Bud Builders - Making Friends, Growing Cannabis

Register a free account today to become a Bud Builders member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on our site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

Join the fun and make some friends!

Pipecarvers Pipes & things

I use far reds for 10 min at lights out after week 5 in flower and it ripens them faster. I also turned on my blue 450nm lights to help sparkle them up after week 6. I'm happy with how they are turning out, its Thanksgiving weekend for us up here and that sounds like a good time to harvest some of the uppers. I've been an 11 week in flower guy for a long time but the reds help shorten that. I also purchased a rosin press and would like some younger clearer trich's to squish out for a better color. 11 week buds have a lot of darker trichs making rosin look burnt.
Cool.i should get my far red pucks out out and give them another try.a cool dude from other place ,can’t think of his name,ran them right at the beginning and as you said knocked off a week .i tried at beginning and they were stretching big time,so lesson learned but never ran then again..it was 2 of these guys from rapidled..963510E3-4581-4248-9028-322DE7C96EEF.jpeg
 
Cool.i should get my far red pucks out out and give them another try.a cool dude from other place ,can’t think of his name,ran them right at the beginning and as you said knocked off a week .i tried at beginning and they were stretching big time,so lesson learned but never ran then again..it was 2 of these guys from rapidled..View attachment 136604
Yes I had 3 of those, gave 1 away after I bought the spiderfarmer far red lights. I run them at lights out only and after week 5 in flower otherwise they stretch me out of space. They work well in veg for a week only for 10 min at lights out to jump them up out of the pots and widen their leaves at around week 2-3.

I've played with the Emerson effect trying to boost lights on time by using the far reds at lights out to. Increasing the on time from 12/12 to 13/11 -14/10 but doing that long enough to ripen them early causes too much stretching so I started doing it after they stretch only.

I also had to use my blue lights during the stretch to helping prevent too much stretch. I'd vegged far too long and flipped 3 month old plants without enough tent space, it seemed to help as they stayed under my lights for the most part, I had to bend a few tops over but most stayed down.

I'd like to buy another green light to add more green over my plants I think it helped all the lights penetrate deeper into the canopy as I'm seeing more inner growth sparkling up. I'm a light junky I even bought a set of black lights ( ultra violet ) but at only 10 watts they have no effect., made a couple of pretty pics but that''s it for black lights. I've seen some deep red available from GrandMaster LED but I'm not sure...lol... I spent 30 years as an electrician I may have been zapped a few too many times causing me to get excited about all the coloured lights I get to play with in my tents.
 
Yes I had 3 of those, gave 1 away after I bought the spiderfarmer far red lights. I run them at lights out only and after week 5 in flower otherwise they stretch me out of space. They work well in veg for a week only for 10 min at lights out to jump them up out of the pots and widen their leaves at around week 2-3.

I've played with the Emerson effect trying to boost lights on time by using the far reds at lights out to. Increasing the on time from 12/12 to 13/11 -14/10 but doing that long enough to ripen them early causes too much stretching so I started doing it after they stretch only.

I also had to use my blue lights during the stretch to helping prevent too much stretch. I'd vegged far too long and flipped 3 month old plants without enough tent space, it seemed to help as they stayed under my lights for the most part, I had to bend a few tops over but most stayed down.

I'd like to buy another green light to add more green over my plants I think it helped all the lights penetrate deeper into the canopy as I'm seeing more inner growth sparkling up. I'm a light junky I even bought a set of black lights ( ultra violet ) but at only 10 watts they have no effect., made a couple of pretty pics but that''s it for black lights. I've seen some deep red available from GrandMaster LED but I'm not sure...lol... I spent 30 years as an electrician I may have been zapped a few too many times causing me to get excited about all the coloured lights I get to play with in my tents.
Were did you purchase your green light and how many hours a day do you run it.
 
Back
Top Bottom