Welcome to my garden!

GoodShit97

G$
Staff member
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Well, its perfect timing for this new forum!
I just started 4 new seeds for my next indoor grow.
2 peanut butter breath x okie fems and 2 grape cream cake x okie fems.

Itll also be nice to have all my stuff in one thread instead of 4 or 5... 😀😀

Got bit by the Vipar over on the other site..... oops... oh well its only a few more months and ill be outta that mess i shluldve steered clear of. But ya live and learn right? Well i like learning the hard way apparently....

Anyways.
Heres whats going on in my 3x3.
Weve got 2 triangle kush x okie in the back, 2 real sour x okie up front, 2 fog dog autos in the middle, and then the 4 new seeds im starting for my 4x4 grow. 20230416_212632.jpg
And it looks like gcc x okie #2 is the first to pop. 20230416_212734.jpg20230416_212641.jpg

Well, its perfect timing for this new forum!
I just started 4 new seeds for my next indoor grow.
2 peanut butter breath x okie fems and 2 grape cream cake x okie fems.

Itll also be nice to have all my stuff in one thread instead of 4 or 5... 😀😀

Got bit by the Vipar over on the other site..... oops... oh well its only a few more months and ill be outta that mess i shluldve steered clear of. But ya live and learn right? Well i like learning the hard way apparently....

Anyways.
Heres whats going on in my 3x3.
Weve got 2 triangle kush x okie in the back, 2 real sour x okie up front, 2 fog dog autos in the middle, and then the 4 new seeds im starting for my 4x4 grow. View attachment 458
And it looks like gcc x okie #2 is the first to pop. View attachment 460View attachment 459
Nice

Looking good bro~!
Glad to see your plants here, I have a confession.
I have not even looked at one sponsored grow back at the other site. NOT ONE~!
The notion a common light will be the 'deal breaker' on great grow baffles me.
Without mentioning names, I grew the killer with lights most consider the worst common brand name going.
I can't help but believe the grower is the second most important part of a good grow.
Genetics being #1 IMO.

Looking good bro~!
Glad to see your plants here, I have a confession.
I have not even looked at one sponsored grow back at the other site. NOT ONE~!
The notion a common light will be the 'deal breaker' on great grow baffles me.
Without mentioning names, I grew the killer with lights most consider the worst common brand name going.
I can't help but believe the grower is the second most important part of a good grow.
Genetics being #1 IMO.
Yeah i completely agree. I know what lights you're running.
I cant say i blame you on not looking either. If i had known it was going to flood the forum i wouldve never signed the stupid paper. I figured 2 or 3 people not 20 or 30.

Genetics are definitely #1 grower is #2 and light is #3 imo.

How was Lake George?
I was going to cruise up over the weekend, but got caught up playing Bob the builder.
It was nice, sun was shining, calm for once not the usual 30mph NY winds lol.
Took the wife shopping for a while at the outlets and then we went hiking for 2 hours at the van dusen preserve.

Harvested my 4x4 last night, cleaned it out today, and put in 4 seedlings, 2 autos and a GSC ive been vegging for a few months to put outside memorial day weekend.
My 3x3 has 4 plamts that will be going to flower really soon.
2 real sour x okie and 2 triangle kush x okie, from seed.

Then my 2x2, also going to flower soon.
20230418_202408.jpg
4x4 first in video.
3x3 second in video.
View attachment 20230418_174710.mp4

Thank you. Everything is in promix bx with harvest hero perlite added and gaia green dry amendments. Will be feeding botanicare pureblend pro during flower.
Hey G$ sorry I somehow missed this thread. I think I still need to tweak the buttons on this place a little.

Could really use a howto on gaia green if you want to make an instructional thread when you are done. Personally I'd rather have the content than the donation you offered. Cool?

Hey G$ sorry I somehow missed this thread. I think I still need to tweak the buttons on this place a little.

Could really use a howto on gaia green if you want to make an instructional thread when you are done. Personally I'd rather have the content than the donation you offered. Cool?
Well... i would totally make a write up, but i never really figured out the whole organics thing. Tried it out for a bit and i was just beating my head against the wall. All through veg i was good, but as soon as week 3 or 4 of flower rolled in deficiencies would start popping up. So back so synthetics i went.

I may continue to veg with gaia green because its so simple but i couldnt figure out the flowering feeds to save my life. Even running shaded method with promix and everything else i still struggled non stop.
There's nothing wrong getting a free light. But don't you feel pressured to say just good things?
I do feel like if i say anything negative, theyll have something to say about it in an email but, im honestly pleased with the lights so far. The 2x2 tent they sent me? Junk, light leaks all over it, thin flimsy material, zipper is wearing out already, had to tie the waterproof line in instead of velcro.

I did call them out on that tho at the farm, their tents definitely need work.

Yeah not trying to call them out I know nothing about vipar. Never had a product by them. But good to know.

Why are you trying organic at all? If you are going to change later, why not just do the whole grow with synthetics?

What sort of deficiencies did you get?

I wonder why Shaded's method didn't work?

I really want to try dirt vs organic vs hydro with clones to see the end product side by side, but I'm scared I'll kill the ones in dirt.

I was talking for quite a while with the courier from the lab today and he grows in what he called living soil, I think he called the brand Build A Soil. Says he loves it and showed me a beautiful photo of his latest grow, water only with the living soil.

I invited him to the forum, he's super cool, hoping he shows up!

Yeah not trying to call them out I know nothing about vipar. Never had a product by them. But good to know.

Why are you trying organic at all? If you are going to change later, why not just do the whole grow with synthetics?

What sort of deficiencies did you get?

I wonder why Shaded's method didn't work?

I really want to try dirt vs organic vs hydro with clones to see the end product side by side, but I'm scared I'll kill the ones in dirt.
Well, i really like the water only style of growing because im horrible at writing things down or keeping track of when i fed last. So I thought maybe organics would be the way to go, but honestly, im just not that bright sometimes. Shadeds method probably didnt work because i didnt follow it to a T, i didnt add gypsum, i fed 2 tablespoons per gallon of media during flower instead of 3 to 4 tablespoons like he says. Only did that because i vegged with 1tbsp per gallon no problem what so ever. Strong healthy green plants all the way until week 3 or 4 of flower.

As for what deficiencies i got, your guess is as good as mine man. Thats one area i just completely lack any sort of comprehension what so ever. All deficiencies look the damn same to me, the only 2 that stand out to me are mag deficiency and nitro deficiency. I can pick out overwatering, underwatering, nitro toxicity, wind burn, but when it comes to actual deficiencies or toxicities of other nutrients, im lost.

Its something ive been trying to get help with for at least a year or more now and i just fail to understand it.

I was talking for quite a while with the courier from the lab today and he grows in what he called living soil, I think he called the brand Build A Soil. Says he loves it and showed me a beautiful photo of his latest grow, water only with the living soil.

I invited him to the forum, he's super cool, hoping he shows up!
Ive heard good things about build a soil. I watch his youtube channel a lot but i havent tried his stuff. Hopefully your guy joins up, we need more dirt people lol.

I invited him to the forum, he's super cool, hoping
I grow in what I would call a living soil.on the fith run in the same pots.i use home made korean natural farming water soluble nutrients all the way through though not just water.i amend a little after each run and add beneficial microbes that we catch and breed on the farm.smoke is pretty good .I mixed it myself but have heard great things about build a soil.

Its something ive been trying to get help with for at least a year or more now and i just fail to understand it.
I hear you bro, it does take time and experience to recognize these things. You will get better, keep at it! I am still learning too and leaning on my friends to help when they can.

Ive heard good things about build a soil. I watch his youtube channel a lot but i havent tried his stuff. Hopefully your guy joins up, we need more dirt people lol.

Yea, I hope so too! At some point I would like to try soil again but as for now, I suck at soil, lol.

Are you familiar with how organics work vs synthetics?

I would be completely guessing if I tried to offer any help without a lot more info. But if you end up with similar nute issues this time we might be able to assist in diagnosis.
Yeah i understand the difference. Organics are not plant ready nutrients and they have to be broken down by the microbes within the soil.

Synthetics are plant available and start being used immediately, another reason i think i struggled with organics, there isnt really any control over it.

Yup.

So getting the nutes to your plant fast enough depends on a whole host of bacteria doing its thing. Could your colony be suffering in flower because of something happening with the grow? Something killing then or stunting them like chlorine in the water or something?

Yup.

So getting the nutes to your plant fast enough depends on a whole host of bacteria doing its thing. Could your colony be suffering in flower because of something happening with the grow? Something killing then or stunting them like chlorine in the water or something?
So i live in a trailer park with well water, but it goes through a treatment shed first. I dont know if they use chloramine or chlorine to treat it. My tap water really smells like pool water to be honest, but ive never had issues with my water using synthetics so maybe you're on to something here?

I also didnt feed anything for the micribes either so that could be another factor. Maybe i should do more research and try again later down the road lol.

So i live in a trailer park with well water, but it goes through a treatment shed first. I dont know if they use chloramine or chlorine to treat it. My tap water really smells like pool water to be honest, but ive never had issues with my water using synthetics so maybe you're on to something here?

I also didnt feed anything for the micribes either so that could be another factor. Maybe i should do more research and try again later down the road lol.
I could be completely wrong on this just spitballing.

I’m in the camp that the plant does not care about the source being organic or synthetic so use what gives you the best results. I grow hydro where organics make no sense to use so my skill set is on synthetics.

I think there are people that believe the taste or terpenes or whatever are better with soil and better yet with organic soil. I’d love to do a side by side and prove or disprove that. I don’t think it is true myself.

I could be completely wrong on this just spitballing.

I’m in the camp that the plant does not care about the source being organic or synthetic so use what gives you the best results. I grow hydro where organics make no sense to use so my skill set is on synthetics.

I think there are people that believe the taste or terpenes or whatever are better with soil and better yet with organic soil. I’d love to do a side by side and prove or disprove that. I don’t think it is true myself.
I guess we camp at the same location🤣

I do not believe there is a difference either, and i think itd be awesome for someone to do a side by side. Im not the onee as hydro scares me lol.

My buddy grows in coco with synthetic nutes can't realy call it a side by side cause he is under 1000 watt hps in a commercial setting and has about a million watts more than me with co2 and all the bells and whistles.but we have ran the same strains at once. His is always bigger buds and finishes first because of the light difference, smell and taste and effects is about the same,if anything his is better. The only real difference that we both agree on is the stuff I grow organic is smoother. You can take huge rips with out much coughing. He does an amazing job with synthetics I would smoke it any day of the week. some people get hung up on organic I just grow that way cause it easier for me.i personally will smoke just about anything after going through the brown frown brick in the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom