Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

How's the humidifier doing for ya Moe? May have to pry at ya for the schematics some time. Of all the neat shit you got my mind keeps rolling back to that lol. Getting deep into flower over here coming in on week 6. So far so good. I'm gonna have to go back a couple pages and get caught up in here. Cheers 🤘

just heard about it, supposedly less porous, less bacteria growth places.

"actual" "food "safe"
By the nature of the extrusion process nothing printed will be truly food safe.

Pet is what I use mostly. It’s what they make most mass produced single use bottles out of like milk. 100% food safe when injected not so when printed. Same plastic.

How's the humidifier doing for ya Moe? May have to pry at ya for the schematics some time. Of all the neat shit you got my mind keeps rolling back to that lol. Getting deep into flower over here coming in on week 6. So far so good. I'm gonna have to go back a couple pages and get caught up in here. Cheers 🤘
Works as expected.

Hope to get to your light tomorrow or Saturday. I’ll give you a shout.

By the nature of the extrusion process nothing printed will be truly food safe.

Pet is what I use mostly. It’s what they make most mass produced single use bottles out of like milk. 100% food safe when injected not so when printed. Same plastic.
Ahh ok, thanks Moe.

View attachment 31155
View attachment 31154

Tell me again what is wrong with the light? Seems to all be working not seeing any arcing or melting
The 2 I had unplugged were like dripping melted wire coating into that little housing at the bottom of the picture. Not sure if you can still see the melted drips in there or not. The corresponding bars would sort of flicker in and out of the most red setting. Like if I had the red on max and hung around a while you'd sometimes see it flick to a more blue spectrum. There is a quick spectrum change button on the front (yellow button), press it til the screen says "HPS" that's the most red...and where most of my issues were coming from. If you are in HPS and go from like 10% power slowly up...somewhere past 50% you will start to hear a buzzing sound (wasn't like that at first). Wasn't sure if that buzzing was something connected to the wire melting I was getting or not.

Also the top timer buttons never really worked that kind of helps control the AI sunrise/sunset....I assumed they had crappy soldering job

Mostly was just concerned with the melting wire in the back...old flood house of mine will go up like a matchstick in a house fire so didn't want to risk that.

The 2 I had unplugged were like dripping melted wire coating into that little housing at the bottom of the picture. Not sure if you can still see the melted drips in there or not. The corresponding bars would sort of flicker in and out of the most red setting. Like if I had the red on max and hung around a while you'd sometimes see it flick to a more blue spectrum. There is a quick spectrum change button on the front (yellow button), press it til the screen says "HPS" that's the most red...and where most of my issues were coming from. If you are in HPS and go from like 10% power slowly up...somewhere past 50% you will start to hear a buzzing sound (wasn't like that at first). Wasn't sure if that buzzing was something connected to the wire melting I was getting or not.

Also the top timer buttons never really worked that kind of helps control the AI sunrise/sunset....I assumed they had crappy soldering job

Mostly was just concerned with the melting wire in the back...old flood house of mine will go up like a matchstick in a house fire so didn't want to risk that.
So everything inside this box is coated in a rubberizing kinda overpour. I guess this is what gets them a water resistant rating. But it makes it impossible to see anything in there at the component level.

The stuff stays flexible, I'm sure it looks / acts drippy when hot. Probably what you saw, and I would be concerned too. Should not get that hot. I'll dig in and get back to you.

So this boils down to a cooling issue I think @MDK

Easy enough to get around it by leaving the top off, but that is a safety hazard. Want me to try to make it safe electrically but will no longer be water resistant? I'd probably just print some spacers to go under the top and give you a couple mm of airspace there across the drivers. There is no fan on this unit and it needs one or more passive air exchange. Especially inside a tent in the summer around here.

So this boils down to a cooling issue I think @MDK

Easy enough to get around it by leaving the top off, but that is a safety hazard. Want me to try to make it safe electrically but will no longer be water resistant? I'd probably just print some spacers to go under the top and give you a couple mm of airspace there across the drivers. There is no fan on this unit and it needs one or more passive air exchange. Especially inside a tent in the summer around here.
I could probably do it with washers or nuts if you don't feel like it. I just appreciate the look at it moe up to you on what you want to do there. I know nothing about those printers and how long that all takes.

I don't think the light is water resistant. I was pretty careful with the water in my tent never got it wet with any spray but my humidifier did sort of mist upward off to the side of it.

What about cutting vents in the top and putting a little cheap clip fan to blow in there? I got a whole box of those

Wanna hear a funny story (not to my wife)

Apparently I cannot math. I was off by 10X on my mg/mL calculation.

Each piece of fudge actually has about 150mg, not the 15 I was shooting for. Whoops. Wife thought she was going to die. I have video she forbids me to share. Funny not funny.

Guess I'm sending this fudge to @SweetLeafGrow for Christmas. Nobody in my house can take that level of THC!
I can eat 1000 + and still function fine if anything just makes me tired and sleep but does great for my back

I could probably do it with washers or nuts if you don't feel like it. I just appreciate the look at it moe up to you on what you want to do there. I know nothing about those printers and how long that all takes.

I don't think the light is water resistant. I was pretty careful with the water in my tent never got it wet with any spray but my humidifier did sort of mist upward off to the side of it.

What about cutting vents in the top and putting a little cheap clip fan to blow in there? I got a whole box of those
Could do. I think if it stays cooler it will work fine.

Could do. I think if it stays cooler it will work fine.
Trying to think I did have a temp spike once I think. Probably time to invest in a temp gun to read surface temps. I think the tent may have gotten to 92F. Can't remember why, think I forgot to open my vents. Who knows what the temp on the light was at that point.

Are the wires to each bar soldered to a board or do they have some sort of connector that attaches them? Idk if you could tell and I'm not sure from the pic. Wonder if I could buy thicker cables of the same type? Either way it won't be used for much going forward maybe as a back up.

For the money the new light I'm running is pretty sweet so far. Next grow (full tent) will be the true test though.

Trying to think I did have a temp spike once I think. Probably time to invest in a temp gun to read surface temps. I think the tent may have gotten to 92F. Can't remember why, think I forgot to open my vents. Who knows what the temp on the light was at that point.

Are the wires to each bar soldered to a board or do they have some sort of connector that attaches them? Idk if you could tell and I'm not sure from the pic. Wonder if I could buy thicker cables of the same type? Either way it won't be used for much going forward maybe as a back up.

For the money the new light I'm running is pretty sweet so far. Next grow (full tent) will be the true test though.
Here are some close ups

IMG_3277.jpeg
IMG_3278.jpeg
IMG_3279.jpeg
IMG_3280.jpeg

The metal lid is just screwed on so any kind of spacer you can put there will help

View attachment 31416
Cool I appreciate it....that's so weird that coating on that wire all melting and dripping like that. Appears to me that's what it was an not the actual wire casing.

Well shoot. If you wanna slap it back together and out your way that's fine. If I do use it again I can mess with venting it no problem. Big IF anyway.

Looks like everything is coated in there like you was saying it was hard to see tho til close ups, yea I can see it having a hard time cooling off jeez

Last edited:
Cool I appreciate it....that's so weird that coating on that wire all melting and dripping like that. Appears to me that's what it was an not the actual wire casing.

Well shoot. If you wanna slap it back together and out your way that's fine. If I do use it again I can mess with venting it no problem. Big IF anyway.

Looks like everything is coated in there like you was saying it was hard to see tho til close ups, yea I can see it having a hard time cooling off jeez
Here’s what I did

View attachment IMG_3325.mov
View attachment IMG_3326.mov

View attachment IMG_3328.movIMG_3329.jpeg

Ready for pickup whenever.

That's the place.

I should probably edit that face out before I post stuff. First time with the new tripod setup, I'm still learning how to shoot video.
You in a hurry for it to be out of your way? I super appreciate it, wonder if those bent rod deals were messing up the timer function.

Thanks again Moe you're the man!

Naw whenever. I guess I could use it to germ these seeds and see if the timer works. I didn’t try that.

View attachment 32009
Nice
Naw whenever. I guess I could use it to germ these seeds and see if the timer works. I didn’t try that.

View attachment 32009
So I believe it goes
Hps most red, cnh actually means cmh red and blue, nh is mh more blue with some red, sun seems to be most blue.

If you start off on sun and increase red by pressing the red button (on the face) you can fine tune and eventually roll up into the next preset spectrum all the way up to hps...the blue button adds more blue light and will take you back the other way toward the most blue (sun)

The green button is ai sun...which will automate a sunrise. So if you have the power at 100 it will slowly raise it over a certain period til its fully on...it will start to do it an hour before it is set to turn off as well. On the face when you turn it on it starts counting down from 18:00 (lights on) to 00:00 (lights off). If the timer buttons (two green ones on top) gained any functionality you may be able to set the light to 12/12 as well instead of 18/6. I never used the ai-sun because it works on the default 18 hours but since I could never set that internal timer to 12/12 I could never get ai-sunrise to work in 12/12 so I never used it.

The book will give you suggestions which I felt to be crap mostly I just ignored it and watched the plants.

I ran blue to get them going then tried more red in veg and it seemed to encourage some lateral growth. It was alright to mess around with.

Tries to do some of what your raging kush does

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom