Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Extremely fucking cool
So what I may not have mentioned is that I am building this system from the ground up to be mostly air tite. Imagine why? :unsure:

That is one of the reasons for doing it like this. Another is ability to move plants around even when they get bigger. With just the netpot, once they get a foot tall the roots are too big to fit thru the hole. Make maintenance a breeze too.

I'm also waiting to pour the rubber on the top until after I get these installed this time, not like in Fog. Save a bunch of rubber and make it a better seal.

I'm documenting this build. I have a ton of photos of the steps.
Then I will document the grow from germination to harvest.

All for you buddy.

I'll keep it all in a new thread with step by step how I screw it up. Give me a month or so to get this about ready to flip to flower and then I'l release it to the wild.
If anything is going to push me into WaterWorld it'll be this. Can't wait to see it in action.

So what I may not have mentioned is that I am building this system from the ground up to be mostly air tite. Imagine why? :unsure:

That is one of the reasons for doing it like this. Another is ability to move plants around even when they get bigger. With just the netpot, once they get a foot tall the roots are too big to fit thru the hole. Make maintenance a breeze too.

I'm also waiting to pour the rubber on the top until after I get these installed this time, not like in Fog. Save a bunch of rubber and make it a better seal.
Its gonna be perfect im thinking… I absolutely know why and pumped to see this rocket fuelled grow

If anything is going to push me into WaterWorld it'll be this. Can't wait to see it in action.
I wish I had done this before. It's one thing to take a few pics of a grow and talk about it, but a whole different thing to do it with training someone in mind.

I'm hoping Aqua Smoke and SLG help me out with this, they have all run many grows on similar systems. Could be a killer thread of knowledge when we get done.

I need to find a way to drop a nightly video. I guess it's time to figure out this TikTok or Insta BS. @ZombieRider help!

I'll post a smattering of pics here to give you an idea

o2 system, dwc or ?

OK, lets swap out that hot end.

Or pick your favorite video.

Just do it man.

I'll wait.
I dont have one here i gotta order it still just haven't been motivated to use it.
I have a printer here and im gonna be sending you 20 for a germinator soon i think.

o2 system, dwc or ?
Yeah, I wanna see what is possible with O2 in this type of setup. My guess is the concentrator will not keep up. There will be 80 gallons in this system and about the same amount of space for air. I doubt I can saturate that with 3l/m at 90%, but I'll at least see what it will do. Some is better than none.

Yeah, I wanna see what is possible with O2 in this type of setup. My guess is the concentrator will not keep up. There will be 80 gallons in this system and about the same amount of space for air. I doubt I can saturate that with 3l/m at 90%, but I'll at least see what it will do. Some is better than none.
will you be adding any h2o2 or relying solely on the o2 concentrator?

My 0.02 is that h2o2 breaks down so fast it wont help in terms of o2 but absolutely will work to run sterile
that's what i was wondering, especially with the introduction of such high turnover rates in RDWC and the addition of the O2 concentrator, not sure what the half life of the h2o2 would be outside helping sterility.

that's what i was wondering, especially with the introduction of such high turnover rates in RDWC and the addition of the O2 concentrator, not sure what the half life of the h2o2 would be outside helping sterility.
I see it as a burst of o2, would have to be redosed.

@Moe.Red one design suggestion i think may help. Pump the o2 into the sites as opposed to the res. This will increase the o2 above the waterline and allow some extra boost from it IMO
This is one time when I wonder if bigger net pots wouldbe a good idea as they would increase the cubic area above the water line

Maybe a rez for the concentrated O2 so when they are in the dark you can build up the O2 in the O2 rez

@Moe.Red one design suggestion i think may help. Pump the o2 into the sites as opposed to the res. This will increase the o2 above the waterline and allow some extra boost from it IMO
SO doing a little math, these are 40 gallon totes.

I expect them to be about 1/2 full when they are beyond the seedling stage. So 20 gal +/- of air space.

The Concentrator does 3l/m

80 gallons (20x4) = 302 L of air space.

In a lossless perfect system, it would take 100 minutes to get the air space to 90% O2. It will most likely be 10X that to get to some kind of equilibrium with O2 in the water and air. So I need to pump for about 16 hours into a sealed space to approach equilibrium.

That means daily it should refresh and keep up as long as I leave it sealed. I think. We will see. Looking forward to this. I'll measure atmospheric and dissolved O2 and plot a chart to show what happens in reality.

Trying to catch up but most of this is flying about 30K feet above my head 😋

now, stick with me here, what about outdoor hydro?

best of both worlds, and with a large enough system, the yield could potentially be record setting. a gigantic hoop house running a massive aquaponic or otherwise large capacity system would be insane. throw in light dep and you could likely see multiple harvests a year in some climate zones.

Aquaponics farms are in abundance here in the Southern US.
Food and fish are sold here at the Farmer's Markets on Saturdays.
Urban Farms Dallas is all hydro and you can tell there's pot growers working it. I posted pics of their work in the random pics thread a while back

Alright which one of you hydro gurus is gonna learn us on this one? I'm ready to see this. 😁🙃

I've heard hydro can cut down the growth cycle is that just veg stage or can it hasten flowering as well?? You time that puppy right outside and if it shortens both veg and flower...damn...you could shorten the grow season and maybe finish before the wet season
The speed is all in the start and veg.
I have a hydro haze plant in my room right now and I cloned her.
All her clones are in soil but as the mother and clones develop thru flower, speed and size of preflowers are the same. I'll know more at harvest but it looks like everything is equal once flowering starts
Do THC cannabis flowers retain their genetics even if they're pollinated with hemp pollen?

Was thinking a good way to ruin illegal outdoor growers crop is to release a shit ton of hemp pollen into the air near their fields or would that not matter due to their common genetics?
You like to live dangerous!
The guerilla growers who brought me up put people in shallow graves for less than that. Murder Mountain is for real!
IDK if I'd go that far if somebody fucked with my illegal crop like that but it would probably bring out my inner Gaspipe Casso to handle it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom