Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

OK I got a question for the team

Is there anyone here who runs out of weed? I hear about it and wonder how is that even possible if you can grow your own?

I'm sure I could produce 2 pounds a month forever. I could probably do 4 if I needed to.

Who's running out of weed, and how big of a friggin stoner are you? Or is the issue you struggle with grows? If the latter, let's fix that shit in 2024!

Sit down on the couch and tell me all about it

View attachment 39888
I run out of weed that I like, due to the way I grow these days.

I'll try to run 5 strains, sometimes more, in a 5 x 5 tent, because I just love the variety and trying new strains. It's not unusual for me to give away or throw away 1/3rd or more of a crop. There have been crops where I didn't want more than half of it. (Yeah, I'm a fucking snob.)

Also, I usually start a grow all at once and don't start another until every plant is harvested.

When I lived in illegal land, my 2-crop/year grow room was way more than enough. I had to stop growing for a few years, and it took almost 2 years for me to run out of weed.

My one plant is over our limit 🤣
I’m a Libertarian I figure if I’m not hurting you take your rules and shove them. I hate how backwards some states are and def hate we can’t just ship each other some bud in the usps.

I really hate politics. And I’m a middle class white guy, the system works for me. :poop:

I’m a Libertarian I figure if I’m not hurting you take your rules and shove them. I hate how backwards some states are and def hate we can’t just ship each other some bud in the usps.

I really hate politics. And I’m a middle class white guy, the system works for me. :poop:
Yeah for sure. Thankfully, even though you "can't" ship it, we do 🤣

My grows will line up soon. That second plant was just a turd from the get-go. That set me back. This run, I plan to fill my screen and THEN flip. That way everything grows up at the same rate and maybe I'll end up with some donkey dicks. I might've harvested a bit early last round, also. 10 zips was a good yield but I plan on beating that this time.

Disagree, you are much classier than middle class, I would say 1st Class...

Yeah for sure. Thankfully, even though you "can't" ship it, we do 🤣
The wife just ordered a whole pie. 1700 for this lady's top tier mix and matched. So far it's been pretty darn decent. Her Lemon Cherry Gelato was really good the GG4 we're on now is good too.

This post will be called live by the tech, die by the tech.

I'm still sorting thru what happened here, but take a look at this.

View attachment IMG_3546.mov

Any normal grower would most likely look at that mess and say it is EC, ratios, PH, environmental, pests, or any number of other things. It's none of those. Straight up, it is lack of O2 in the root zone.

What I find so interesting is just how different each plant is responding to it. The gammut from what looks like RH too low to serious deficiencies to I got pests eating my plants. And actually a couple of these still look pretty good! :unsure:

What happened is I took a trip this week. When I left everything looked great. I came home to this.

All the normal stuff checked out. Environment, EC, PH, roots, everything. I didn't believe my sensors, so I cleaned up and recalibrated a bluelab system, and turns out I'm good.

IMG_3549.jpeg

Here’s the environment

IMG_3550.png

VPD is 1.00.

Lighting is low and tuned for veg

IMG_3551.png

So I messed with the O2 stuff and found the problem

IMG_3547.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3548.mov

And after all the calibration and tweaking the final for my res is

IMG_3552.jpeg

Oh god damn. That should be a minimum of 8 and on the bench I get over 20. In my fog grows over 20.

This is what it looks like when you drown your roots. If this were soil, it would be totally overwatered.

Something is broken in my O2 concentrator or delivery system. This sucks. Oh, well, time to come up with plan B.

My plant is roughly the same size and I'm running 260 also.

Hope you get it all sorted out. I have an alita air pump arriving next week. Been thinking about grabbing some new airstones too.
You're going to like the Alita~!
You may need a splitter to bleed off extra air..

So the O2 is back up to near where it needs to be and I see some recovery.

1706459861569.png

mg l.JPG

I'm going to kick on the chiller and add more stones to try to raise it some more, but I'm past the emergency. Water temp is 74*F, gonna set it for 68* and get ready to add H2O2 if needed.

OK so I did a bunch of stuff.

Turned on chiller set to 68*
Turned on AC set to 76. It was getting up to 78 - 80 range and I figured I'd slow things down a touch to give the recovery a boost
Reset PH, it climbed up a bit since I drove off CO2 (carbonic acid) in the process of bubbling.
Added 2 more air pumps and 4 more stones giving me a total of 8 stones. Now I have 1 in each plant site too.
Now I monitor for a bit. I have never been able to get the O2 much higher than 8mg/L using airstones. I'm not expecting much more than that, although the temp drop will help on that front when it catches up.

Now we wait.

Agreed, they move an amazing amount of air. Very good choice of a pump!!
I've seen Smoke and Steam mention them several times. I've got a splitter with valves that I can use to calm down the bubbles if necessary.

I'm mostly anticipating the noise reduction. This pump I have is noisy as all hell. I moved it into the lung room but I can still hear that sucker in my bedroom.

I've seen Smoke and Steam mention them several times. I've got a splitter with valves that I can use to calm down the bubbles if necessary.

I'm mostly anticipating the noise reduction. This pump I have is noisy as all hell. I moved it into the lung room but I can still hear that sucker in my bedroom.

Hook up the splitter whether you think you need it or not.
Open your air stones all the way.
Then see if bleeding air off makes the pump quieter without effecting flow.
I have large Alitas and without releasing extra air they are not as quiet as could be.
Which model did you get, the 6A? I ran 15 aquariums with 2 lines each with that pump.
They are the quietest pumps I have ever owned besides most powerful.

Hook up the splitter whether you think you need it or not.
Open your air stones all the way.
Then see if bleeding air off makes the pump quieter without effecting flow.
I have large Alitas and without releasing extra air they are not as quiet as could be.
Which model did you get, the 6A? I ran 15 aquariums with 2 lines each with that pump.
They are the quietest pumps I have ever owned besides most powerful.
I grabbed the smallest one they have. 15 lpm I believe. I only run 4 airstones but I'd like to run another one or two in my top of res and another one in my RO tank. Is that necessary, though? I haven't had one in there in almost a year.

Nice with the 15A~!
You can't install too much air IMO.
With enough stones in use you will not to bleed off.
That pump will supply you air for everything you can dream up.

Nice bounce back~!
Just air pump and chiller still?
Yup yup. I can't get the O2 any higher no matter how much more air I add. It's a Henry's law thing.

So basically this is standard RDWC now. I haven't had the heart to call Aqua Man yet. But he will understand.

I really wanted to see what would happen in RDWC at 300% O2. Maybe next time.

Back
Top Bottom