Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

I’d say if foxtailing is genetic then different pheno s dont nessesarily carry the trait..I’m suprised at 1000ppfd the leaves aren’t tacoeing .what’s your leaf temps moe ..I bet that bleached buds temp isn’t all that hot being white..

I’d say if foxtailing is genetic then different pheno s dont nessesarily carry the trait..I’m suprised at 1000ppfd the leaves aren’t tacoeing .what’s your leaf temps moe ..I bet that bleached buds temp isn’t all that hot being white..
They are tacoing. It happened across 3 days when I left the CO2 off (I'm an idiot) and never relaxed back.

Haven't checked my leaf temps in a bit. Probably 78 range up at the top.

I could use some help from my soil friends.

These are the plastic kit I'm using:

e5f72d05-993b-4e40-a9cd-d2515b14f8d8-jpeg.3933

My plan is to use the green germinators on the right with soil from below

4c672904-0918-4d88-a271-aeb85b114b31-jpeg.4034

To germ these 12 seeds tonight.

I have 2 bags of Lush Organic, and one of the Royal gold.

I have the Bio-Live 542 pictured, but the shop owner told me these soils are good as is until week 3 of flower. Gaia Green is not available. He recommended the Bio-Live.

He told me that whatever is in that bag is dead from being in the bag. He was wearing a Recharge shirt. He really wanted me to buy some Recharge. I did not. I figure Great White was built for this purpose. I got that. Felt very salesy.

I also have General Hydro Flora series, Jacks, Fulvic, well pretty much all that crap that I guess I don't need over here.

Source is RO water.

So the question - Do I just wet down this soil, stick in the seed and dome it up at right temp? It seems to me like this media would be too hot for a seedling if it takes you all the way into flower?

Second question, how do you physically water? I'm thinking of gravity feeding from my RO tank with just a garden wand from lowes?

Bonus question - do I need anything else to be successful?

I could use some help from my soil friends.

These are the plastic kit I'm using:

e5f72d05-993b-4e40-a9cd-d2515b14f8d8-jpeg.3933

My plan is to use the green germinators on the right with soil from below

4c672904-0918-4d88-a271-aeb85b114b31-jpeg.4034

To germ these 12 seeds tonight.

I have 2 bags of Lush Organic, and one of the Royal gold.

I have the Bio-Live 542 pictured, but the shop owner told me these soils are good as is until week 3 of flower. Gaia Green is not available. He recommended the Bio-Live.

He told me that whatever is in that bag is dead from being in the bag. He was wearing a Recharge shirt. He really wanted me to buy some Recharge. I did not. I figure Great White was built for this purpose. I got that. Felt very salesy.

I also have General Hydro Flora series, Jacks, Fulvic, well pretty much all that crap that I guess I don't need over here.

Source is RO water.

So the question - Do I just wet down this soil, stick in the seed and dome it up at right temp? It seems to me like this media would be too hot for a seedling if it takes you all the way into flower?

Second question, how do you physically water? I'm thinking of gravity feeding from my RO tank with just a garden wand from lowes?

Bonus question - do I need anything else to be successful?
I would not start a seed in any of that pictured to hot

Move to the airpots after solos.
Watering seedlings is tricky for most IMO.
I keep em short by keeping a weak light [ LED aquarium light] close and watering as light as possible in first week or 2.
That IMO is why the solos are key. Square bottoms don't tip over as easily.

@Oldsog, what am I looking at for finish time on this Han Solo Death Cookies? I'm still adding mass and throwing white at 8 weeks and no sign of stopping. Trichs are all clear as glass.
The han solo is a gmo hybrid which goes about 10 weeks (gmo goes 11+) the northfire cookies is a 9-10 wk. 10 or more weeks

The han solo is a gmo hybrid which goes about 10 weeks (gmo goes 11+) the northfire cookies is a 9-10 wk. 10 or more weeks
OK, I'll let it go as long as it wants to. Crazy it just keeps putting on mass.

I've heard GMO takes forever, patience is a virtue I never had.

Very pretty plant overall. I'm going to do this one again and actually work it. This time I only defoliated once, just a little bit on the bottom in late veg, otherwise it did what it wanted to. I think this one could be a big producer if I scrogged it.

Welcome to club dirt, Moe. Sorry that I'm 5 pages late to the party :ROFLMAO: everyone has their own methods to their madness and soil is no different as you can see. Here are my methods for seeds:

I always use an inert soil mix for my base soil(I like to be in control of the nutrients that are in my soil). ProMix with high drainage is my go to choice for this.
I germinate seeds the way they germ in nature - plop a seed in soil and saturate the pot. Plop a dome on and remove it once the first sets of cotyledons open up while maintaining ~90% humidity in the dome. Unless I am working with 10 year old seeds my germ rates have been 100% using this method.
Will typically let the seedling grow in a nursery pot for ~2 weeks until I transplant into 1 gallon with fresh soil and at this point I would start my nutrient/amendments.

Base Nutrients: GG AP/Power Bloom (444|284)
Additives: Epsom, Gypsum, Azomite
Fungi: myco
Organisms: EWC

Very nice shaded thx. I tried to go down your path and was stymied at Gaia green.

I’ll do an inventory this weekend but I think I have everything else.

Not much to report except the games on and the wife is waiting.

4D4F3EE0-56EA-4A49-BC69-1BEC3BA0A77D.jpeg

Just took these

View attachment 3043
View attachment 3044

Had some problems with this grow but definitely growing this Han Solo again. Next time I will train it. This was letting the plant do whatever it wants. I’m going to test a few things here with regards to larf and training.
god damn brother, that's the most beautiful woman i've ever seen.

Here is right now. I’ll come back and edit in days from the time stamp

224944EA-C3DC-43A7-9E3C-0593BC0787FE.jpeg
AA6A287A-6A5A-47A4-BCA5-032801124CA3.jpeg
35BB91D4-CAD7-490C-8F1A-483AB0F3145E.jpeg
D364C807-02F7-46C4-81B1-EC29F97C9299.jpeg

75 F and 70%.

I think it is time to move up to solos and bury the long stalks a bit to make them the same height. Should I still use seedling soil? I’m thinking yes but add in some great white and maybe DE on the top.

Here is right now. I’ll come back and edit in days from the time stamp

View attachment 4991
View attachment 4992
View attachment 4993
View attachment 4994

75 F and 70%.

I think it is time to move up to solos and bury the long stalks a bit to make them the same height. Should I still use seedling soil? I’m thinking yes but add in some great white and maybe DE on the top.
I would stay with seedling soil to move up to solos and i would not add anything till you transplant up again. Just my two cents. One other thing why didnt you go solos right from the start ?

Back
Top Bottom