Grump's Power Plant Grow.

Now would be a good time to get inside the tent to look for a light leak.

The picture you showed us was from the outside of your tent that showed nothing
I most definitely will. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm almost postive the light leak came from the shitty 6" intake tube. I just swapped that out for a black wrapped duct. That should take care of it.

I did a thread that was a defoliation bro trial. 2 were defoliated and 2 weren't.

The 2 that wernt defoliated yielded 18 oz more than the 2 that were.

In summary i said there was just 2 many variables to determine a winner.

Heres the mom i used to take the clones from for the trial,she was pretty well defoliated on day 21 of flower

View attachment 23055

Now would be a good time to get inside the tent to look for a light leak.

The picture you showed us was from the outside of your tent that showed nothing
18oz is a big difference.

I most definitely will. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm almost postive the light leak came from the shitty 6" intake tube. I just swapped that out for a black wrapped duct. That should take care of it.
Spray the first foot inside the duct with flat black paint. This will kill whatever light got into your duct from escaping into your tent.

I don't know what MIME is 🤣
MIME types are file formats. For instance a picture would be image/jpeg, image/png, etc. A video would be video/mp4, video/mpeg, etc. A web application will confirm that the uploaded file's header aligns with what the upload form says the MIME type is and will throw an error if the two don't align. It does this to prevent corrupted or potentially malicious files from being uploaded and subsequently served to other users.

Got the little one transferred into the system. Day 10 from sprout. I'm running 0ppm RO with a shot of CalMag at 1ml/gal. That brought it up to 70ppms and it's sitting at 6.1 pH.

Tent's sitting at 78 degrees and 65% humidity. The light is on at 10% 12 inches up. Things are getting pretty serious around here.
20230927_213930.jpg20230927_214143.jpg20230927_214130.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @SweetLeafGrow, are you still using that same Agsil formula for mixing your nutes?
1. Add 1/2 gal. distilled water

2. Using GH PH Up, raise PH to approx. 11.3

3. Add 560 grams of Agsil 16H, stir/agitate until completely dissolved.

4. Add 1/2 gal. distilled water PH’d at 11.3

5. 1 gallon stock 7.8% potassium silicate completed.

P.S. I use 2ml/gallon in my recirculating ebb and flow system. 2ml/gal = 40 ppm SiO2 (approximately)
Do you remember how many gallons that guy's system was where it ended up 40ppms?

Lil' gal got her first batch of nutes today. Equal parts CalMag/Green/Purple/Pink at 1ml per gallon. I just mixed up the top-off resevoir (upper monitor) so I'm gonna let it set overnight before doing any adjusting. The lower res drifted up a bit after the first few hours.

I'm pretty sure the 4" netpot was the right move. It took a lot longer for the last plant's roots to reach the water. This thing is 13 days from seed and she's already slurping up the good stuff.
20230930_210654.jpg20230930_210816.jpg20230930_210837.jpg

No I'm running Orca again.
What's the h2o2 %/how many mLs , how many gallons in res

Not putting orca in the res are you

could build up a Tolerance and use the oxygen but more than likely possible the peroxide kills the orca mykos.

That's like hydroguard right?
So It's got liquid mycorrhizae plus a few different strains of fungi from the genus Glomus and bacteria from the genus Bacillus. I believe Hydroguard just has one species of Bacillus bacteria whereas Orca contains 5 different strains.
20231001_162006.jpg

What's the h2o2 %/how many mLs , how many gallons in res

Not putting orca in the res are you

could build up a Tolerance and use the oxygen but more than likely possible the peroxide kills the orca mykos.
I ran Orca for my last run and it worked out just fine. Healthy roots and no signs of any issues.

No peroxide gets added to my resevoirs.

Edit: I'm seeing the confusion. I ran an h202 solution before adding the seedling to disinfect the water lines. It was all drained and the totes wiped down before adding anything else.

Last edited:
Hey @Moe.Red, should I be adding Orca to my top-off resevoir also. Last round I did not, but I'm doing it a little differently this time by keeping the top-off and lower resevoirs at the same pH/ppm.

It smells a little funky in the top-off res. Might be a dirty fertilizer smell but I can't quite put my finger on it. First whiff is stinky but upon investigation it almost smells like dirt. I'm undecided.

@SweetLeafGrow are you adding bennies to your top-off? I've modeled my resevoirs after yours this time.

Hey @Moe.Red, should I be adding Orca to my top-off resevoir also. Last round I did not, but I'm doing it a little differently this time by keeping the top-off and lower resevoirs at the same pH/ppm.

It smells a little funky in the top-off res. Might be a dirty fertilizer smell but I can't quite put my finger on it. First whiff is stinky but upon investigation it almost smells like dirt. I'm undecided.

@SweetLeafGrow are you adding bennies to your top-off? I've modeled my resevoirs after yours this time.
Nope. I use Hydroguard when I build the res and that is all I use.

I also use some bio media blocks that sit in the res and give a home for bacteria to form colonies. Got this idea from Moe and I keep these in the res and move them back and forth between the grows when not in use. If you look at the Binky Bucket thread with the Imperium X, you can see that I put one of those in there too.

Nope. I use Hydroguard when I build the res and that is all I use.

I also use some bio media blocks that sit in the res and give a home for bacteria to form colonies. Got this idea from Moe and I keep these in the res and move them back and forth between the grows when not in use. If you look at the Binky Bucket thread with the Imperium X, you can see that I put one of those in there too.
I have some biofilters in the lower res and 1ml/gal of Orca, but I didn't add bennies to the top-off. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom