dragonsflamegenetics

Herb Hitman
Bud Builders Supporter
Reaction score
Well, for those that don't already know me - I am Jeff AKA the Dragon AKA Dragons Flame Genetics. I have been a lifelong grower, and am originally from Amador and Calaveras County, which is where I truly learned to grow. I have always been more an outdoor grower, but I also have always done indoor as well. Typically I have been doing 48-99 full term monster plants, and typically 8-10 lights, and at my biggest, had a 45 light indoor. I have always been a solo grower for the most part. My wife helps me with seed packaging, orders, Graphics and strain sheet designs, and of course, product sampling lmao.

I have grown in the hills of california, in Amador, calaveras, sacramento, and Mendocino county. I have grown in Oregon for 10 or so seasons now (which is where I current live) in the hills outside the Willamette valley, as well as 2 seasons on the Big Island of hawaii on the tropical side, in upper puna district. Arguably, I have quiet the range, but what I am best known for is outdoor tough climate genetics, built for growers, and for growers. Indoor, the bulk of my experience has been running air cooled HPS, single ended and DE. I am now on the Led bandwagon, and rock Luxx 645 pro XP model leds. After moving back from hawaii last year, Im in the smallest canopy Ive ever done, so this is quite an challenge to adjust to. But, I am doing my best to focus in on my absolute best lines, and creating the most amazing smokes that I can create.

So, enough yacking, lets see some pics shall we!

Run 1 at my new spot, and also the first time I have ever done true hydro. One light has 4 site RDWC - I ended up saving 50 bucks maybe and added a ton of headache, but I piecemealed a current culture type setup, plumbed all myself, but with their buckets. Should have just bought their kit, but say Lavie. Crop salt hooked me up with a free run worth of nutes, so thats what I been running. 4 plants in the system are Modified Macberry Moonshine. Haole Moonshine #3. Blackberry moonshine 12. Blackberry moonshine bx1. Under the other light, I am doing my traditional soil and top dressing method. Have those same 4 cuts going in soil as well, plus deathstar, fire og, chem 91, black velvet, and haole moonshine #13. Plants in RDWC have 3.5 weeks of time in the system, and another 7-10 days in the aero cloner, so to say they veg fast....

This cycle Will hopefully be seeded by the Modified macberry moonshine reversal. If that fails, then I will tag in Cherry pie x modified macberry moonshine males.

20230404_144734.jpg20230404_144749.jpg20230404_144742.jpg

Modified macberry moonshine - 6% terps, killer garlic skunk smells and tastes of garlic fuel. Very powerful potency and one of my top favorite smokes, grows very well, and crushes outdoor. Indoor shes a nice 9 weeker, and is very easy going. Hits all the boxes. MOD_MAC_-1.jpgmodified_macberry_moonshine-2-2.jpgmodified macberry moonshine - cannaessentials -2.jpgmodifed macberry moonshine  day 65-4.jpg

Attachments

• modified_macberry_4.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 2
So this is your first run with the rdwc? Plants look awesome. Im trying hydro for the first time and really like this rdwc method.

Yep. 15 years or so ago I did flood and drain in coco, but for the majority of my grow "career" Ive done soil. Thus far - I definitely plan to convert the other light to RDWC unless I end up having some huge issue that happens. I love the vigor and easy growing of the RDWC.

I belong to your Discord channel, you seem to be everywhere......where do you find the time?
I up every am by 5, and pretty much am grinding something out till about 8 then in bed by 10. I maybe a workaholic but I just smoke and get in the zone...Its been harder in college right now, last term I took 19 units and was finding thinks were slipping thru the cracks...this term I only taking 12 units so hopefully will be more on my game this term. But ya, Im on like 8 or 9 canna forums and pretty much just copy and paste my updates into each thread, so not really a ton of time on the forums unless someone asks me something. I am starting to get to the point where I want to hire someone to make packs and do orders, but don't really have the money. So far just my wife and me running DFG, seems to work out for us anyway.

I up every am by 5, and pretty much am grinding something out till about 8 then in bed by 10. I maybe a workaholic but I just smoke and get in the zone...Its been harder in college right now, last term I took 19 units and was finding thinks were slipping thru the cracks...this term I only taking 12 units so hopefully will be more on my game this term. But ya, Im on like 8 or 9 canna forums and pretty much just copy and paste my updates into each thread, so not really a ton of time on the forums unless someone asks me something. I am starting to get to the point where I want to hire someone to make packs and do orders, but don't really have the money. So far just my wife and me running DFG, seems to work out for us anyway.
That’s what makes DFG - the love only an owner/operator can have !

Can't remember what you are in school for?

I am currently finishing my general ed requirements at a community college and transferring to university of Oregon this fall for my junior year. I am planning on double major in Entrepreneurship and finance. Then I may go on for a MBA in finance as well. Long term my goal is to get licensed to sell securities / provide financial services so that I can help other outlaw growers / people in general navigate retirement planning, organizing and financial planning etc, and I also want to understand how to better run my business, I've been doing this all with no formal training so think that with some education I could do an even better job at it. Seeing my in-laws getting screwed by their retirement, and getting horrible financial advice, and I seem to have a knack for playing the stock market, so yea.

Kudos to your discipline and work ethic. I see that you are a hard worker. Going for an MBA is no small feat. You must have a very special lady alongside you.

Let me know when you get that Chem 91 in seed. I have a few runs before I could get to them anyways but I do love me some Chem Dog and from what I've seen at the Farm, you've got some strong genetics. I'm guessing the plant itself has strong genetics? As much as I love Purple OG's or real Jack Herer, I really enjoy the effects of some of those old school cultivars.

Kudos to your discipline and work ethic. I see that you are a hard worker. Going for an MBA is no small feat. You must have a very special lady alongside you.

Let me know when you get that Chem 91 in seed. I have a few runs before I could get to them anyways but I do love me some Chem Dog and from what I've seen at the Farm, you've got some strong genetics. I'm guessing the plant itself has strong genetics? As much as I love Purple OG's or real Jack Herer, I really enjoy the effects of some of those old school cultivars.

yep she is. Shes been with me now for 10 years, thru slinging zips at the park, to moving boxes across state lines, moved with me to covelo and to hawaii and back, and been ride or die thru 2 hurricanes, arrest, feasts, and famines. Couldn't ask for a better partner. Shes also a nurse, which isn't an easy job in itself.

Well, been a very busy week. my lady and I drove to san deigo with my inlaws and were gone from the grow for 9 days. Always nerve racking being away from the garden...and this 9 days was the longest I have left a garden unattended. I generally always have been married to my grows as well, and rarely take vacations. Was well worth it, and the plants looked ok when I got back.

These photo was taken right when I walked in for first time. the Fire og and deathstar had some wilt, but overall, I'm pleased with how they did.

Back
Top Bottom