Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Stuff I used recently had a foil wrap and a plastic isolator strand woven in with the pairs that needs to be trimmed but that was it. As I understand the speed rating is basically determined by signal integrity over distance, the twists in the pairs help keep the signal from bleeding off so to speak, the added construction in Cat6 furthers this.
Foil wrap and string is normal depending on type.

If not thickness or shielding must be twists then?

If you don’t want power to drop off over distance you use a thicker gage so less resistance.

Most speed advances came from tech and compression so surprised cable has improved speed just by twists?

If you don’t want power to drop off over distance you use a thicker gage so less resistance.

Most speed advances came from tech and compression so surprised cable has improved speed just by twists?
Maybe bleeding off was poor choice, its all insulation from EMI that degrades signal/bandwidth.

Love that you are running soil. I feel like most people run Hydro and stick with it. Many start in soil and switch to Hydro. I personally (until this grow) have been organic soil. Can’t wait to see what you pull off in soil. Taste and smell are a big thing for me, and im hoping I dont lose that in Coco!

Ah. Cool. I was guessing extra/special shielding. What’s giving the boost of no extra wires? Thicker? Different material in the wire?

I’ve used Bell wire, fam worked there, to make patch cords. Good enough for a LAN party with a couple of switches. 🤣

Wireless didn’t come out until years later.
individual wire diameter is larger, and like @Cool_Beans said, there's a central isolater that keeps the twisted couples isolated. the twisting helps reducing cross talk, especially when the line is ran in conjunction with telephony or electrical lines, or in high density situations, other ethernet lines.

Love that you are running soil. I feel like most people run Hydro and stick with it. Many start in soil and switch to Hydro. I personally (until this grow) have been organic soil. Can’t wait to see what you pull off in soil. Taste and smell are a big thing for me, and im hoping I dont lose that in Coco!
true story. i started in soil, went to coco for a decade, then dove full on into hydro the past five-ish years. something about the cleanliness and simplicity of hydro makes it feel superior indoors. outdoors, soil 100%. dirt belongs outside.

completely derailed Moe's thread, but shielding is for running along with electrical lines and/or underground. shielded line has that polyester string to help strip the insulator. twisting help stop cross talk. CAT5e has the twists on the pairs, too, but all CAT6 is a thicker gauge and is twisted. IIRC CAT5 isn't twisted, CAT5e is, CAT5a is twisted and shielded. CAT6 is twisted, CAT6e is twisted and shielded, CAT6a is shielded, twisted, and higher gauge, then you get into CAT7 which might as well be white electrical wire.

View attachment 5196

2 more weeks for harvest?
I hate it when they go leggy on me.I us t5ho’s 4x24watt bout 9’ away and for some strange reason they stretch like all buggery the first couple days then they stop which has me bewildered.I start in those small punnets also then up pot and bury half of that stem.

I hate it when they go leggy on me.I us t5ho’s 4x24watt bout 9’ away and for some strange reason they stretch like all buggery the first couple days then they stop which has me bewildered.I start in those small punnets also then up pot and bury half of that stem.
I have not been kind to these seedlings. I don’t have these issues normally. Flying by the seat of my pants kinda.

One thing I learned in soil is when you put them in solos, put em all the way to the bottom and only add soil halfway or so. Then if they stretch, you can add more soil to bury the stem once they get taller.

I know, kinda late for that but I'm way behind on keeping up on threads.

One thing I learned in soil is when you put them in solos, put em all the way to the bottom and only add soil halfway or so. Then if they stretch, you can add more soil to bury the stem once they get taller.

I know, kinda late for that but I'm way behind on keeping up on threads.
I’ve been known to curl it up and bury the entire new stem - right or wrong always gets em back on track for me

Back
Top Bottom