Welcome to my garden!

So i just got a delivery from Greenleaf Nutrients. They were doing a 420 giveaway on the farm, i got mega crop 1 part and SeaK solauble kelp extract.

My question is, wtf do i use this kelp shit for?

Im gonna use the megacrop in my veggie garden, but the kelp could probably be better used inside but idk when, why, or how to use it. Any help guys?

So i just got a delivery from Greenleaf Nutrients. They were doing a 420 giveaway on the farm, i got mega crop 1 part and SeaK solauble kelp extract.

My question is, wtf do i use this kelp shit for?

Im gonna use the megacrop in my veggie garden, but the kelp could probably be better used inside but idk when, why, or how to use it. Any help guys?
Not me brother. Other end of the spectrum from what I do.

I could be completely wrong on this just spitballing.

I’m in the camp that the plant does not care about the source being organic or synthetic so use what gives you the best results. I grow hydro where organics make no sense to use so my skill set is on synthetics.

I think there are people that believe the taste or terpenes or whatever are better with soil and better yet with organic soil. I’d love to do a side by side and prove or disprove that. I don’t think it is true myself.
I'm game to try a comparison. I've never compared, but I've long heard that organic is better, taste and scent-wise. Maybe we can choose a strain, several of us grow it in organic soil or whatever your method of choice, then all meet in a legal state for a test.

We'd either have to start with a stable strain, or everyone grow a cut of the same plant. Given your recent catastrofuck, we may have to start from seed to be safe.

I'm game to try a comparison. I've never compared, but I've long heard that organic is better, taste and scent-wise. Maybe we can choose a strain, several of us grow it in organic soil or whatever your method of choice, then all meet in a legal state for a test.

We'd either have to start with a stable strain, or everyone grow a cut of the same plant. Given your recent catastrofuck, we may have to start from seed to be safe.
Maybe we can try something with tissue culture. I guarantee that any TC I do is free of pests.

I'm definitely going to put this on the future plans board.

I'll do hydro, you do soil, and we'll let the professional joint smoker @Moshmen declare a winner in a blind taste test.

This on kelp.
I've used the fox farm kelp me kelp you.
They recommend using it from the start.

How To Use:​

IN-GROUND GARDENS AND CONTAINER PLANTS:​

• Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) per gallon (4 L) of fresh water.
  • Drench soil thoroughly.
  • Apply every other week throughout the vegetative cycle until the first sign of bud development.

This on kelp.
I've used the fox farm kelp me kelp you.
They recommend using it from the start.

How To Use:​

IN-GROUND GARDENS AND CONTAINER PLANTS:​

• Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) per gallon (4 L) of fresh water.
  • Drench soil thoroughly.
  • Apply every other week throughout the vegetative cycle until the first sign of bud development.
Idk why i dont have a notification for this post lol.

Ill have to read that after dinner. Thanks

So i live in a trailer park with well water, but it goes through a treatment shed first. I dont know if they use chloramine or chlorine to treat it. My tap water really smells like pool water to be honest, but ive never had issues with my water using synthetics so maybe you're on to something here?

I also didnt feed anything for the micribes either so that could be another factor. Maybe i should do more research and try again later down the road lol.
Doesn’t molasses help with feeding them or am I mixing up what I’ve read? Teas are good and leftover is great for foliar sprays.

Y
There's nothing wrong getting a free light. But don't you feel pressured to say just good things?
You would have fell out laughing if you saw the correspondence between them and myself. The tents and lights kept getting bigger with each offer. The deal breaker? They really did not want an honest critique.
I ask them to rewrite the contract and allow me to tell it exactly how it was, no way that was happening.
At this point I can’t speak as to the quality or not of these lights, as a true opinion minus all their marketing muck is not allowed.
Not this ole Granny. I can’t be controlled 😊

Vipar Spectra did that to me too. Their last offer, that I respectfully declined, was for two tents and two lights, a big one and a small one.

They were going to exclusively own me for a year if I agreed. I said piss up a rope 🤷‍♂️

Yeah i completely agree. I know what lights you're running.
I cant say i blame you on not looking either. If i had known it was going to flood the forum i wouldve never signed the stupid paper. I figured 2 or 3 people not 20 or 30.

Genetics are definitely #1 grower is #2 and light is #3 imo.
Although I’m not happy about VS and how they stormed in to THCF I don’t begrudge any of the members who use them.

I just watch and follow the true growers and not the sales reps. At least three of them iirc. All seem good people and knowledgeable. None have pushed anything on me and a few tell you the truth. If not openly then privately.

I’m not rich. I considered what I’d do if I won a contest. In the end I stopped joining the giveaways as they all seemed to have strings attached.

I have one great light and one meh for my 3x3. I’ll live with that until I see a real free giveaway.

But I hold nothing against anyone who did join a sponsor. That’s like hating a NASCAR driver because you didn’t like something a sponsor did?

Doesn’t molasses help with feeding them or am I mixing up what I’ve read? Teas are good and leftover is great for foliar sprays.
Molasses will feed bennies. It also causes boom and bust cycles. And it feeds microbial life indiscriminately.

The plant produces exudates and puts carbohydrates in the soil via the roots to call in bacteria. It's a symbiosis thing. One study I read claimed up to 17% of the plants resources derived from photosynthesis it puts out the roots. Thats a lot of work to get nothing back for it.

Personally I'd want my plant feeding the microbes. Us humans really don't understand the special dance that happens in the rhizosphere IMO and we tend to get in the way.

I shouldve done the same lol.
Hey, here is a solution.

Do what you need to do to get the gear. You are a good human, you deserve a little help.

Then come over here and post what you want. The full truth. We will not push you in any direction good or bad. That's true for anyone on any product (including this forum lol if you consider that a product)

Hey, here is a solution.

Do what you need to do to get the gear. You are a good human, you deserve a little help.

Then come over here and post what you want. The full truth. We will not push you in any direction good or bad. That's true for anyone on any product (including this forum lol if you consider that a product)
So, at the end of the day i only made the deal cause im broke as a joke trying to raise 2 kids so i legit only did it for the free lights, and i was already posting every 2 days as it was so their deal wasnt terrible i just dont like the idea of being tied in a contract they have full control over.

The lights really arent bad at all. The footprint on their new xs1500pro is killer, i really like the way they distributedthe lights and the covers they put over them spread theblight even better.
So far the ks3000 bar light hasnt gone above 50%, because when i tried to run 75, i burned the shit out of them with the light 22 inches above the canopy. Theyre powerful for sure.

What i dont like is i feel like i signed a contract to tell people whqt vipar wants me to tell them. I feel like if i say something out of line theyll pull my contract and shit so i just keep it to theyre killer lights and everything is great lol.

Assuming you were forced to buy, would you buy this brand?

How do you feel about the spectrum produced? PPFD map they post seem real?

Any quality concerns like some of the posts we saw with Mars Hydro lights almost catching on fire?

Does it get hot or seem pretty efficient?

Do you have any other light experience you can compare these to?

Have you needed to use support? Were they responsive? US Based?

I can look up specs and LEDs used, but those are the questions I would have about this or any LED. If you cannot answer any of these questions honestly without feeling at risk over your contract, that is all you need to say and we can infer the rest.

Assuming you were forced to buy, would you buy this brand?
Yes, I would
How do you feel about the spectrum produced? PPFD map they post seem real?
I dont have a way to check, and photone is whacked out on my phone. I got 1200 ppfd last time i checked the xs1500 pro at 5% at 24 inches so yeah i dunno man. Lol.
Any quality concerns like some of the posts we saw with Mars Hydro lights almost catching on fire?
Not so far, the xs1500 gets pretty hot to the touch so i keep an eye on it but no signs of it being an issue.
I had 2 mars lights burn up and left soot all over the ceiling of the tent so i know it was burning. The ks3000 at 50% doesnt get hot at all. The driver is outside the tent so the tent doesnt go much above 74
Do you have any other light experience you can compare these to?
Ive used mars hydro and some cheap chinese boards off amazon but these really blow them right out if the water honestly. I havent flowered under them yet but i will be flipping to 12/12 in both tents with vipar lights tonight ao in 10 or so weeks ill have a true opinion based on my first full run.

Yes, I would

I dont have a way to check, and photone is whacked out on my phone. I got 1200 ppfd last time i checked the xs1500 pro at 5% at 24 inches so yeah i dunno man. Lol.

Not so far, the xs1500 gets pretty hot to the touch so i keep an eye on it but no signs of it being an issue.
I had 2 mars lights burn up and left soot all over the ceiling of the tent so i know it was burning. The ks3000 at 50% doesnt get hot at all. The driver is outside the tent so the tent doesnt go much above 74

Ive used mars hydro and some cheap chinese boards off amazon but these really blow them right out if the water honestly. I havent flowered under them yet but i will be flipping to 12/12 in both tents with vipar lights tonight ao in 10 or so weeks ill have a true opinion based on my first full run.
That’s a good review. Seems honest to me. So yeah I would probably buy one for a mom tent or something based on that.

Compared to what I could do myself for the same money seems like a fair value.

I’ve gone thru stacks of lighting. If you aren’t power growing seems like just about all of them on the market these days work and have similar parts. Any current bar light seems fine for flowering cannabis to acceptable quality. We are very lucky compared to prohibition lights availability.

That’s a good review. Seems honest to me. So yeah I would probably buy one for a mom tent or something based on that.

Compared to what I could do myself for the same money seems like a fair value.

I’ve gone thru stacks of lighting. If you aren’t power growing seems like just about all of them on the market these days work and have similar parts. Any current bar light seems fine for flowering cannabis to acceptable quality. We are very lucky compared to prohibition lights availability.
Yeah ive always been lucky i guess, Ive always had full spec leds so i cant even say what anythigng else is like lol.
I know they're blinding if ya look at them.

Yeah ive always been lucky i guess, Ive always had full spec leds so i cant even say what anythigng else is like lol.
I know they're blinding if ya look at them.
So don’t paint yourself in a corner with guilt. Your karma is good. You got a free light, it ain’t a pos, and you don’t have to lie about it.

Win.

Wicked happy with how this grow is going so far. Probably my healthiest grow to date. Just set the timer to 12/12 last night so today is day 1 of bloom.20230421_224628.jpg20230421_224632.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom