A Turkey In The Hay 🦃

Beachwalker

Spliff Schemer
Reaction score
A year's passed since I was here, I had to learn the hard way, and now I know why all the good growers left the [other place], I see now that it wasn't all about mite-ridden clones. It's sad what it's become there, but that's not my business ☕🐸

First time growing in a little over 3 years, I'm using a 4x4' & a 600 watt HPS, the plants are just coming up out of the Pro Mix

Germination was fast & 100%, growing Green Points Onyx Cookies & Purple Crash. Good to see Gu here!

Happy to see many of the old crew still doing well, I'm doing well myself, still on the hay farm, cut it last week

Most of the vegetable gardens are in and processed, still waiting on some eggplants and peppers to finish, but I found time to start a few cannabis seeds😁. That's it for now!

Attachments

• IMG_20241006_101739.jpg
    IMG_20241006_101739.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240929_135352~2.jpg
    IMG_20240929_135352~2.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240819_072815.jpg
    IMG_20240819_072815.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 9
Good to see you back~!
Those seeds don't ring a bell to me, but I have only been watching GPS a little while.
HPS right from germination huh?
Going to be fun to watch.

Welcome back!
Purple crash was one i wanted to get but never did.

Nice! Looking forward to watching your grow and learning something at the same time!!!

Weekly Update:

We went a couple days without power after a big wind storm but I maintained their 18/6 light cycle

They're back under 250 Watts of halide now, no worse for wear

Nothing new on the hay farm couldn't get any vegetables processed over the weekend because of the power outage so getting back to work now, just wanted to add a weekly update

Thanks for the kind words & the follows! This is always a busy time getting ready for the winter. Things will be quieting down soon and hopefully I'll be able to post updates more regularly

These were the plants this morning, one of the Purple Crash seedlings had retarded growth, it's just putting out its first true set of leaves now, I'm trying to bring it along, might be all right now, just a little behind

Attachments

• IMG_20241014_074559__01.jpg
    IMG_20241014_074559__01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Weekly Update:

We went a couple days without power after a big wind storm but I maintained their 18/6 light cycle

They're back under 250 Watts of halide now, no worse for wear

Nothing new on the hay farm couldn't get any vegetables processed over the weekend because of the power outage so getting back to work now, just wanted to add a weekly update

Thanks for the kind words & the follows! This is always a busy time getting ready for the winter. Things will be quieting down soon and hopefully I'll be able to post updates more regularly

These were the plants this morning, one of the Purple Crash seedlings had retarded growth, it's just putting out its first true set of leaves now, I'm trying to bring it along, might be all right now, just a little behind

Howdy Beachwalker,
I've grown Purple Crash a couple times and there's some really good specimens in that stock but yeah the retarded mutant thing is common really in much of all Greenpoint seeds.
I'm at the point now where I drop 2-3 GPS seeds for every one plant I'm looking to grow and take to harvest.
Following along and best of luck with this project! 🤘✌️

Howdy Beachwalker,
I've grown Purple Crash a couple times and there's some really good specimens in that stock but yeah the retarded mutant thing is common really in much of all Greenpoint seeds.
I'm at the point now where I drop 2-3 GPS seeds for every one plant I'm looking to grow and take to harvest.
Following along and best of luck with this project! 🤘✌️
Thanks for that info, I didn't know that! What did you think of the Purple Crash in general?

Thanks for that info, I didn't know that! What did you think of the Purple Crash in general?

Greenpoint had maybe a dozen or so of the purple punch crosses and I'd say the Crash cut is the best in the lot.
There's phenos in there that are just as good as any indica around IMO.
It's close to 100% indica. Ez to grow and keep healthy and does very well in organics. I used a super soil and pretty much just kept it watered and never went heavy with any fertz at any time.
My favorite specimen overall turned a purple that was closer to black than lavender and she was covered in icy trichs on top of the black

IMG_4121.JPG

Greenpoint had maybe a dozen or so of the purple punch crosses and I'd say the Crash cut is the best in the lot.
There's phenos in there that are just as good as any indica around IMO.
It's close to 100% indica. Ez to grow and keep healthy and does very well in organics. I used a super soil and pretty much just kept it watered and never went heavy with any fertz at any time.
My favorite specimen overall turned a purple that was closer to black than lavender and she was covered in icy trichs on top of the black

View attachment 76034
That's a beautiful plant! Hopefully I can get mine that color, it's in a colder part of the house so 🤞🏻

What was the flavor profile & affect of the smoke?

That's a beautiful plant! Hopefully I can get mine that color, it's in a colder part of the house so 🤞🏻

What was the flavor profile & affect of the smoke?

Earthy and musk skunk aromas, flavors of wood like oak mixed with sandlewood and effects were narcotic body high. Smooth smoke and made some beautiful blonde rosin as well

Back
Top Bottom