Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Anybody got a solution for pressed rosin that just smears around on the wax paper rather than coming off on a tool, even after freezing?

@Moshmen @steamroller @Stoneyluv @Bandit420

I'll get a vid if necessary. I'm about to use ETOH to get it off, it's really ridiculous. It's like honey consistency. No idea why - never happened before.

There's only two things that have caused that for me...Pressing leaf or way too hot on the press.

In regards to leaf IDK why but I think it's due to a huge imbalance of trichs to waxy oil still in the material so after you get less rosin and way more liquid.
I have some purple squish I got from purple leaf but was very runny. I pressed it about a year ago then managed to put it in a silicone jar then I forgot about it. I found that jar just last week and that purple slime is now a purple rock.

And heat is pretty much self explanatory. Too much heat gets all wax and will take time to cure and set after. A lower temp in the 180-190 range will get more of a dewaxed crumble mixed with some wax.
Ideally this is what I want...about a 50/50 blend of dry crumble and the glossy wax is not so much a liquid but more like a shatter that has yet to be dewaxed. This was done at 190

IMG_6091.JPG

Wax paper or parchment paper?
There is a difference between the two.
Hoping you just mis spoke.
My dirt stuff is always sticky as fuck.
I also squish low temp around 180f.

Wax paper or parchment paper?
There is a difference between the two.
Hoping you just mis spoke.
My dirt stuff is always sticky as fuck.
I also squish low temp around 180f.
Good catch! I just glazed past that.
Yeah wax paper is not to be used or even considered as an alternative to parchment paper.

Yeah being dumb. Parchment.

It's from the same roll that has always been fine. Have not adjusted temps or times from the WG in hydro that ran nice.

I'll do some experiments and figure it out. They were cured separately so maybe my RH is out to lunch on the soil jar.

🩲 for the ideas.

You guys all set for Christmas? I still gotta wrap. Thinking I'm just gonna use aluminum foil. Seems shiny christmasy to me. And I'm lazy.

no wrapping here yet either Moe... was just thinking about bringing it up at dinner tonight.. like do we really need to wrap.. kinda plant the lazy seed and see what happens!! we're a small family there's no big celebration or suspense so why waste the paper.

🎅 🎅 🎅

You guys all set for Christmas? I still gotta wrap. Thinking I'm just gonna use aluminum foil. Seems shiny christmasy to me. And I'm lazy.
I dont even have wrapping paper.....
Im gonna be gone all day tomorrow too, my wife only has 1 hand so shes useless at the moment. So ill be doing all my wrapping on Christmas Eve.....

I can try that.

I will press some other stuff and see if it is different. Just weird. I pressed lots of hydro watermelon gelato without any issues, worded great. This is my first time with the soil based WG. If that is really a difference between the 2, that would be interesting.
When I grew it it pressed real nice at about 185/190 and don’t remember the return but it was one of the best returns I’ve pressed

Yeah being dumb. Parchment.

It's from the same roll that has always been fine. Have not adjusted temps or times from the WG in hydro that ran nice.

I'll do some experiments and figure it out. They were cured separately so maybe my RH is out to lunch on the soil jar.

🩲 for the ideas.

I’m so lazy I just let the wife pick out what she wants - no wrapping needed ! And I get her to wrap the rest !

I’m so lazy I just let the wife pick out what she wants - no wrapping needed ! And I get her to wrap the rest !
We don't get each other gifts. If she was to get me something it would be something i don't already have.

if i didn't have it i probably didn't want it , because If i wanted it i would have already bought it and the same for her.

We don't get each other gifts. If she was to get me something it would be something i don't already have.

if i didn't have it i probably didn't want it , because If i wanted it i would have already bought it and the same for her.
Wish I could do that. She who must be obeyed requires not just gifts, but surprises with lots of thought into it. It's almost like my yearly job interview.

I guess ya can’t call what we do gift givin she basically takes the cash and gets what she wants and I always do that so just another normal day for me . Lol livin at the in-laws she got her and her mom garage door openers for a old garage I plan on replacing this summer , but guess what I’m doin over vacation 🙄

We haven't wrapped gifts in over a decade and don't even put up a tree anymore. I have some life size metal wire Longhorns wired up with about a billion LED lights out in the front yard and that's about all we do for decorations and spirit.
Thanksgving and Xmas are working days in my line of work so these few days off are like a vacation and not holiday stuff.
We'll spend the days cooking good food, smoking grass and dabs, and drinking good booze. On the tv will be all the best Xmas movies like Die Hard, Friday After Next, Why Him, Lethal Weapon, Bad Moms Christmas, and Office Christmas Party. That's our tradition 😋

Wish I could do that. She who must be obeyed requires not just gifts, but surprises with lots of thought into it. It's almost like my yearly job interview.
She’s the boss moe 😃..one thing though if you get ever get into strife with the misses you have a really nice dog house to go to…your lab room 😀.

Hehe

More.electroculture

curious to actually see its affects.

just filtered/distilled water there?

or is it a solution

is there a control for the non-blue?
The effects are a shorter seedling. I'm trying to keep them similar in size. Once I see all the cotyledons the blue turns off and they get transplanted into coco and into the fog cloner to develop roots.

It is RO water with a little cal-mag just to set the PH at 5.8. Seedlings do not need external food yet.

I could put in there hormones or bennies, but I'm a bit too sterile here. Used H2O2 to clean everything, got new parts and stuff in there. In the fog cloner too, hasn't been used in a while and needed cleaning as a start up. Hormones are not needed here, this is a casual grow for me.

No control. They are all there together. Just that the first ones that pop up get hit with blue to try to slow them down so the others can catch up.

The effects are a shorter seedling. I'm trying to keep them similar in size. Once I see all the cotyledons the blue turns off and they get transplanted into coco and into the fog cloner to develop roots.

It is RO water with a little cal-mag just to set the PH at 5.8. Seedlings do not need external food yet.

I could put in there hormones or bennies, but I'm a bit too sterile here. Used H2O2 to clean everything, got new parts and stuff in there. In the fog cloner too, hasn't been used in a while and needed cleaning as a start up. Hormones are not needed here, this is a casual grow for me.

No control. They are all there together. Just that the first ones that pop up get hit with blue to try to slow them down so the others can catch up.
how far is the blue, or what is the wavelength of the blue LED there, have you measured the PPFD from it?

Back
Top Bottom