Red's Thread ~ All things Cannabis

Turned out like shit.

I tried to do the same thing Smoke does as a test - run neither sterile or live. Turns out for me, I can't get away with that and got irreparable root rot. I think the difference is the climate he lives in vs. me. I got armadillos and lizards, which he does not have. On the other hand, he has polar bears and a fat man in a sleigh.

So yeah, big bushes of plants which would have been an awesome yield, taken out at the knees. Broke my heart a little. Good thing I'm not hurting for bud.

Interesting thing is the Imperium X seemed to be the worst by far - like it started there and spread. The Mac Dragon was almost unaffected. The others were in the middle. I know Jeff breeds for mold resistance, seems to potentially work for pythium resistance too. Can't call that for sure on a sample of one grow, just found it interesting.

I've gone probably 7 or 8 years without root rot. Back to doing it the way I used to. Lemme find a pic...

that sucks to hear Moe, but it was only an experiment. and you learned some things so not all wasted.

i have a feeling your next round will be a monster rebound!!

that sucks to hear Moe, but it was only an experiment. and you learned some things so not all wasted.

i have a feeling your next round will be a monster rebound!!
RN taking a break. Lots in life keeping me super busy. Should settle down by mid-summer I hope, and I'm giving myself a mulligan and doing the grow over. I knew I was taking a risk it's on me. I can't tell you how many plants I have sacrificed FOR SCIENCE!

So many seeds, so little time...

What genetics you thinking of running after your break moe .you still doing any tissue culture..I was interested in having a go but boy it’s not cheap to do,nor do I have a lab lol..

Yea interested to see what ya got up the sleeve for sure. I got some pretty good shit I just pulled down, some doesn't hit the mark for sure but man...if I ever get a minute and you ever get a minute we should link up, I'll get that light out your way and bring ya some buds

What genetics you thinking of running after your break moe .you still doing any tissue culture..I was interested in having a go but boy it’s not cheap to do,nor do I have a lab lol..
I'm redoing my 2nd floor right now. ATM, I have one of the bathrooms stripped down to the studs. Once I'm done with this project, I'll be starting up the grow again. Probably August.

I'm not certain what I am growing yet, but I have a couple that I know will be in there. Gusher Runtz from OldSog is one. I've got some redbeards stuff, and a few others too. Actually, lets face it I have waaaay too many others and need to thin the seed herd a bit.

I'm also working with @Stoneyluv on a new curing rig that has a lot of promise. I really want to get that into this next grow too.

Yea interested to see what ya got up the sleeve for sure. I got some pretty good shit I just pulled down, some doesn't hit the mark for sure but man...if I ever get a minute and you ever get a minute we should link up, I'll get that light out your way and bring ya some buds
Any time man, just let me know. I can take the lght to work if that's easier for you.

I'm redoing my 2nd floor right now. ATM, I have one of the bathrooms stripped down to the studs. Once I'm done with this project, I'll be starting up the grow again. Probably August.

I'm not certain what I am growing yet, but I have a couple that I know will be in there. Gusher Runtz from OldSog is one. I've got some redbeards stuff, and a few others too. Actually, lets face it I have waaaay too many others and need to thin the seed herd a bit.

I'm also working with @Stoneyluv on a new curing rig that has a lot of promise. I really want to get that into this next grow too.
I do not envy you with the bathroom remodel. Last month I ripped up the carpet in my bathroom yes it had carpet in it, apparently Mr Furley from 3s company lived in this house before I bought it but I replaced the gross carpet in there with laminate flooring and I am possibly the most mechanically declined person you'll ever meet and it was a real chore cutting this stuff correctly and installing it around the toilet and tub and all that stuff. Now my project is replacing the carpet in the mud room/cats room since I bought way too much laminate flooring

that Oldsog gusher runtz sounds amazing. The haze that MDK grew that was nominated for the photo contest was my favorite plant in that contest, looking forward to seeing that one grown out

that Oldsog gusher runtz sounds amazing. The haze that MDK grew that was nominated for the photo contest was my favorite plant in that contest, looking forward to seeing that one grown out
It was a nice plant overall not a keeper though imo. Low terps on it, if it were louder it would check alot more boxes because that effects the buzz too....no doubt there's probably some fire in that line though.

He sent me a couple tester packs one being Durban Stomper S1 which he told me were very terpy throughout and these poisin mints which he said was potent throughout....I know some people say that pnw/Colorado Durban cut is very high in terpene %

It was a nice plant overall not a keeper though imo. Low terps on it, if it were louder it would check alot more boxes because that effects the buzz too....no doubt there's probably some fire in that line though.

He sent me a couple tester packs one being Durban Stomper S1 which he told me were very terpy throughout and these poisin mints which he said was potent throughout....I know some people say that pnw/Colorado Durban cut is very high in terpene %
I thought you did a fantastic job on that plant. I tend to grade differently than others, I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to dial in some of these haze strains so I appreciate the job you did. I have screwed up many sativas

I’ve grown it before and it was a crowd pleaser. Very up. I like it for when I got shit to do.

Happy to share cuts when I get going

I’ve grown it before and it was a crowd pleaser. Very up. I like it for when I got shit to do.

Happy to share cuts when I get going
Hopefully I’ll have a cut of this sour d hashplant to share soon. I have yet to successfully reveg a plant and I’m gonna give it my best shot next week after I harvest the rest of the mid level flowers I’m gonna keep all the lowers on and throw her back in the veg tent

Here are some pics so you can see how nasty it was
View attachment 63739View attachment 63740
Too bad I don't live closer to you.....actually, I don't know where you live but if you were close I coulda knock that out in a few hours with everything neatly tucked under the baseboards! When I float click flooring in bathrooms I usually remove the toilet unless the client wants me to leave it and cut around it. I don't like doing that but client is king.....usually! 😄

I got an ADA compliant shower stall I need to swap in to a double wide mobile home for a client next week.

Click floor I floated at the house.

Click floor install.jpg

Too bad I don't live closer to you.....actually, I don't know where you live but if you were close I coulda knock that out in a few hours with everything neatly tucked under the baseboards! When I float click flooring in bathrooms I usually remove the toilet unless the client wants me to leave it and cut around it. I don't like doing that but client is king.....usually! 😄

I got an ADA compliant shower stall I need to swap in to a double wide mobile home for a client next week.

Click floor I floated at the house.

View attachment 63759
yeah I'm a computer guy I have zero ability when it comes to stuff like this. My buddy came over and instantly made fun of me because the flooring wasn't staggered :ROFLMAO: he said it looked like a bunch of kids did it. I actually offered my neighbor an oz he's a contractor and does a lot of weed bartering fix up stuff for me, but he was all booked up and couldn't fit me in.

Hopefully I’ll have a cut of this sour d hashplant to share soon. I have yet to successfully reveg a plant and I’m gonna give it my best shot next week after I harvest the rest of the mid level flowers I’m gonna keep all the lowers on and throw her back in the veg tent
Get ready for a fugly plant for a minute. It'll do weird shit but it will sort itself out.

Get ready for a fugly plant for a minute. It'll do weird shit but it will sort itself out.
I have no idea what I wanna do with the medium though. It was grown in coco but I really don't wanna reveg a plant and keep as a mother in coco I was thinking about grabbing some soil and transplanting into soil so I don't have to water daily plus that way it might be easier to keep a mom

I have no idea what I wanna do with the medium though. It was grown in coco but I really don't wanna reveg a plant and keep as a mother in coco I was thinking about grabbing some soil and transplanting into soil so I don't have to water daily plus that way it might be easier to keep a mom
I'm not a soil guy, but that does sound like the easiest way.

How do you root the clones?

I'm not a soil guy, but that does sound like the easiest way.

How do you root the clones?
In the past I was using the floraflex rapid rooter plugs but I think I'm gonna invest in an aero cloner I haven't had good luck with the plugs I had to scrap two batches of clones in the past 3 months and lost 6 sunshine #4 clones that were sent to me and that was sad :(

In the past I was using the floraflex rapid rooter plugs but I think I'm gonna invest in an aero cloner I haven't had good luck with the plugs I had to scrap two batches of clones in the past 3 months and lost 6 sunshine #4 clones that were sent to me and that was sad :(
Sounds like you're having my kind of issues too, clones have been exhausting lately lol 😮‍💨

cloner go bad?
the issue I had was that I didn't have a spot to grow them that I could keep them in a proper environment. I tried putting them into the veg tent in my lung room but I had a flowering tent at week 7 and started dropping temps in the lung room and the clones were too cold. I have a similar problem with plants in veg because of this I need to move the veg tent into the basement or another room to control the environment better

cloner go bad?
Just same issues as before.
It's in environmental/ph/o2 issue

Embolism, Too high water temp, too low ambient temp, too low rh, low Dissolved Oxygen in the res, and over transpiration is what it's kinda been narrowed down to.
Aqua gave me a 6 or 8 point list of things to change and see what happens.

This time it happened once roots set so I'm thinking it's an o2/ph thing more than environmental but doesn't hurt to look at that too.

Took some photos today. Lots to do

IMG_4144.jpeg
IMG_4145.jpeg
IMG_4146.jpeg
IMG_4147.jpeg
That’s the bathroom today. Busted pipe from a freeze and I see why. Going back in with 3/4 all the way and taking out the 1/2 except the sinks.

Then spray in insulation
IMG_4141.jpeg
Install shower
IMG_4149.jpeg
Shower doors
IMG_4150.jpeg

Then sinks
IMG_4143.jpeg
And doors I took to the shop where I put them in the paint booth all at once

IMG_4142.jpeg

The adjoining bedrooms are done waiting on flooring

IMG_4148.jpeg

Gonna tile the bathroom walls and float in a floor continuous for the whole second level.

Man I got shit to do.

Back
Top Bottom