hey there @ZombieRider looks like you got things under control on your grow. hope it's some primo weed.
Whats up homie, under control is an overstatement lol. More like "living on the edge" of ideal vpd lol. Hoping its primo weed too, really goijg for flavor above all else so trying to get the ideal npk ratios to not give em too much n during flower.
Got a light box built from cardboard that will let me run my window ac at night. Been having higher temps at night cuz i cant run the ac cuz if its light, so hopefully i fixed that.

What about you man what you got growing on?

Whats up homie, under control is an overstatement lol. More like "living on the edge" of ideal vpd lol. Hoping its primo weed too, really goijg for flavor above all else so trying to get the ideal npk ratios to not give em too much n during flower.
Got a light box built from cardboard that will let me run my window ac at night. Been having higher temps at night cuz i cant run the ac cuz if its light, so hopefully i fixed that.

What about you man what you got growing on?
i had 2 plants going at the beginning of the year and i was travelling a lot and my step daughter was supposed to look after them and did something cause it went to hell real quick lol. i didn't have time to nurse them so i lost them both. i am going to pop a few SLH beans and see how those go. i need to clean out my grow tent thoroughly before i put some new plants in there.

i had 2 plants going at the beginning of the year and i was travelling a lot and my step daughter was supposed to look after them and did something cause it went to hell real quick lol. i didn't have time to nurse them so i lost them both. i am going to pop a few SLH beans and see how those go. i need to clean out my grow tent thoroughly before i put some new plants in there.
Yeah man its hard to go somewhere and have people tke care of the plants for you cuz they mean well but they usually mess SOMETHING up lol. Last time i did this was my super lemon haze grow. I left for a couple weeks and my plants suffered cuz of it. Oh well, we live and learn. Though there are lots of methods to keep everything no input for weeks at a time. Maybe living soil and preload the soil with ammendments before a trip. Also, getting your environment dialed to where its hands free 24/7 + care free growing method + auto water then its easy for someone to check on em and not fk it up lol.

Cant wait to see your SLH grow, are you in soil or coco or rdwc? Shoot me a link to your thread if you can.

Yeah man its hard to go somewhere and have people tke care of the plants for you cuz they mean well but they usually mess SOMETHING up lol. Last time i did this was my super lemon haze grow. I left for a couple weeks and my plants suffered cuz of it. Oh well, we live and learn. Though there are lots of methods to keep everything no input for weeks at a time. Maybe living soil and preload the soil with ammendments before a trip. Also, getting your environment dialed to where its hands free 24/7 + care free growing method + auto water then its easy for someone to check on em and not fk it up lol.

Cant wait to see your SLH grow, are you in soil or coco or rdwc? Shoot me a link to your thread if you can.
Yeah most likely soil. But looking at rdwc set up.

Yeah most likely soil. But looking at rdwc set up.
What makes you consider rdwc vs drain to waste in coco? I see Moe Red using rdwc (he's doing soil now too i think). Doesnt rdwc require lots of equipment and ya gotta keep res chilled? Seems like more work than coco but i dont know for sure. Would like to see a side by side pro's and cons of rdwc vs dtw.

So im thinking of altering my npk a little bit since im in late flower, so i wanna give em less N and more P & K since im reading that a 1-3-2 ratio is good fr late flower. Im currently feeding them 1-1.5-2 ( if im calculating correctly. I multiply volume of nutrient by each npk number, then divide the three numbers by the lowest one). Probably totally fkn wrong lmao.

@Moe.Red @Aqua Man : am i calculating my npk correctly? Does this late bloom recipe seem unbalanced? Im reading that a phosphorous dominant ratio is ideal for late flower. You said i could run my 11-6-20 till harvest but i like to complicate things lmao.

4 gallon res:
10ml micro (5-0-1)
2ml Grow (2-1-6)
26 bloom (0-5-4)

So my random-ass calculations give me an npk ratio of 1-2.4-2.3. Feel free to laugh at my social science math lol.

What makes you consider rdwc vs drain to waste in coco? I see Moe Red using rdwc (he's doing soil now too i think). Doesnt rdwc require lots of equipment and ya gotta keep res chilled? Seems like more work than coco but i dont know for sure. Would like to see a side by side pro's and cons of rdwc vs dtw.
RDWC requires more initial setup and cost. Then it seems easier to me overall, and the results are apparently higher yields. I'm putting that to the test now.

RDWC can be made pretty simply too. A couple of buckets and a pump with a little piping. You can certainly go all out, but not needed to get started.

If you need help with plans tag me in @Neueregel

So im thinking of altering my npk a little bit since im in late flower, so i wanna give em less N and more P & K since im reading that a 1-3-2 ratio is good fr late flower. Im currently feeding them 1-1.5-2 ( if im calculating correctly. I multiply volume of nutrient by each npk number, then divide the three numbers by the lowest one). Probably totally fkn wrong lmao.

@Moe.Red @Aqua Man : am i calculating my npk correctly? Does this late bloom recipe seem unbalanced? Im reading that a phosphorous dominant ratio is ideal for late flower. You said i could run my 11-6-20 till harvest but i like to complicate things lmao.

4 gallon res:
10ml micro (5-0-1)
2ml Grow (2-1-6)
26 bloom (0-5-4)

So my random-ass calculations give me an npk ratio of 1-2.4-2.3. Feel free to laugh at my social science math lol.
Looking at your last plant pics, I would say you are in good shape.

I honestly do not follow any prescribed recipe. I use them as a starting point, and adjust from there. Different plants, different needs.

Dropping N in the last couple weeks is a good thing.

Are you using potassium silicate or anything like that? Those sorts of buffers will increase potassium.

I'd like to wait for @Aqua Man but I know he has been busy lately. If he is not available, I'd be a little cautious about 10:2:26 if I am reading you right. Seems very heavy on the bloom to me.

Are you adding anything else at all?

Agree stay the course man. High P in late flower, you sure you didn’t mean K? Not for me and your ratios look good and I wouldn’t change em. I agree with @moe 100%

RDWC requires more initial setup and cost. Then it seems easier to me overall, and the results are apparently higher yields. I'm putting that to the test now.

RDWC can be made pretty simply too. A couple of buckets and a pump with a little piping. You can certainly go all out, but not needed to get started.

Whether RWC - Ebb and flow or full on hydroponics in tents are a set up for bud rot, with so much moisture in and around the pots I see this as a number 1 issue. Specially like me in an already damp basement........Its not a killer but its definitely something that needs to be addressed early. If you don't have a good dehue or 2, I'd think soil a safer grow method

Whether RWC - Ebb and flow or full on hydroponics in tents are a set up for bud rot, with so much moisture in and around the pots I see this as a number 1 issue. Specially like me in an already damp basement........Its not a killer but its definitely something that needs to be addressed early. If you don't have a good dehue or 2, I'd think soil a safer grow method
Fair point. To get the best results no matter what your grow style, environmental factors need to be in the range, if not completely under control.

RDWC does not contribute directly to more RH - the pots are all sealed up. What does is higher respiration from a plant that grows faster and larger. That can be mitigated somewhat by defol and training. But yes, if you are going to run plants faster and larger, that means more water vapor will be released by the leaves during daytime hours.

Looking forward to seeing the results of the rdwc test. Im down for trying it if its easier than coco and higher yields as you say.

Looking at your last plant pics, I would say you are in good shape.

I honestly do not follow any prescribed recipe. I use them as a starting point, and adjust from there. Different plants, different needs.

Dropping N in the last couple weeks is a good thing.

Are you using potassium silicate or anything like that? Those sorts of buffers will increase potassium.

I'd like to wait for @Aqua Man but I know he has been busy lately. If he is not available, I'd be a little cautious about 10:2:26 if I am reading you right. Seems very heavy on the bloom to me.

Are you adding anything else at all?
Gotcha bro thanks for breaking this down for me. I do see some senecense in some of the plants so it seems like they dont have too much N. Will run this ratio then until last couple weeks where i plan to add the epsom salt.

Im not running potassium silicate (is that like admor si?).

Im also still adding a bit of diamond nectar as it has pk so i figured it wont hurt right?

One question from that:

When you say its good to lower N last couple weeks, would running calimagic + epsom salt + flora bloom be a good ripening mix, or should i just stick with the recipe im using now and just dilute it until end of ripen/flush?

Agree stay the course man. High P in late flower, you sure you didn’t mean K? Not for me and your ratios look good and I wouldn’t change em. I agree with @moe 100%
I saw rhat some people recommend a 1-3-2 in late flower so i thoght the middle number what phosphorous right?

With the humidity levels in Virginia and my grow area not being spray foam insulated, the rh from rdwc kinda scares me now lol. Maybe when i get an insulated room with CO2 setup I'll try rdwc cuz of the rh issue.

To avoid confusion heres what i use:
4 gallon res: 40ppm well water
8ml calimagic
11ml flora micro
6ml flora grow
20ml Flora bloom
10ml diamond nectar
Yucca: saponin
Great white: microbes

Comes out to 5.9 PH and 585ppm

Fair point. To get the best results no matter what your grow style, environmental factors need to be in the range, if not completely under control.

RDWC does not contribute directly to more RH - the pots are all sealed up. What does is higher respiration from a plant that grows faster and larger. That can be mitigated somewhat by defol and training. But yes, if you are going to run plants faster and larger, that means more water vapor will be released by the leaves during daytime hours.
Boy oh boy don't i know this with my 6x6 canopy with no lollipopping and not enough defol. Its like wind city in there though and with my dehu i am keeping it in good rh range. Though having a res in there would add to the rh IF its not sealed 100% right?

So i went in my grow room this morning to check for light leaks (just built a light proof box around my window ac to run it at night cuz my dehu heats up room) and saw that the "light proof box" was leaking some light (sunrise at 6am so they had 2hr 41min of light leak). Gonna fix the light leak with some ducting. The thing looks like a cardboard monster with ducting coming out lol.

Anyway, was thinking of turning off the light a couple hours earlier today to make sure they dont get too many light hours and continue their normal schedule tomorrow. Or should i just keep normal schedule and not worry bout it?

To avoid confusion heres what i use:
4 gallon res: 40ppm well water
8ml calimagic
11ml flora micro
6ml flora grow
20ml Flora bloom
10ml diamond nectar
Yucca: saponin
Great white: microbes

Comes out to 5.9 PH and 585ppm
Just as a comparison in my Auto Pots...an ebb and flow type system with a 47L reservoir I'd add 3 gal to the res at a time 1 week into flowering...All GH products

15 ml micro
15ml grow
17ml bloom
12ml Diamond Nectar
3 ml Hyclean

Week3
15ml micro
15ml grow
30 ml bloom
15ml Cal/ Mag
12,l Diamond nectar
3 ml Hyclean

Week 4
12ml micro
12ml grow
30ml bloom
1/3tsp dry Kool Bloom
15ml Cal/mag
12ml DN
3ml Hyclean

Week 7
9ml micro
9ml grow
18ml bloom
9ml cal/mag
9ml DN
3ml Hyclean

Week 8
6ml micro
6ml grow/
9ml bloom
6 ml DN
3ml Hyclean

I saw rhat some people recommend a 1-3-2 in late flower so i thoght the middle number what phosphorous right?
Yeah it is but P is more needed in later veg and through stretch imo. By needed i mean feed wise not plant usage wise as the plant will accumulate it for use in flower. Its still needed but not as much feed wise mid to late flower imo. Its a mobile nutrient so it will pull it from lower leaves if needed. Imo mobile nutrients are less crucial and less impactful as they can usually be remedied fairly quickly. To much P is of more danger than to little imo for that reason.

A plant need adequate nutrients and more of it doesn’t make any improvement but rather a detriment much like a deficiency but from those both i would rather have a deficiency than a toxicity in terms of correcting the issue. A P issue is usually an availability thing

So i went in my grow room this morning to check for light leaks (just built a light proof box around my window ac to run it at night cuz my dehu heats up room) and saw that the "light proof box" was leaking some light (sunrise at 6am so they had 2hr 41min of light leak). Gonna fix the light leak with some ducting. The thing looks like a cardboard monster with ducting coming out lol.

Anyway, was thinking of turning off the light a couple hours earlier today to make sure they dont get too many light hours and continue their normal schedule tomorrow. Or should i just keep normal schedule and not worry bout it?
Keep normal

Just as a comparison in my Auto Pots...an ebb and flow type system with a 47L reservoir I'd add 3 gal to the res at a time 1 week into flowering...All GH products

15 ml micro
15ml grow
17ml bloom
12ml Diamond Nectar
3 ml Hyclean

Week3
15ml micro
15ml grow
30 ml bloom
15ml Cal/ Mag
12,l Diamond nectar
3 ml Hyclean

Week 4
12ml micro
12ml grow
30ml bloom
1/3tsp dry Kool Bloom
15ml Cal/mag
12ml DN
3ml Hyclean

Week 7
9ml micro
9ml grow
18ml bloom
9ml cal/mag
9ml DN
3ml Hyclean

Week 8
6ml micro
6ml grow/
9ml bloom
6 ml DN
3ml Hyclean
Hell yeah good to see someone else's recipe for comparison. I notice your ratio's are pretty even throughout. For the stuff that you goby tsp vs ml, do you just go by the recommended dose or do you just add to a certain ppm?

Hell yeah good to see someone else's recipe for comparison. I notice your ratio's are pretty even throughout. For the stuff that you goby tsp vs ml, do you just go by the recommended dose or do you just add to a certain ppm?
Mostly from recommended feed schedule but there wasn't really a guide for the auto pots. I just went with what I'd been doing for soil and instead of a water cycle they just got more food and I start adding cal/mag week 3 off flower and taper it off at the end like the rest of the nutes.
Well with the Kool bloom it says 1/4 tsp per gal but in giving 3 gal at a time I gave it 1tsp for 3 gal so 1/3...just to bump it up a bit,,,

Mostly from recommended feed schedule but there wasn't really a guide for the auto pots. I just went with what I'd been doing for soil and instead of a water cycle they just got more food and I start adding cal/mag week 3 off flower and taper it off at the end like the rest of the nutes.

Well with the Kool bloom it says 1/4 tsp per gal but in giving 3 gal at a time I gave it 1tsp for 3 gal so 1/3...just to bump it up a bit,,,
You using RO? My well runs 40ppmish so i have to run some kind of mag supplement till the end i think.

@Aqua Man sorry to bombard you with questions lol. I think i already asked you this but i cant find/remeber your answer. Should i add the same amount of calimagic when i use the epsom salt since it has magnesium? Or should i cut the amount of calimagic in half and taper it out like Pipecarver is doing?

You using RO? My well runs 40ppmish so i have to run some kind of mag supplement till the end i think.

@Aqua Man sorry to bombard you with questions lol. I think i already asked you this but i cant find/remeber your answer. Should i add the same amount of calimagic when i use the epsom salt since it has magnesium? Or should i cut the amount of calimagic in half and taper it out like Pipecarver is doing?
My well water is around 125ppm......its just this chart that made me start using Cal/mag...it shows at week 3 in flower its needed as much as everything else but before that it shows its not needed.... To any great extent...I think the GH nutes 3 part must have some trace amounts in it if its required and their 3 part is considered a full line. Otherwise I'd think deficiency complaints would be common.1687805601586.png

Back
Top Bottom