Ebbnflowr grows breeder cuts in an 8x8 😎

ebbnflowr

April's Contest Winner 🏆
Reaction score
Hey what's up fellas...figured I'd start a new grow journal here for my next run. I usually post these over at marijuana passion but I haven't been getting much interaction over there. Guess it's a little bit of a smaller site but the guys over there are super helpful and cool.

Anyways here is what I've got cooking in the 8x8. These are mid week 1 of flower after vegging for various amounts of time. 1-2.5 months.

On to the genetics...all breeder or selected cuts unless otherwise noted

Beleaf
Truffaloha#2
Keeper of the treats (I hunted)

Right hemisphere genetics
Purple Milk
Divine Mints
Rice Wine
Hygeia#1

Blue zushi (tenco)
Halle Berry (blockhead)
Watermelon rush#1 (tiki mhd cut)
Violet fog#6 (compound mhd cut)

Then I found a few bags seeds in my chimera 3 s1 from my second run. Pretty sure it's c3s1 x bling blaow...I got 2 of those just to see what's up. This will be my 5th grow since I started last year and I think I got my set up dialed in finally so it should be clean.

I'll be using drip hydro to flower this run with some other things thrown in. I've been using Athena but I want to switch it up this run.

5 gallon ebb and flow buckets, ammneded coco, under spider farmer se5000s and fluence Spydr 2i.

I think that's it homies.

Turn volume down lol...

-Blaze on 🔥
View attachment 20240201_084830.mp420240201_084818.jpg

Hell yeah brother
I guess i didnt realize you were in an 8x8!! You have consistently pumped out fire looking stuff dude, the right hemisphere genetics stuff always looks fire too.
Thank you bro! Yeah my main flower tent is an 8x8...although I have added another 4x4 to flower in also! Like I said I'm addicted lol

Did you make the irrigation system yourself or is it store bought?
No Im not that handy haha. I bought it before I started my first grow and it is a pretty rad system once you dial it in. It's recirculating so it's a little different and has taken some time. But I think I've found the sweet spot on when to water and how many times to water depending on the week of flower. I was going crazy at the beginning waterinf way too much. Ive learned less is more haha

No Im not that handy haha. I bought it before I started my first grow and it is a pretty rad system once you dial it in. It's recirculating so it's a little different and has taken some time. But I think I've found the sweet spot on when to water and how many times to water depending on the week of flower. I was going crazy at the beginning waterinf way too much. Ive learned less is more haha
I've used the ebb and flow bucket system before. I assume you are using a control bucket to control water height in the buckets to prevent overflow?

I used hydroton as a medium when I used it. I liked the system but way too much maintenance for me. It does take a second to get it dialed in.

I've used the ebb and flow bucket system before. I assume you are using a control bucket to control water height in the buckets to prevent overflow?

I used hydroton as a medium when I used it. I liked the system but way too much maintenance for me. It does take a second to get it dialed in.
Same. Try dialing an eighteen bucket system with 18 different strains. That was my first hydro and what a goat rope. I had over fed burned up plants, others under fed. I got some smoke in the end but boy did I learn my lesson.

Same. Try dialing an eighteen bucket system with 18 different strains. That was my first hydro and what a goat rope. I had over fed burned up plants, others under fed. I got some smoke in the end but boy did I learn my lesson.
Partner and I had set it up in a small warehouse. It was a 32 bucket setup. 2 Systems, 16 buckets plus control bucket on each inside two 20 ft sea containers. We spent a long time getting the system dialed in. After a few days of checking on it we were satisfied that it was dialed in so we set it up on timers and away we went. One of the water level floats in one of the control buckets was giving us some problems so my partner put it up on a small stool so that he could work on it. This was on a friday. We come back on monday and when I opened the container doors on one of the containers water comes pouring out.

My partner forgot to put the control bucket back on the floor. Emptied a 55 gallon drum of prepared nutes............wanna guess who pulled more trim jail in the partnership after that?!?!! 😄

Hey fellas day 5 or 6 here....upfront in this video is the Beleaf corner of the 8x8...2x truffaloha#2 - 2x keeper of the treats (#1 and #3) whicn is a strain I tested for them last run. I'm running back the 2 keepers. Truffle treats#4 x Truffaloha#1...things are looking good at the moment.
View attachment 20240202_111934.mp4

Y

Yes exactly but I use coco....

It's not too bad! Just gotta lower the res pH and add some water once a day and it's good to go! Don't need to water but once every other day during stretch then once day as they are swelling. I know hydroton is used a lot in these but I like the added benefit of being able to amend the coco. 20240202_115914.jpg
View attachment 20240202_115834.mp420240202_111924.jpg20240202_111920.jpg20240202_111906.jpg20240202_111757.jpg20240202_111755.jpg20240202_111756.jpg

Attachments

• 20240202_111654.mp4
    62.9 MB
Partner and I had set it up in a small warehouse. It was a 32 bucket setup. 2 Systems, 16 buckets plus control bucket on each inside two 20 ft sea containers. We spent a long time getting the system dialed in. After a few days of checking on it we were satisfied that it was dialed in so we set it up on timers and away we went. One of the water level floats in one of the control buckets was giving us some problems so my partner put it up on a small stool so that he could work on it. This was on a friday. We come back on monday and when I opened the container doors on one of the containers water comes pouring out.

My partner forgot to put the control bucket back on the floor. Emptied a 55 gallon drum of prepared nutes............wanna guess who pulled more trim jail in the partnership after that?!?!! 😄
I've done this unfortunately....I'm not even sure how it happened but the float switch didn't kick on and it was about 60 gallons in my basement floor and I the 8x8 bc it over filled the buckets and the smart bucket which sits outside the tent. Happened on thanksgiving. My family was a little worried about the loud FUCKSSSS being bellowed from the basement...ive had the system since my first grow. I veg in a drain to waste drip set up or I'll hand water in 1 gallon buckets. Then I up pot to the 5 gallons and let them veg for 2 weeks after trellis and clones and defol I'll flip. That's where I'm at now!

I've done this unfortunately....I'm not even sure how it happened but the float switch didn't kick on and it was about 60 gallons in my basement floor and I the 8x8 bc it over filled the buckets and the smart bucket which sits outside the tent. Happened on thanksgiving. My family was a little worried about the loud FUCKSSSS being bellowed from the basement...ive had the system since my first grow. I veg in a drain to waste drip set up or I'll hand water in 1 gallon buckets. Then I up pot to the 5 gallons and let them veg for 2 weeks after trellis and clones and defol I'll flip. That's where I'm at now!
Man that blows! On T-Giving with the family in tow!!

I'm guessing the wet shoes clued the Mrs as to what was happening down there.

I was getting into production growing supplying dispensaries around town. I needed a system that didn't need so much maintenance or that had so many fail points. My grow system switch probably wasn't all on the E&F. I made the mistake of using hydroton as the media! I've mentioned this before but I'm sure the reason I still smoke weed is from the PTSD the hydroton gave me trying to reuse it!!!!😄

Man that blows! On T-Giving with the family in tow!!

I'm guessing the wet shoes clued the Mrs as to what was happening down there.

I was getting into production growing supplying dispensaries around town. I needed a system that didn't need so much maintenance or that had so many fail points. My grow system switch probably wasn't all on the E&F. I made the mistake of using hydroton as the media! I've mentioned this before but I'm sure the reason I still smoke weed is from the PTSD the hydroton gave me trying to reuse it!!!!😄
Right. What's your set up nowadays?

Idk I have high hopes for this system now that I think I have it dialed in! That's only happened once in hundreds of waterings. And besides that it's just pH down and adding some to water to the res once a day or every other day. Then changing the res water once a week. If I had a pH doser I wouldn't even really have to go in there once Im defol for the last time.

But here we are at the end of week 1.

20240204_080442.jpg20240204_080232.jpg

Would you guys go ahead and start defoliating now? I've read you should try to limit stress during stress but then I've had some people tell me to go ahead and let her rip. It could slow stretch down a bit which would be a good thing as I'm worried about head space. Might even throw another trellis up idk. What do you guys think? Let them stretch then defol, or go ahead and do one now? 20240204_080240.jpg
View attachment 20240204_080250.mp4

Day 6 or 7 here.

I defoliated heavy a few days before flipping.

Idk I have high hopes for this system now that I think I have it dialed in! That's only happened once in hundreds of waterings. And besides that it's just pH down and adding some to water to the res once a day or every other day. Then changing the res water once a week. If I had a pH doser I wouldn't even really have to go in there once Im defol for the last time.

View attachment 43377View attachment 43378

Would you guys go ahead and start defoliating now? I've read you should try to limit stress during stress but then I've had some people tell me to go ahead and let her rip. It could slow stretch down a bit which would be a good thing as I'm worried about head space. Might even throw another trellis up idk. What do you guys think? Let them stretch then defol, or go ahead and do one now? View attachment 43379
View attachment 43380

Day 6 or 7 here.

Personally i don't touch them during the 21 day streach

Why not tuck all those tops under the net?
Adding another won't make a difference if you just keep letting them go right through it.

View attachment 43377View attachment 43378

Would you guys go ahead and start defoliating now? I've read you should try to limit stress during stress but then I've had some people tell me to go ahead and let her rip. It could slow stretch down a bit which would be a good thing as I'm worried about head space. Might even throw another trellis up idk. What do you guys think? Let them stretch then defol, or go ahead and do one now? View attachment 43379
View attachment 43380

Day 6 or 7 here.

Don't get me wrong! It's a nice system once it's dialed in and will produce some real nice product but, for me, too many things that can go wrong mechanically especially the floats. Any one that goes will result in a flood. Back when I was doing it cultivation was a grey area as licensing was still only a select few with the rest using a co-op as their work around. I was in an industrial park so water leaking out from under the roll up was a dead giveaway.

Almost lost a crop when a metal pipe fell on top of the main supply line over the weekend cutting off water supply. Came back to plants falling over.

Yeah I was able to tuck a bunch of them this am appreciate it.

Still learning!
When I set my net up I set it up for the base canopy. Essentially where you are at now. I would've tucked the branches you have sticking out of your first level under that net and used that as the base canopy. I use a second net if the colas start getting too tall and flopping over.

I know you're still trying to get the hang of using the net but you can see how I did it in the present grow I have going in the 5 x 5. What seems to make sense to a lot of people is when I describe netting your plants being like a giant LST.

Day 10

When I set my net up I set it up for the base canopy. Essentially where you are at now. I would've tucked the branches you have sticking out of your first level under that net and used that as the base canopy. I use a second net if the colas start getting too tall and flopping over.

I know you're still trying to get the hang of using the net but you can see how I did it in the present grow I have going in the 5 x 5. What seems to make sense to a lot of people is when I describe netting your plants being like a giant LST.

Yeah I've been tucking and weaving from the beginning. But I haven't like used the net to just tuck them and leave them tucked. I tried that on a few I could get my hands on I took a pic of one below lol. The way I have this set up makes It hard to get to every branch. The Halle Berry is the one with the purple init already. I've never grown one like that before! The ones in the back had over a month veg time vs the ones up front.

day 10

-blaze on homies 🔥🤙
Screenshot_20240206_151055_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240206_151041_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240206_150925_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240206_150934_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240206_150904_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20240206_151428_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240206_151413_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240206_151400_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240206_151322_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240206_151055_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240206_151308_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom