Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Was it AquaMan that once said on a former forum "no such thing as to much water, only a lack of oxigen". If it were solely the pots, the problem would be with all of them. Could those pots be improved? likely! But it isn't the problem. If you fill one of those pots with Georgia clay and one with Lush potting soil, what's gonna happen? Is it the pots fault that one will dry out in days while the other takes weeks to months? No, of course not. Plainly as I can say it, You have some $h!t soil. Just like I had some $h!t Jack's and it darn near killed my RDWC. IMHO, You have the same issue Moe, just in soil. Could be salt in the coco, could be a complete lack of nute, some sort of lockout? Who knows. What is as obvious to me as the nose on my face is it is as simple as the differance in the medium they are in. One holds way to much water and likely has other issues, and one doesn't. 👨‍🌾 (y) Hope that helps!

Last edited:
How's the gnats thing going moe? I am getting ready to roll again, had very few last grow but I'd rather not have any (soil grown). What's working for you?

Sorry being lazy lot to read here I'll need a while to catch up...just hoping you'd give me the summary so I didn't have to commit to reading 15 pages 😂

Last edited:
How's the gnats thing going moe? I am getting ready to roll again, had very few last grow but I'd rather not have any (soil grown). What's working for you?

Sorry being lazy lot to read here I'll need a while to catch up...just hoping you'd give me the summary so I didn't have to commit to reading 15 pages 😂
Used multiple treatments. Mosquito bits seemed to be the ticket tho.

Used multiple treatments. Mosquito bits seemed to be the ticket tho.
LOVE my Gnatrol WDG (active ingrediant in Mosquito Bits). Works like magic. Ebay sellers have it in sizes from 1/2 oz to 16 lbs. In general, if I use it to water in each time I up-pot transplants into new soil, it's a one and done for that pot. Sometimes in a mid summer grow, I'll have to do a second treatment if I see them re-appear, but that's the exception and not the rule. 👨‍🌾 (y)

How are your 3 tramma patients doing? Better I hope! ;) What did you finally decide to do for them? :geek:

LOVE my Gnatrol WDG (active ingrediant in Mosquito Bits). Works like magic. Ebay sellers have it in sizes from 1/2 oz to 16 lbs. In general, if I use it to water in each time I up-pot transplants into new soil, it's a one and done for that pot. Sometimes in a mid summer grow, I'll have to do a second treatment if I see them re-appear, but that's the exception and not the rule. 👨‍🌾 (y)

How are your 3 tramma patients doing? Better I hope! ;) What did you finally decide to do for them? :geek:
Just got home been out all day. I’ll check out the babies in a bit. But overall those mendo mix girls are looking like shit. But that is why I did this had to bust my cherry on dirt. Learning a lot.

Check this out Dr.

View attachment 15408

Both same age clones. Soil on the left RDWC on the right. Everything else same.

Time to clone these and start over so I can get them the same size. Or closer.
yup, there it is.
soil is inefficient, in terms of speed anyways. lol

this isnt even the fog though, is this o2 injected rdwc?

is ur concentrator connected to this one?

nice.

i suspect a fog/aero chamber would be just a tad faster than rdwc, i suppose.

unless DO is the same ?

yup, there it is.
soil is inefficient, in terms of speed anyways. lol

this isnt even the fog though, is this o2 injected rdwc?

is ur concentrator connected to this one?

nice.

i suspect a fog/aero chamber would be just a tad faster than rdwc, i suppose.

unless DO is the same ?
No I’m just doing standard hydro but dialed in on O2.

I’m literally trying to keep the hydro plant from growing. I’d like them to be the same size.

Check this out Dr.

View attachment 15408

Both same age clones. Soil on the left RDWC on the right. Everything else same.

Time to clone these and start over so I can get them the same size. Or closer.
Yes, RDWC is my next Canna Journey. JJ used hydroton in his grows and his garden was always full. This is why I am here, to learn from you guys so I can achieve the yields I desire. Beautiful foliage color. This is why I am here, to learn. JJ actually used a "Cattle Trough" for a reservois. SSgrower

Morning @Moe.Red .was thinking about finishing up my natural farming recipe thread this weekend.will it save still, I saw something you posted about how stuff wouldn't save if it was done between now and when you finished system maintenance. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom