Cement Shoes S1 by Universally Seeded in RDWC - Bud Builders

SweetLeafGrow

Student of Hydroponics
Staff member
Hydroponics Helper
Reaction score
I was originally going to run the Athena Silver Haze in the 5x5 but I took 4 snips from Toad and 3 of them did not make it so I had to come up with a plan B. Enter Cement Shoes seeds I just bought a couple of weeks ago.

I had been looking for some seeds for the strain Cement Shoes for a while but was unable to find them. I came across these S1's that came directly from the Cult Classic cut of Cement Shoes, where this clone was taken and reversed to produce pollen, then bred back onto a different clone from the same mother. As far as I can tell, this is a refined, feminized version of the real deal and super stoked to run me some Cement Shoes!

Soaked 4 seeds in 50/50 RO water and H2O2 for 24 hours, then into the vertical germinator. I didn't get any photos from this part but the germinators work flawlessly. I did have one seed tried to throw the root up but then it circled back downward, was not sure if this one would make it or not as part of the root had turned a tad bit brown and looked like it was starting to die when I took a peak. 24 hours in the system and not much change since I put them in there, I will take that as a good sign. Two of these already have a root showing out of the net pot, hopefully the other two won't be far behind.

Up an running for the next round of some super sedative medicine hopefully!

IMG_4129.jpegIMG_4126.jpeg

Dope I gifted some old cement shoes bagseed to someone at the farm who actually got them to go, I think he ended up with a male and a female and made some seed from what I saw last. Said he'd send me some wonder if they'll ever show up in the mail?

His plants had really broad leaves, it was potent smoke for sure

Cement Shoes is a rare slightly indica dominant hybrid strain (60% indica/40% sativa) created through a cross of the classic Animal Cookies 09 X OG Kush Breath X Wet Dream strains. If you're on the hunt for a super heavy body high that will leave you glued to your couch and immovable for hours on end, Cement Shoes is totally the medicine for you.

Cool. Hope you like it. I honestly had not heard of this, but it is also called concrete slippers, that one I had heard of.

Cement Shoes is a rare slightly indica dominant hybrid strain (60% indica/40% sativa) created through a cross of the classic Animal Cookies 09 X OG Kush Breath X Wet Dream strains. If you're on the hunt for a super heavy body high that will leave you glued to your couch and immovable for hours on end, Cement Shoes is totally the medicine for you.

Cool. Hope you like it. I honestly had not heard of this, but it is also called concrete slippers, that one I had heard of.
Yea, I think I heard about it from @CannaGranny and she had nothing but good to say about it so I went down that rabbit trail. The Mellow Fellow was actually the start of that because it has Cement Shoes as its daddy back when I could not find the original CS.

What's the deal with Cement Shoes? I'm guessing couch lock is what you were seeking?
I actually don’t get couch lock with it, but if you over indulged I could see that happening. It’s a heavy body stoning, a great mind relaxer and super heavy in anti inflammatory terps. Fantastic for peeps with arthritis.

I’ll post you some pics of the buds later 😍
I just grew it again. Not many make back to back grows in my grows, but this one has.
Downside to this stuff, is it stinks! About a three week period during flower that it smells like a skunk sprayed a bin full of over ripe rotten fruit!

I actually don’t get couch lock with it, but if you over indulged I could see that happening. It’s a heavy body stoning, a great mind relaxer and super heavy in anti inflammatory terps. Fantastic for peeps with arthritis.
My first love affair was Durban Poison.
Then I went full indica for several years. Bubba Kush was my go to.
Now I'm back to wanting up up up. Right now, I get that from Gusher Runtz by @Oldsog Love that stuff. My wife always asks me "who put a quarter in you?"

I got seedlings of that, Imperium X, Grapefruit Diesel, and Mac Dragon #7 going right now if anyone wants.

Yeah, I went through the Poison period. I was even blessed with the Landrace African strain. Hell to grow in a tent!
Have you tried the Bubba Fett, yet? One of my all time favs! One of the parents to it is your Bubba Kush. I’ve been after seeds of it for four years and have just landed some in the past two weeks.

Yeah, I went through the Poison period. I was even blessed with the Landrace African strain. Hell to grow in a tent!
Have you tried the Bubba Fett, yet? One of my all time favs! One of the parents to it is your Bubba Kush. I’ve been after seeds of it for four years and have just landed some in the past two weeks.
Nice, have not tried that. But Han Solo Death Cookies is always in a jar on my bench.

Star Wars geeks rule.

I need to get off SLG's thread lol. Sorry bro!

@SweetLeafGrow If you don’t mind me asking. How much does it cost to start a set up like that?
No trouble at all bro. You can buy this system ready to go, all you have to do is assemble it for $684 + shipping, which will be close to 100 most likely.

I wanted to save a few bucks so I pieced mine together but didn't really save much. All it did was get me a bunch of tubing and extra parts because you have to buy more than you need when you're doing it this way. It's all good cause I could use that extra tubing and stuff for sure but would probably just buy the system if I did it again. I also have two of the single site systems this guy sells, they work great and are not at a bad entry point cost wise, plus a good way to get your feet wet in RDWC. This 4 site system is definitely a bit of a challenge over the single site systems that do the same thing basically, just smaller.

No trouble at all bro. You can buy this system ready to go, all you have to do is assemble it for $684 + shipping, which will be close to 100 most likely.

I wanted to save a few bucks so I pieced mine together but didn't really save much. All it did was get me a bunch of tubing and extra parts because you have to buy more than you need when you're doing it this way. It's all good cause I could use that extra tubing and stuff for sure but would probably just buy the system if I did it again. I also have two of the single site systems this guy sells, they work great and are not at a bad entry point cost wise, plus a good way to get your feet wet in RDWC. This 4 site system is definitely a bit of a challenge over the single site systems that do the same thing basically, just smaller.
Thanx for the info. That’s way less than I was expecting. Definitely would like to try a single.

Cruising along here with the Cement Shoes, got one oddball pheno and one runt but she’s catching up. Can’t remember all the numbers but feeding under 300 iirr res has been pretty stable. Might do a scrog in there but not sure yet. All of them have been topped once and that’s all I’ve done to em.

IMG_4239.jpeg

I couldn’t get the scrog table last week because it was not finished yet. Picked it up on the way home today and better late than never, but they were wild when I got home!

Gave em a good haircut and got the scrog installed. We’ll see how long it takes to recover from what I did today 😅

Before and after-

IMG_4298.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

I couldn’t get the scrog table last week because it was not finished yet. Picked it up on the way home today and better late than never, but they were wild when I got home!

Gave em a good haircut and got the scrog installed. We’ll see how long it takes to recover from what I did today 😅

Before and after-

View attachment 47947

View attachment 47948
You are going to be surprised! 🥰

Where did you find this strain? Seeds or clones? Sounds interesting as I have arthritis in my back and love couch lock.
The first time I grew it, it came in a package from a friend. It has the name and a bin number on it. He did not recall where he got it from. I have one of those seeds left. The second time it was called Cement Shoes and came from Captain Redbeards seeds. Very similar in genetics.
Another one a lot like the Shoes is called Bubba Fett. I have been chasing that seed for over four years and just managed to buy some. I currently have it in veg, but will know after flower if it’s the real Bubba Fett.

Back
Top Bottom