New Grow - Rose Gold Pave` by Compound Genetics - Bud Builders

SweetLeafGrow

Student of Hydroponics
Staff member
Hydroponics Helper
Reaction score
When I was trying to figure out what strain I was going to run next, I came across a strain called Pave` by Compound Genetics. I tried to find seeds for that strain but no where to be found. What I did discover is that the Pave` is considered golden by Compound and they have made many crosses from this cultivar, both on the male and female side of things. Since I could not find the Pave` , I opted for one of the crosses, in particular, the cross with the Apples and Bananas. In this cross, they took a Pave` female and bred her with an Apples and Bananas male to create the strain known as Rose Gold Pave`.

Toad and I went in on a pack of feminized Rose Gold Pave`. Compound also offered a freebie of their strain called Stay Puft. This strain sounds promising with a Marshmallow OG mother and Grape Gas as the daddy. I'm starting one seed of each, When the Rose Gold Pave` is big enough, I will pull clones for Toad. Once the Stay Puft is sprouted and going well, going to get that over to Toad for him to grow out, I just don't have room at this time. This plant will go into the 3x3 when the Panama Sativa finishes in a couple of weeks, hopefully sooner.

Great chance to try out the new Bud Builder vertical germinator. These girls should be sprouted by the time I get back home on Monday!71977590988__6617DDE4-DD2B-48E3-9BF4-B071D2987873.jpeg71977601479__FDB57BF7-F18C-4F8E-968C-18E69AAEC28C.jpegIMG_3570.jpegIMG_3588.jpegIMG_3589.jpeg

Hell yeah man!! Im looking forward to seeing how the stay puft turns out, sounds delicious
Yea, me too. I'm thinking by the time Toad gets his Stay Puft to flower, I will be able to pull a cut and run it when space becomes available. If the timing is right, that is what I'm gonna do but if not, I will probably just start another seed. In about 2 months, I will have 5 open sites to work with.

This grow has been on hold while I have been dealing with some health issues, getting back on track with it. That first round of seeds went 1 for 2 with the Stay Puft sprouting and the Rose Gold Pave did not. Toad has the Stay Puft seedling and also tried to start a couple more of the Rose Gold Pave but neither popped.

I brought those seeds home with me last week and gave em another shot, soaking 2 seeds in 50/50 h2o2 and RO water for 24 hours, then into the vertical germinator. Both seeds popped in the water, then two days in the germinator and they are ready for rapid rooters and Binky Buckets. Mrs SLG did the honors this morning and got them both in Binky Buckets.

I'm still figuring exactly how this grow is going to go, would like them in the 4 site system but probably going to be too late for that. In the process of figuring out 4 clones to go in that system as soon as the Imperium X finishes in a couple of weeks. One of these RGP seedlings will likely go in the 3x3 in the single site system, Future #1 in the other 3x3 and might run the Imperium X in the 4 site system again from clone, which might be real fun going back to back with a strain.

IMG_4748.jpegIMG_4749.jpegIMG_4750.jpeg72505287322__70447C7A-68CF-4C0F-954E-907244280C78.jpeg72505480979__5EF7E814-660D-4F1E-AB65-A6FA0A122CF8.jpeg

This grow has been on hold while I have been dealing with some health issues, getting back on track with it. That first round of seeds went 1 for 2 with the Stay Puft sprouting and the Rose Gold Pave did not. Toad has the Stay Puft seedling and also tried to start a couple more of the Rose Gold Pave but neither popped.

I brought those seeds home with me last week and gave em another shot, soaking 2 seeds in 50/50 h2o2 and RO water for 24 hours, then into the vertical germinator. Both seeds popped in the water, then two days in the germinator and they are ready for rapid rooters and Binky Buckets. Mrs SLG did the honors this morning and got them both in Binky Buckets.

I'm still figuring exactly how this grow is going to go, would like them in the 4 site system but probably going to be too late for that. In the process of figuring out 4 clones to go in that system as soon as the Imperium X finishes in a couple of weeks. One of these RGP seedlings will likely go in the 3x3 in the single site system, Future #1 in the other 3x3 and might run the Imperium X in the 4 site system again from clone, which might be real fun going back to back with a strain.

View attachment 35163View attachment 35164View attachment 35165View attachment 35166View attachment 35167
Pulling up a chair, im ready to follow along!!

Mrs. SLG did an awesome job getting these seedlings into the rapid rooters and then into the Binky Buckets, she handled everything like a pro 💕. When I got home all I needed to do was I add 1:1:1:1 cal/mag GH Trio to about 250 ppm and adjust the light to 200 ppfd. Will be watching these babies close for the next few days but I think they're off to a good start. Imma gonna get my empty tent system set up soon, one of these is going in there and the other one is going over to Toad.

The vertical germinator worked great, these would have been fine till I got home today but was glad to get them out and into the rapid rooters. Got two Future #1 seeds soaking in 50/50 h2o2 and RO water, this time tomorrow they will go in the vertical germinator for another go.

IMG_3932.jpegIMG_3931.jpeg

Mrs. SLG did an awesome job getting these seedlings into the rapid rooters and then into the Binky Buckets, she handled everything like a pro 💕. When I got home all I needed to do was I add 1:1:1:1 cal/mag GH Trio to about 250 ppm and adjust the light to 200 ppfd. Will be watching these babies close for the next few days but I think they're off to a good start. Imma gonna get my empty tent system set up soon, one of these is going in there and the other one is going over to Toad.

The vertical germinator worked great, these would have been fine till I got home today but was glad to get them out and into the rapid rooters. Got two Future #1 seeds soaking in 50/50 h2o2 and RO water, this time tomorrow they will go in the vertical germinator for another go.

View attachment 35323View attachment 35324
I don't know why cutting a slit into the rooter never occured to me. I have 3 beans germinating in rooters and this shiny new VG just sitting there. Shoulda coulda next grow 🤣

Got the Binky Buckets in the empty tent where my 3rd hydro system usually is and where one of these Rose Gold Pave seedings will call home very soon. I needed to control their environment better as both other tents are in flower and I have the challenge of keeping this tent 10-15 degrees warmer, especially at night. My solution was to open a lower vent on that tent, turn the inline fan up that pulls fresh air in, and then point a space heater in that general direction. It's working very well so far. I'm cracking the window at night to let cool air in, getting the flowering tents down to around 65F while the Binky Bucket tent is 75F, cha -ching!

Both are doing well, water sitting at 250 ppm and in a good pH range, checking the buckets daily and adjusting as necessary. The taller of the two has roots in the water already and the other is a bit behind, not showing any roots from the bottom of the net pot yet.

The 4 clones in there I got from Toad last week and will be going in the 4 site system after I harvest the Imperium X. These are the strain Athena Silver Haze from Anthem and has shown to be a super elite imo, Toad hit 32%+ on his first run of the strain. Super pumped to run this one.

IMG_3981.jpegIMG_3982.jpegIMG_3983.jpeg

What's your reasoning behind not filling your netpots with hydroton? Roots in water faster by being deeper in the netpot? Will you fill them up once they grow a bit?

So I do that in the event they stretch more than I would like, gives me a bit more room to compensate for that if that happens. Yes, once they get a bit further along, I will fill in the rest with more hydroton.

The empty bucket gives me somewhere to set the Binky Bucket lid holding the plant when I am checking pH and PPM in the water.

Last edited:
Got this Rose Gold Pave seedling into the system a week or so ago, just tried my first attempt at FIMing so we'll see how that goes. She needed to be topped anyway so we'll at least get that. Took a few of the first true leaves off and that lowest set of side branches. Running just a tad below 200 ppm at 195 and things in the res have been pretty stable, roots look good. Will probably be ready for some LST sometime next week se we'll see.IMG_4131.jpegIMG_4132.jpegIMG_4133.jpeg

Almost 2 weeks since the last update, this gal is cruising along nicely. My plan is to let her go wild a bit, then throw a scrog table in there to push everything down and out. Got that table being built now. Hoping to get @CannaGranny watching to see how it goes with the scrog, thinking maybe two more weeks max before that goes in and flip to flower.

Currently running about 285 ppm. Changed out the res yesterday for late veg ratios.

IMG_4196.jpegIMG_4197.jpegIMG_4198.jpeg

Good eye as usual :LOL:

I actually tried my first attempt at FIMing there, turns out, I don't think it worked cause all I got was the cut off leaves and no double branch that I was expecting. It did, however, crowd things up right there in the center where I did the FIM. Who knows, perhaps it works as it was supposed to and I just don't know it yet 🤷‍♂️

I actually tried my first attempt at FIMing there, turns out, I don't think it worked cause all I got was the cut off leaves and no double branch that I was expecting. It did, however, crowd things up right there in the center where I did the FIM. Who knows, perhaps it works as it was supposed to and I just don't know it yet 🤷‍♂️
I still can FIM a plant, dont feel alone lol.

Fuck, you missed lol.

Gotta get it low enough that you bite into the stem cell part but leave enough to make a new branch. I suck at this too. It's like cutting my dog's toenails, I'm so afraid I'm gonna hurt them I never cut enough.

Almost 2 weeks since the last update, this gal is cruising along nicely. My plan is to let her go wild a bit, then throw a scrog table in there to push everything down and out. Got that table being built now. Hoping to get @CannaGranny watching to see how it goes with the scrog, thinking maybe two more weeks max before that goes in and flip to flower.

Currently running about 285 ppm. Changed out the res yesterday for late veg ratios.

View attachment 42597View attachment 42598View attachment 42599
I’m in, let’s do this! 🥰

You actually did get it right! To be super effective you want to do that a week prior to flipping.

You actually did get it right! To be super effective you want to do that a week prior to flipping.
Imma no gonna worry about the details that I got wrong this time, just gotta dive in and learn this skill. Thanks for chiming in CG, looking like the very earliest I will be able to flip will be next Monday when I pick up my scrog table, Too soon, too late? That is if I flip the same day as I install the scrog table, thinking it might be a good idea to install the table and give her a day or two and then flip? I'm always amazed at how small they need to be at flip or they can get out of control so I Know I need to be thinking about flipping soon.

I flip the day I go on the table. I know Monday is the server change, so how’s about Tue?
Mine generally triple in size within a week and a half of flipping to flower.

Back
Top Bottom