Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

First I’m gonna print a humidifier because I didn’t win the raffle. Piped to my RO using 3 ultrasonic disks. I did something similar in fog I just need to put sides around it

View attachment 23852
"Print a humidifier" lmfao next level mad scientist status man. I've been hella sick with the flu lately so I've been mia. REALLY looking forward to the soil vs hydro smoke report! Hope all is going well bro, I'm better now so Im back :D.

"Print a humidifier" lmfao next level mad scientist status man. I've been hella sick with the flu lately so I've been mia. REALLY looking forward to the soil vs hydro smoke report! Hope all is going well bro, I'm better now so Im back :D.
Good to see ya.

I've got about 10 people lined up to do a blind test. Still drying, but will be going to cure soon. Sticky as shit.

If you are ever in Missouri... you can be #11.

I was thinking about trying out the CannaCoco lineup. What products do you use aside from the Part A/B?
Is there a grow generation by you. They basically copied canna and have a simple A/B cal mag and PK for flower. Their brand is called drip.
I like most on here tried a lot of products and simple might be better. Sure hurts pouring a near full bottle of green sensation down the drain but that stuff does not really work.

I run Canna "Coco" A&B but use rooted leaf cal/mag Fuel and as a bloom booster I use FF Big Bloom which is bat guano&worm castings. I've seen the drip commercials but I am wary, prove me wrong? SSgrower I like the Canna

A few updates

IMG_2985.jpeg

IMG_2990.jpeg
Humidifier done, RDWC almost. I’ll have a leak test here in the next couple days.

Decided to go with 12 total sites for pheno and female hunting with the expectation to cull 4 and take 8 to harvest.

image.jpg

I'll take the middle one out and use a plug in the twist lock when running 8 or less.

Eventually i'll talk you into hydro
I've never tried, coco & perlite is all I know indoors. Expense is a consideration as I retire next year and need the funds from cannabis to help with monthly bills. like $375 Reliant bill as they "raised" they're rates in September, "A Kick in the Balls" Dang Moe help with those plans,Lol, thanks SSgrower

I've never tried, coco & perlite is all I know indoors. Expense is a consideration as I retire next year and need the funds from cannabis to help with monthly bills. like $375 Reliant bill as they "raised" they're rates in September, "A Kick in the Balls" Dang Moe help with those plans,Lol, thanks SSgrower
Curious if you looked at the total watt per gram of the entire system and compare coco vs hydro which would win?

Lights are the same, most things are the same, but pumps and stuff with hydro would make electricity go up. But IMHO yield would likely go up more than the electric bill.

Dunno, there's upfront costs and learning curves to deal with too.

I can say without a doubt that if I were growing for yield / profit, I would pick hydro hands down every time. Higher cost to get into it, but you would probably make it back on the first grow. Maybe.

I've had a 2# indoor plant with hydro. I don't see a lot of those with other methods. Outdoors is a different animal.

Curious if you looked at the total watt per gram of the entire system and compare coco vs hydro which would win?

Lights are the same, most things are the same, but pumps and stuff with hydro would make electricity go up. But IMHO yield would likely go up more than the electric bill.

Dunno, there's upfront costs and learning curves to deal with too.

I can say without a doubt that if I were growing for yield / profit, I would pick hydro hands down every time. Higher cost to get into it, but you would probably make it back on the first grow. Maybe.

I've had a 2# indoor plant with hydro. I don't see a lot of those with other methods. Outdoors is a different animal.
Feel the same way. You will save a bit on nutrient’s and additives also. But i do feel coco is easier to an extent.

also agree you cannot beat outdoor in terms of cost of production

Feel the same way. You will save a bit on nutrient’s and additives also. But i do feel coco is easier to an extent.

also agree you cannot beat outdoor in terms of cost of production
now, stick with me here, what about outdoor hydro?

best of both worlds, and with a large enough system, the yield could potentially be record setting. a gigantic hoop house running a massive aquaponic or otherwise large capacity system would be insane. throw in light dep and you could likely see multiple harvests a year in some climate zones.

best of both worlds, and with a large enough system, the yield could potentially be record setting. a gigantic hoop house running a massive aquaponic or otherwise large capacity system would be insane. throw in light dep and you could likely see multiple harvests a year in some climate zones.
Yeah i have seen that done twice and its beyond impressive brother

Aren't they already doing that with hydro vege farming? Granted, a weed crop is more valuable so ROI would be faster but same basic structure.

Aren't they already doing that with hydro vege farming? Granted, a weed crop is more valuable so ROI would be faster but same basic structure.
oh yeah, most of commercial veg ag is done hydroponically. it's more cost effective and better for the environment than traditional or even regenerative techniques.

Alright which one of you hydro gurus is gonna learn us on this one? I'm ready to see this. 😁🙃

I've heard hydro can cut down the growth cycle is that just veg stage or can it hasten flowering as well?? You time that puppy right outside and if it shortens both veg and flower...damn...you could shorten the grow season and maybe finish before the wet season

Alright which one of you hydro gurus is gonna learn us on this one? I'm ready to see this. 😁🙃

I've heard hydro can cut down the growth cycle is that just veg stage or can it hasten flowering as well?? You time that puppy right outside and if it shortens both veg and flower...damn...you could shorten the grow season and maybe finish before the wet season
decreases time in veg, and that growth rate increase in flower translates to larger plants overall. what might take two months in soil to veg a plant can take as little as a few weeks if things are running perfectly.

a plant is gonna take just as much time to mature regardless once in flower. it's just the plants in hydro tend to bulk up a bit more.

That's what I thought I just didn't know if it was bringing some extra science to get amber trichs earlier or not. Damn. I still live too close to hemp to try anyway....that'd be some wicked cool stuff tho...ganja tree like the tomato tree

The last one i seen the dude had to literally in the middle of the grow raise his roof by several feet. If after this election what happens is what i think next year i may attempt one plant in a 50gal site with a large res

The last one i seen the dude had to literally in the middle of the grow raise his roof by several feet. If after this election what happens is what i think next year i may attempt one plant in a 50gal site with a large res
i think i remember that grow. dude had to raise the roof like four feet. it was an in-ground RDWC system, right? using 55 gallon food grade barrels buried iirc

i think i remember that grow. dude had to raise the roof like four feet. it was an in-ground RDWC system, right? using 55 gallon food grade barrels buried iirc
yea

thread dissapeared half way through, i remember just before flower then couldn't find the thread anymore

grew to the top of cover

Last edited:
That's what I thought I just didn't know if it was bringing some extra science to get amber trichs earlier or not. Damn. I still live too close to hemp to try anyway....that'd be some wicked cool stuff tho...ganja tree like the tomato tree
Do THC cannabis flowers retain their genetics even if they're pollinated with hemp pollen?

Was thinking a good way to ruin illegal outdoor growers crop is to release a shit ton of hemp pollen into the air near their fields or would that not matter due to their common genetics?

I'm documenting this build. I have a ton of photos of the steps.
Then I will document the grow from germination to harvest.

All for you buddy.

I'll keep it all in a new thread with step by step how I screw it up. Give me a month or so to get this about ready to flip to flower and then I'l release it to the wild.

Man, I'll help you thru it if I can. My son has the same printer as you and I got him going. It was a steep learning curve.
Yeah i don't have the first clue to what im supposed to be doing. Its still in pieces on its table i havent even bought a new hot end yet so its still broke lol 🤣

Back
Top Bottom