew his stuff as far as growing and making hash, hr claimed it would kill the buffer's in the mix forcing you to PH from then on....a grumpy old fk but a good guy and grower....Gmix or something like that was his handle.....I don't use it either now.

fk PH ing, use promix , I don't adjust anything, my 7.2 water and nutes drop it down to around 6.00 and I can live with that and so can my plants it seems.

There was a guy on the farm that was adamant about not using Up or down in Promix type mixes and he knew his stuff as far as growing and making hash, hr claimed it would kill the buffer's in the mix forcing you to PH from then on....a grumpy old fk but a good guy and grower....Gmix or something like that was his handle.....I don't use it either now.
ya my plain water PH jumped to 8.0 for some reason and it's too high
even tho the nutes knock it down to 7.4 still too high for soil with salt build up through the process.

even tho the nutes knock it down to 7.4 still too high for soil with salt build up through the process.
In my experience the only time water needs to be phd in soil is if its above 8. Otherwise the ph buffers in soil figure it all out for you.
Once i stopped phing my tap water these issues went away for me, granted im not in autopots so idk if anything i say would help you.

In my experience the only time water needs to be phd in soil is if its above 8. Otherwise the ph buffers in soil figure it all out for you.
Once i stopped phing my tap water these issues went away for me, granted im not in autopots so idk if anything i say would help you.
I agree and when useing my cloth pots I gave up PH’ing them and it was fine Auto Pots r dif cause of the constant feed and the literature I got with it says 5.8 ph for soil pots.
Not sure what my prob is cause I’ve used the same feed schedule for many grows with no problems this early in the grow so must be genetics? Maybe

I'm lost with the auto pots.
I hope it is lock out cause I would have kept pushing nutes.
Yellow leaves mean not enough to me and I would not have thought about lockout being the reason.

I'm lost with the auto pots.
I hope it is lock out cause I would have kept pushing nutes.
Yellow leaves mean not enough to me and I would not have thought about lockout being the reason.
yep that's what I did ..... pushed em hard but didn't do the trick, that's when I figured a lockout problem
instead. Right now I'm running at 400 PPM about half what it should be.
With just a half dose of Foliage Pro, Mag Pro and Bloom, no Pro-Tekt because of all the P in these nutes.
Tomorrow will be PH'ed Water and nothing else unless they start to drink again.
I am thinking about dunking the pots in plain water too.
This is worst I've had to deal with. It's a different problem every time :)

Ya shit that's high, I don't know what to do with it being too high...Too low you can add dolomite lime to bring it back up, not sure what the counter to that is.

How do you fix high pH in soil?

Solutions to Soil Problems II. High pH | USU

Lowering Soil pH
  1. Amend the soil with organic matter. ...
  2. Add elemental sulfur (90 or 99% sulfur material) annually at a rate of 6 to 10 pounds per 1000 square feet of area. ...
  3. Use acidifying fertilizers such as ammonium sulfate and other products with label designations indicating an acidic reaction in the soil.
What naturally lowers pH in soil?

A good way to lower ph of garden soil is to mix some sulphur dust into the soil. Sulphur is a naturally occurring mineral, so is organic. The Home Depot sells sulphur dust in small bags that can be used for this purpose. Sulphur dust is also a good fungicide.May 29, 20

Ya shit that's high, I don't know what to do with it being too high...Too low you can add dolomite lime to bring it back up, not sure what the counter to that is.

How do you fix high pH in soil?

Solutions to Soil Problems II. High pH | USU

Lowering Soil pH
  1. Amend the soil with organic matter. ...
  2. Add elemental sulfur (90 or 99% sulfur material) annually at a rate of 6 to 10 pounds per 1000 square feet of area. ...
  3. Use acidifying fertilizers such as ammonium sulfate and other products with label designations indicating an acidic reaction in the soil.
What naturally lowers pH in soil?

A good way to lower ph of garden soil is to mix some sulphur dust into the soil. Sulphur is a naturally occurring mineral, so is organic. The Home Depot sells sulphur dust in small bags that can be used for this purpose. Sulphur dust is also a good fungicide.May 29, 20
I'm going to run plain water maybe PH it a lil to get down to a reasonable lvl and see what happens.
Or maybe I'll dump in 4 gal of plain water into the rez tank, clean out the pot trays and dunk/rinse the pots
I was going to trim a bit of the fan leaves anyway so the plant took care of that for me with all the dead and yellow leaves gone.
QC White is the healthiest one of the bunch, hardly touched by the yellow blight.
I don't think it's a ph problem.

I looked this up cause my memory sucks and I should have sooner.
This is the Phospherous levels of Dyna Gro nutes, I use.

Foliage Pro - P 3.0%
Bloom - P 12%
Mag Pro - P 15%
Pro-Tekt P 0%

For some reason I thought the Pro-Tekt had a lot.
Someone said maybe P lockout cause of whats in these products.
Might be right on the money.
Mag Pro + Bloom woooo hoooo lots of P n there, so maybe to much for these particular strains to handle?
I will have to adjust my feed chart.

I looked this up cause my memory sucks and I should have sooner.
This is the Phospherous levels of Dyna Gro nutes, I use.

Foliage Pro - P 3.0%
Bloom - P 12%
Mag Pro - P 15%
Pro-Tekt P 0%

For some reason I thought the Pro-Tekt had a lot.
Someone said maybe P lockout cause of whats in these products.
Might be right on the money.
Mag Pro + Bloom woooo hoooo lots of P n there, so maybe to much for these particular strains to handle?
I will have to adjust my feed chart.
Yeah i was thinking it was P causing a lockout, but i also know jack about diagnosis or autopots so im swinging in the dark lol.

Checked on them this morning and they look ok.
Trimmed the worst of the yellow leaves off.
I'm gonna let this ride till tomorrow to see if it will start drinking again.
Plants look ok but Blue's are kinda skimpy looking to me.
Now the star of the crop so far is QC White!!
Although LSD is a stretcher and grew much taller than the rest it's
White that is impressing me with very large flowers all the way down.
No tiny flowers on this one, unlike Blue.
White also is stacking up better than the others and had fewer yellow leaf problems.
It has some discoloring leaves but not to the extent of Blue and LSD.
Now I'll wait and see if they will drink.
I did not change anything in the tank yet, going to wait.
Bunch of pic's since I did the trimming (sometimes I see things in the pic that I didn't in the room):

QC White
IMG_5101.JPGIMG_5102.JPGIMG_5103.JPG
QC Blue
IMG_5104.JPGIMG_5105.JPGIMG_5106.JPG
LSD
IMG_5107.JPGIMG_5108.JPGIMG_5109.JPG
Random
IMG_5110.JPGIMG_5111.JPGIMG_5112.JPG

Checking them this morning I see they drank a half inch :)
Hope that continues, some leaves still turning but most of the plants look healthy except for that.
There is about 3-4 gal. in the rez tank so I put in 5ml MP and 5ml PT which raised the PPM from 425 to 530.
Now, more wait and see.
Raised the light to 14" above but kept it at 100%.
Moved the side lights back from the plants a bit too.
Not sure on how much good the side lighting is doing, will wait another week and see.
Lux is high, imo, in the 90-92k range on the top flowers, higher than my usual 65 but
seeing no problems with it right now.
Some have bright green tips near the top leaves on some of them, mainly on QC B.
So hopefully I can relax and take a break for a while till the next feed.
Prob a precurser to burn maybe.

Raining here for the past 2 days and my grass is still green and it's Jan 10th lol
On wk 4 of flower I got to be 75 years old, OMG I'm old.
3/4th's of a century and I'm going for a full century, I think it's the weed keeping me going! :cool:
QC White @ 4 wks
IMG_5113.JPG

Checking them this morning I see they drank a half inch :)
Hope that continues, some leaves still turning but most of the plants look healthy except for that.
There is about 3-4 gal. in the rez tank so I put in 5ml MP and 5ml PT which raised the PPM from 425 to 530.
Now, more wait and see.
Raised the light to 14" above but kept it at 100%.
Moved the side lights back from the plants a bit too.
Not sure on how much good the side lighting is doing, will wait another week and see.
Lux is high, imo, in the 90-92k range on the top flowers, higher than my usual 65 but
seeing no problems with it right now.
Some have bright green tips near the top leaves on some of them, mainly on QC B.
So hopefully I can relax and take a break for a while till the next feed.
Prob a precurser to burn maybe.

Raining here for the past 2 days and my grass is still green and it's Jan 10th lol
On wk 4 of flower I got to be 75 years old, OMG I'm old.
3/4th's of a century and I'm going for a full century, I think it's the weed keeping me going! :cool:
QC White @ 4 wks
View attachment 38232
Happy Birthday old man, you got a couple years on me but younger than my wife by 1.

I think the side lighting will help harden the lowers but it might not enlarge them too much. I wish I had the space, I've always wanted side lighting, I think we toss away too much from Lollypopping I'd like to develop that stuff....I cook with it anyways.

Wow to me your lux is high or my tool is out of whack, I'm only getting about 55,000 60 maybe and I've some buds 4" away on 100 % now

...everything looks good, I thought I'd be bleaching the tops, but not so far. Maybe its my lights, they don't put out what yours does. I have 12 - 75 watt SF light bars from 3 SE3000 and I'm real happy I put one up front. It seems like my plants migrated forward

Happy Birthday old man, you got a couple years on me but younger than my wife by 1.

I think the side lighting will help harden the lowers but it might not enlarge them too much. I wish I had the space, I've always wanted side lighting, I think we toss away too much from Lollypopping I'd like to develop that stuff....I cook with it anyways.

Wow to me your lux is high or my tool is out of whack, I'm only getting about 55,000 60 maybe and I've some buds 4" away on 100 % now

...everything looks good, I thought I'd be bleaching the tops, but not so far. Maybe its my lights, they don't put out what yours does. I have 12 - 75 watt SF light bars from 3 SE3000 and I'm real happy I put one up front. It seems like my plants migrated forward
Thanks Pipecarver! I just had to see it on screen cause I can't believe it lol.
I don't feel that old but some body parts are sqeeking and moaning like an old door.

Yes it is but the flowers don't look stressed or nothing, just look like they love it.
Light (MarsHydro FC4800-480w) is 14" above and I also noticed the temp gun I have reads the top leaves high at 81 degree leaf temp
which someone said leaves like it at 72 degrees leaf temp and that's what I usually go for.
Some leaves do look a lil curled on the ends which might be too much light.
Idk I'll leave it cause it's been that way with no problems from that so I'll wait and watch them close
for any light fatigue or stress. Other than that I think I'm back on track, crosses fingers.

Oh and Amazon fixed my location problem so now I can order my cones, been smoking alot lol.
91niWzn0QBL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom