Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Yeah I'll make budbuilder logo plastic crap for coins to support the forum I guess.

I'll print out some seed germinators this weekend too. I guess one of these sets of clips / tray and a germinator could be the first prize donated to a Best Built Bud contest monthly.

You want to set up the contest and run with it? I'm sure you could find folks that would donate seeds and stuff too.
Can you printout the budbuilders logo on my seed germinator?

Regs or Fems? Got a name I can label them with?
I know who and where they came from but he’s a friend of a friend, literally. He’s grown for decades but doesn’t use it. He drinks.

All I know for sure is that he bought good clones. Grows outside every year in his garden. And gives my buddy a years supply, for as long as I’ve know them. My buddy then gives me seeds. All should be from last season’s harvest as he still had to burp jars.

So I guess these are regs. Looking at my past plants they seem to be 70/30 Sativa, just my opinion 🤷‍♂️. Asking buddy for info is a waste of time. He gets free weed, why would he ask questions? 🤣

I’ve had one male out of about 12-16 seeds popped. It was in my first tent grow and got me into my 3-1 cycle.

I have had only the last 5 not pop but that was my neglect. Didn’t need them.

My best that was dripping with sap and crazy with trichomes was black. Had me freaked out. After learning I didn’t need to PH my soil I remembered reading higher acid might do this when I looked into why my plant was purple/black.

Took picks almost daily so I can show you anything that will help that way. Just might be a little slow.

Going to try to sleep. L8r BBers

Just took these

A8A7D914-1730-4371-956A-B5C07D0CA7BA.jpeg
FCF97B48-12E1-45F8-AA88-D0324B78541F.jpeg

Had some problems with this grow but definitely growing this Han Solo again. Next time I will train it. This was letting the plant do whatever it wants. I’m going to test a few things here with regards to larf and training.

i find the bleaching kinda cool, albeit a hair of an annoyance.

have you done any testing to see if there's an impact on active compounds as a result of the bleaching? i assume there is significant terpene loss at the affected area, but i'm curious if there's a potential change in compounds produced in that isolated area.

have you done any testing to see if there's an impact on active compounds as a result of the bleaching? i assume there is significant terpene loss at the affected area, but i'm curious if there's a potential change in compounds produced in that isolated area.
Bang on man. That is precisely what I am testing. I bleached it on purpose.

exactly

Foxtailing was an interest of Jadin's Journey growing Trainwreck & gorilla glue, he did not elaborate except to say he wanted to stop the foxtails? SS
I have read many places that foxtailing is a result of light stress. I disagree. I think it is genetic. And excessive light can trigger it, but it is not the cause.

If this one under intense ppfd does not foxtail, I'm kinda proving my point, albeit a very small sample size.

I've had low light strains foxtail, and high PPFD grows not, soo...

View attachment trim.B78B3C9E-7FF0-4008-BBDC-63C7C4C67D16.MOV

This is a vid of a vid. My first or second tent grow I had 3 different seeds from same mother. Black/purple is the oldest and months older. Other two were started together.

Once in the tent all are treated the same except volume of feed/water.

LED is a set of 220w linked and advertised as a 450w. IIRC the light was at 100% by this time.

The front right plant had started foxtails because the sap/resin was dripping off two plants but this one glued the lower buds in place. I was later able to pull some out with my fingers but the sap and sticky trichomes made it difficult and I have no idea if it helped but it was like mini foxtails making up a giant foxtail.

Any use or help let me know and I’ll try and get the pics of her. Don’t know why she did this as no others did.

Took a while to upload but I’m not able to play vids until EOM. Hope it works okay.

Edit: Corrected 250w to 450w.

Last edited:
The bleached/dried one was so sticky I had to use a BBQ brush to get the leaves off.

Still have a jar of it. Was going to see about making oil but those toys are $$$. It’s a light short heady high. Maybe 60 minutes, at least 30. It’s good to do things around the house and you can still drive a few hours later.

My buddy really likes it so I gave him most. He even took the bag of sugar leaves I saved so he can use it with tobacco.

I’m not as big a baseball as you but damn them cards have the bats goin the last couple weeks , could be another big one tonite

You'll appreciate this Moe. First ever custom patch cable. Used a pass through terminal, though and my crimper doesn't have the blade to cut the wires flush, so it won't fully connect in the switch port because the wires are sticking out too far 🤣PXL_20230523_231109574.MP.jpgPXL_20230523_231017583.jpg

You'll appreciate this Moe. First ever custom patch cable. Used a pass through terminal, though and my crimper doesn't have the blade to cut the wires flush, so it won't fully connect in the switch port because the wires are sticking out too far 🤣View attachment 3952View attachment 3953
That's what that silver razor blade is for. Cut them to length and flush before you stick them in.

Back
Top Bottom