Most flavorful smoke

GrumpAzz

Wingin' it
Staff member
Contest Guy
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm curious to see what you believe to be the most flavor packed buds you've ever smoked.

Tangie (and any tangie cross)
Cherry Pie
Island Sweet Skunk
Kitchen Sink (stronger scent than flavor)
Motorbreath
Bubba Kush

Those are the most memorable strains I've sampled. Cherry Pie was so strong that a friend of mine didn't even like it. He said it "tastes fake like you added some of those drops." I thought that was hilarious. Tangie and 24k (a tangie cross) is super delicious but it's such a strong flavor that I don't think I'll ever grow it. It seems to get old after an ounce or so.

So hit me with your most memorable strains. I'm looking for something to eventually cross with the Power Plant I plan to grow next. Honestly, I'm a huge fan of old-school genetics that can't really be traced back. Like Power Plant. It's supposed lineage is a South African sativa (possible landrace) with an unknown indica bred in to shorten the flower time. That's just cool to me.

Bubba kush
Platinum cookies
Platinum master kush
Diamond gumbo
Sour Diesel
Headband
Blueberry
Space queen
Mango kush (rumored to be green crack)
Apple kush
Star
Deathstar
M39 (I'd love to have a killer bag of this classic...when done right it was heater)
Super skunk (og I knew back in early 2000s had some fire he called super skunk #4...real skunky shit)

Had this pineapple burst recently that was fire...only had killer pineapple express a couple times so I'd like to give them a heads up before saying which

Had alot of purple strains prefer the grape candy terps over earthy dirty purp taste...hard to recall which tasted most candy grape...prolly purple urkel or grape ape...or was it grandaddy purp?

Forbidden fruit is the best I’ve grown yet, nothing I get from dispensaries matches anything I can grow myself.

Recently, a Golden Kiwi x Watermelon Punch came really close, its a wonderful aroma and smoke.

Back in the 70s, I used to get something referred to as Purple Sierra, it was PINE, PINE, PINE. Wonderful aroma.

What I've grown:

Blackberry Moonshine BX1 -- shit coated your mouth with fermented berries and gas and stuck around long after a puff
Trainwreck X OG Kush -- piney goodness with a kick of fuel

What I've bought:

Catpiss
Sour D
Skywalker OG
Grapefruit (iirc was a cut of C99)
GG4

To this day I'm still hunting for a cut of catpiss and grapefruit. Catpiss was the loudest shit I've ever had and it was only around for one summer somewhere between 2004 and 2006, somewhere in there. Sour D and Grapefruit were making rounds in NM fairly regularly in the late 2000s and early 2010s. Skywalker OG and GG4 were staples in a medical producer's stable I used to work under the table for. Dude always hooked it up heavy for cheap, think I was picking up 30g ounces from him for like $120. Miss that cat, he was cool like The Dude in real life.

What I've grown:

Blackberry Moonshine BX1 -- shit coated your mouth with fermented berries and gas and stuck around long after a puff

What I've bought:

Catpiss
Sour D
Skywalker OG
GG4

To this day I'm still hunting for a cut of catpiss and grapefruit. Catpiss was the loudest shit I've ever had and it was only around for one summer somewhere between 2004 and 2006, somewhere in there. Sour D and Grapefruit were making rounds in NM fairly regularly in the late 2000s and early 2010s. Skywalker OG and GG4 were staples in a medical producer's stable I used to work under the table for. Dude always hooked it up heavy for cheap, think I was picking up 30g ounces from him for like $120. Miss that cat, he was cool like The Dude in real life.
Fermented berries.... mmmm

I like a sweet rotten taste. Might need to grab some beans from that dude. I've only seen good reviews.

Fermented berries.... mmmm

I like a sweet rotten taste. Might need to grab some beans from that dude. I've only seen good reviews.
everything i've grown from him has been stellar. the BMS BX1 is ambien weed, though. Stuff will put your dick in the dirt if you're not mindful lol

What I've grown:

What I've bought:

Catpiss
Sour D
Skywalker OG
GG4

I just harvested some blackberry moonrocks, Hope it has that strong berry scent!

The best tasting weed I've ever smoked was a Lemon Thai created by flash-in-the-pan breeders who called themselves Fusion Seeds. For about a year or two, they sold seeds at Sannie's Shop, before some disaster killed all of their breeding cuts.

Regardless, the limonene content is so extreme that the lemon flavor is overwhelming. The problem is that compared to genetics available today, it's just not potent enough. I have 9 seeds left, so I'm going to try a few crosses to see about boosting the potency without diluting the intense lemon flavor.

So far, I think I'll try crossing it to Irie's Golden Goat and maybe Arise. They're well known for boosting potency in crosses. Both have a touch of citrus, but not much.

Limonene dominant strains are my favorites. Nothing perks up my brain more.

I lived in Hawaii ( Oahu ) on and off in 77,78,79 & 80 and I'd love to find and grow out anything from those days....A very unique taste and distinct in flavor like Skunk, Chem Dog, Sour D, Gas and others that leave a lasting desire for more...

Seems like most all commercial bud taste like poop. I think it has something to do with tumble trimmers. Everything I grow taste awesome. I have been smoking and growing Black Dog Kush for six + years and Im not tired of it yet. Taste good but I do miss stuff like chocolate Thai and real skunk that just layered your mouth in taste.

Seems like most all commercial bud taste like poop. I think it has something to do with tumble trimmers. Everything I grow taste awesome. I have been smoking and growing Black Dog Kush for six + years and Im not tired of it yet. Taste good but I do miss stuff like chocolate Thai and real skunk that just layered your mouth in taste.
Find it. Grow it.

Find it. Grow it.
Well I think I found some true skunk. Only thing is they herm. They herm even if they are fully pregnant and full of seeds, they still throw nanners. I am thinking of growing a bunch out and start to work on them. It’s going to take a long time to breed out any herring traits. I don’t even know if I can do it.

I prefer post oak and pecan for red meats like brisket. Mesquite for hot smoke like burgers and steaks. Cherry, apple, and pecan for pork. Surprisingly but kinda hard to find, chardonnay for fish.

Oh wait...Y'all are talking about weed? 🥴

The Church by Greenhouse was overall best. Weird too because IMO GH kinda sucks but that one was a winner. And it was a freebie pack!
A mix of rich dark hash flavor with a floral flavor that reminded me of the incense burning during midnight mass on Christmas eve. My wife nicknamed it Holy Shit because of flavor and green hit effect

Mr. Luv's old ARC cut was real nice too. Sweet citrus flavor and silky smooth smoke made me wish they made Jolly Rancher hard candies in that flavor

The Church by Greenhouse was overall best. Weird too because IMO GH kinda sucks but that one was a winner. And it was a freebie pack!
A mix of rich dark hash flavor with a floral flavor that reminded me of the incense burning during midnight mass on Christmas eve. My wife nicknamed it Holy Shit because of flavor and green hit effect
Damn I had some buds back in '09 that my guy called Church and I assumed he was just making shit up 🤣

This was in the early days of good weed around here and I can't believe I forgot about it. It was bomb!

Damn I had some buds back in '09 that my guy called Church and I assumed he was just making shit up 🤣

This was in the early days of good weed around here and I can't believe I forgot about it. It was bomb!
Yep this was the era of Northern Lights and White Widows. Before all the candy and cookies came along and OG Kush was still mostly clone only in SoCal.

Although it’s not flavour related, back in the 70s and early 80s, a friend used to spend an amazing amount of money on Thai stick, I never actually was able to taste it because I was coughing so hard.
That stuff expanded like a nuclear bomb!
The buzz was beyond potent! Usually I lost track of time.

Yep this was the era of Northern Lights and White Widows. Before all the candy and cookies came along and OG Kush was still mostly clone only in SoCal.
I hate this. I'm such an indecisive dude 🤣.

My next seed order will probably have to go through DFG. I've seen a lot of his product being grown and he seems like such a down to earth guy.

That fermented berry taste you mentioned... sounds disguntingly delicious.

Last edited:
I hate this. I'm such an indecisive dude 🤣.

My next seed order will probably have to go through DFG. I've seen a lot of his product being grown and he seems like such a down to earth guy.

That fermented berry taste you mentioned... sounds disguntingly delicious.
From what I see growing DFG genetics has no downside.

Back
Top Bottom