Stoney's Luv Shack

Last Prime day was when I upgraded my inline fans as well.
I got the 6" Cloudray Pro with controller for only $119 and it's usually $150. I think without controller it was $100 so I figured WTH and got the controller for the xtra $20 and it's normally $70. That's how I ended up with 3 controllers 😋
That fan is a beast though dude and well worth it.

That's one cool diecast!!! Preorders always take a long time. I think I waited like 9 months for Briscoe's Phoenix win.
Man you should give your riding mower that paint scheme :giggle:
I'm expecting my #5 rc car to be delivered today. Been thinking more and more about the track I'll build too. Can't wait for the weather to cool down and go dig around out there. Bye week next weekend so I'll find some time to carve the course and go from there.

Looks like Cale Yarborough in '73 led all 500 laps at Bristol. Then yeah Petty at Dover led 491 of 500 then I believe it is Larson at #3 with his Saturday night dominance.
Truex Jr holds the record for most miles led with 588 leading 392 of 400 laps at the Coke 600

🤣 wife used to like the blue bag years ago. She liked ranch dressing but had moved on since then.

Sons into the purple bag, I’ve always stuck with the original. 🤷‍♂️

i normally get the bag thats on sale, and most times thats the small bag!:(

I got the 6" Cloudray Pro with controller for only $119 and it's usually $150. I think without controller it was $100 so I figured WTH and got the controller for the xtra $20 and it's normally $70. That's how I ended up with 3 controllers 😋

That's one cool diecast!!! Preorders always take a long time. I think I waited like 9 months for Briscoe's Phoenix win.
I'm expecting my #5 rc car to be delivered today. Been thinking more and more about the track I'll build too. Can't wait for the weather to cool down and go dig around out there. Bye week next weekend so I'll find some time to carve the course and go from there.

Looks like Cale Yarborough in '73 led all 500 laps at Bristol. Then yeah Petty at Dover led 491 of 500 then I believe it is Larson at #3 with his Saturday night dominance.
Truex Jr holds the record for most miles led with 588 leading 392 of 400 laps at the Coke 600

yea it's 150 right now with a controller and 109 without.. was hoping to get it for under $100... thats a great idea painting the mower, i gotta get a friend to attempt that one though, i'd probably mess that all up and make it look more like the 11 car by time i was done!!! i know somebody that would do a great job though!!!

cale yarborough!! doesn't surprise me one bit.

Yeah it's all kinds of cool 😋

View attachment 73980

ah hells yeah!!! thats a mean machine!!!!! you gotta do me a favor, would you measure the wheelbase for me? front to back center nut to center nut.. i wonder how close it is for my crawler!!! mine is 1/10 scale but on the small side of it.. i think stretched suspension i'm at like 280mm or something.

No prime account here. I’m lucky my son orders for me as it is.

I’m waiting for Black Friday. Funny, 5-10 years ago it was just a US thing. Now it’s as big as or bigger than our Boxing Day after Christmas. Guess that’s what happens when the largest stores are now US owned.

As long as I can get my fans and a better dehumidifier I don’t care. 🤷‍♂️

i normally get the bag thats on sale, and most times thats the small bag!:(

yea it's 150 right now with a controller and 109 without.. was hoping to get it for under $100... thats a great idea painting the mower, i gotta get a friend to attempt that one though, i'd probably mess that all up and make it look more like the 11 car by time i was done!!! i know somebody that would do a great job though!!!

cale yarborough!! doesn't surprise me one bit.

ah hells yeah!!! thats a mean machine!!!!! you gotta do me a favor, would you measure the wheelbase for me? front to back center nut to center nut.. i wonder how close it is for my crawler!!! mine is 1/10 scale but on the small side of it.. i think stretched suspension i'm at like 280mm or something.

That fan might drop to around $90 but I seem to remember it only going down to $100.
Still at that price it's a great deal. Similar fans can cost up around $300.

Looks like the wheel base is 225mm.
Kinda surprised at how realistic it is. Even has a rear splitter and the underside looks almost spot on to a Cup car.
All the people who know about these cars and stuff are saying it's based off the Arrma Grom Typhon buggy but with stretched and modified suspension to make it an on road car

I had to order an adapter for my battery to work with the smart charger so for now I'm using the included charger.
Will test drive it tonight on several track options...carpet, slick concrete, and rough concrete. Gotta get a feel for it's handling then I'll know how wide to make the track I wanna build out back.
Also gonna 3d print some cones for making track courses around campus
Been kinda watching the interweb and already a racing league has popped up in Florida. I may try to do something similar here.
It's cool how these cars are basically bridging the RC world to NASCAR fans. Now RC folks are getting into NASCAR and NASCAR fans are getting into RC. Losi and Horizon pretty much tapped a new market!

No prime account here. I’m lucky my son orders for me as it is.

I’m waiting for Black Friday. Funny, 5-10 years ago it was just a US thing. Now it’s as big as or bigger than our Boxing Day after Christmas. Guess that’s what happens when the largest stores are now US owned.

As long as I can get my fans and a better dehumidifier I don’t care. 🤷‍♂️

I was skeptical about prime when I first signed up and even with the price increases along the way it more than pays for itself. Two day shipping is nice but free shipping on heavy things is the big winner. Prime video is a nice bonus too. I also love the fact that now I never step foot in walmarts or target stores

Hey buddy how is your dry cabnet working? Pulled the little dehumidifier out of mine this run and added a pc fan 2 the bottom.the humidity was a little high 67% the first few hours just checked when I got home and she is cruising good.right at 60 and 60 .there is no compressor on this unit so it dosnt change when she kicks on. Didnt even fill two racks though so we will see when i fill it up completely what it does.20240925_171817.jpg20240925_171807.jpg

I was skeptical about prime when I first signed up and even with the price increases along the way it more than pays for itself. Two day shipping is nice but free shipping on heavy things is the big winner. Prime video is a nice bonus too. I also love the fact that now I never step foot in walmarts or target stores

Don’t think my sons ever had prime but my sister canceled it years ago. Just didn’t use it enough to make it worth the cost. But that was before Covid, no idea now.

Other than getting prescription glasses or Mason jars I stay out of Walmart. Don’t think we have target up here anymore.

Prime streaming is on the iPhone. Not my account or phone but we get to use it and Netflix.

That fan might drop to around $90 but I seem to remember it only going down to $100.
Still at that price it's a great deal. Similar fans can cost up around $300.

Looks like the wheel base is 225mm.
Kinda surprised at how realistic it is. Even has a rear splitter and the underside looks almost spot on to a Cup car.
All the people who know about these cars and stuff are saying it's based off the Arrma Grom Typhon buggy but with stretched and modified suspension to make it an on road car

I had to order an adapter for my battery to work with the smart charger so for now I'm using the included charger.
Will test drive it tonight on several track options...carpet, slick concrete, and rough concrete. Gotta get a feel for it's handling then I'll know how wide to make the track I wanna build out back.
Also gonna 3d print some cones for making track courses around campus
Been kinda watching the interweb and already a racing league has popped up in Florida. I may try to do something similar here.
It's cool how these cars are basically bridging the RC world to NASCAR fans. Now RC folks are getting into NASCAR and NASCAR fans are getting into RC. Losi and Horizon pretty much tapped a new market!

ya know tat fan/controller combo has a 15% off coupon right now and is $125 with the combo... you might be getting your controller back soon!!! haha i'm trying my hardest to come up with a way i could possibly use two controllers but i can't.

i really don't even need the fan but i'm so attracted to that smart speed where the controller can automatically up the speed depending on how high the temp is. i still have that awesome 8" windtunnel in my closet but would still be on one speed with my current setup.. idk, i haven't spent anything yet. might just save the money for my all my liability insurances due in october. both handyman and car wash insurances are due on the same month, not sure how i set that up. but it's so nice to know i'm covered up to a million with a zero deductible!!! i even have some of my tools with special coverage.

man arma makes some really tough gear, they're direct competition with traxxas.

i wish it was just a little longer... i'll have to measure mine with the suspension loaded up and see if might not look to bad. right now i have mine set up with a sloppy spring to give what they call full droop. my wheelbase is close to 300mm squatted out like that.

i was talking to a buddy of mine that we RC together and he happens to be a cement guy and i said about building a track and he said what plywood, f that make it blacktop!! i said its bristol weekend 36 degree banking cement, think you could pour me a scale track with cement? he said fuck yeah i could!!!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

i gotta say man, those pickle juices are the best freakin thing to wash down a burger with!!!!!!!! :love:

Hey buddy how is your dry cabnet working? Pulled the little dehumidifier out of mine this run and added a pc fan 2 the bottom.the humidity was a little high 67% the first few hours just checked when I got home and she is cruising good.right at 60 and 60 .there is no compressor on this unit so it dosnt change when she kicks on. Didnt even fill two racks though so we will see when i fill it up completely what it does.View attachment 74067View attachment 74068

ah hell yeah man, yours might be working a little better than mine!!! i had trouble keeping the rh down in the beginning. keeping the temps were even a problem mid way through we had a small heat wave and the cabinet went over 70 a few times.

i think i'm about three or four days behind target, but not terrible. the buds are just starting to snap off of the stem and not stringing off.. not a full stem snap yet but close. maybe tomorrow kind of close.

i smoked some early with a friend and he said it was nice, said it tasted a little cleaner than what i normally have. he said no chlorophyll or funky green taste like that which was good to hear!

i think i need to upgrade my peltier unit to a bigger one and also upgrade my 12vdc power supply. in the very beginning when i had the cooler and dehuey running i could hear the fan dip when one kicked on and off. might be underpowered a bit. when i first ran numbers it was plenty but then i kept adding things and now i need to double it or more!

100% a success but could be refined better... i liked it much better than what i was drying in so it's a win for sure.

Don’t think my sons ever had prime but my sister canceled it years ago. Just didn’t use it enough to make it worth the cost. But that was before Covid, no idea now.

Other than getting prescription glasses or Mason jars I stay out of Walmart. Don’t think we have target up here anymore.

Prime streaming is on the iPhone. Not my account or phone but we get to use it and Netflix.

prime was awesome back when it was $75 a year. it's a lot more now.

so according to the moon and all that yesterday and today are the two days best for planting seeds so last night i loaded up the xlVG with 18 seeds!!! the line up is three of each:

cherry pie from capt. redbeard
california orange sherbet also from the captain
Hippo High from Blimburn
Candy Store from Ethos
Amherst Sour Diesel from Humbolt
Sun of a Peach from Anesia

018.JPG

six cultivars and five breeders... and because of the moon we've named this grow from astrology...

017.JPG

my plants and i just might share the same birthday!!! :D

Last edited:
no veg totals:

Lemon frosting - 61g
Funky Monkey - 92g
Kush Mintz - 38g
Platinum Ice - 53g
Rancid Runtz muffins - 80g
Los Angeles - 80g

total of 404g grams or 14 ounces. about two ounces lighter than the mainlines. almost unmeasurable really, two ounces could come from anywhere.. really tough for me to use this info at all other than i now know no veg is awesome and can still grow decent harvests. and i technically didn't grow no veg, it was more of a 3 week veg with limited lighting. the other major difference was the light spectrum... i guess i should grow this next round mainline with full spectrum and see what that produces. not really set on anything yet.. i better decide soon though, i'll sleep on it and see how i feel tomorrow. really leaning mainline though, just because of the fun factor.

Very cool. I’m glad you guys can do these tests and experiments. With my small plant limit every experiment is a high risk that could lower my harvest or quality.

Each result saves me time and expense. So thanks guys. 👍

in my honest opinion man there was nothing short to the noveg except for time and power bills. in fact, according to my personal meters along with my power company bill that i just received today that this was my cheapest grow in years. even though veg is not at full power the month or more less of growing really made a difference on my wattage totals.

i'm shocked how the yield just found it's way in there. it didn't feel like it as the grow was going but in the end it all caught up. i really like the canopy on the mainlines and felt it was much better but with results like this how can i argue, it really doesn't matter if i keep a neat canopy or not. it also doesn't matter if a have shiny walls or not..
it also doesn't matter if the branches alternate or not in flower..
it also doesn't matter if i don't feed my plants much, i neglected to feed these plants so much. with the hydro stuff keeping me busy most times they just got straight water. i fed them tea only twice ever. and bloom nutes maybe twice but i think it was once. i gave them bloom booster one time and then realized it was to late and wanted to start the finisher nutes. they got finisher nutes maybe five or six times, i was kinda on top of it by the very end. but as it turns out, it doesn't really matter... oh and BTW, my straight water has a PPM of 9! no hidden nutes in there...

i will no veg again for sure, what i will change is a quicker flip and a cannonball flip (Bill Murray is in my head now!) and not use a net for support, that thing was a waste of time, i took it back off and non of the branches moved. when i pulled them all out for single photos the funky monkey were the only ones to droop over. the LA's were the second heaviest of the crop and the tallest by far and also the closest to the fan and they were strong as can be. no veg seems to grow them more robust.

i forgot to take photos of my branches when i stripped everything down. the anatomy showed that i was around 50/50 as far as proper spread so common sense would tell me i probably should only be growing half the plants i do, but whats the fun in that. good thing i don't have common sense!! 😆 😆 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: i will grow forward with 16 again!

veg? no veg? mainline? i don't freakin know... sleeping on it didn't help, no dreams to lead the way..
help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope! :D i don't really have to decide till five blade leaves for no veg and till node five for mainline and do nothing at all for a normal veg and flower.

I’m finishing off a plan to take Feb-Sept off. We’ll see how that works out. But after that I can see taking your results and trying out a no veg.

I chopped JB & PD today so I grabbed my clones from buddy.
IMG_0696.jpeg

Need a little TLC and I just fed them. They start 12/12 today with the light just a little higher than they had it. Back left might be a male HB but the back right is a female. 👍😝

the next round is in soil and growing... 17 for 18, one of the hippo high didn't make it, could have been my fault i was pulling helmets off along the way and that may have been one of them.

002.JPG

went with 40% stonington 40% seed starter and 20% vermiculite. watered in with great white and green aminos

003.JPG

🙃:)🙃

ya know tat fan/controller combo has a 15% off coupon right now and is $125 with the combo... you might be getting your controller back soon!!! haha i'm trying my hardest to come up with a way i could possibly use two controllers but i can't.

i really don't even need the fan but i'm so attracted to that smart speed where the controller can automatically up the speed depending on how high the temp is. i still have that awesome 8" windtunnel in my closet but would still be on one speed with my current setup.. idk, i haven't spent anything yet. might just save the money for my all my liability insurances due in october. both handyman and car wash insurances are due on the same month, not sure how i set that up. but it's so nice to know i'm covered up to a million with a zero deductible!!! i even have some of my tools with special coverage.

man arma makes some really tough gear, they're direct competition with traxxas.

i wish it was just a little longer... i'll have to measure mine with the suspension loaded up and see if might not look to bad. right now i have mine set up with a sloppy spring to give what they call full droop. my wheelbase is close to 300mm squatted out like that.

i was talking to a buddy of mine that we RC together and he happens to be a cement guy and i said about building a track and he said what plywood, f that make it blacktop!! i said its bristol weekend 36 degree banking cement, think you could pour me a scale track with cement? he said fuck yeah i could!!!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

i gotta say man, those pickle juices are the best freakin thing to wash down a burger with!!!!!!!! :love:

ah hell yeah man, yours might be working a little better than mine!!! i had trouble keeping the rh down in the beginning. keeping the temps were even a problem mid way through we had a small heat wave and the cabinet went over 70 a few times.

i think i'm about three or four days behind target, but not terrible. the buds are just starting to snap off of the stem and not stringing off.. not a full stem snap yet but close. maybe tomorrow kind of close.

i smoked some early with a friend and he said it was nice, said it tasted a little cleaner than what i normally have. he said no chlorophyll or funky green taste like that which was good to hear!

i think i need to upgrade my peltier unit to a bigger one and also upgrade my 12vdc power supply. in the very beginning when i had the cooler and dehuey running i could hear the fan dip when one kicked on and off. might be underpowered a bit. when i first ran numbers it was plenty but then i kept adding things and now i need to double it or more!

100% a success but could be refined better... i liked it much better than what i was drying in so it's a win for sure.

prime was awesome back when it was $75 a year. it's a lot more now.

so according to the moon and all that yesterday and today are the two days best for planting seeds so last night i loaded up the xlVG with 18 seeds!!! the line up is three of each:

cherry pie from capt. redbeard
california orange sherbet also from the captain
Hippo High from Blimburn
Candy Store from Ethos
Amherst Sour Diesel from Humbolt
Sun of a Peach from Anesia

View attachment 74092

six cultivars and five breeders... and because of the moon we've named this grow from astrology...

View attachment 74091

my plants and i just might share the same birthday!!! :D

I think the really nice thing about ACI gear is all the control features along with the solid quality. Saving more on it's even better but man we get a lot of bells and whistles in that gear for the low price. They've really nailed and taken over the market like Coca Cola.

I've gotten the car out a few times for test drives so far. Man it is so much fun!!! Tough little sucker too!
I've driven it on slick concrete and plastic floor, same kinda flooring that might be found in garages and warehouses.
The tires are way too slick for that stuff so I'm pretty much drifting on it and the car is insanely loose.
Today I'll try it out on some roughed up concrete that has a ton more grip and there's some banking and hills in the spot too.

Been giving a lot of thought to laying down concrete as well for my home track. Don't really like putting down something impervious though and decking will be too expensive.
I may if needed rent a sod cutter and cut my track path out then line it with landscape edging and weed block. Then fill it in with decomposed granite, fill my barrel with water and roll over it to pack it down, then lay outdoor carpet but also have that smoothed out dirt track option underneath.
The track will also be a totally different challenge depending on direction so also having a dirt track underneath it will be like having 4 tracks in one

Interesting line up on that drop!🍿

in my honest opinion man there was nothing short to the noveg except for time and power bills. in fact, according to my personal meters along with my power company bill that i just received today that this was my cheapest grow in years. even though veg is not at full power the month or more less of growing really made a difference on my wattage totals.

i'm shocked how the yield just found it's way in there. it didn't feel like it as the grow was going but in the end it all caught up. i really like the canopy on the mainlines and felt it was much better but with results like this how can i argue, it really doesn't matter if i keep a neat canopy or not. it also doesn't matter if a have shiny walls or not..
it also doesn't matter if the branches alternate or not in flower..
it also doesn't matter if i don't feed my plants much, i neglected to feed these plants so much. with the hydro stuff keeping me busy most times they just got straight water. i fed them tea only twice ever. and bloom nutes maybe twice but i think it was once. i gave them bloom booster one time and then realized it was to late and wanted to start the finisher nutes. they got finisher nutes maybe five or six times, i was kinda on top of it by the very end. but as it turns out, it doesn't really matter... oh and BTW, my straight water has a PPM of 9! no hidden nutes in there...

i will no veg again for sure, what i will change is a quicker flip and a cannonball flip (Bill Murray is in my head now!) and not use a net for support, that thing was a waste of time, i took it back off and non of the branches moved. when i pulled them all out for single photos the funky monkey were the only ones to droop over. the LA's were the second heaviest of the crop and the tallest by far and also the closest to the fan and they were strong as can be. no veg seems to grow them more robust.

i forgot to take photos of my branches when i stripped everything down. the anatomy showed that i was around 50/50 as far as proper spread so common sense would tell me i probably should only be growing half the plants i do, but whats the fun in that. good thing i don't have common sense!! 😆 😆 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: i will grow forward with 16 again!

veg? no veg? mainline? i don't freakin know... sleeping on it didn't help, no dreams to lead the way..
help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope! :D i don't really have to decide till five blade leaves for no veg and till node five for mainline and do nothing at all for a normal veg and flower.

Really good write up man and I've found many if not all of those same things to be true.
Sometimes I think it's criminal how much I don't use in nutes. I've seen these plants grow in the shittiest and most void of life heavy, shitty draining clay soil and still do very well. I'll never believe cannabis is a huge feeder unless it's in tree mode outdoors 12' tall and wide.
Indoors, 1/10th recommended strength posted on the bottle has worked great and saved a ton of $$$ for me.

Cannabis is funny man. Really, I believe it's sole intent in life is to reproduce. Like from the get go it's intent is to get pregnant and produce seeds.
It plays right into our hands because we want the flowers. So all we have to do is get it past infancy and let that insatiable need to reproduce take over. Gotta keep her happy and healthy of course but once flipped, they go into something of a panic.
They're gonna do everything they can to be the best they can be and reproduce. If they're small they're gonna try to get as big as possible in a hurry.
Then we trick them by not letting them get pollinated and even more panic sets in. They turn it on late, swell up, then realize pollination is not gonna happen and begin to die.
That is all I believe that matters most. Everything else is just window dressing.
Managing that life cycle starts to fall into categories of logic and common sense. If what we're doing exploits that need to reproduce, she rewards us with bounty!

Now it's that matter of fine tuning the operation. Maybe add a little more veg and pruning. That's pretty much where I'm at.
I also consider mainlining to be a rather broad term with many different options on the table with or without ties, selected nodes and nodes on branching etc. 100 ways to skin that cat.
Then yeah will a net be needed or not. More likely not because they seem to be much stronger in the canopy with short veg time compared to long veg times. Like thicker stalks and not so top heavy so they stay standing.

the next round is in soil and growing... 17 for 18, one of the hippo high didn't make it, could have been my fault i was pulling helmets off along the way and that may have been one of them.

View attachment 74576

went with 40% stonington 40% seed starter and 20% vermiculite. watered in with great white and green aminos

View attachment 74577

🙃:)🙃

Really nice consistency across all the youngsters! And quick too!

Cannabis is funny man. Really, I believe it's sole intent in life is to reproduce. Like from the get go it's intent is to get pregnant and produce seeds.
It plays right into our hands because we want the flowers. So all we have to do is get it past infancy and let that insatiable need to reproduce take over. Gotta keep her happy and healthy of course but once flipped, they go into something of a panic.
They're gonna do everything they can to be the best they can be and reproduce. If they're small they're gonna try to get as big as possible in a hurry.
Then we trick them by not letting them get pollinated and even more panic sets in. They turn it on late, swell up, then realize pollination is not gonna happen and begin to die.
That is all I believe that matters most. Everything else is just window dressing.
Managing that life cycle starts to fall into categories of logic and common sense. If what we're doing exploits that need to reproduce, she rewards us with bounty!
FTW~!

I think the really nice thing about ACI gear is all the control features along with the solid quality. Saving more on it's even better but man we get a lot of bells and whistles in that gear for the low price. They've really nailed and taken over the market like Coca Cola.

I've noticed this as well man, and they seem to have their hands in all kinds of grow stuff and start to see them become more rounded in their products. you know they gotta be doing something right if they have something i want and don't even need!!!

speaking of coke, i tried the oreo coke.. it's good if like washing down cookies with soda, i prefer milk! haha not one of their best colab flavors..
i like that dr pepper strawberry thats been out.

I've gotten the car out a few times for test drives so far. Man it is so much fun!!! Tough little sucker too!
I've driven it on slick concrete and plastic floor, same kinda flooring that might be found in garages and warehouses.
The tires are way too slick for that stuff so I'm pretty much drifting on it and the car is insanely loose.
Today I'll try it out on some roughed up concrete that has a ton more grip and there's some banking and hills in the spot too.

i bet epoxy floors or even a smooth ground concrete would be tough for traction. even my crawler does donuts on a cement floor... there is always the option of modified wheels and tires, careful that can get pricy!!! i bet i have close to $80 in each wheel and tire on my traxxas. brass parts and lead filled, those things weigh a couple pounds each!!! crawlers have different rules, all about low center of gravity.

i like your carpet idea...

Been giving a lot of thought to laying down concrete as well for my home track. Don't really like putting down something impervious though and decking will be too expensive.
I may if needed rent a sod cutter and cut my track path out then line it with landscape edging and weed block. Then fill it in with decomposed granite, fill my barrel with water and roll over it to pack it down, then lay outdoor carpet but also have that smoothed out dirt track option underneath.
The track will also be a totally different challenge depending on direction so also having a dirt track underneath it will be like having 4 tracks in one

something else to keep in mind man, if you do go through the work of building this in your yard you're probably gonna get into different styles of RC, maybe buggies or stadium trucks and then putting a dirt track or sand underneath would be awesome for a few different styles.

Interesting line up on that drop!🍿

Really nice consistency across all the youngsters! And quick too!

i should have taken pics of the sour D.. the tap roots grew short and fat.. the root was puffier than the stem was and shorter than the stem too... odd birds!! all three of em too..

everything else seems to be par for the coarse, one decided to grow right through the middle of the paper towel, not between the layers but right through the middle in one side and out the other!!! i was gentle enough to slide it back out without damage.
two had slight stress when i watered them in i accidentally buried two and had to readjust and spray them off.

i'm kinda concerned about the sour D and the hippo high, i almost went for it and added the ghost train haze in the mix but decided against it. five crazy plants at one time will be enough!! haha

Really good write up man and I've found many if not all of those same things to be true.
Sometimes I think it's criminal how much I don't use in nutes. I've seen these plants grow in the shittiest and most void of life heavy, shitty draining clay soil and still do very well. I'll never believe cannabis is a huge feeder unless it's in tree mode outdoors 12' tall and wide.
Indoors, 1/10th recommended strength posted on the bottle has worked great and saved a ton of $$$ for me.

and ya know they still didn't start to eat themselves at all, it keeps making me go back to comment you made about the strength of stonington mix. it's designed to be an all in one and have enough to grow all the way through so maybe i'm adding to much. i want to try and maybe just roll with water till ask for something. it's kinda the reason i added the verm and starter mix in, for one i had them both on hand and wanted to use them up as bot bags were opened already and i wanted to weaken the strength at the same time, so two birds, one stoner..

annabis is funny man. Really, I believe it's sole intent in life is to reproduce. Like from the get go it's intent is to get pregnant and produce seeds.

when i first started growing i took setup advice from somebody i knew and i turned out there was only two things that i could take from his advice one was the only job i have as a grower is to keep the plant from stressing or being unhappy it knows how to do the rest on it;s own. and the second is that the plants only focus in life is to reproduce itself and allow it's dna to spread.

no veg really does seem to turn on all the flower growing triggers at once even triggers like grow stronger to support buds whee the plant is not even thinking about that in veg.

i wonder if this is why no veg doesn't alternate branches. maybe in the plants mind it's like fuck it, it's to late to worry about about doing that now, it's time to worry about reproduction.

now i can't get this song out of my head...

i used to love grease II when i was young.. never really liked any other musical ever but something about that movie always stuck with me..

Now it's that matter of fine tuning the operation. Maybe add a little more veg and pruning. That's pretty much where I'm at.
I also consider mainlining to be a rather broad term with many different options on the table with or without ties, selected nodes and nodes on branching etc. 100 ways to skin that cat.
Then yeah will a net be needed or not. More likely not because they seem to be much stronger in the canopy with short veg time compared to long veg times. Like thicker stalks and not so top heavy so they stay standing.

i'm all eyes and ears on your pruning for sure!! back when you first starting talking about this i was just finishing my mainlines and had thought about growing mainlines with just four legs.
i did very little pruning on this last round and probably should have done more cleaning the lower growth early on. it was really tough to get the back two rows with net in place.. i jumped the gun way to early on the net, i thought the stretch was over and mistimed it by a mile! next time i'll wait for the net till they're leaning and need it, it's why i spent the time making it slide up and down anyway. so it was great to learn a few things from the noveg run that i can carry on to all styles of growing and honestly really enjoyed both the mainlining and the noveg runs and found things in both of them that makes me want to do them both over a few more times, if not forever. i got so sucked into growing with the SIP and my setup that it kinda took some fun out of it and both noveg and mainline really put that fun factor over the top for me. same with the hydro, added such a fun factor that i ended up learning a bunch from.. can't wait to combine hydro and noveg together, and mainline and hydro!!

pretty much leaning towards those erie seeds you sent me for hydro... it's funny how i look at my seed packs now that i have the two site hydro, it's like even number packs are going to hydro and odd number are going soil!! hahaha it's mostly the reason why i bailed on the gassy creme cake, readbeard fucked it all up and sent me four freebies instead of three. i probably would have never thought of the hippo high if there would have only been three in a pack!! haha

hippo high.jpg

Last edited:
I've noticed this as well man, and they seem to have their hands in all kinds of grow stuff and start to see them become more rounded in their products. you know they gotta be doing something right if they have something i want and don't even need!!!

speaking of coke, i tried the oreo coke.. it's good if like washing down cookies with soda, i prefer milk! haha not one of their best colab flavors..
i like that dr pepper strawberry thats been out.

i bet epoxy floors or even a smooth ground concrete would be tough for traction. even my crawler does donuts on a cement floor... there is always the option of modified wheels and tires, careful that can get pricy!!! i bet i have close to $80 in each wheel and tire on my traxxas. brass parts and lead filled, those things weigh a couple pounds each!!! crawlers have different rules, all about low center of gravity.

i like your carpet idea...

something else to keep in mind man, if you do go through the work of building this in your yard you're probably gonna get into different styles of RC, maybe buggies or stadium trucks and then putting a dirt track or sand underneath would be awesome for a few different styles.

i should have taken pics of the sour D.. the tap roots grew short and fat.. the root was puffier than the stem was and shorter than the stem too... odd birds!! all three of em too..

everything else seems to be par for the coarse, one decided to grow right through the middle of the paper towel, not between the layers but right through the middle in one side and out the other!!! i was gentle enough to slide it back out without damage.
two had slight stress when i watered them in i accidentally buried two and had to readjust and spray them off.

i'm kinda concerned about the sour D and the hippo high, i almost went for it and added the ghost train haze in the mix but decided against it. five crazy plants at one time will be enough!! haha

and ya know they still didn't start to eat themselves at all, it keeps making me go back to comment you made about the strength of stonington mix. it's designed to be an all in one and have enough to grow all the way through so maybe i'm adding to much. i want to try and maybe just roll with water till ask for something. it's kinda the reason i added the verm and starter mix in, for one i had them both on hand and wanted to use them up as bot bags were opened already and i wanted to weaken the strength at the same time, so two birds, one stoner..

when i first started growing i took setup advice from somebody i knew and i turned out there was only two things that i could take from his advice one was the only job i have as a grower is to keep the plant from stressing or being unhappy it knows how to do the rest on it;s own. and the second is that the plants only focus in life is to reproduce itself and allow it's dna to spread.

no veg really does seem to turn on all the flower growing triggers at once even triggers like grow stronger to support buds whee the plant is not even thinking about that in veg.

i wonder if this is why no veg doesn't alternate branches. maybe in the plants mind it's like fuck it, it's to late to worry about about doing that now, it's time to worry about reproduction.

now i can't get this song out of my head...

i used to love grease II when i was young.. never really liked any other musical ever but something about that movie always stuck with me..

i'm all eyes and ears on your pruning for sure!! back when you first starting talking about this i was just finishing my mainlines and had thought about growing mainlines with just four legs.
i did very little pruning on this last round and probably should have done more cleaning the lower growth early on. it was really tough to get the back two rows with net in place.. i jumped the gun way to early on the net, i thought the stretch was over and mistimed it by a mile! next time i'll wait for the net till they're leaning and need it, it's why i spent the time making it slide up and down anyway. so it was great to learn a few things from the noveg run that i can carry on to all styles of growing and honestly really enjoyed both the mainlining and the noveg runs and found things in both of them that makes me want to do them both over a few more times, if not forever. i got so sucked into growing with the SIP and my setup that it kinda took some fun out of it and both noveg and mainline really put that fun factor over the top for me. same with the hydro, added such a fun factor that i ended up learning a bunch from.. can't wait to combine hydro and noveg together, and mainline and hydro!!

pretty much leaning towards those erie seeds you sent me for hydro... it's funny how i look at my seed packs now that i have the two site hydro, it's like even number packs are going to hydro and odd number are going soil!! hahaha it's mostly the reason why i bailed on the gassy creme cake, readbeard fucked it all up and sent me four freebies instead of three. i probably would have never thought of the hippo high if there would have only been three in a pack!! haha

View attachment 74692
Moo daeng pygmy baby hippo making a lot of noise here....may have to head to the zoo and get the BB board the 'hip' (as seen on SNL) info. Stay tuned

Dr. Pepper doing the heavy lifting there.

the doc's my fav for sure!! i'm the only one in my family that drinks soda so i don't get it very often but when i do 95% of the time its dr pepper.

i think it's time to take down the little lonely outdoor plant. this is my prize seed from B2ACG.. kush mintz. i'll be able to compare a little from outdoor to indoor!!

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG

the doc's my fav for sure!! i'm the only one in my family that drinks soda so i don't get it very often but when i do 95% of the time its dr pepper.
Dr Pepper was always a favourite, still is. I don’t drink much pop but my wife and son do. When she get a few Dr Pepper I have to grab them quick as my son likes it now too. 😒

i think it's time to take down the little lonely outdoor plant. this is my prize seed from B2ACG.. kush mintz. i'll be able to compare a little from outdoor to indoor!!
IMG_0775.jpegIMG_0776.jpeg

I keep forgetting about mine. Poor thing was stuck out late and with no hardening. It was that or tossing it.

Yours looks great in comparison. 👍

Dr Pepper was always a favourite, still is. I don’t drink much pop but my wife and son do. When she get a few Dr Pepper I have to grab them quick as my son likes it now too. 😒

View attachment 74906View attachment 74907

I keep forgetting about mine. Poor thing was stuck out late and with no hardening. It was that or tossing it.

Yours looks great in comparison. 👍

i realized last night that i am still infested with mites! just started that new round too... i should have known better. i've nuked the hydro cabinet and have turned off any exhaust fans. i honestly don't care of those plants make it or not, i just want to kill the bugs without risking or infecting this round, and that's a big IF i didn't already infect the new round. bastards!!!!

I like Dr. Pepper, too. Strange, though... I thought everybody in West-by-God drank RC Cola.

RC cola was my dads fav... grew up drinking that stuff.

mowed the lawn hopefully for the last time this year. took my time and got everything, i think this was number six on the year. zip tie on my ball joint held up all year too!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: as soon as it cools down i'll bring it in the garage and give it a good end of year service. most likely tear apart the entire steering system just to get to the ball joints. f'n john deere!!! stupid design.. i'm so tempted to weld the nuts to the plate once i have it off of there to make a future repair a whole lot easier!!!!

a week in and everybody's still standing! :D

so far no issues, gave them all their first watering a couple days ago. had a little great white and gnat juice in there. speaking of, i really think i'm going to order predators for those and maybe even for the mites..

so far so good on the mite issue, i inspected them all close and saw nothing.. BTW, an illuminated magnifying glass is awesome for this kind of inspection!!

009.JPG

also need the heater already, it was 67° without it...

001.JPG

here's the biggest and the smallest so far...

002.JPG003.JPG

a family shot...

004.JPG

If you no veg these, you be 1 complete grow ahead of me in just two rounds~!

i never really added up all the math like that but yeah ya know in 87-95 days and done is pretty attractive. more time to grow all the different strains!!!

i'm not pushing these plants or driving them hard for no veg but once the five blades hit i can decide then, i wasn't planning on cloning anything so timing can be anything at this point, but man for fun i really wanna mainline but dude no veg is sooooo freakin easy i'd probably get my slacker card revoked if i didn't noveg again!!!! i could easily be persuaded either way at the moment!!!!

i ddn't cut down the outdoor kush mintz yet, we had like ten days straight of cloudy/rainy weather and now it's finally sunny for the next few days so i let er ride!!! gonna be in the low 40's the next couple nights! but should be dry.

finally got some time to hang my new fairy lights on our trellis today ( i cut the old ones trying to do some yard work (that'll fuckin teach me to take care of the lawn!!)) 😆 😆

went with some patriotic ones this time!! 🤩

012.JPG013.JPG

go#5!!!!!

"These stickers are dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love FAFO"
~ Kyle Larson, probably

View attachment 75277

View attachment 75276

Happy race day Buddy 🏁

sounds like something larson would say!!!! hahaha

i haven't placed those stickers yet, thinking maybe my four wheeler!!

put my new fan in already!!!!

old style ↓
005.JPG

new style ↓

006.JPG

and then on the inside i hung up some artwork to try and encourage my plants to grow faster!!! :D vroom!!! vroom!!!

007.JPG

everything is wired/tested and ready for action!!! so now i have all the fans in both cabinets all on the one controller. the new gen2 oscillator is going in the hydro cab with the limited swing and the gen1 is gonna be used for my upskirt fan because i'll always use full swing for that anyway. the intake fan is an ACI but not cloud series so i'm using the power block to turn it on, but with this new inline it pulls much more air than my old one so maybe the intake isn't even needed. might even end up with an open port all said and done. :D

Back
Top Bottom