Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Done with the fog cloner / seedling stage. This took forever because it has been seriously cold down here. Probably doubled the germination stage time.

View attachment IMG_3453.mov

How this works in RDWC

View attachment IMG_3454.mov

Grew them in fog until the roots hit the water. Normally I would not wait this long, but as you can see there is a serious lack of bubbles there to splash and stir and keep the underside wet.

IMG_3456.jpeg

Here is the assembly ready to pop in:

IMG_3458.jpeg
IMG_3459.jpeg
IMG_3460.jpeg
IMG_3461.jpeg

O2 Concentrator

View attachment IMG_3462.mov

Last edited:
Done with the fog cloner / seedling stage. This took forever because it has been seriously cold down here. Probably doubled the germination stage time.

View attachment 39495

How this works in RDWC

View attachment 39496

Grew them in fog until the roots hit the water. Normally I would not wait this long, but as you can see there is a serious lack of bubbles there to splash and stir and keep the underside wet.

View attachment 39497

Here is the assembly ready to pop in:

View attachment 39498
View attachment 39499
View attachment 39500
View attachment 39501

O2 Concentrator

View attachment 39502
Clean, High-Performance, Efficient System you got there Moe.

OK I got a question for the team

Is there anyone here who runs out of weed? I hear about it and wonder how is that even possible if you can grow your own?

I'm sure I could produce 2 pounds a month forever. I could probably do 4 if I needed to.

Who's running out of weed, and how big of a friggin stoner are you? Or is the issue you struggle with grows? If the latter, let's fix that shit in 2024!

Sit down on the couch and tell me all about it

1705697118051.png

Is there anyone here who runs out of weed? I hear about it and wonder how is that even possible if you can grow your own?

I'm sure I could produce 2 pounds a month forever. I could probably do 4 if I needed to.

Who's running out of weed, and how big of a friggin stoner are you? Or is the issue you struggle with grows? If the latter, let's fix that shit in 2024!

View attachment 39888
Im always running out lately.
Issue after issue causes set backs.
Things i dont wanna lose dont get sent to flower until i have a rooted clone so as you know thats been an issue lately.
I dont have enough room to grow what i really need either so thats a thing.
Need a room like steam.

Biggest issue? Money!!!
Never able to keep a steady flow of supplies in the house..,

Im always running out lately.
Issue after issue causes set backs.
Things i dont wanna lose dont get sent to flower until i have a rooted clone so as you know thats been an issue lately.
I dont have enough room to grow what i really need either so thats a thing.
Need a room like steam.

Biggest issue? Money!!!
Never able to keep a steady flow of supplies in the house..,
You are in NY, right? Legal there, and can grow outside?

I remember your floating plant during the flood. Whats the likelyhood of doing a huge summer grow outdoors to fill up your coffers and take the pressure off?

EDIT - are you using dry nutes?

You are in NY, right? Legal there, and can grow outside?

I remember your floating plant during the flood. Whats the likelyhood of doing a huge summer grow outdoors to fill up your coffers and take the pressure off?
Yeah, it will finally be legal this summer. But for 3 years i tried to grow photoperiods outside and failed. 3 years and only got 4 ounces.

I had better luck with autos but i gave them all away an have no intention on buying more.
Im gonna try again this year but im only putting small plants out and not until mid june beginning of july in hopes they stay kinda small to help prevent mold? Idk. I always end up with mildew, budrot, or unfinished product so its just been a total loss all around outside.

Lemme think on this for a minute. I'll go read your thread later so I don't ask a million questions you have already answered.

Edit - back, you got a lot going on there. So you are primarily working with 2 4x4s in soil under a Vipar, did not see the wattage.

Are you doing a perpetual and keeping the flower tent fed, or are you using it to dry or something? What do you figure your current output is vs where you would be comfortable?

What do you think your biggest bottleneck is? At a cursory glance, you should be able to easily harvest a 4x4 every 2 months. This may force you into a production mindset meaning less of a pheno hunt and more of sheer production.

Based on your limitations, maximizing the space needs to be the answer. From what I saw, your plants are healthy. I think a ton of this is going to come down to genetics and having well vegged and trained plants at the ready for a continual flower process. You definitely have photons not being used in your flower tent that should be converted into THC rather than hitting the floor.

If any of this is making sense we can move this convo over to your thread.

Last edited:

View attachment 39888
Smoked that ~300gram solo cup run in 4 months or so

Getting "moms" in order so I can populate 5x5 with ~64 plants

What do you figure you need in a month / season / whatever?
I figure between my wife and i we smoke about a half pound or a little more a month. Anywhere from 1-2 ounces a week depending on how busy we are.

Its taken me 5 years to realize if i want to shorten veg times in spil i need to grow more plants.

So i went from 4 5g pots to 9 3g pots in flower in my 4x4, and i think thats gonna make a difference over time.

View attachment 39888
I'm getting close to running out this time, I smoke an oz in 5-6 days so there's that and I had about 6oz mold up on me from sitting in my garage with the Grove bag slightly open. I gave a bunch away and I started late after my Sept crop was finished. I might have to start to budget whats left soon....I get grump when that happens...lol.....

Moe if you're not running out you're not trying hard enough.....gee's man get with the game.....lol

I figure between my wife and i we smoke about a half pound or a little more a month. Anywhere from 1-2 ounces a week depending on how busy we are.

Its taken me 5 years to realize if i want to shorten veg times in spil i need to grow more plants.

So i went from 4 5g pots to 9 3g pots in flower in my 4x4, and i think thats gonna make a difference over time.
I went back and edited that last post while you were typing this one.

I think that is a good plan. Tag me in where you want to talk this thru and I'll give you some thoughts on productivity. Yields have never been my issue. And $ spent does not equal production. I've tested a lot of gimmicks.

Lemme think on this for a minute. I'll go read your thread later so I don't ask a million questions you have already answered.

Edit - back, you got a lot going on there. So you are primarily working with 2 4x4s in soil under a Vipar, did not see the wattage.

Are you doing a perpetual and keeping the flower tent fed, or are you using it to dry or something? What do you figure your current output is vs where you would be comfortable?

What do you think your biggest bottleneck is? At a cursory glance, you should be able to easily harvest a 4x4 every 2 months. This may force you into a production mindset meaning less of a pheno hunt and more of sheer production.

Based on your limitations, maximizing the space needs to be the answer. From what I saw, your plants are healthy. I think a ton of this is going to come down to genetics and having well vegged and trained plants at the ready for a continual flower process. You definitely have photons not being used in your flower tent that should be converted into THC rather than hitting the floor.

If any of this is making sense we can move this convo over to your thread.
Ill tag you in one of my threads.

I'm getting close to running out this time, I smoke an oz in 5-6 days so there's that and I had about 6oz mold up on me from sitting in my garage with the Grove bag slightly open. I gave a bunch away and I started late after my Sept crop was finished. I might have to start to budget whats left soon....I get grump when that happens...lol.....

Moe if you're not running out you're not trying hard enough.....gee's man get with the game.....lol
That seems doable to keep up with that habit with your setup. Sucks about the mold, I hate that part of the hobby. It's like a tax bill from the universe out of the blue that can really ruin your day.

And I can't say this publicly because my agent is watching what I type, but
I give away 90% of what I grow
I got stuff in jars that's 3 years old. So yeah, I'm a toking slacker. Lemme get busy with you, it's Friday nite

1705708518969.png

Need my address?
I can totally get rid of it for you in a series of small fires🔥 🤣
I gave some really old White Widow buds to your buddy @MDK a couple months ago. I think he used that same line. They were more than a foot long and 2 or 3" around. You do 4 plants like that in your 4x4 and you will easily do a pound every harvest which would be 1/2 lb per month. With the right genetics you can do more.

I never run out only because there is a dispensary 10 miles from my house! Seriously if I continued to rotate in new crops after each grow there should be no way I’d run out. I gave away a bunch of my last grow to friends and relatives. Guess I should have kept more or started my current run a little sooner. Been going to the dispensary to hold me over, hate paying those prices but that’s what you get for being a slacker

Even the true slacker [ :cool: ] has not run out since first grow. Not even close~!
Now mind you I know no limit growing besides what I can fit but.
I feel bad for those who stick to some limit made by people who have never been in your house nor will ever be.
I think if most just grew more each grow they would never run out.
When you grow 15-20 plants you can have one or a couple go off the rails and have no fear.
I call this 'stress free growing". ;)
1705854463043.png
1705854577720.png

I feel bad for those who stick to some limit made by people who have never been in your house nor will ever be.

Don't feel bad for me! I'll make it!

I stay under my plant count because I post everything online, and I can't use it as fast as I can grow it WITH the plant count. No point in growing more.

Then there are guys like @smoke who grow trees and laugh while also staying clean. If his grows are not a middle finger to lawmakers, don't know what is.

Definitely ways around them nosey 5-0 types ;)

Don't feel bad for me! I'll make it!

I stay under my plant count because I post everything online, and I can't use it as fast as I can grow it WITH the plant count. No point in growing more.

Then there are guys like @smoke who grow trees and laugh while also staying clean. If his grows are not a middle finger to lawmakers, don't know what is.

Definitely ways around them nosey 5-0 types ;)
We are actually legal growing 6 plants if we wanted. 4 medical and 2 recreational. Lol

I run out between grows but there are many factors

• just started growing jan 2023 indoor
  • grew bagseed junk at first
  • delayed my indoor thinking my outdoor would come thru it didn't. Finally got a good grow finished this past December.
  • my wife is a hoover
  • my friends all want some
  • sticking to a plant count (which sucks)
  • having kids makes me nervous a bit over the rules and crossing the line...no time to read up on all that's changed

Question on the real. I have given some out to buddies from this past grow. In Mo if I say gave a friend a couple ounces then they gave me an exhaust fan or something needed toward my grow...as a way to support what I'm doing for them and keep it up....would that be ok or illegal? Barter system sort a...not directly selling it just gifting with good intentions and maybe getting something back in return?

Back
Top Bottom