The Newbie goes indoors

Kopper1013

Sept Raffle Winner!
Reaction score
Hey y’all!! Follow along as I try and figure out this indoor shit.

My equipment:
AC infinity 5x5 tent
6” AC infinity exhaust fan
Little ceramic heater
Big downstairs dehumidifier (will be controlling the whole room)
AC-CFT7 cloudforge T7 humidifier
Phlizon 6500 bar style led light
1 8” fan but I’ll be getting more when they need it

So far these girls where put in H202 on October 15 for 12 hours than the paper towel thing. Waited for tap roots then planted in 1/3 Fox farm ocean forest, 1/3 perlite and 1/3 coast of Maine.

They’ve been watered twice but don’t look good at all, maybe over watered but I’ve been trying to let them dry out. Like 7-9 days between waterings.

The twisted up girls had helmet head and required surgery but she’s cupping like the light is to bright. Unfortunately I can’t turn the light down any more or raise it🤦🏻‍♂️.

Lights are on 20hrs off for 4. This indoor adventure is totally new and I’ll need y’all’s help along the way so follow along as I F$ck this up 🤣
62F4D342-76DB-49CC-A693-AF623B9EB4B5.jpegCDE7CC1B-C102-4ED4-B6E8-2FCCFAD8E62E.jpegD8F998B3-8C69-4212-93F7-E8035C68C778.jpeg3403CD5F-E20B-47B5-9D4A-AA8D1E1AAD99.jpeg

Just apply all the outdoor techniques you know as far the actual health of the plant. I'm sure you've had a few questionable seed pops that went on to grow some monster green. With the setup you have I have no doubt that you'll be producing some killer weed. I think you'll also start to appreciate not having to battle bugs and the weather!! 😁

Definitely following along......

In on this grow.
Have you started seeds in this soils combo before?
Seems a little hot as a guess.

In on this grow.
Have you started seeds in this soils combo before?
Seems a little hot as a guess.
No I haven’t, I’ve been wanting to try coast of Maine but they didn’t have the specific one I wanted (had less n and stuff) so that’s why I cut it with the FFOF. I’ve only ever used FFOF.
So you don’t think they look over watered?

🤷‍♂️
I think almost every seedling I see is overwatered..🤷‍♂️ The trays say you have flooded them. I water minimally in the beginning. Small plants have low requirements.
I really make mine wait so they don't get leggy. Yours don't look leggy.
Since you can't raise or dim your light I would go to 18 hours.

There are like 20 kinds of COM.
I use seed starter for my seeds and Stonington for plants.

It actually worked really well when I was starting my outdoor girls but these ladies really don’t like it or something else in the mix
After I transplant my clones into solos I like to bottom water so that I know all the media is saturated.

Ok soooooo these girls literally haven’t grown since Saturday when I took pictures and their lower leaves are basically dying/dead🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m afraid to water but they look like they need it… do they need nutrients? I figured the COM and FFOF would carry them a few weeks…

AD0ED134-EE73-4011-B688-8FF9346ECE31.jpegFB06454C-DD59-4906-B8DF-25A911951792.jpegFA3E2E68-916C-4509-A9BD-2E6AA3422DD8.jpeg

No I haven’t, I’ve been wanting to try coast of Maine but they didn’t have the specific one I wanted (had less n and stuff) so that’s why I cut it with the FFOF. I’ve only ever used FFOF.
Welcome to the best Dojo on the net. Is that Coast of Maine "Seed Starter" soil?

I think I would make a light dose of ferts and water.
I would water feed them lightly tomorrow.
Keep your eye on new growth for now.
The leaves suffering now don't matter if you have good new growth.

Welcome to the best Dojo on the net. Is that Coast of Maine "Seed Starter" soil?
No the COM is their Castine blend

I think I would make a light dose of ferts and water.
I would water feed them lightly tomorrow.
Keep your eye on new growth for now.
The leaves suffering now don't matter if you have good new growth.
Like a 1/4 or 1/2 a regular feed?

1/2 dose and not a lot of water.
Not trying to flood the cup or have ANY run off at this point.

Hey y’all been awhile since I updated.
The girls where pretty sad so I got out my smaller light and cut that down to 35%. I’ve continued 1/2 feeding and bottom watering/feeding. Letting them start to droop before watering.
The smaller girl somehow got topped🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ Not sure if it was from the helmet head or the problems early on.
This week I did bump the light up to 50% since they seem happy and am keeping it a steady 18” away.
Probably gonna think about up potting end of the week or early next.
The taller girl looks ready to top and second biggest needs the next set of leaves to come up? Correct??? 5 full sets before topping? They’ll be getting SCROG’d eventually.
Gonna add the fan tonight and just tickle them for now.
Have yet to actually set up the tent, just the light and fan now.
2F289007-789A-4F3F-A775-56729ED97782.jpeg211959D3-CC4F-4C12-B198-3783433486F5.jpeg957268C1-C453-413E-BF5D-013BA6E0CD5B.jpeg007E9420-997D-4462-AD22-9AF197A6E34E.jpeg

Ok girls where up potted today!

Question: What deficiency does this appear to be? Or is is something else?

All the girls have it whatever “it” is. They’re still getting half feedings of General Hydroponics MaxiGrow… not use to having to feed till much later when FFOF is in the mix
884B38C2-405A-4C3F-A474-2D07F77B2A5E.jpeg74C9ACD5-A331-432D-BF22-C4F6C02E5C3A.jpegF0A31C7E-9AC2-4892-AD1F-A55F496208BB.jpeg04F63B8D-4829-4488-A06E-7C15EB15BBFC.jpeg

I would up your feed a litle.
Are you adding Mg?

Transplant shock. Back off the light a little and water in some Hormex or Superthrive. They should bounce back in a few days.

Those runoff plates aren't going to be able to contain much runoff! 😄

Hey y’all!! Follow along as I try and figure out this indoor shit.

My equipment:
AC infinity 5x5 tent
6” AC infinity exhaust fan
Little ceramic heater
Big downstairs dehumidifier (will be controlling the whole room)
AC-CFT7 cloudforge T7 humidifier
Phlizon 6500 bar style led light
1 8” fan but I’ll be getting more when they need it

So far these girls where put in H202 on October 15 for 12 hours than the paper towel thing. Waited for tap roots then planted in 1/3 Fox farm ocean forest, 1/3 perlite and 1/3 coast of Maine.

They’ve been watered twice but don’t look good at all, maybe over watered but I’ve been trying to let them dry out. Like 7-9 days between waterings.

The twisted up girls had helmet head and required surgery but she’s cupping like the light is to bright. Unfortunately I can’t turn the light down any more or raise it🤦🏻‍♂️.
You just adjust DLI then, by reducing light hours, 30mins-1 hour increments till they are perking or flat.

Lights are on 20hrs off for 4. This indoor adventure is totally new and I’ll need y’all’s help along the way so follow along as I F$ck this up 🤣
View attachment 29737View attachment 29738

They were

Transplant shock. Back off the light a little and water in some Hormex or Superthrive. They should bounce back in a few days.

Those runoff plates aren't going to be able to contain much runoff! 😄
The color issue came before transplant, they’re drooping cause I let them dry way back before transplanting…the plates are small 🤣🤣 I have saucers coming

I would up your feed a litle.
Are you adding Mg?
Ive been only using the MaxiBloom which has Mg in it…
D351052C-FFFC-47B9-BE3C-A59CB7BA13F1.png
This product seemed like a one step product outdoors this year but I know all plants are individuals and need different things…. Maybe moving to a full feeding will make the difference?

The color issue came before transplant, they’re drooping cause I let them dry way back before transplanting…the plates are small 🤣🤣 I have saucers coming

Ive been only using the MaxiBloom which has Mg in it…
View attachment 33147
This product seemed like a one step product outdoors this year but I know all plants are individuals and need different things…. Maybe moving to a full feeding will make the difference?
i can not say for certain at the moment, but 2% mG in coco + under LED MAY be a little on the LOW side, or anyways.

but i see you are in basically Soil...going through the thread now.

do you mean pot size? I think 2gal if you’re talking after watering weight I have no idea they just went in today😬😬
one simple easy way to know when time to water besides catching them drooping, is the weight of the pot, when you lift it up it should feel very light, then lightly water.

watering methodology is crucial

do you mean pot size? I think 2gal if you’re talking after watering weight I have no idea they just went in today😬😬
I have a good idea why you are having problems with the plants. I started by looking at all of your pictures and everyone of them the soil is very moist. Those moisture meters do not really work. I would suggest as noted above, lift the pot and when the pot is really light water the plants.
If you do not allow for proper dry backs the plant is basically drowning. The roots need water but they also need Oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom