Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

This was a big reason I ran the Panama. Wanted to see what a real Sativa is like too. That one definitely has a very unique terp profile, can't wait to see what's inside.
Hell yeah man, do you have some photo's of the Panama? For sure I just wanna see and smell a cool landrace strain. Will end up washing it or something I bet the bubble from this would be amazing.

Yes this stuff is all my creation with a little help from atlas scientific.

Right now, I'm just using the base probes, one of each. I have more that I will be adding on so I can measure DO in multiple places for example. When I get rid of this fever I'll be able to show you more and explain better.

Yes this stuff is all my creation with a little help from atlas scientific.

Right now, I'm just using the base probes, one of each. I have more that I will be adding on so I can measure DO in multiple places for example. When I get rid of this fever I'll be able to show you more and explain better.
Thank you

sickly time, i recently got over a sinus infection and some flu like symptoms

get well

OK, so much to report. First, apologies to anyone I didn't get back to quickly this week, I got pretty friggin sick there for a minute. But I'm back at it, feeling good for the first time in a week. Doing yardwork this am while the weather cooperates but I'll be spilling all later today.

The new hydro system is ready, sensors installed. I'm doing some baseline testing on O2 levels before I put plants in, I'll get into all that.

I have feedback from multiple sources now on the side by side. Fun reveal later. Special props to @MDK for the detail in his report!

Have not gotten seeds going yet, that's next. So vertical germinator in action soon.

How do you keep a room full of stoners in suspense? I'll tell you later.

OK batteries charged back up be back later.

OK, so much to report. First, apologies to anyone I didn't get back to quickly this week, I got pretty friggin sick there for a minute. But I'm back at it, feeling good for the first time in a week. Doing yardwork this am while the weather cooperates but I'll be spilling all later today.

The new hydro system is ready, sensors installed. I'm doing some baseline testing on O2 levels before I put plants in, I'll get into all that.

I have feedback from multiple sources now on the side by side. Fun reveal later. Special props to @MDK for the detail in his report!

Have not gotten seeds going yet, that's next. So vertical germinator in action soon.

How do you keep a room full of stoners in suspense? I'll tell you later.

OK batteries charged back up be back later.
GOD DAMNIT

😜😎🧐☕

If anyone wants to see the full report and MDK approves of me posting a private message, I'll put it up. He put some serious thought into this.

Here is a snippet

1699126159753.png

In his case, A&D were hydro, B&C were soil.

TL/DR; It's a split decision. Very close overall and they each liked a different one.

My other testers were not nearly as detailed, but the same result happened.

My takeaway was that there is not a significant difference between the grow styles in terms of smoking flower.

I've got plenty more here if anyone else is in the neighborhood and wants to try.

If anyone wants to see the full report and MDK approves of me posting a private message, I'll put it up. He put some serious thought into this.

Here is a snippet

View attachment 28316

TL/DR; It's a split decision. Very close overall and they each liked a different one.

My takeaway was that there is not a significant difference between the grow styles in terms of smoking flower.

I've got plenty more here if anyone else is in the neighborhood and wants to try.
Hydro, meaning not-organic inputs In this context

Hydro wins

Here is a snippet

View attachment 28316

Imo there is a difference of palates and preferences and the whole thing can be influenced by a bias opinion if not a blind test. Lots of scientific evidence to show how much bias can play a placebo role.

This is why we all do not have the same favourite food.

Imo the grow method can and absolutely does change the terpene and flavonoid profiles of a plant… for the better or the worse depends on the palate and the norm of that palate.

If you grow up with your mom’s spaghetti and you have someone else's, more than likely you will feel its not as good…. EG change the grow methods and it will impact this and just the fact it provides a slight difference people have the same reactions. Some say hydro is better and some say organic is… of the same strain speaking. It’s relevant.

There is also the fact that given the adequate source of nutrients thing plays a role. Some commercial companies over feed or under feed synthetic nutrients and that can have an impact… same is true for organic but to a much lower risk.

This all depends on indoor, outdoor, feeding and plant health… not so much the organic or synthetic argument. Thats just what the industry wants you to believe

Imo there is a difference of palates and preferences and the whole thing can be influenced by a bias opinion if not a blind test. Lots of scientific evidence to show how much bias can play a placebo role.

Imo the grow method can and absolutely does change the terpene and flavonoid profiles of a plant… for the better or the worse depends on the palate and the norm of that palate.

If you grow up with your mom’s spaghetti and you have someone else's, more than likely you will feel its not as good…. EG change the grow methods and it will impact this and just the fact it provides a slight difference people have the same reactions. Some say hydro is better and some say organic is… of the same strain speaking. It’s relevant.

There is also the fact that given the adequate source of nutrients thing plays a role. Some commercial companies over feed or under feed synthetic nutrients and that can have an impact… same is true for organic but to a much lower risk.

This all depends on indoor, outdoor, feeding and plant health… not so much the organic or synthetic argument. Thats just what the industry wants you to believe
Well Put Aquaman

I agree and for the record my wife was the only one completely blind, I had to break it up and roll it.

That said, I was way wrong. I was playing checkers and moe was on some 3d chess had me guessing the whole time.

Started with him giving me this honker bud of some old white widow he had sitting around. The bud is just a huge growth of weed, and in the past when I got hydro locally it was always like that, like the bud just grew so much it didn't have time to focus on bud structure. When it came to the samples though, the dirt samples looked like typical "hydro" to me. So I assumed BC were the dro. WRONG. I did try to look at it objectively and as blind as possible though. I'm a fan of weed...green weed brown weed dirt weed dank weed. So method of grow doesn't bother me, I'll smoke it all.

And on a scale of 1-10 all four samples fell between 8 and 9. So no real loser in my opinion, only real loser is the person who doesn't take up the offer!

That's a lot to unpack.

This is a completely subjective test if both methods finish well. I just proved it to myself is all. My personal preference is I am not a fan of either.

In terms of organic vs synthetic, I do believe that there is a different taste profile to each one. MDK and my other testers also said so. Although that was not the only thing being tested here. But I was dumping in terp tea and molasses so they were clearly fed a different diet.

This is not an attempt to claim a winner. Sample size small, method questionable. But there was not enough difference to make me want to switch to soil. I'm a hydro guy. Can't play with finding boundaries to growth as easily in soil. Which leads me to this:

View attachment IMG_3116.mov

Time to push the envelope again.

That's a lot to unpack.

This is a completely subjective test if both methods finish well. I just proved it to myself is all. My personal preference is I am not a fan of either.

In terms of organic vs synthetic, I do believe that there is a different taste profile to each one. MDK and my other testers also said so. Although that was not the only thing being tested here. But I was dumping in terp tea and molasses so they were clearly fed a different diet.

This is not an attempt to claim a winner. Sample size small, method questionable. But there was not enough difference to make me want to switch to soil. I'm a hydro guy. Can't play with finding boundaries to growth as easily in soil. Which leads me to this:

View attachment 28323

Time to push the envelope again.
Agree my comment wasn’t on the test just a general statement that pertains to some of the thoughts generally stated on the subject

Had some extra at the end and I smoked a blunt with my buddy who always smokes big hoggers with me (my buddy that swallows hot dogs if yall remember that story😆) anyway his assessment was "GOT DAMN!"

Here is the rest of the report from MDK. Fun read.

1699133976985.png

mdk1.JPG

1699133903580.png

Just to be clear, A&D were taken from the same hydro jar. B&C both the same soil jar. Trying to cancel out the Placebo as best as I could. If someone ranks A the best and D the worst for example, that data is pointless.

Back
Top Bottom