Observers' 2x4 Space

I have thought about it but damn even a dumb ole fart like me can do very well in coco. I was definitely headed the rockwool way because I was so sick of 2 transplants and cleaning 96 pots each time. Now unfortunately I own 200+ fucking 1 gallon hydro farm square pots that need to go to the dump. The Floraflex 1 gallon quick fill compressed coco bricks are the only thing that kept me from the dark side honestly!
ahh you got stuck in the dirt side.

you're always welcome in the way more unenvironmentally side if you choose to transition. coco is amazing, and damn near very much the same. it's just so. damn. dirty. but you're invested now.

have a great night man. 🍻

Removed fuckton, could remove more.

But watching explode in a few days.

Attachments

• 16968381575845962970507980216516.jpg
    16968381575845962970507980216516.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
@Aqua Man is a plants metabolic rate also a variable in nutrient profile/ ratio requirements (?)

Faster system - vs - slower system
Faster/slower growth.

I run LEDs and run 85f and 75Rh until stretch is done and then basically keep F and Rh 10 points apart until chop but only drop 1-2 points each for the last 6 weeks and never get lower than 75f 60Rh. Again just the way I was taught! With High Rh and 10 fans circulating the air like a hurricane PM or Mold will not ever come into play and your yield and quality will increase. Again just my 2 cents but I have been running the same way since the day I started growing indoors.
Keep the night time temps the same or not far off to help reduce stretch (?) During the stretch period ?

If it was even needed or

Never let lights out temp drop more than 10-12f max from lights on! Especially without a dehumidifier. The Rh spike at lights out as well as the plants gassing the unused CO2 off can create a PM and Mold factory/major problem. A proper controlled exhaust and intake or oversized Dehuey is the best bet IMO!!! Otherwise you are just asking for problems.

Never let lights out temp drop more than 10-12f max from lights on! Especially without a dehumidifier. The Rh spike at lights out as well as the plants gassing the unused CO2 off can create a PM and Mold factory/major problem. A proper controlled exhaust and intake or oversized Dehuey is the best bet IMO!!! Otherwise you are just asking for problems.
Right right good point

I've just heard of some doing that during stretch or something like it to help reduce stretch maybe aqua can chime in on what I'm referring to

ahh you got stuck in the dirt side.

you're always welcome in the way more unenvironmentally side if you choose to transition. coco is amazing, and damn near very much the same. it's just so. damn. dirty. but you're invested now.

have a great night man. 🍻
I ain’t no damn dirt farmer! Whatchu talkin about! Lol

The closer you can keep lights on and off temps the less they will stretch for sure. Is this a good thing! IDK

But without a controller and running the proper intake and exhaust and the lights adding 500-1000 watts of heat in a typical tent during lights on I have no idea how this would be accomplished.

The closer you can keep lights on and off temps the less they will stretch for sure. Is this a good thing! IDK

But without a controller and running the proper intake and exhaust and the lights adding 500-1000 watts of heat in a typical tent during lights on I have no idea how this would be accomplished.
Gotcha

it's damn near impossible. similar to pissing in the wind, for lack of a better analogy

Right right good point

I've just heard of some doing that during stretch or something like it to help reduce stretch maybe aqua can chime in on what I'm referring to
I have as well but I honestly can’t say if that’s what is best for the plants. This is semi bro science but the temp typically drops 20+ degrees when the sun goes down! So I definitely feel a temperature difference is a good thing it can just bite you in the ass as well!

If your plants are too tall for the space you have that’s an entirely different issue.

I have as well but I honestly can’t say if that’s what is best for the plants. This is semi bro science but the temp typically drops 20+ degrees when the sun goes down! So I definitely feel a temperature difference is a good thing it can just bite you in the ass as well!

If your plants are too tall for the space you have that’s an entirely different issue.
Ok thanks.

Was curious about it.

If you FLIP the girls when they are 15-16” tall in 1 gallon coco pots you shouldn’t have anything to worry about!

However if you let 200 plants in solo cups get 2 plus feet tall and give them half the necessary light I can understand why stretch could become an issue.🤣🤷‍♂️🍻

If you FLIP the girls when they are 15-16” tall in 1 gallon coco pots you shouldn’t have anything to worry about!

However if you let 200 plants in solo cups get 2 plus feet tall and give them half the necessary light I can understand why stretch could become an issue.🤣🤷‍♂️🍻
Yeah....lol.....fucking around with the light schedule experiments

And then had the dials too low and underfeeding

@Aqua Man is a plants metabolic rate also a variable in nutrient profile/ ratio requirements (?)

Faster system - vs - slower system
Faster/slower growth.
Im not sure what your asking?

Do nutrients impact the metabolic rate of plants? Yes but not in the way you may think. They are a need and if they are lacking it will slow the metabolic rate.

PGRs can increase metabolic rates.

But kinda yes to both because PGRs can increase the efficiency of the use if nutrients.

Pretty much everything effects metabolic rates

Do nutrients impact the metabolic rate of plants? Yes but not in the way you may think. They are a need and if they are lacking it will slow the metabolic rate.

But kinda yes to both because PGRs can increase the efficiency of the use if nutrients.

Correct me if I’m wrong Aquaman but the plants can only use a certain amount of nutrients if they are not getting enough light or the environment is not dialed in. Only then once the light and environment are dialed in the plants would be able to benefit from higher EC levels and C02 levels.

This is how it was explained to me and please correct me if I am wrong. I’m definitely by no means a master grower and only have a few years experience and continue to learn everyday.

Correct me if I’m wrong Aquaman but the plants can only use a certain amount of nutrients if they are not getting enough light or the environment is not dialed in. Only then once the light and environment are dialed in the plants would be able to benefit from higher EC levels and C02 levels.

This is how it was explained to me and please correct me if I am wrong. I’m definitely by no means a master grower and only have a few years experience and continue to learn everyday.
Its all balance. You can have a higher EC or lower EC and be fine. It greatly depends on the nutrient ratios, plant needs and VPD among others

There is no real simple answer other than it depends. But you eight generally speaking

I'm asking if

Does a faster growing plant need a higher ratio of nitrogen or calcium for example compared to a slower growing plant

2.0 E.C.

Was gonna drop to 1.5

wanted to play around with osmotic pressure stressing though, higher ec needed for that.

Attachments

• 16968755881564800413225066879543.jpg
    16968755881564800413225066879543.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 16968756124066163785160033047143.jpg
    16968756124066163785160033047143.jpg
  • 16968756291507435437446850410444.jpg
    16968756291507435437446850410444.jpg
I'm asking if

Does a faster growing plant need a higher ratio of nitrogen or calcium for example compared to a slower growing plant
No its need more uptake which naturally happens with a faster growing plant in a way.

@Aqua Man

Simply put, Crop-Steering is

Fast Drybacks = Vegetative
Slower Drybacks = Generative

True/false/missing a bigger important detail?

Back
Top Bottom