AC Infinity controller 67, 69 and 69 Pro

Skunky Dunk Farms

Stoned Scientist
Reaction score
Anyone running any of this gear?

I've gathered together quite an assortment of AC Infinity gear that I'm going to try and install in my flower room as soon as this round is finished.20230416_063955.jpg
I've been running a Controller 67 with there 6" inline and am very happy with output and sound levels.
But, the flower room will be a bit more involved with the Controller 69 Pro with wifi.
First obstacle was the Controller won't work with a 5g router so i got a dedicated 2.4 g router and setup a seperate network.
Next, I've got 3 of there ac outlet UIS adapters to plug my lights into for the Controller to operate as timers.
I've also got 3 of there 2 to 1 adapter dongles as I'll be running 2 of there 6" UIS inlines for exhaust daisy chained.
Then I have 3 type A lighting adapters to replace the rheostats for UIS controlled lighting and dimming on 3 meanwell drivers on my 244 qb's.
I've also got 4 tybe B lighting adapters to try and use with my 4 Sun Systems CMH 315 ballasts.
Anywho, there is that and it's goin to be a work in progress and I hope I don't cause any of the magic wire smoke to escape.

Im like AC products and am running several.
1. Both tents- 4x4 and 2x4
2. 8”, 6” and 4” Exhaust fans
3. 1 4” carbon filter
4. 2 69 Pro Wifi Controllers and 1 67
5. A bunch of their oscillating fans

The 69 pro controllers were a game changer for me. I travel a lot, and being able to make adjustments while out of town is priceless.

I've heard reports of issues with the '69 and ACI's 9" oscillator fan.....

I've been eyeing that same 69 you have @Nesta for the same reasons. Sounds like you're pretty happy with it.

I've heard reports of issues with the '69 and ACI's 9" oscillator fan.....

I've been eyeing that same 69 you have @Nesta for the same reasons. Sounds like you're pretty happy with it.
I really dont mess with the oscillating fan setup much. To be honest they are pretty much on all the time, as i like air movement. Where I play with the controls much more so is the exhaust fans. I’ve had to reset the controllers a few times, but nothing major.

I really dont mess with the oscillating fan setup much. To be honest they are pretty much on all the time, as i like air movement. Where I play with the controls much more so is the exhaust fans. I’ve had to reset the controllers a few times, but nothing major.
Same here. I don't have my fans tying up controller outputs, there are only 4 ports as it is. I do like the controller.69 and have 2 running now.

Same here. I don't have my fans tying up controller outputs, there are only 4 ports as it is. I do like the controller.69 and have 2 running now.
These,
https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-...s-2-in-1-splitter-daisy-chain-adapter-dongle/
Help expand the 69 and 69 Pro with these splitters. I have 3 of them so far for my setup and it'll allow daisy chaining of like devices.
I'll be able to run 2 exhaust inlines from a single UIS port and ill be able to daisy chain 3 of these,
daisy chained together to one UIS port to control lighting scheduling.

These,
https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-...s-2-in-1-splitter-daisy-chain-adapter-dongle/
Help expand the 69 and 69 Pro with these splitters. I have 3 of them so far for my setup and it'll allow daisy chaining of like devices.
I'll be able to run 2 exhaust inlines from a single UIS port and ill be able to daisy chain 3 of these,
I need to pick up some of those splitters. I know they were working on them and have seen them mentioned in their operating manuals. Nice to see they have started to actually sell them.

These,
How does the controller decipher the signal if you're running 2 fans off of one controller? Isn't there only one sensor or do each have their own sensor?

I currently have two tents operating. The 2x4 tent has an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro. It's running a 6-inch inline fan, a T3 humidifier and a heater using their control plug. The tent has a no-name oscillating fan that is running constantly. When the controller works, it's great, but it tends to fail unexpectedly, and their support has never been able to help.

The 28"x28" tent has Ink Bird controllers, except I have an AC Infinity oscillating fan in the tent because it can be set to slow speeds that are best for a small tent. I am thinking about changing this tent to a Controller 69 Pro, like the larger tent.

Instead of using ports on the controller, the lights for both tents are controlled by Alexa plugs. Alexa works well for anything that runs on a schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the controller decipher the signal if you're running 2 fans off of one controller? Isn't there only one sensor or do each have their own sensor?
There is only one sensor per controller. It can operate multiple fans, though. That can be done by using multiple ports, but there are only four ports. They have had a port expansion dongle that can connect multiple devices to the same port, but it hasn't been available for quite a while. When using port expansion, all the devices on the dongle operate the same.

The controller knows what UIS device type you have plugged into each control port and programming options for each port will refect that.

I found a cheap tower fan on amazon and will test it out to see if it was worth the $10 I paid for it. It's 36" and oscillates. With the tower I can get both top and bottom and will only need to use one fan for both. Hopefully it works as I envision it will.

It needs the splitter dongle to daisy chain Additional devices.

I currently have two tents operating. The 2x4 tent has an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro. It's running a 6-inch inline fan, a T3 humidifier and a heater using their control plug. The tent has a no-name oscillating fan that is running constantly. When the controller works, it's great, but it tends to fail unexpectedly, and their support has never been able to help.

The 28"x28" tent has Ink Bird controllers, except I have an AC Infinity oscillating fan in the tent because it can be set to slow speeds that are best for a small tent. I am thinking about changing this tent to a Controller 69 Pro, like the larger tent.

Instead of using ports on the controller, the lights for both tents are controlled by Alexa plugs. Alexa works well for anything that runs on a schedule.
I've heard a couple others mention the Controller fails unexpectedly?
Does everything shut off or does it lose its memory?

I've heard a couple others mention the Controller fails unexpectedly?
Does everything shut off or does it lose its memory?
Every problem I've had has been different.

Once the power went out and it lost all its settings except WiFi. I noticed the problem when the tent overheated because the exhaust fan didn't run. I had to reconfigure every setting. After that, I added a battery backup.

There was also a problem with the oscillating fan. If the fan was connected, the controller became unstable. That was fixed by a firmware update.

The most recent problem was when the WiFi stopped working for no apparent reason. I made it worse because I didn't think to check for a firmware update and deleted the configuration from my phone, only to discover I couldn't reload it. Bluetooth kept stopping while it was updating. The solution was to stop every app on my phone (a Samsung S22 Ultra) before connecting with Bluetooth to reset the WiFi. A welcome feature was that I was able to reload the configuration from the cloud.

Credit for the solutions goes to @freezeland, who generously helped me many times.

Every problem I've had has been different.

Once the power went out and it lost all its settings except WiFi. I noticed the problem when the tent overheated because the exhaust fan didn't run. I had to reconfigure every setting. After that, I added a battery backup.

There was also a problem with the oscillating fan. If the fan was connected, the controller became unstable. That was fixed by a firmware update.

The most recent problem was when the WiFi stopped working for no apparent reason. I made it worse because I didn't think to check for a firmware update and deleted the configuration from my phone, only to discover I couldn't reload it. Bluetooth kept stopping while it was updating. The solution was to stop every app on my phone (a Samsung S22 Ultra) before connecting with Bluetooth to reset the WiFi. A welcome feature was that I was able to reload the configuration from the cloud.

Credit for the solutions goes to @freezeland, who generously helped me many times.
I'm assuming firmware means to the controller and not an app update?

Would you say that with the issues you've had that you've resolved them with the firmware updates? I'm thinking of upgrading the T6/Cont 67 I currently have with a T8/Cont 69pro. The T6 is not pulling enough air through the tent, 5 x 5. I don't plan on using an ACI fan so I should be good to go? I like that I can monitor and control from anywhere there's an internet signal as I travel frequently.

Would you say that with the issues you've had that you've resolved them with the firmware updates? I'm thinking of upgrading the T6/Cont 67 I currently have with a T8/Cont 69pro. The T6 is not pulling enough air through the tent, 5 x 5. I don't plan on using an ACI fan so I should be good to go? I like that I can monitor and control from anywhere there's an internet signal as I travel frequently.
The firmware updates have resolved the issues with occillating fans working intermediate. The only issue I have seen currently is if you have to many other apps open on your device. It eats the phone’s memory up and the wifi connection to the 69 pro gets wonky. Close everything and reopen the ac infinity app resolves it.

The firmware updates have resolved the issues with occillating fans working intermediate. The only issue I have seen currently is if you have to many other apps open on your device. It eats the phone’s memory up and the wifi connection to the 69 pro gets wonky. Close everything and reopen the ac infinity app resolves it.
Thanks for clarifying. Makes my purchase decision easy.

Yes. The controller software, not the phone app.

Would you say that with the issues you've had that you've resolved them with the firmware updates?
The problem with the fan, yes. I'm not sure about the WiFi failure and the Bluetooth memory problem @freezeland mentioned, but there was a firmware update pending when those problems occurred. The controller has been working well since.

I'll add that I would buy another Controller 69 Pro. The system overall is pretty darn good.

Got the rj11 j boxes in today.
These are supposed to attach in place of the 2 wire dimmers.View attachment 4937
I noticed the light dimming levels via the C69 were @ greater increments than the knob on my light's control box. Might not apply to everyone but I had to adjust a little for it so thought I'd mention.

I noticed the light dimming levels via the C69 were @ greater increments than the knob on my light's control box. Might not apply to everyone but I had to adjust a little for it so thought I'd mention.
Same here, my lights only have 4 setpoints on the knob. With the controller 69 it has 10. I have checked with a watt meter & it is actually working in 10% increments.

Does anybody know the maximum amp load these controllers can handle?
And can they control cooling to set a day time temp and separate night time temp?

I'm basically looking for digital day/night cooling control with a 15amp load capacity. Right now what I have is analog control and I want more precision control

And can they control cooling to set a day time temp and separate night time temp?

I'm basically looking for digital day/night cooling control with a 15amp load capacity. Right now what I have is analog control and I want more precision control
You want to look at the ac infinity 75 or 79 smart temp controller or an Inkbird.

For the Controller 67 or 69 or 69 Pro this device is a controllable 15 amp outlet.https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-growers/controllers/smart-uis-controllers/uis-control-plug-for-outlet-powered-equipment/Screenshot_20230609_083408_Samsung Internet.jpg
I've got 3 of these with the splitter dongles to run 7 lights off one UIS port

Back
Top Bottom