First Sativa Grow - Panama - BudBuilders

Been a while for an update on this one, what a mess in this tent! I've pinched and bent a few times and she still wants to stretch. Thinking she MIGHT be about done with that! I got in a bit over my head with this one and just going to try to see if I can finish her. Today marks a full 6 weeks since flip so perhaps 1/2 way there?

IMG_3427.jpegIMG_3428.jpegIMG_3429.jpeg

Been a while for an update on this one, what a mess in this tent! I've pinched and bent a few times and she still wants to stretch. Thinking she MIGHT be about done with that! I got in a bit over my head with this one and just going to try to see if I can finish her. Today marks a full 6 weeks since flip so perhaps 1/2 way there?

View attachment 21252View attachment 21253View attachment 21254
I hope it ends up being only 6 weeks left, but my guess is closer to 10 based off what im seeing bud wise. Damn sativas take forever and a month, i hate it lol.

What about cutting a hole in the bottom of tent and raising it around the pot like @Cool_Beans did if she keeps growing.
If you have the ceiling height it is a strong consideration IMO.
"It takes as long to walk out of the woods as it did to walk in?"
Just thinking outloud.
Looks great man~!šŸ‘Š

What about cutting a hole in the bottom of tent and raising it around the pot like @Cool_Beans did if she keeps growing.
If you have the ceiling height it is a strong consideration IMO.
"It takes as long to walk out of the woods as it did to walk in?"
Just thinking outloud.
Looks great man~!šŸ‘Š
It is a great idea, not sure practical in my case with all the plumbing coming in and out of that tent. I think I'm going to keep tying things downward and see if she stops soon. I will say this is one of the absolute stickiest plants I have ever grown. I pinched and bent another stem today and my hands were so sticky after just that I had to use iso to clean off the sticky. Absolute amazing aroma too. I'm really hoping I can finish this one, super excited about the strain.

Man these sativaā€˜s take awhile hey.Iā€™m a day or so shy of 12 weeks .donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever smoked one either.
I had a 12 week flowering strawberry cough and didnt clone it. I popped another bean and it was an 18 week pheno.... I finally killed it off and will try this last seed i have and hope its another 12 week pheno, sativa takes damn long but i love them

I've grown a few long-flowering sativas (15-20 weeks). While I am a sativa lover, the insanely long flowering ones aren't worth it, for me. There are a number of 10-14 week sativa dom hybrids that range from speedy/edgy to mood elevator to "lost in space."

About once every ten years I forget that the long-flowering ones aren't worth the time and then rediscover, after 15-20 weeks, that they're not worth the time.

Not a lot of time to do an update but here are some current photos from week 10 flower. A big branch in the back fell over an itā€™s going to be a pain to get it tied up. This grow has been a good learning experience, not perfect by any means but might get some good sativa flowers from it.

Had some deficiencies and what I think is light burn but hopefully they donā€™t worsen, will probably change out the res for late bloom ratios soon.IMG_3540.jpegIMG_3543.jpegIMG_3542.jpegIMG_3541.jpeg

The grow is still as ugly as ever, but Iā€™m getting closer to a harvest date sometime around Halloween I hope. Thatā€™s going to be a full 12 weeks in flower, but I have not even looked at trichomes on this girl yet.

I know Iā€™m having deficiencies by looking at the leaves, but this plant is not behaving the way the other ones do by reading the water. Iā€™ve gone against that routine with this plant because the ppmā€™s have been so low, yet the breeder says this is a heavy feeder. Iā€™ve had to ignore that a little bit and just deal with the fluctuating pH. I want to make sure this plant has everything it needs to finish out the blossoms.

IMG_3558.jpegIMG_3557.jpegIMG_3556.jpeg

Almost to the end of week 14 in flower. I took a closer look, it looks like she is IMG_3650.jpegIMG_3651.jpegIMG_3652.jpegIMG_3653.jpegIMG_3654.jpeg2023-11-09-09-57-05-242.jpeg2023-11-09-09-58-15-333.jpeg2023-11-09-09-58-45-247.jpeg2023-11-09-09-59-29-043.jpeg2023-11-09-09-59-37-581.jpeggetting close, but not there yet. Itā€™s looking like she will go at least and till next Tuesday when I get home, perhaps longer.

Seems like forever with this plant but it's still going folks!

Right at a full 16 weeks flower and almost ready for harvest!

OK, so this is the ugliest grow I have ever done, if there were more mistakes to be made, I am not aware, lol. Lots of training issues and yea, too, did not spend a lot of time with here so I am taking full responsibility, but there are some good things to come from this. I got through a whole grow without a chiller +. And I actually got through another hydro grow so that is awesome too.

I am hoping someone nominates this gal to the ugly cannabis grow hall of fame, she is fugly albeit not her fault.

IMG_3786.jpegIMG_3789.jpegIMG_3788.jpegIMG_3787.jpegIMG_3790.jpegIMG_3791.jpegIMG_3792.jpeg

I keep looking at trichs and two days ago, for the first time saw a bit of amber, most are cloudy and thought I could still see some clear. Not a lot of trichs on this plant, I do not expect it to be too high on the THC. I did indeed pull a small flower off and dried it out and gave it a couple of puffs. I was pleasantly surprised that two rips got me ripped, tasted very, very good too! I imagine with a proper dry and cure, it will be amazing.

Last edited:
Have not had time to post about this grow but I did pull this gal down at a full 16 weeks in flower. Breeder says 12-14, but I think I had to go longer because I had turned the light way down as she got real close to it and I did not want to burn her. I think she is pretty strong. Perfect timing for Christmas presents. Not planning on getting this gal tested, it is what it is, and the true test is what the beneficiary says!

Did not have time to trim when I harvested, finally finished all that dry trim last night and can report a harvest of almost 11 ounces of popcorn, airy, but potent buds.

šŸ‘Š

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom