Grump's Power Plant Grow.

Yeah, it's an art figuring out the right moisture level. I like to wait till the buds fell almost like a hop that's just on the cusp of ready for harvest. Kinda spongy, kinda crispy, with a little bit of bounce back when squeezed. I also don't crack stems that aren't right at the base of flowers because it doesn't make sense to me to check somewhere that's a distance from the center of the bud. A nice crack sound but maintaining the integrity of the stem is about primo ime.

Typically I'll shuck the buds into paper bags at that point and let em start to cure for another two weeks. After a day or two the exterior crunch will be gone and the buds will be spongy and sticky again as the moisture equalizes, and the temps will return in force by that point.
This is exactly how i do it every time. Plant has been hanging about 2 weeks now, tomorrow im gonna buck it all off into a paper bag and let it sit for 2 more weeks, then ill trim/jar it and smoke it as i want it.
I dont have time to cure for more than a couple weeks. Otherwise my wife spends money on weed that we didnt need to spend.

This is exactly how i do it every time. Plant has been hanging about 2 weeks now, tomorrow im gonna buck it all off into a paper bag and let it sit for 2 more weeks, then ill trim/jar it and smoke it as i want it.
I dont have time to cure for more than a couple weeks. Otherwise my wife spends money on weed that we didnt need to spend.
Yup, same boat here. Moving fucked up my cycles so she's been spending money on dispo shit but we'll be back on track after this harvest.

It's really a balancing act that you have to experience a few times before you really get the hang of it. @tobh explained it perfectly. Snap but not quite. Crispy but not quite. It's kind of 2 steps forward one step back. Dry it right to that edge then jar it so that you draw that moisture from the interior. Once you hit that equilibrium and you cure them a little more, I like to leave 'em for a couple weeks more just to get that peak flavor and taste and still get peak THC, you'll really enjoy how those flowers will change in complexity the deeper you smoke your way through your harvest.

It's really a balancing act that you have to experience a few times before you really get the hang of it. @tobh explained it perfectly. Snap but not quite. Crispy but not quite. It's kind of 2 steps forward one step back. Dry it right to that edge then jar it so that you draw that moisture from the interior. Once you hit that equilibrium and you cure them a little more, I like to leave 'em for a couple weeks more just to get that peak flavor and taste and still get peak THC, you'll really enjoy how those flowers will change in complexity the deeper you smoke your way through your harvest.
Halfway through trimming now... i'm guessing close to a half pound with plenty of trim to make into edibles and shit.

Halfway through trimming now... i'm guessing close to a half pound with plenty of trim to make into edibles and shit.
Couldn't get it all done because I grew a plant full of popcorn nugs 🤣

I pulled the remaining nugs from the stems and stuck 'em in some grove bags for now. I'll get to it tomorrow. Prolly another 2 or 3 hours worth of trimming. I've been at it for 7 hours already. I need bed.

Couldn't get it all done because I grew a plant full of popcorn nugs 🤣

I pulled the remaining nugs from the stems and stuck 'em in some grove bags for now. I'll get to it tomorrow. Prolly another 2 or 3 hours worth of trimming. I've been at it for 7 hours already. I need bed.
just wait till you start pulling more weight. you'll be wanting to outsource the trimming work because it. fucking. sucks. lol

I should be able to up the size of those nugs with a little more proactive defoliation, eh? I slacked a bit on trimming her up last time around. Reducing the number of colas would've probably helped, also.

Add those to the list of things I'll be doing differently this time around.

@smoke's advice to push her another week or so would've helped, too. Let her bulk up a bit more. I'll take that to heart this time around. Should've just listened to one of our masters. Trimming all these popcorn nugs is a PAIN.

I should be able to up the size of those nugs with a little more proactive defoliation, eh? I slacked a bit on trimming her up last time around. Reducing the number of colas would've probably helped, also.

@smoke's advice to push her another week or so would've helped, too. Let her bulk up a bit more. I'll take that to heart this time around. Should've just listened to one of our masters. Trimming all these popcorn nugs is a PAIN.
it depends on the system, but yes, heavy defoliation and eliminating anything that's not going to produce usable product early in flower would help bulk up and produce more uniform flower sets. allowing the plants to run slightly longer would help as well.

you'll get it down after a few grows. eventually you'll either figure out your own processes or you'll do like a lot of us and just toss anything that's not bag-worthy. when you're staring down a couple pounds of product to trim you'd rather not fuck with anything that's not appealing, and you'll have enough that tossing a couple ounces of larf and popcorn won't have a significant impact on overall yield.

it depends on the system, but yes, heavy defoliation and eliminating anything that's not going to produce usable product early in flower would help bulk up and produce more uniform flower sets. allowing the plants to run slightly longer would help as well.

you'll get it down after a few grows. eventually you'll either figure out your own processes or you'll do like a lot of us and just toss anything that's not bag-worthy. when you're staring down a couple pounds of product to trim you'd rather not fuck with anything that's not appealing, and you'll have enough that tossing a couple ounces of larf and popcorn won't have a significant impact on overall yield.
I used a basting brush to do the trimming and basically tossed anything too spacey for that technique into the trim pile. Gonna press a lot of it and make some butter with the rest. I got more nugs than the lady will be able to smoke before another harvest so we should be fine.
Nice..I’m going to jump on now..I never caught up on your last grow lol. 🪑
Haha. I noticed a couple times you filled my notifications with likes 20 pages back.

I have an obsessive urge to Schwazze my plant.

I have an obsessive urge to Schwazze my plant.
Had to look that one up.

Once I placed the SCROG screen, before I knew it, I added the second screen. After that, defoliating the lower screen was damn near impossible. Everything got so sticky so fast. I have some 10" scissors for this run. That'll help.

Last edited:
Hat to look that one up.

Once I placed the SCROG screen, before I knew it, I added the second screen. After that, defoliating the lower screen was damn near impossible. Everything got so sticky so fast. I have some 10" scissors for this run. That'll help.
Schwazze is taking so much leaves off that it doesn't look like it would help but the proponents claim it makes bugger buds. Like double by some claims. Not sure about that. I did try and schwazze my last plant and it didn't seem to hurt it. I will probably do an aggressive defol at 21 days of flower to clear the shade.

Had to look that one up.

I like scrog but it's hard to deal with the plant one its grow in. I will probably make one of those pvc string ones next grow

I like scrog but it's hard to deal with the plant one its grow in. I will probably make one of those pvc string ones next grow
Yeah and cutting the plant down was a PIA. I didn't smash it with the first screen like Granny does. I just wove everything and kept tucking. Everything was knotted up and grown together by the end.

Schwazze is taking so much leaves off that it doesn't look like it would help but the proponents claim it makes bugger buds. Like double by some claims. Not sure about that. I did try and schwazze my last plant and it didn't seem to hurt it. I will probably do an aggressive defol at 21 days of flower to clear the shade.
This last run I let the canopy get thick and did a hard defol at day 20 of flip. I had to go back and retrim a week later so this time I'm going to defol almost to the point of schwazze and see how that does.

This last run I let the canopy get thick and did a hard defol at day 20 of flip. I had to go back and retrim a week later so this time I'm going to defol almost to the point of schwazze and see how that does.
When I did it last grow there was no larf. The tiny buds got the light and stayed dense so that seems to be one advantage. I am just so apprehensive taking that much off. If I grew more than one plant at a time I'd definitely be experimenting.

When I did it last grow there was no larf. The tiny buds got the light and stayed dense so that seems to be one advantage. I am just so apprehensive taking that much off. If I grew more than one plant at a time I'd definitely be experimenting.
I feel the same way. It doesn't feel right stripping all the leaves off but it's hard to argue with the results.

And here I sit with 15 and skipped the 21 day deadline.
I guess I may have to step up.
I remember Impulsive Grower Schwazzed his plants.
He made very few mistakes growing that I saw.
:unsure:
The slacker in me says that is like trim jail with my numbers...:rolleyes:

And here I sit with 15 and skipped the 21 day deadline.
I guess I may have to step up.
I remember Impulsive Grower Schwazzed his plants.
He made very few mistakes growing that I saw.
:unsure:
The slacker in me says that is like trim jail with my numbers...:rolleyes:
hell man, even with just six plants, when it comes to the multiple defoliations I do, it takes roughly an hour each time. by the end of those sessions my back and knees hate me for it, but after last run i won't be doing anything different again. the results spoke for themselves with almost no loss to larf/popcorn and a damn near uniform harvest of flowers.

Hey folks. The first seed from this round showed up this morning so I figured it's time to get a new journal going. This grow will be Power Plant by Dutch Passion, the original breeders of the strain. It's supposed to be a heavy yielder so, with my 3x3 SCROG screen, hopefully I'll wind up with a plentiful bounty after harvesting what will be my second grow ever. Let's kick this off.

Equipment:
SpiderFarmer 5x5 tent
SpiderFarmer SE5000 LED with controller
AC Infinity Controller 69 pro
6" AC Infinity Exhaust fan and Cabon Filter
6" AC Infinity inline fan for intake
2x AC Infinity UIS plugs for heater/humidifier.
14 gallon totes for plant and control resevoirs
30 gallon tote for top-off resevoir
2x BlueLab gaurdian monitors

Nutrients:
General Hydroponics Flora Trio and CalMag
Plant Success Orca Liquid Mycorrhizae
Mr Fulvic's Fulvic Acid

-------

Dropped a couple beans into some Gro Plugs Thursday evening and the first of the two made it's breakthrough sometime last night. I've got them in AC Infinity's Germination Kit with heatmat and Lights included. Once my current harvest is dried and out of the tent, I'll move in the better of two.
View attachment 21912View attachment 21913

Thanks for tuning in to my second grow EVER. Feel free to post your questions and comments. Despite my name, I'm not really all that grumpy.

✌️ & 💚 y'all
That is a nice dome,though.

Hmm..I can't see this on my pc. Will have to try from my tablet. says MIME type not supported on my end.

I feel the same way. It doesn't feel right stripping all the leaves off but it's hard to argue with the results.
I did a thread that was a defoliation bro trial. 2 were defoliated and 2 weren't.

The 2 that wernt defoliated yielded 18 oz more than the 2 that were.

In summary i said there was just 2 many variables to determine a winner.

Heres the mom i used to take the clones from for the trial,she was pretty well defoliated on day 21 of flower

20210809_052041.jpg
Got the system back together and running with an H202 solution. Once my RO spits out enough water to fill it all back up, the seedling's goin in.
View attachment 23151
Now would be a good time to get inside the tent to look for a light leak.

The picture you showed us was from the outside of your tent that showed nothing

Back
Top Bottom