Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Thanks Moe, Like I said I think we've all seen or heard of folks doing the ice thing at harvest. More Bro science ? but where did that come from? just some yahoo thinking with colder roots in fall means a more potent plant at harvest?

I'd read 68f for best root temp somewhere so my whole run was set at 68f and they've grown well. I'll try warmer next run, I have it at 70f now.
Just harvest 2 auto's, no cold temperatures

Your stuff looks like a bio lab while my stuff looks like I salvaged a junk yard. 🤩
Right there with ya bro - doesn’t mean I can’t grow fire ! Lol - I have recently confirmed that anything ! Coming from my dirty room is way better than anything I can buy up here at a dispo or black market ! Unless I wanna pay $300 an ounce from a caregiver ! Junkyard growers unite ! 🤣🤪🥹

Left is soil right is hydro, taken from the surface. I think this is why it is named watermelon it kinda has a rind.

View attachment 23672
Seems hard to deny.
While pleased with my grow I do really believe they could have been bigger.
The difference seen here is clear. 👊

Seems hard to deny.
While pleased with my grow I do really believe they could have been bigger.
The difference seen here is clear. 👊
If big plants is your yardstick then yup soil doesn’t stand a chance.

That’s not the only measure I’m looking forward to loading up my bong and giving it the real test.

I guess I made my decision tho I’ve already got the hydro parts going back in this tent.

So I’m gonna try my hand at printing plumbing parts. This is abs and will cement up like pvc.

Bulkheads are friggin expensive.

View attachment 23844
Hey Moe, I popped 5 of 6 seeds 2 Green Crack 2 Trainwreck and 1 Gruntz. I Gruntz turned black and didn't pop. Another popped but hasn't grown any secondary leaves so its a fail as well so I dropped a Chocolate Mimosa to replace it. Odd 3 days out of the soil and no secondary, I can see 2 tiny tiny little things that haven't moved in the centre since it opened. All the others up waving saying hi and on their way

Hey Moe, I popped 5 of 6 seeds 2 Green Crack 2 Trainwreck and 1 Gruntz. I Gruntz turned black and didn't pop. Another popped but hasn't grown any secondary leaves so its a fail as well so I dropped a Chocolate Mimosa to replace it. Odd 3 days out of the soil and no secondary, I can see 2 tiny tiny little things that haven't moved in the centre since it opened. All the others up waving saying hi and on their way
Good to hear you can use them. Sorry about the runtz. They grew well for me. Speedy high.

If big plants is your yardstick then yup soil doesn’t stand a chance.

That’s not the only measure I’m looking forward to loading up my bong and giving it the real test.

I guess I made my decision tho I’ve already got the hydro parts going back in this tent.
You may recall I historically have grown organic soil and switched to Coco this past 6 months. I have been worried about losing the smell or taste in my buds. I can tell you that my first harvest in Coco has been in grove bags for 60 days atleast and both the smell and taste are as good as I ever produced in organic soil. The growth rates are faster, the vigor of the plants is more robust, and the end product is as good or better. Now, thats the difference between soil and coco. I have no doubt hydro is even more noticeable.

You may recall I historically have grown organic soil and switched to Coco this past 6 months. I have been worried about losing the smell or taste in my buds. I can tell you that my first harvest in Coco has been in grove bags for 60 days atleast and both the smell and taste are as good as I ever produced in organic soil. The growth rates are faster, the vigor of the plants is more robust, and the end product is as good or better. Now, thats the difference between soil and coco. I have no doubt hydro is even more noticeable.
Still using organic inputs or did you switch to salts?

Good to hear you can use them. Sorry about the runtz. They grew well for me. Speedy high.
Hey no sweat, shit happens I just thought I'd let you know I've started a new crop with those seeds. 5 are up & waving hello. I was able to pop 1 Gruntz and I can clone from her when needed.I just wanted to say thanks again

Back
Top Bottom