Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Since I may remove them if there is trouble, I still plan to use the fine coco. It works better in my fog germinating tent anyhow. This grow system is designed to start everything in 3.75" netpots with coco. From there I can move seeds or clones anywhere with zero transplant shock because the roots never get touched. Moving plants all the way up to the flip is seconds. Sort them by height, how much light they want, air movement, whatever. It's just so easy to dial in your grow, sort thru regs, whatever. Clones, seeds (after a trip thru the vertical germinator of course) and tissue culture plugs directly in the same pots.

Here’s what it looks like before your neoprene idea

View attachment 26316

That was a clone I got from anthem. You got the same batch I believe.

I've got these same twistlocks in every growspace now. I'm sure we could retrofit yours if you want to dig in. I work for amazon shipments of PETG.
yes, eventually, sooner rather than later....

would like to get my own DWC system going......or just buy one from you.....

That sensor has far red too. Kinda quit using that tho, really only playing with the PAR range spectrum these days. I never found that far red impacted yield or product positively. Helps with morphology tho.
are you saying you did not observe much difference/or photosynthetic efficiency, or an increase in growth rates under 400-800nm compared to 400-700nm PAR ranges?

what about 350nm-800nm PAR?

Curiously...

are you saying you did not observe much difference/or photosynthetic efficiency, or an increase in growth rates under 400-800nm compared to 400-700nm PAR ranges?

what about 350nm-800nm PAR?

Curiously...
What I am saying is that far red didn’t do much for me.

I think it is a matter of stacking. Just how much faster can you make a plant grow.

I’m already running a dialed in rdwc
Co2
Pinpoint environment
O2 in the root zone

Is adding a little boost to DLI with far red even noticeable?

I think it is something that works if it is all you do but you can’t just keep stacking 20% improvements on top of each other forever. Diminishing returns

I’m confused. The lady at the usps said the addy does not exist and wouldn’t take the package. Do I just tell her

View attachment 32287
When shipping I occasionally had addys that said they did not exist.
The system is limited.
They were wrong more often than the address.

Terp question -- Moe, I know you have a collection of terpenes and must have been messing with them a bit.

Which combination of terps creates the diesel/fuel scents?

I’ve got video that explains it I just gotta spend some time editing. Or send it to @MDK if he still wants to do it.
My high speed internet is pretty mids to be honest. When we catch up if you wanna send me with a thumb drive or a DVD data disc with it on there...we could see what I can do as far as editing. I know I can chop things down and splice it all together...I haven't played with any of the transitions or texts, don't know of the program has animations or not.

We could give it a whirl see how it comes out 👍

My high speed internet is pretty mids to be honest. When we catch up if you wanna send me with a thumb drive or a DVD data disc with it on there...we could see what I can do as far as editing. I know I can chop things down and splice it all together...I haven't played with any of the transitions or texts, don't know of the program has animations or not.

We could give it a whirl see how it comes out 👍
I might take a whack at it here in the meantime. Video is not my favorite thing, takes me forever.

Just life and all.

I check in all the time, just not posting as much because life is throwing it at me right now. I hate family drama but I'm stuck in it.

there comes a point in life where kids become parents if they live long enough.

I have a little something going on in the basement, I just need to find the time to post it up. Right now I'm deep into the most advanced 3D project I have ever done - a circular sock knitting machine for the wife for christmas. Bit off a bit more than I can chew on this one. I can see the finish line tho. Here is the table top in the paint booth, once this is done I'm back to growing!

IMG_3374.jpeg

Just life and all.

I check in all the time, just not posting as much because life is throwing it at me right now. I hate family drama but I'm stuck in it.

there comes a point in life where kids become parents if they live long enough.

I have a little something going on in the basement, I just need to find the time to post it up. Right now I'm deep into the most advanced 3D project I have ever done - a circular sock knitting machine for the wife for christmas. Bit off a bit more than I can chew on this one. I can see the finish line tho. Here is the table top in the paint booth, once this is done I'm back to growing!

View attachment 34945
Don't they make those already? They're like a couple hundred for the better mini ones. When I was in the garment business, I got to see all kinds of knitting and weaving machines. They're pretty complicated with very specific parts and specifications that need to be met otherwise the end product comes out not so good. How fine a yarn does she want to use? I know that tension settings play a big part in the operation of the machine.

Curious how your loom comes out.

Don't they make those already? They're like a couple hundred for the better mini ones. When I was in the garment business, I got to see all kinds of knitting and weaving machines. They're pretty complicated with very specific parts and specifications that need to be met otherwise the end product comes out not so good. How fine a yarn does she want to use? I know that tension settings play a big part in the operation of the machine.

Curious how your loom comes out.
Here’s an early prototype. Can’t show the final until that top dries and I can put it back together

View attachment IMG_9775.mov

Edit: the $200 are for scarves and hats. She has one of those too. This is for socks and they run a couple grand.

Last edited:
Judging from the yarn feed it'll take two yarns at the same time? Can she weave figures and stuff or is it mostly straight line designs?
Shit I don't know. Yes on the 2 - one is for wool and one is for elastic - optional. The rest I'd have to ask the boss.

I just know it makes socks. Like this

Shit I don't know. Yes on the 2 - one is for wool and one is for elastic - optional. The rest I'd have to ask the boss.

I just know it makes socks. Like this

Yup! When I was in North Carolina they had a factory that was weaving for Gildan and Hanes, the T-shirt manufacturers. The bodies of the t-shirts are woven in a circular knitter like the video to reduce the amount of seams needed to be sewn in the construction of the t-shirt. Funny part is when I was in it all the fashionistas wanted side seamed T's!

Anybody got a solution for pressed rosin that just smears around on the wax paper rather than coming off on a tool, even after freezing?

@Moshmen @steamroller @Stoneyluv @Bandit420

I'll get a vid if necessary. I'm about to use ETOH to get it off, it's really ridiculous. It's like honey consistency. No idea why - never happened before.

i've used slight heat in vacuum chamber to stiffin some runny rosin. doesn't make it like shatter or anything but it makes it manageable so you can form it in your fingers at least. if i remember correctly i didn't get it above 88* and left it in the chamber overnight.

letting it sit out for weeks at a time will also do it.

i've used slight heat in vacuum chamber to stiffin some runny rosin. doesn't make it like shatter or anything but it makes it manageable so you can form it in your fingers at least. if i remember correctly i didn't get it above 88* and left it in the chamber overnight.

I’ve also used to heat - no vac - most time I get runny resin is because of water content ? No proof just opinion , even with boveda packs I’ve had strains run - also pressing at a lower temp works in some cases like every process water is ur enemy

I have spread it out on silicone sheets and let it sit for a week or so works especially in dry atmosphere

Back
Top Bottom