My well water is around 125ppm......its just this chart that made me start using Cal/mag...it shows at week 3 in flower its needed as much as everything else but before that it shows its not needed.... To any great extent...I think the GH nutes 3 part must have some trace amounts in it if its required and their 3 part is considered a full line. Otherwise I'd think deficiency complaints would be common.View attachment 10082
Interesting about the calmag needs in flower, i thought it was reveresed. More calmag needed in veg vs flower. Go figure wtf do i know lol.

Interesting about the calmag needs in flower, i thought it was reveresed. More calmag needed in veg vs flower. Go figure wtf do i know lol.
I can post some pics if you want but the calcium def 2 weeks into flower is probably the number one easily spotted and preventable nute issue for us hydro growers.

I start day one with cal-mag too. But ramps up before the flip and then for about 3 weeks in. Start to back it down once flowers start forming.

I would be careful of using both cal mag and Epsom salt. I think you need the right ratio of cal and mag for it to work properly.

1687817551725.png

That's Mulder's chart. You would think Cal and Mag are 2 peas in a pod, but they actually fight each other. If you get them out of balance, both will suffer.

My knowledge is all hydro so take it for what it is worth.

I can post some pics if you want but the calcium def 2 weeks into flower is probably the number one easily spotted and preventable nute issue for us hydro growers.

I start day one with cal-mag too. But ramps up before the flip and then for about 3 weeks in. Start to back it down once flowers start forming.

I would be careful of using both cal mag and Epsom salt. I think you need the right ratio of cal and mag for it to work properly.

View attachment 10115

That's Mulder's chart. You would think Cal and Mag are 2 peas in a pod, but they actually fight each other. If you get them out of balance, both will suffer.

You start with cal/mag but are you using well water or RO? I think with trace amount in my well water adding cal/mag early has stunted my plants with too much calcium locking out the mag turning my stalks purple. At least that was the diagnoses,

Reading this and becoming more aware of these issues I can see my reveg looking like it needs something...its 6 months old 3 weeks into flower in soil and I'll start adding cal/mag next feed ( 2 days) .....I think I'm a bit behind with it and should have given her a drink of it earlier.

You start with cal/mag but are you using well water or RO? I think with trace amount in my well water adding cal/mag early has stunted my plants with too much calcium locking out the mag turning my stalks purple. At least that was the diagnoses,

Reading this and becoming more aware of these issues I can see my reveg looking like it needs something...its 6 months old 3 weeks into flower in soil and I'll start adding cal/mag next feed ( 2 days) .....I think I'm a bit behind with it and should have given her a drink of it earlier.
If you have access to RO water you can mix up some salts with added cal mag and see if it fixes the problem. Then you'll know what it was and you'll be able to continue whatever method you're doing knowing how to approach it.

View attachment 10115

Sup! I was looking for something exactly like that chart, thanks bro. I knew certain nutrients lock out others but didnt know how to visualize it.

Are you using RO water with your hydro? My well water is around 40ppm.
So tomorrow marks the beginning of week 8 for me. Im still using 8ml of calimagic, but have been trying to figure out if/when to stop using it.

You say you back the calmag down once flowers form, do you cut it out entirely or run it until harvest?

And yeah man i wanna use that epsom for the sulphur (terps) but not 100% sure how to incorporate it into my mix. I was planning on cutting my calmag in half and adding epsom at .5g per gallon. Should i just cut out the calmag when i start using the epsom?

I plan to start cutting my ppm's last two weeks of flower, ending with like 250ppm last week of flower, then flush for a couple days (just to test cuz i didnt flush last time and my ash was blackwr than when i flushed before, so not sure. Might just flush one and run one plant with low ppm's till harvest and test). Expecting 10-11 total weeks total flower time.

I veg bigger plants 7 to 8 weeks and find calcium often is lacking in veg too.
Yeah in veg i learned i need at least 3ml per gallon of calimagic to not have any mag def. I also find that if my lights arent on strong enough they have mag def no matter what recipe i give them. I think its cuz the plants cant uptake certain nutrients without enough light so there is lockout somewhere? Not sure but it makes sense enough for now lol

Your well being 40ppm is basically equal to RO for most.
I would assume whatever it is that makes up 40 is insignificant as far as feedings go.
I would do your mixes with 40 being zero in my mind and mix to your chosen number plus the 40.

I have found with LEDS that mag deficiencies are common, but easily managed.
I would to have separate Ca and Mg.
My experience is Mg is needed to be supplemented more often than CA so adding both is not always better.

Do you run calmag to harvest or do you cut it out during ripening? Nice Bluelab Guardian, would be so awesome to see a live reading of my res any given moment.
I only grow 2 crops a year so only on my 2nd crop will i limit calmag because my rez supplys both rooms for top up (rez is 3ml/gal cal mag). I add nutrients daily to the epicenter and will adjust calmag accordingly for what i think the plant wants/needs. I'm usually wrong lol.
So tomorrow marks the beginning of week 8 for me. Im still using 8ml of calimagic, but have been trying to figure out if/when to stop using it.
8 ml per gal would be extremely high to finnish with imo, half my grows i finnish using 3 ml per gal.

Cal/mag usage is a tough one for me always has bean.

Basically calcium doesn't like anything and doesn't mix well with anything including magnesium

As Steamroller above just mentioned LED lighting is above my pay scale.

I would assume whatever it is that makes up 40 is insignificant as far as feedings go.
I would do your mixes with 40 being zero in my mind and mix to your chosen number plus the 40.

My experience is Mg is needed to be supplemented more often than CA so adding both is not always better.
Do you mean I'd have to seperate the cal/mag to use both calimagic and epsom together? Unfortunately right now I only got the calimagic and flora trio so can't seperate cal and mag.

And yeah man 40ppm is negligible I guess. I could probably go a bit higher with the calmag in veg as I still had a little mag def here in there. Like you said LED's seem to give more mag def. I wonder what spectrum LED's are missing that causes this mag deficiency? THere's probably a chart somewhere that shows it.

I only grow 2 crops a year so only on my 2nd crop will i limit calmag because my rez supplys both rooms for top up (rez is 3ml/gal cal mag). I add nutrients daily to the epicenter and will adjust calmag accordingly for what i think the plant wants/needs. I'm usually wrong lol.

8 ml per gal would be extremely high to finnish with imo, half my grows i finnish using 3 ml per gal.

Basically calcium doesn't like anything and doesn't mix well with anything including magnesium

Word, two seperate crops then at once? That's actually cool because if one room, God forbid, get hermie or pm or some shite, the other spot might not be affected.

Yeah I noticed on that Mulder chart that Moe posted that Calcium doesn't get along with anything lol. Like wtf Calcium, if we didn't need you you'd be OUTTA here :p.

You using RO? My well runs 40ppmish so i have to run some kind of mag supplement till the end i think.

@Aqua Man sorry to bombard you with questions lol. I think i already asked you this but i cant find/remeber your answer. Should i add the same amount of calimagic when i use the epsom salt since it has magnesium? Or should i cut the amount of calimagic in half and taper it out like Pipecarver is doing?
with RO especially supplemental cal mg is really needed as typically the water supply has some ppms of cal in it, obviously with the ro there wont be much left

Do you mean I'd have to seperate the cal/mag to use both calimagic and epsom together? Unfortunately right now I only got the calimagic and flora trio so can't seperate cal and mag.

And yeah man 40ppm is negligible I guess. I could probably go a bit higher with the calmag in veg as I still had a little mag def here in there. Like you said LED's seem to give more mag def. I wonder what spectrum LED's are missing that causes this mag deficiency? THere's probably a chart somewhere that shows it.
I just made a trip last night for epsom. I've been using the gh trio with their calmag, but i've been noticing what, to me, looked like a mag deficiency. I had environmental problems as well, but we remedied those and I dosed her with epsom regardless. I didn't want to add any more calmag. That chart wigged me out too. What's up calcium?

Word, two seperate crops then at once? That's actually cool because if one room, God forbid, get hermie or pm or some shite, the other spot might not be affected.

Yeah I noticed on that Mulder chart that Moe posted that Calcium doesn't get along with anything lol. Like wtf Calcium, if we didn't need you you'd be OUTTA here :p.
Sorry, my 2 grows a year happen back not at the same time

I just made a trip last night for epsom. I've been using the gh trio with their calmag, but i've been noticing what, to me, looked like a mag deficiency. I had environmental problems as well, but we remedied those and I dosed her with epsom regardless. I didn't want to add any more calmag. That chart wigged me out too. What's up calcium?
Yeah ive done roliar sprays of epsom when i see mag def, seems to work well. Epsom has sulphur so better for terps too :p

with RO especially supplemental cal mg is really needed as typically the water supply has some ppms of cal in it, obviously with the ro there wont be much left
Funny enough i measured the ppm's of my well water and im at 90ppm. I dont know where i was getting 40ppm lol. Still 90ppm aint bad but might be enough calmag in there to run epsom salt and nix the calimagic end of flower.

I just tested my water and its actually 90ppm not 40 (500 scale) lol. Stoner moment. With 8ml of calimagic im at 234ppm.

I should clarify this is 8ml in a 4 gallon res. So 2ml per gallon of calmag. Thinking of running 2ml per gallon till week 9 then cutting calmag and using epsom salt instead for the mag. I figure the base nutes have enough calcium in them for the last two weeks. Going for 10-11 weeks of flower.

Hello All! I am gonna be sharing my grow's on here, as well as my musings whilst smoking doob's. Feel free to follow along as I learn to grow the dank, listen to some tunes and shoot the sh!t with you all.
Here are some shots from my past grow. I will post my current run later this evening.
View attachment 1359View attachment 1360View attachment 1362View attachment 1365View attachment 1366View attachment 1368View attachment 1370View attachment 1369View attachment 1371View attachment 1372View attachment 1373View attachment 1358View attachment 1367
Is that the floraflex system

So i havent shown any photos of the Kings Juice because honestly the other two plants have dominated the scrog. However what it lacks in yield it more than makes up for in terps and frostiness. She veg's like crap but ddddddddaaaaaamn she smells like a cup of pina colada that has been sitting out for a couple hours at room temp lol. I will keep her alive and hopefully her bud tastes awesome as it smells. Greenhouse seed co @Coco Lopez if you got these beans pop em soon this strain looks like a winner so far :D2CE042DC-0E3E-41D9-B904-2BE91212519E.jpegCE97CF49-6885-48FA-9369-AF5B9E086C27.jpegC7A75626-C900-488B-89F8-24857A53EC7C.jpeg

Yup they are the 2 gallon floraflex pots. I usually use the bubbler too but ive been hand watering this round. Love the floraflex system though, especially on a lil drip table on buckets its easy af.
I'm going to use the Matrix plates in place of my water rings. Are you using them? If so how do you like them? I'll be watering with mixed salt ferts so I'm curious if the salt buildup will be an issue dripping through the small holes in the plates.

I'm going to use the Matrix plates in place of my water rings. Are you using them? If so how do you like them? I'll be watering with mixed salt ferts so I'm curious if the salt buildup will be an issue dripping through the small holes in the plates.
The matrix system looks pretty cool, i dont think the salt buildup would be and issue cuz your constantly washing away the old salt with nutrients every few hours. Though the holes look pretty tiny, so I'll be interested to see how it works for you.

I went with the flora cap 2.0 system because its what they had at the grow store at the time. Really happy with it though, works really well with the bubbler as well as for handwatering, nice and even water distribution. Also the pots are really good, tons of drainage. What nutrient line are you gonna feed em with?

View attachment 10115

Now we talking..I've been showing this chart for years.. balance us key...

So true. I said it before but I'll say it again. One of the things I've learned growing is that usually the problem isn't a deficiency so much as an imbalance. I've seen people dump nutes into their soil only to see things get worse. They don't realiaze that whatever they're putting in is being antagonistic to what they are "deficient" in. It's not that it's not in the soil so much as it's being antagonized by another ion and not being taken up by the plant.

The matrix system looks pretty cool, i dont think the salt buildup would be and issue cuz your constantly washing away the old salt with nutrients every few hours. Though the holes look pretty tiny, so I'll be interested to see how it works for you.

I went with the flora cap 2.0 system because its what they had at the grow store at the time. Really happy with it though, works really well with the bubbler as well as for handwatering, nice and even water distribution. Also the pots are really good, tons of drainage. What nutrient line are you gonna feed em with?
I'll stick with my FloraNova nutes for now. I've used salt nutes the most so I have a decent amount of control I can exert with them whenever something is out of wack.

Back
Top Bottom