New to Bud builder's hello everyone

Star Dog

Chronic Chemist
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a new member here at bud builder looking to chat with other growers about anything growing related and share my own experience with anyone I can maybe help.

I've grown for a few years mostly coco dtw but I've also tinkered with capillary and autopots, actually I'm growing 2 plants in a 2 plant module and another 3 plants with my usual dtw coco and A+B base nutrients, I want to see 1st hand if dtw is really worth the dedication?

Surprisingly the autopot is holding its own with the dtw minus the work and waste.
20240127_153820.jpg
I've encountered a problem with my timer, it's most visible on the front right plant, it also badly affected another plant that's in the bin now.

It's going to be busy year.
20240130_025620.jpg
I can't wait 😍

Take it easy folk's 👍

Welcome, great first post.

We have a couple folks here that grow similarly. My first ever grow was in autopots. They work!
Thank you, it was around 2k i used them and got decent results considering I knew pretty much nothing about gardening, i stuck with them for years then moved onto dtw.

Tbh I expected the dtw to be at least a little better but I'm less sure now.

But it's still early to draw any conclusions?

I've got a bit of conundrum atm I can't work out, it doesn't make sense.
I'm using dtw and the autopot and only the dtw has any salt accumulation?

I've been using 1.9/2.0ec with autopotband it's still same in/out.

With dtw the run off is rising 0.2/3ec a day?

Why would one method rise and another not the other when they all share the same space, light and nutrient 🤔

Cheers

Hey guys, plant pics, this isn't a excuse but I've ruined 3 phones in the last year, it's mostly pics from my current crop.

Blueberry twist I'm stoked about, it's got potential to replace my mother blueberry.

Mother blueberry
_20221127_145219.JPG
Potential new mum blueberry.
20240127_120607.jpg
It ticks all the boxes, it's 5th wk in the flower tent.

This a better picture of the skunk, unfortunately it's ruined but there's potential for some bud and I've clone, if it's decent I'll catch it right next time around.
20240127_120509.jpg
If it's not good I've some lost skunk F2 and skunk special to run

I've also some more blueberry twist, blueberry muffin and coastal blueberry.

I've also got some London city genetics blockbuster and bluchi v3.
Ive grown their bluchi and their cheese dipz, its fair to say they're favourite of mine.
bluchi...
701a4386af162eac846f4911c981c542ef65d6db_2_417x500.jpeg
Cheese dipz...(red)
Screenshot_20231205_032132_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231205_032403_Gallery.jpg
I've a few others I'm Looking forward to running but those are the main aim for now.

Cheers!

What happened to the edit feature, i can't tidy up my posts, andive missed text here and there?

Thank you, it was around 2k i used them and got decent results considering I knew pretty much nothing about gardening, i stuck with them for years then moved onto dtw.

Tbh I expected the dtw to be at least a little better but I'm less sure now.

But it's still early to draw any conclusions?

I've got a bit of conundrum atm I can't work out, it doesn't make sense.
I'm using dtw and the autopot and only the dtw has any salt accumulation?

I've been using 1.9/2.0ec with autopotband it's still same in/out.

With dtw the run off is rising 0.2/3ec a day?

Why would one method rise and another not the other when they all share the same space, light and nutrient 🤔

Cheers
I don’t know. But I understand the question I’m just not up on your grow style.

@Pipecarver can you shed any light on autopot vs drain to waste?

@Star Dog can you post a pic of the dtw setup / salt buildup?

are you hand feeding the coco/perlite in pots to runoff or in a tub..too big a pot with not enough runoff salts will accumulate in the media.ec is high to .I’d reduce that down to 600ppm (1.2) .flush first with something like 300ppm to get the ec down once under 1.2 give it a feed of that number .1.2 to 1.6 is about as far as hydro growers here get to..

oh and welcome to BB

@Moe.Red sorry its not salt build up as such,
what I mean is I've got to feed 2x daily to run off which is generally 0.2/0.3ec higher than the input nutrient.

The autopot sitting next to it doesn't get that daily rinse yet the root zone has a lower ec?

I expected to need a higher ec to begin with then have to back it off when the nutrient in the tray started rising, however the ec in the tray not rising is telling me 1.9/2.0ec is ok.

Is that a problem you think? There are reasons for that timer, it is set to default. But I can see the case for setting it for a longer time. Like I think default is 10 minutes but could set to 30?
Thank you, 30 minutes would be great that give us a bit time to check over and tiday up post, idk why I miss the obvious until I've posted.
Sometimes autocorrect makes changes i don't notice 🤣

are you hand feeding the coco/perlite in pots to runoff or in a tub..too big a pot with not enough runoff salts will accumulate in the media.ec is high to .I’d reduce that down to 600ppm (1.2) .flush first with something like 300ppm to get the ec down once under 1.2 give it a feed of that number .1.2 to 1.6 is about as far as hydro growers here get to..

oh and welcome to BB
Hey bud, it's not that I've got any problems as such, it's more just annoying because I can't work out how it's happening.

It doesn't make sense that 3 pots need run off and the autopot doesn't need any?

I'm using 2x 250w in 2.5 x 5ft I thought maybe light intensity was making them use the available nutrient, but all being equal it shouldn't happen?

yeah I dunno either why the autpots aren’t doing the same but when I was in 5 gals I wasn’t flushing enough through only feeding once.MIMed an old grower on the other site said if my ph was low salt is building up..I checked and it was 4.7 I battled like crazy to correct but never fixed it even running gallons through.plants didn’t look that bad.I ended up throwing in chunky perlite and dropping down to 4 gals and havnt had a problem since still watering once a day with like %30+ runnoff to what’s going in.bear in mind i don’t go over 1.2 ec …aquaman has some great threads down the bottom of the home page on how to water coco..

Back
Top Bottom