Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

So I had a major setback. I have reached the limitation of my raspberry pi hardware. I am collecting data and running out of space and crashing the system. I've got more probes running this time, and I still want to add 4 more, so...

I'm porting this to PC.
Godammit.

At least we got this figured out

IMG_3123.jpeg

So I had a major setback. I have reached the limitation of my raspberry pi hardware. I am collecting data and running out of space and crashing the system. I've got more probes running this time, and I still want to add 4 more, so...

I'm porting this to PC.
Godammit.

View attachment 28802
"Needs more deditated WAM"

Old meme sir, but it (sort of) checks out.

Next up is TLC testing for potency. I gotta get these edibles figured out. Did the flower bath in honey for 8 hours in a crockpot yesterday and my son says he barley feels it with 3 teaspoons. Must not be a very good transfer from flower to honey, gotta figure out why.
Or my math is wrong. But that's can't be. :geek:

Next up is TLC testing for potency. I gotta get these edibles figured out. Did the flower bath in honey for 8 hours in a crockpot yesterday and my son says he barley feels it with 3 teaspoons. Must not be a very good transfer from flower to honey, gotta figure out why.
Anecdotally?

Well .....Ive consumed 2000-4000mG at once, once, and I ain't feel shit!

I wanted my money back

......But they were free

🤷‍♂️

My buddies girl does not smoke.
Just edibles. We get the real deal ones.
She tried the honey more than a few times and said it has no effect?
I am not the best judge, but feel I get more from honey then the edibles.🤷‍♂️

Need lipids bro its all about the fats

I probably should have read more about the kind of edibles you are trying to make! However once I decided to switch from oil extraction to solvent extraction the entire process changed 100%!

Everclear/cooking ethanol is not available in Comifornia and after going a state away to procure 190 proof and people saying the edibles still tasted like booze I got pissed.

#1 solution was a counter top water distiller. This saved 80+% of everclear used instead of cooking it off into the air. I was so happy with myself!

#2 issue was making edibles with concentrated ingredients is insanely different than using any type of honey, oil, or butter! Unfortunately sent 1 or more folks to a place they didn’t want to be adding too much.

I basically threw 21 batches of gummies away trying to figure out how to make them and the damn things not taste like ethanol, not turn back into liquid anything over 75ish degrees!

3. Gummy’s or candy is definitely doable with trim and ethanol as the solvent IMO. But any type of oil probably won’t work in my experience. Table top distiller will definitely save you money doing it.

4. At the end of the day I’m old and lazy so I just give my trim to a guy making distillate these days that has absolutely zero taste and get enough 99+% THC in a jar back to easily make 1000 knock you out gummy’s.

As always just my 2 centavos!

I'm porting this to PC.
Godammit.

View attachment 28802
Sick didn't know this was all done on a pi. I put one together to be an oldschool arcade style game console a few years back. Told my wife I gotta dig it out so me and the little boy can play old school games get him started right.

Think I'm running a pi B+ or something like that I can't remember....you running the latest pi model?

I've seen they got way better mono board pc units like these now....guy on YouTube I follow for this stuff is "eta prime"

I want to get a dedicated tablet to wallmount in my grow area to use as a touch screen eventually myself

Alot of what you do is over my head but if I look long enough it starts leaking into my brain and I love it

I probably should have read more about the kind of edibles you are trying to make! However once I decided to switch from oil extraction to solvent extraction the entire process changed 100%!

Everclear/cooking ethanol is not available in Comifornia and after going a state away to procure 190 proof and people saying the edibles still tasted like booze I got pissed.

#1 solution was a counter top water distiller. This saved 80+% of everclear used instead of cooking it off into the air. I was so happy with myself!

#2 issue was making edibles with concentrated ingredients is insanely different than using any type of honey, oil, or butter! Unfortunately sent 1 or more folks to a place they didn’t want to be adding too much.

I basically threw 21 batches of gummies away trying to figure out how to make them and the damn things not taste like ethanol, not turn back into liquid anything over 75ish degrees!

3. Gummy’s or candy is definitely doable with trim and ethanol as the solvent IMO. But any type of oil probably won’t work in my experience. Table top distiller will definitely save you money doing it.

4. At the end of the day I’m old and lazy so I just give my trim to a guy making distillate these days that has absolutely zero taste and get enough 99+% THC in a jar back to easily make 1000 knock you out gummy’s.

As always just my 2 centavos!
I actually do have a little experience here. I've got a stupid amount of equipment for a home grower.

They were talking about honey on the corner, and I decided to give it a try. My wife tried it last night and fell asleep at 7. There is something in there.

I just think the extraction from bud to honey is not all that efficient. So I'll dig a little deeper and see what's what.

I actually do have a little experience here. I've got a stupid amount of equipment for a home grower.

They were talking about honey on the corner, and I decided to give it a try. My wife tried it last night and fell asleep at 7. There is something in there.

I just think the extraction from bud to honey is not all that efficient. So I'll dig a little deeper and see what's what.

That would be helpful. Improve the process. I’ve wondered if adding the sunflower would also boost things.

Can’t wait to see what you do with this…👀

In the years cannabis has bean legal.

Has the extraction method advanced very much?
I think so. For example, I have a short path distillation rig. Those are not really used any more commercially. Rotovaps are also for small time players, used to be the go to tool.

On the commercial side, people willing to spend big bux drives innovation. If you look at places like 3chi looking at prices, there is no way to get it that cheap without mass inputs and outputs with high efficiency.

I think so. For example, I have a short path distillation rig. Those are not really used any more commercially. Rotovaps are also for small time players, used to be the go to tool.

On the commercial side, people willing to spend big bux drives innovation. If you look at places like 3chi looking at prices, there is no way to get it that cheap without mass inputs and outputs with high efficiency.
Do they still do closed loop CO2 extraction?

Honey does not lend itself to TLC very well. Too damn viscous and sticky for a precise measurement. New plan.

I am going to start with an ETOH extraction.
Measure THC %
math
add X grams of extraction to y grams of honey to get to 10mg/teaspoon.
Profit.

Stay tuned.

I gave up using my levo for honey.
Too viscous as mentioned for the stirrer to even function at any level.
I think you need to flip and roll and maybe shake jars whilst wearing a silicone glove.
It is thick before you start. No where near as thin as any oil or butter when heated.
(y)

And here is where my analysis paralysis takes over. I have so many good seeds in hand.

I have picked a few that are fo sho. Han Solo Death Cookies and Gusher Runtz by @Oldsog. I have 3 from @B2ACG and I want to run all 3. I have these Mendel's X GDaddy purple from @SweetLeafGrow that need to be put to the test, but those are regs which will require some sorting. I've got a few other regs I want to run too, and let's not forget the stuff from @dragonsflamegenetics that are burning a hole in my pocket.

I don't have enough spots or plant count to run them all!

My son is on his way over, gonna figure this out when he gets here and germinate. I'll let you know where we land.
Yeah sounds like a good problem to have to me! I have yet to grow anything with Runtz nor smoke any Runtz but people say it tends to be the predominant flavor in all things crossed with it?

Looking forward to the grow!

Yeah sounds like a good problem to have to me! I have yet to grow anything with Runtz nor smoke any Runtz but people say it tends to be the predominant flavor in all things crossed with it?

Looking forward to the grow!
that gusher runtz is up up up. She's a keeper, and @Oldsog has a few packs left so he tells me.

This will be my second grow with that strain, and it's going into the tissue culture library for sure.

Exactly, ive given thought to his post and i may take him up on his offer.

I grow the way I do because i like the way trees look. Members here are hitting twice what im doing at 1/gpw. @SSHZ as an example but you have to admit my trees just look better.

Im fairly confident this past grow of af1 from Anthem will break that 1/gpw.
Simple math. 4000÷454=8.81lbs X 2 = 17 plus lbs per year. Too much flower to use annually.

But yea @ZombieRider thanks for calling me outable.
Anytime my friend! Trees do look better since its how they grow naturally. Not tied down and forced into a table top shape like us scroggers do. And yeah the yield's make sense since anything more than 17lbs a year is a tad excessive lol. On the other hand, I like growing big yields cuz I can roll massive joints and give friends free jars like its candy from an old man's pocket at Sunday's Church service lmao.

What kind of terps does she give off? Must be something super special to go in the TS.
This one was not overly pungent at all. The Han Solo I grew next to it was waaay stinker.

I'll try it when I get home and let you know. Seems like limonene iirc.

Got a little smoke spot set up in the garage with a bunch of strains in jars in the fridge. I can't keep them all straight.

Back
Top Bottom