Grump's Power Plant Grow.

GrumpAzz

Wingin' it
Staff member
Contest Guy
Reaction score
Hey folks. The first seed from this round showed up this morning so I figured it's time to get a new journal going. This grow will be Power Plant by Dutch Passion, the original breeders of the strain. It's supposed to be a heavy yielder so, with my 3x3 SCROG screen, hopefully I'll wind up with a plentiful bounty after harvesting what will be my second grow ever. Let's kick this off.

Equipment:
SpiderFarmer 5x5 tent
SpiderFarmer SE5000 LED with controller
AC Infinity Controller 69 pro
6" AC Infinity Exhaust fan and Cabon Filter
6" AC Infinity inline fan for intake
2x AC Infinity UIS plugs for heater/humidifier.
14 gallon totes for plant and control resevoirs
30 gallon tote for top-off resevoir
2x BlueLab gaurdian monitors

Nutrients:
General Hydroponics Flora Trio and CalMag
Plant Success Orca Liquid Mycorrhizae
Mr Fulvic's Fulvic Acid

-------

Dropped a couple beans into some Gro Plugs Thursday evening and the first of the two made it's breakthrough sometime last night. I've got them in AC Infinity's Germination Kit with heatmat and Lights included. Once my current harvest is dried and out of the tent, I'll move in the better of two.
20230914_171541.jpg20230918_050306.jpg

Thanks for tuning in to my second grow EVER. Feel free to post your questions and comments. Despite my name, I'm not really all that grumpy.

✌️ & 💚 y'all

Last edited:
The one that showed up on Monday has much slower growth than my last round, too. They threw their second set of leaves in a day or so after showing up. This one had, what looked like, a drop of water accumulated on its leaves. Must've dropped off of the dome. I wicked it off last night and it's looking a lot better today but there's something weird about it. I'll snap a picture after work and show ya what I'm talking about.

The interweb says it can yield several kilos outside... what's that? Like 10 pounds? That's a heavy ass plant.
2.2 lbs = 1 kilo

Power plant was used to help bulk up light yielding cultivars for a long time.

i've had a lot of seedlings struggle initially. very rarely have they moved fast out the gate, which is part of why i prefer clones. but, of my seed runs the runts always seemed to be the ones that ended up taking the show. once they hit their stride, they take off.

i've had a lot of seedlings struggle initially. very rarely have they moved fast out the gate, which is part of why i prefer clones. but, of my seed runs the runts always seemed to be the ones that ended up taking the show. once they hit their stride, they take off.
It had some weird discoloration on one of the leaves when I left this morning and was only an inch and a half, maybe. I added the extended sides to the dome for the extra vents and bumped the light up a notch. My wife went back to check on it and she said it's nearly 5 inches tall now.

I know the conversion but what's your definition of several? For me, it's 5-7, so that seems like a freakin ton of weed.
my definition? several is four or more, based on a couple being two, a few being three, and several being four or more. either way, it's a fuckton of weed lol

I think the extra vents helped her out some. It's hard to see the weird discoloration I mentioned before. The next set of leaves made a bit of progress today.

I'm gonna have to rethink all my lady's past compliments on my downstairs since she said the seedling looked 5". It's maybe 2" 🤣
20230921_174052.jpg

I think the extra vents helped her out some. It's hard to see the weird discoloration I mentioned before. The next set of leaves made a bit of progress today.

I'm gonna have to rethink all my lady's past compliments on my downstairs since she said the seedling looked 5". It's maybe 2" 🤣
View attachment 22295
can't fault her man, women are told 2" is 6" all their lives :ROFLMAO:

I moved the little seedling to her new netpot. It had almost a 2" root coming out of the bottom of the plug. I went with a 4" netpot this time, hoping the roots will find water faster. That'll also give me a couple inches of water in the lower resevoirs, hopefully allowing me a more stable water system.
20230922_120714.jpg20230922_120653.jpg

Too humid?

It's the only place I can really house it for now until the buds in the tent dry. The vents are wide open, if that helps.
potentially. personally i don't use a dome at all when germinating given plants so young can't transpire yet so VPD doesn't have any effect. those that i know do use domes pull them as soon as germination happens, and the dome simply serves to keep the media moist without them having to rehydrate before the seedling breaks the surface.

Domes are for clones.
First month done within reason will have no adverse effects in the long run.
I basically ignored my seedlings and had the whole house AC on just messing with them.
Once they hit the room the game changed.
Seeds are definitely different than clones with their needs.

Domes are for clones.
First month done within reason will have no adverse effects in the long run.
I basically ignored my seedlings and had the whole house AC on just messing with them.
Once they hit the room the game changed.
Seeds are definitely different than clones with their needs.
I want to assume she'll only be in the dome another week or so, max. My buds are on day six of drying with temps in the tent around 67-72 degrees and humidity between 46-54%. I'm not sure what that equates to in terms of dry time. I'll be checking stems tonight. Everything I've read says 10-14 days so I'm sure they still have a several days to go.

I want to assume she'll only be in the dome another week or so, max. My buds are on day six of drying with temps in the tent around 67-72 degrees and humidity between 46-54%. I'm not sure what that equates to in terms of dry time. I'll be checking stems tonight. Everything I've read says 10-14 days so I'm sure they still have a several days to go.
Id be checking just how dry they are, with the temperature and humidity your talking, if they are not too dry (below 57%) already

Id be checking just how dry they are, with the temperature and humidity your talking, if they are not too dry (below 57%) already
mind is in the gutter, but this response aligns with mine in some kind of way lol

I checked again last night. The stems don't crack yet. There was a little crunch when squeezing a few nugs, but it seemed to be just the very outside layer of stuff that's gonna get trimmed off, some of the leaves that were left. They don't crush to powder and they were extremely sticky. Last night was 8 days (two Sundays). I had hoped to be able to trim on a weekend but it's not looking like that's gonna happen.

I checked again last night. The stems don't crack yet. There was a little crunch when squeezing a few nugs, but it seemed to be just the very outside layer of stuff that's gonna get trimmed off, some of the leaves that were left. They don't crush to powder and they were extremely sticky. Last night was 8 days (two Sundays). I had hoped to be able to trim on a weekend but it's not looking like that's gonna happen.
sounds like you've got three to four days before they're ready. should have a little crunch then sponge feel on the bulky parts, then they're ready for paper bags (if that's your route). cure it up right bud! don't fuck up now, this is the first most critical moment in growing.

sounds like you've got three to four days before they're ready. should have a little crunch then sponge feel on the bulky parts, then they're ready for paper bags (if that's your route). cure it up right bud! don't fuck up now, this is the first most critical moment in growing.
Dude I've been worrying about it all week! I can't let all my hard work go to waste. Everything I've read said 10 to 14 days so yesterday was the first day I went in and checked. I've got pretty uniform sized nugs so I assume they'll all be drying pretty evenly. I'm glad the crunch I ignored is normal. I've read about give and take like they should sqeeze and bounce back some.

I've got 20 one ounce grove bags on the ready.

Dude I've been worrying about it all week! I can't let all my hard work go to waste. Everything I've read said 10 to 14 days so yesterday was the first day I went in and checked. I've got pretty uniform sized nugs so I assume they'll all be drying pretty evenly. I'm glad the crunch I ignored is normal. I've read about give and take like they should sqeeze and bounce back some.

I've got 20 one ounce grove bags on the ready.
Yeah, it's an art figuring out the right moisture level. I like to wait till the buds fell almost like a hop that's just on the cusp of ready for harvest. Kinda spongy, kinda crispy, with a little bit of bounce back when squeezed. I also don't crack stems that aren't right at the base of flowers because it doesn't make sense to me to check somewhere that's a distance from the center of the bud. A nice crack sound but maintaining the integrity of the stem is about primo ime.

Typically I'll shuck the buds into paper bags at that point and let em start to cure for another two weeks. After a day or two the exterior crunch will be gone and the buds will be spongy and sticky again as the moisture equalizes, and the temps will return in force by that point.

Back
Top Bottom