Impromptu Apples and Bananas RDWC - Bud Builders

That plant looks like it should have a good amount of CBD, if I remember the traits properly.
I have had this strain tested before and did not record any measurable CBD. On the other hand, it did have a good amount of CBG. This plant is a direct descendant of one I grew previously and had tested. This was my first hydro grow and it was not without problems either, lots of them. I am hoping my skills have progressed since then and will be interesting to compare test results from the new grows with this one.

Apples and Bananas Lab Test part 1.jpgApples and Bananas Lab Test part 2.jpg

Interesting, the double sawtooth look on the edges of the leaflets and unusually long center fingers, especially on 5 finger leaves were the signs I read about. Maybe that was Br0-sc!
Naaa, couldn’t be!

I have had this strain tested before and did not record any measurable CBD. On the other hand, it did have a good amount of CBG. This plant is a direct descendant of one I grew previously and had tested. This was my first hydro grow and it was not without problems either, lots of them. I am hoping my skills have progressed since then and will be interesting to compare test results from the new grows with this one.

View attachment 12545View attachment 12546
I love the myrcene terpene, i see its just over 50% in this one too, i can only imagine the flavors on this one🤩🤤

So right around day 16 since I flipped this gal to 12/12 and today I am happy to report we have blossoms springing forth!

Running mid flower GH ratios, cal/mag, and PH Up, right around 600 ppm and she seems to be happy, maybe even a bit hungry but I'm leaving it. I've been thinning larger fans and lower branching still, got all the bud sites pretty much picked. She is definitely stretching, I still have several inches of head room if/when needed. Looking like this gal will be ready around the middle of September, (wth has this year gone?!?).

I've got the light dialed in at about 85% at the moment and will be raising that over the next couple of weeks to 100%. This is a thirsty plant, drinking about 2 gallons of water a day, pH has been super stable with very slight rise. Also topping off with amended water on this one, seems to be working great.IMG_3091.jpegIMG_3092.jpegIMG_3093.jpegIMG_3094.jpegIMG_3096.jpeg

Looking healthy bro.
Thanks Moe, I think I am finally starting to get a grasp on this a bit more than I have had in the past. So far, I am better understanding the relationship between pH and ppm and how that can be out of balance. I still don't have my daily record charts made yet but watching closely and in my head, I am seeing where each res is and what it needs based on the chart @Anthem275 shared. Using this, I have been almost able to get all 3 res's in near perfect balance, at least according to that chart, ppms staying constant, pH with a slow rise. The plants all look good and I am cautiously optimistic about perhaps a new level in my skills being attained.

I recall you mentioning you had not seen that pH/EC imbalance chart. I know you have been buried busy but I was curious if you have had a chance to look it over and what your thoughts are? If not, perhaps one day when you think about it.

screenshot_20230504-174041_chrome-jpg.2519

Yup I remember those charts but unfortunately they do no apply to me. I keep a constant water level by topping off with RO as water is used. I want to see my ppms drop.
I forgot about that and how that changes your set up in this regard. So far, this approach seems to work for me, I just need to get this daily log form finished up and start recording everything.

Wanting to see your daily log. I think the way your feeding now would be similar to the way @Aqua Man would recommend with feeding slightly higher ppm and @Moe.Red and i feed more in line with feeding only as needed daily.

correct me if im wrong with the above but im trying to wrap my head around the difference in how we feed and i think @SweetLeafGrow is to

Wanting to see your daily log. I think the way your feeding now would be similar to the way @Aqua Man would recommend with feeding slightly higher ppm and @Moe.Red and i feed more in line with feeding only as needed daily.

correct me if im wrong with the above but im trying to wrap my head around the difference in how we feed and i think @SweetLeafGrow is to
A lot depends on the VPD and genetics.

Alot of progress since the last update, this grow is dialed in. Running steady 600 ppms, week three GH ratios, pH steady and slow rise, almost perfect. I seen zero leaf tip burn and no sign of deficiency.

I have the light at 100% now and raised it almost all the way up. The tallest branch was seriously tacoing from being too close, I removed the hanging straps that lose a few inches and tied the light directly to the top tent support. I could probably get another 2" out of it if needed, but for now, seems to be good. I do believe the stretch is just about over, will do the last defoliation on Saturday of everything below the support trellis, right at about 3 weeks since flip at this time.

Super stoked to see some success this time around after last grow, gonna keep it going to the finish line!IMG_3123.jpegIMG_3128.jpegIMG_3124.jpegIMG_3125.jpegIMG_3126.jpegIMG_3127.jpeg

That's a happy plant dude. Down the road you may find benefit from a max headspace rdwc setup like I did with my 3x3, maybe check it out sometime when you're between grows.
Ingenious, really. My only concern is you lose the tent's ability to hold back a little bit of a flood. Otherwise, genius.

Not a lot to report on this gal, cruising along and starting to stack flowers. I think the stretch is over, thankfully. Some of the flower tops are too close and are distorting a bit but Imma leaving em alone. Still running right around 620 ppm flower GH trio and calmag. Everything has been super stable and I am super stoked for this one. Did a bunch of defoliation today and she is sticky as all get out already.IMG_3162.jpegIMG_3163.jpegIMG_3164.jpegIMG_3165.jpeg

Not a lot to report on this gal, cruising along and starting to stack flowers. I think the stretch is over, thankfully. Some of the flower tops are too close and are distorting a bit but Imma leaving em alone. Still running right around 620 ppm flower GH trio and calmag. Everything has been super stable and I am super stoked for this one. Did a bunch of defoliation today and she is sticky as all get out already.View attachment 15609View attachment 15610View attachment 15611View attachment 15612
She's got some big calyx already!

Not a lot to report on this gal, cruising along and starting to stack flowers. I think the stretch is over, thankfully. Some of the flower tops are too close and are distorting a bit but Imma leaving em alone. Still running right around 620 ppm flower GH trio and calmag. Everything has been super stable and I am super stoked for this one. Did a bunch of defoliation today and she is sticky as all get out already.View attachment 15609View attachment 15610View attachment 15611View attachment 15612
Looking good. For the steams too close to the light take a look at what @Mad Max did. looked smart and handy!!!

Thanks for the reference guys! I did not even know what terms to search to find this! đź‘Š Also, very cool idea Max đź‘Š
Not sure I want to try this on established flowers?

Anyhow, right at 5 weeks since flip but this gal took almost a full two weeks to show flowers so we're starting the countdown around the 15th of July, that puts me at a full 3 weeks into flowering. Other than the tall branches turning purple on me, I don't see much awry. The lower branches are not showing the purple at all so I attribute this to being too close to the light on those ones. Doesn't seem to be hurting anything other than some of the sugars are distorting slightly.

This plant is drinking about 2 gallons of water a day, riding at 600 ppm and will be tapering off the cal/mag soon, pH has been very steady, rock solid in fact.

Been fighting high RH levels and temperatures but the window AC is keeping up.

IMG_3191.jpegIMG_3190.jpegIMG_3189.jpegIMG_3192.jpegIMG_3193.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom