ill need to figure out how to do that lol. I have a nikon z50 I bought for my wife, but I also use it for the canna photos...still learning it...
Sup! Sweet Camera! Im a Canon person myself but ISO stands for all camera's.

This dude has a good tutorial on the settings for that camera.

It has manual mode and I think ISO mode. Basically higher iso lets you shoot at faster shutter speeds and maintain proper exposure, at the cost of some image "noise". So in this case you would try raising your ISO a bit to allow a faster shutter speed and bingo bango sharper images in low light. Its a trade off though, the higher you go in iso the worse the image quality.

Sup! Sweet Camera! Im a Canon person myself but ISO stands for all camera's.

This dude has a good tutorial on the settings for that camera.

It has manual mode and I think ISO mode. Basically higher iso lets you shoot at faster shutter speeds and maintain proper exposure, at the cost of some image "noise". So in this case you would try raising your ISO a bit to allow a faster shutter speed and bingo bango sharper images in low light. Its a trade off though, the higher you go in iso the worse the image quality.

Im going to have to give that a watch or two!

Some beautiful shots in here, damn thats a beautiful plant! Not sure if you can do it with that camera but focus stacking is where its at for bud shots since there are so many angles on a bud its hard to get it all in focus, thats where focus stacking comes in handy.

yea Focus stacking is something else I want to learn as well! The camera has the capability to do it I believe.

whose ready for another photo dump! I know I am!

Heres the Fire Og cut - fully seeded with the cherry pie x mod mac moonshine - rounded out week 12. This gal is fading hard in her 3-gallon pot - next run going up to 10s as they all fading pretty hard. reeks of gas and puppy breath.

fireog  week11.5 nikon Z-18.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-19.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-20.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-21.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-22.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-23.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-24.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-25.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-26.jpgfireog  week11.5 nikon Z-27.jpg

well, as cycles tend to do - They come and go and come again!

The cherry pie x mod mac moonshine pollination cycle is officially chopped and harvested, and now drying, the room was cleaned and bleached, then I combined pots and filled the next runs pots. Im over the 3 gallons and upgraded to 10s...more root space and more time between waterings, and less plants. This run will be -

Pollination using my chosen Blackberry Moonshine bx1 male. I will be making my f2s, as well as bx2, and also I will remake haole moonshine, this time swapping the sexes of the parents involved. Instead of a male mod mac moonshine and the bms bx1 cut, it will be the mod mac moonshine 6% terps cannaessential cut and the bms bx1 male I selected. Ill also make some fun new crosses as well..

The chosen Male-

IMG_20230629_000509_509.jpg

Hooooly smokers look what came in the mail yesterday. 🤩🥳🌿

I assume these are regs? Can't wait to get these goin! Super grateful for the opportunity to test these girls out. Thanks again @dragonsflamegenetics Anything with Deathstar is gonna be ridiculous lol. View attachment 9789
I'm jealous. I'd really like to try out some of Jeffs genetics. Congrats Bro!!

One of my other passions - Old cars and hot rods....

Been working on my 70-formula firebird.... got the suspension and control arms and steering all pulled off, going to the sand blaster, and getting them restored. spent an ungodly amount of time with a wire wheel and a wire brush getting the frame rails all nice and clean, and de scaled. Then put down a layer of rust converter to stop any new rust for another few decades, and then painted heavily two coats of chassis paint. Once I get the control arms, sway bar, and spindles back from the sandblaster, Ill get them painted with the corraseal to prevent future rust, and then they will also get two thick coats of the por 15 to keep em looking good. New control arm bushings get installed, and ball joints, after that, can reassemble! Ended up getting two-inch drop springs - Shes going to sit aggressively and look so much better...brakes and steering are pretty damn important so going all new components.

20230702_153247.jpg20230702_164107.jpgIMG_20230615_154240_143.jpg357518072_1642664556217156_7203253031186527274_n.jpg

nice..I use these honeycomb strip it wheels on a drill work fantastic Jeff…and a little tip with the por 15 .make sure it goes on thin as if it doesn’t you will get tiny bubbles in it..I’ve moved away from por and using 2k epoxy then paint..the por is still good though dries like a rock lol.use a good brush as the pig hair will pull out of the brush and get stuck in the paint.you can thin it a little.I covered the threads on the spindles and taped it right back to where the rear seal goes behind the bearing on hub.this is 2k on my front k frame
.91B251DB-77F6-449D-8979-1BD81CA4E091.jpeg96E7F3F3-588B-4B56-93A6-D98AA409ED7E.jpegA56FABFB-4CB9-41CB-BAC9-A5EC470E6CD7.jpeg

I like to powder coat all my undercarriage components if I'm restoring a car or building a race car. I had a '61 Thunderbird that I powdercoated all the undercarriage components on. It was more a cruiser/showcar so powdercoating made it easier to prep for a show when I was cleaning the undercarriage.

61 Tbird.jpg

@Mad Max - What is that front clip to? Love Wilwood brakes. I had a set of SL6's on the front and rear DL4's on an '03 Mustang that I had outfitted with a race suspension from Maximum Motorsports. Thankfully I had installed a 5 point Simpson belt or those brakes would've put me through the windshield!!!

Funny story when I first got them I didn't check the brake pads they had sent me. I drove the car at a few test and tune days and noticed a grinding noise coming from the brakes. When I took the wheel off the rotor had been ground down to paper at the veins. I checked the pads and they looked brand new. I realized these were full race pads for sponsored teams where they change rotors every race. Wilwood sent me a new set of rotors free of charge for the mixup.

nice..I use these honeycomb strip it wheels on a drill work fantastic Jeff…and a little tip with the por 15 .make sure it goes on thin as if it doesn’t you will get tiny bubbles in it..I’ve moved away from por and using 2k epoxy then paint..the por is still good though dries like a rock lol.use a good brush as the pig hair will pull out of the brush and get stuck in the paint.you can thin it a little.I covered the threads on the spindles and taped it right back to where the rear seal goes behind the bearing on hub.this is 2k on my front k frame
.View attachment 11510View attachment 11511View attachment 11514

that looks pretty awesome! I generally thin the por 15 out a bit as well. On the floor pan I didn't and it did make some bubbles. I been debating sanding it down a bit again where it bubbled and repaint it, then I also think, its going to be covered with dynamat then carpet...idk. We shall see if my ocd or my impatience wins.

I like to powder coat all my undercarriage components if I'm restoring a car or building a race car. I had a '61 Thunderbird that I powdercoated all the undercarriage components on. It was more a cruiser/showcar so powdercoating made it easier to prep for a show when I was cleaning the undercarriage.

View attachment 11517

@Mad Max - What is that front clip to? Love Wilwood brakes. I had a set of SL6's on the front and rear DL4's on an '03 Mustang that I had outfitted with a race suspension from Maximum Motorsports. Thankfully I had installed a 5 point Simpson belt or those brakes would've put me through the windshield!!!

Funny story when I first got them I didn't check the brake pads they had sent me. I drove the car at a few test and tune days and noticed a grinding noise coming from the brakes. When I took the wheel off the rotor had been ground down to paper at the veins. I checked the pads and they looked brand new. I realized these were full race pads for sponsored teams where they change rotors every race. Wilwood sent me a new set of rotors free of charge for the mixup.

how has the powder coating lasted? I've heard from a few of my old timer buddies (not saying they are right, you know how stories go lol) that the Powder coating tends to flake off old parts / parts that move / vibrate.

how has the powder coating lasted? I've heard from a few of my old timer buddies (not saying they are right, you know how stories go lol) that the Powder coating tends to flake off old parts / parts that move / vibrate.
Never had that problem. Maybe the coating company didn't do as good a prep job as they should've prior to spray?

Had a supplier that had an old IROC Z and had somehow gotten his hands on a NASCAR block. The car was rough looking but was fast as hell!!!

Yeah that’s the key.it’s got to b prepped good.I have a mate who is a blaster gets heaps of jobs blasting powder coated parts.the thing is if water gets under it ,it will rust the part away and you won’t even know about it.the fronts off an lj torana..that means to fly 😃.

if there’s an epoxy under the por I wouldnt worry bout it jeff and just put the dyna mat sound proofing straight over it.spraying the por in a cheap gun with thinners is the best way to apply the por I think.it can get streaky with a brush.but one thing it lasts along time and can take punishment..it does fade a little.but what doesn’t over time..I’m same mate …I get real anal doing repairs.when I blasted the body floor I kept getting garnet coming out of nooks and cranny’s when I was applying the epoxy and didn’t know until it dried.faark I was pissed off ..blow.blow blow..tack rag .like 100 times and still kept getting it and had to resend and redo.I only blast the frame of car and all hanging panels gets paint stripped.bonnet and roofs and door skins can warp so I don’t take any chances..

Last edited:
First car was a 1960 Vauxhall vellox with 23000 miles and a lucas electrical, my grampa gave it to me in 1972. Last year of high school my wife moved to Topeka and during march break i drove fom Ontario to Topeka. At the border i was told to pull in to get stripped searched. Standing there in my underwear i was told to turn around drop my underwear and spread my cheeks.
Cool car, same trip a cop followed me and my then wife to be home from a party, turning left and right didn't shake him. Followed us to my now inlaws house, motioned me to the cop car and asked "what kind of car is that"

Back
Top Bottom