Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Water (1gal) > add potassium silicate, mix (dose?) > Let it set (how long?)> add phosphoric acid (dose?/to pH target?) > =MSA? (resulting dose?) > add nutrients > check pH > water plants
There is a very specific method of mixing this into a usable additive. I'll have to think about where that is but I know I shared this with Moe somewhere on these boards. I will try to find it later if you have not found it by then.

There is a very specific method of mixing this into a usable additive. I'll have to think about where that is but I know I shared this with Moe somewhere on these boards. I will try to find it later if you have not found it by then.
Yea best would be to grab a separate bottle to make a "concentrated" solution of it to add to my mix?

having trouble finding it

I found it.

1. Add 1/2 gal. distilled water

2. Using GH PH Up, raise PH to approx. 11.3

3. Add 560 grams of Agsil 16H, stir/agitate until completely dissolved.

4. Add 1/2 gal. distilled water PH’d at 11.3

5. 1 gallon stock 7.8% potassium silicate completed.

P.S. I use 2ml/gallon in my recirculating ebb and flow system. 2ml/gal = 40 ppm SiO2 (approximately)

I found it.

1. Add 1/2 gal. distilled water

2. Using GH PH Up, raise PH to approx. 11.3

3. Add 560 grams of Agsil 16H, stir/agitate until completely dissolved.

4. Add 1/2 gal. distilled water PH’d at 11.3

5. 1 gallon stock 7.8% potassium silicate completed.

P.S. I use 2ml/gallon in my recirculating ebb and flow system. 2ml/gal = 40 ppm SiO2 (approximately)
What thread is it under?

Thanks man.

Yes sir, currently hand watering flowers and planning on setting up auto-watering on a veg run here soon, with a 18gal black tote as a Res.

0.30-0.50 gallon container, 6 inch black planter.

Coco/perlite mix

70%+ of Substrate enveloped by roots

One plant is in 100% Vermiculite though.
Nice roots.

I've never run like that personally. We have dosage information on agricultural soil grows (thus the giant 50# bags you found) and I have done a little work on hydro.

Let me looks some stuff up and get back to you.

EDIT sorry just saw SLG post.

Nice roots.

I've never run like that personally. We have dosage information on agricultural soil grows (thus the giant 50# bags you found) and I have done a little work on hydro.

Let me looks some stuff up and get back to you.
Thank you.

Appreciate you're time.

Just trying to get a cheaper (homemade) MSA source to add to my solution.

then, the nutrient recipe will be complete for now, along with chelators/acids like fulvic.

👊

🧐

Guess I'm good to go then?

Buy that make concentrate, add it to my nutrient solution, feed.

Thanks y'all.
yup.

The issues with too much will be very high potassium. Most bloom nutes have P&K together, so you cannot really cut back on just one. So you can create an imbalance being too liberal with it, especially in flower. This is a primarily veg and early flower supplement. It can also make buds structure kinda weird if too high.

On the good side, it really adds strength and vascularity to plants in veg. I notice a clear difference.

Conversion to MSA is not instantaneous. If you can add the agsil first and let it rest overnight then come back and add the rest, that seems to be best practice for this stuff.

I don't know exactly how this will go in coco or perlite. Keep your eyes open and adjust as needed.

yup.

The issues with too much will be very high potassium. Most bloom nutes have P&K together, so you cannot really cut back on just one. So you can create an imbalance being too liberal with it, especially in flower. This is a primarily veg and early flower supplement.
Thanks, wasnt too sure yet how id balance it out, see when I get there, planned on mainly using it for veg.
It can also make buds structure kinda weird if too high.
Like, the rock hard? Not a fan of those really.
On the good side, it really adds strength and vascularity to plants in veg. I notice a clear difference.
Definitely an observable change with the naked eye just adding silica. 👊
Conversion to MSA is not instantaneous. If you can add the agsil first and let it rest overnight then come back and add the rest, that seems to be best practice for this stuff.
I'll do that.
I don't know exactly how this will go in coco or perlite. Keep your eyes open and adjust as needed.
I'll try it and let ya know
Thanks man

I may be switching to rockwool for the next run, otherwise not sure yet which medium

Vermiculite or coco/perlite mixes if not RW I suppose.

Or I just do a hydro setup.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye and see how to balance it out once I get there, planned on mainly using it for veg.

Like, the rock hard? Not a fan of those really.

Definitely an observable change with the naked eye just adding silica. 👊

I'll do that.

I'll try it and let ya know!
Thanks man

I may be switching to rockwool for the next run, otherwise not sure yet which medium

Vermiculite or coco/perlite mixes if not RW I suppose.

Or I just do a hydro setup.
If you go hydro, or probably rock wool too you should be good with SLG's recipe. Probably with coco too, just don't like giving advice on stuff I have never done before. Too many damn variables in this hobby.

Yeah hard buds that don't burn as nice.

If you go hydro, or probably rock wool too you should be good with SLG's recipe. Probably with coco too, just don't like giving advice on stuff I have never done before. Too many damn variables in this hobby.

Yeah hard buds that don't burn as nice.
I missed out on your last harvest...how does the hydro bud taste vs the organic bud?

Woah woah, lets not do pics yet please!! I have a few more testers to get this to and I want no preconceived notions if possible!

But you can post up that 2 year old white widow bud I gave ya if you want lol. Probably nothing but CBN by now.

But you can post up that 2 year old white widow bud I gave ya if you want lol. Probably nothing but CBN by now.

I'll challenge that statement ... Even though I know you don't mean it literally .... :)

2 yr old bud stored correctly should not be "nothing but CBN." I've got 2 yr old bud vacuum-sealed, and I guarantee that it still packs a hefty punch. This doesn't mean that there's been zero degradation to CBN ... it just means if its stored correctly, shelf-life can be 2-3 yrs easily with minimal loss in quality. You all would like my near 3 yr old Skywalker Kush. I have plans to grow the strain again in the not so distant future. At that time, I'll replace the old with the new.

BTW - I recommend Reserva Privada's version of Skywalker Kush. It's a heavy hitting, heavy yielding, and easy to grow strain.

I'll challenge that statement ... Even though I know you don't mean it literally .... :)

2 yr old bud stored correctly should not be "nothing but CBN." I've got 2 yr old bud vacuum-sealed, and I guarantee that it still packs a hefty punch. This doesn't mean that there's been zero degradation to CBN ... it just means if its stored correctly, shelf-life can be 2-3 yrs easily with minimal loss in quality. You all would like my near 3 yr old Skywalker Kush. I have plans to grow the strain again in the not so distant future. At that time, I'll replace the old with the new.

BTW - I recommend Reserva Privada's version of Skywalker Kush. It's a heavy hitting, heavy yielding, and easy to grow strain.
Terpenes are prob close to 50% of the high not just THC and there are more than just thca

Hey this came to me today from a friend, its more information than I can handle but it sounds like its something you can play with

This stuff looks ridiculous. Im trying to get into growing some landraces, they look amazing.

13 - 16 weeks to flower....16 weeks? ........16 weeks?..... wtf almost 2 crops can be flowered while we wait for this one? That's a lot of light for 1 plant......it would have to be like the LSD of all pot to be worth waiting that long.....indoors......outside with good weather I could do that but sorry 16 weeks would give me a twitch...lol

13 - 16 weeks to flower....16 weeks? ........16 weeks?..... wtf almost 2 crops can be flowered while we wait for this one? That's a lot of light for 1 plant......it would have to be like the LSD of all pot to be worth waiting that long.....indoors......outside with good weather I could do that but sorry 16 weeks would give me a twitch...lol
Yeah man Im just interested in all the unique terps these landraces will give off, in addition to being super stable genes perfect to get pollen from and make cool crosses. Might actually plant one of these outdoors next spring...:D. And lots of landraces take 16 weeks or even longer to flower lol. Its crazy, there are so many types of landraces though, the afghan ones seem to flower quicker.

Back
Top Bottom