I don't use BlueLabs but @smoke does so he may know better.
My first reading says the connect is used to make the monitor wifi.
My guess says you need both since a BlueLab wifi monitor is over $600
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I don't know though again??
Yeah I don't plan on reading it remotely so as long as it does it's job of monitoring ec/ph I'll be happy. I ordered it so I'll keep ya'll posted on the next journal.

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy the cheaper "connect" version? I don't plan on using the "connect" capabilities, but saving 50 bucks seems like the smart play. I want an extra monitor for the top-off resevoir because I'd like to keep the upper and lower resevoirs as close to identical as possible.
View attachment 20962
@smoke
The connect version is the same monitor with the ability to add a stick to your computer and it will read data

My lady's birthday is tomorrow and, regardless of whether or not I chop, I'd like her to be able to sample a bud. I've seen a couple guys mention throwing a nug in the microwave. What's the process there?

My lady's birthday is tomorrow and, regardless of whether or not I chop, I'd like her to be able to sample a bud. I've seen a couple guys mention throwing a nug in the microwave. What's the process there?

i did that once man, it was horrible. tasted like all chlorophyll and nothing else. you'd be better off cooking her surf n turf and rubbing her feet!!!

i know this isn't the response you wanted.. just being honest!

i did that once man, it was horrible. tasted like all chlorophyll and nothing else. you'd be better off cooking her surf n turf and rubbing her feet!!!

i know this isn't the response you wanted.. just being honest!
Haha bet. I just know she's at least as excited about the harvest as I am.

She'll be getting a rubdown, no doubt.

Haha bet. I just know she's at least as excited about the harvest as I am.

She'll be getting a rubdown, no doubt.

hopefully some others will chime in on this... i believe there is a way with wet paper towels or something the microwave isn't as bad... it was just ruined by the flavor for me personally. maybe drip a little terpene on it might not be as bad. hehe

the buzz is something cool though, and it's your own... i get it. and don't let me change your mind... snip your bud, marvel in it, look at it, cut it up and smoke it... just be known it won't tastes the best.. but depending on how mature it is, it might just knock her socks off!! ;)

@GrumpAzz

I need to live vicariously through you so I'm going to post up your next project. 😉 :cool:

@GrumpAzz

I need to live vicariously through you so I'm going to post up your next project. 😉 :cool:

Man that seems elaborate.

That project might have to wait a few grows before it gets implemented. I won't totally rule it out though 😉

hopefully some others will chime in on this... i believe there is a way with wet paper towels or something the microwave isn't as bad... it was just ruined by the flavor for me personally. maybe drip a little terpene on it might not be as bad. hehe

the buzz is something cool though, and it's your own... i get it. and don't let me change your mind... snip your bud, marvel in it, look at it, cut it up and smoke it... just be known it won't tastes the best.. but depending on how mature it is, it might just knock her socks off!! ;)
Well you changed our minds, either way. No worries though. It was mostly a taste test so we can wait. I've got some grove bags showing up in a couple days that should cure it up right.

They may be ready shortly after my pre-employment drug test, which would mean we can test it out together with a big fat celebritory doob. Depending on whether or not I get the job, of course.

What's the easiest way to cool my lung room when the temps outside dip below 60?

The window unit in there prevents me from bringing in outside air and once it quits blowing cold air, the dehumidifier really warms up the room. I wouldn't have thought cooling my lung room while it's cold outside would be an issue, but here we are 🤣

Would a portable AC outside the lung room that's ducted into the lung room be able to keep it in the mid to low 60's? I realize a mini-split would do the trick but that's outside my current budget.

I have a window a/c unit that does pretty good on the low setting. I keep that on and I also have a fan in the other window that I can switch to blowing out or blowing in. When it gets hot in there, I point the fan to blow out, then at night, I reverse that. Then I can turn the a/c off for most of the night once it cools off outside and just let the fan bring in the cool air from outside. That seems to do the trick although I need to get more control over that somehow.

What's the easiest way to cool my lung room when the temps outside dip below 60?

The window unit in there prevents me from bringing in outside air and once it quits blowing cold air, the dehumidifier really warms up the room. I wouldn't have thought cooling my lung room while it's cold outside would be an issue, but here we are 🤣

Would a portable AC outside the lung room that's ducted into the lung room be able to keep it in the mid to low 60's? I realize a mini-split would do the trick but that's outside my current budget.
If you have access to an outside wall (preferably with a window) you could just use a vent fan to pull in outside air. Use some type of a temp controller to turn the fan on/off as needed to keep the temp where you want it.

I have a window a/c unit that does pretty good on the low setting. I keep that on and I also have a fan in the other window that I can switch to blowing out or blowing in. When it gets hot in there, I point the fan to blow out, then at night, I reverse that. Then I can turn the a/c off for most of the night once it cools off outside and just let the fan bring in the cool air from outside. That seems to do the trick although I need to get more control over that somehow.
My lung room is pretty tiny, like 4x8, with a single window that is occupied by my window unit. I've only ran into this in the last couple nights so I've been brainstorming. I need to somehow screen off half of the opening and allow the little slider to be opened and closed. The last couple nights I've been opening the "door" to the lung room while also opening a window on the opposite end of the house. It's just not able to outcompete the dehuey.
If you have access to an outside wall (preferably with a window) you could just use a vent fan to pull in outside air. Use some type of a temp controller to turn the fan on/off as needed to keep the temp where you want it.
I've been looking at AC Infinity's little vent vans. They're thermostatically controlled and one could be used to pull outside air into the lung room and could probably be rigged up in the same window. Come winter, it might be unnecessary, though.

-------

My thoughts on the portable AC was to just keep it in the adjacent room while keeping the exhaust inside so as to maintain a warm room for the AC so that it doesn't shut itself down when if temps get too low. Then I would duct the cool air into the lung room. I just haven't used one and don't know if it'll cool it down enough to outcompete the dehuey.

I've also never grown in the fall or winter, so I might be overthinking it altogether. All this might be unnecessary. These last few nights, though, have been the first time my tent isn't keeping a stable temp within 1 or 2 degrees. I know, most of the time, folks don't run an AC when it's cool out but I've found comfort in keeping my lung room a bit colder than my tent and letting me heater regulate the tent's temps.

Also.. got this little germinator kit in the mail today. I'd say, though inexperienced, this is a pretty sturdy built humidity dome. Thick almost like plexiglass instead of those cheapos in the garden section of my local hardware store. AC Infinity's kit. Heat mat and lights included.

20230912_225120.jpg

Also.. got this little germinator kit in the mail today. I'd say, though inexperienced, this is a pretty sturdy built humidity dome. Thick almost like plexiglass instead of those cheapos in the garden section of my local hardware store. AC Infinity's kit. Heat mat and lights included.

View attachment 21162

cool setup!

My lung room is pretty tiny, like 4x8, with a single window that is occupied by my window unit. I've only ran into this in the last couple nights so I've been brainstorming. I need to somehow screen off half of the opening and allow the little slider to be opened and closed. The last couple nights I've been opening the "door" to the lung room while also opening a window on the opposite end of the house. It's just not able to outcompete the dehuey.
Are you the homeowner?

Perhaps you could run an 8" line out the wall and hook up an inline fan with a controller to kick on and bring in cool air once it gets to a certain set point? I have thought about doing just that in my room which is about 10' x 15'. Just throwing ideas out there, may be a good one or maybe not. I gotta get this figured out too.

I need to somehow screen off half of the opening
This is what i did and then filled the hole with 2 inch foam insulation to keep the heat out but its totally removable so its convenient.

I did it because i smoke in my bedroom and needed a way for the smoke to get out lol.

Are you the homeowner?

Perhaps you could run an 8" line out the wall and hook up an inline fan with a controller to kick on and bring in cool air once it gets to a certain set point? I have thought about doing just that in my room which is about 10' x 15'. Just throwing ideas out there, may be a good one or maybe not. I gotta get this figured out too.
Man I don't know why I didn't think of that. Even just a 6" would probably do the trick. Good thinkin' bro. 👊
This is what i did and then filled the hole with 2 inch foam insulation to keep the heat out but its totally removable so its convenient.

I did it because i smoke in my bedroom and needed a way for the smoke to get out lol.
Not too shabby and pretty cheap for the time being. 👊

G$ has advised me that despite temptation this isn’t a great way to do it. 🤷‍♂️
We chose not to. Another 2 weeks or so and she'll be able to sample some finely cured buds and hopefully, by then, I'll have passed my mouth swab and we can can sample a fat doob together in celebration of my new job and first harvest.

My Danby portable AC is enough to cool the basement during heat waves. Just a pain to hook up.

Same here. Used 2” blue foam and after I cut out the intake/output holes I cut into three parts to sandwich between my inner/outer windows.

Man I don't know why I didn't think of that. Even just a 6" would probably do the trick. Good thinkin' bro. 👊

Not too shabby and pretty cheap for the time being. 👊
I agree. Definitely the way to go. Don't forget the mushroom HEPA filter on the inlet.

Norwegian and icelandic crypto miners use ambient temps to cool down their miners.

Got a couple Gro Plugs soaking in some RO/H202 with 1ml/16oz shot of RapidStart.

I'll be sewing my Power Plant seeds later today. If the job interview doesn't pan out, I'll toss them and start something else. I should hear back in two weeks or so.

Wife wants to pick the next round if we don't grow out the Power Plant. I said my vote is for the All Gas OG X Gelato. Sounds tasty with a kick. I'm not starting anything else, though. I don't want to literally sew any doubt. I got this job in the bag 💪

Got a couple Gro Plugs soaking in some RO/H202 with 1ml/16oz shot of RapidStart.

I'll be sewing my Power Plant seeds later today. If the job interview doesn't pan out, I'll toss them and start something else. I should hear back in two weeks or so.

Wife wants to pick the next round if we don't grow out the Power Plant. I said my vote is for the All Gas OG X Gelato. Sounds tasty with a kick. I'm not starting anything else, though. I don't want to literally sew any doubt. I got this job in the bag 💪
You got this bro, im looking forward to the power plant grow. Thought it was cool you were gonna grow power plant for the job lol.

You got this bro, im looking forward to the power plant grow. Thought it was cool you were gonna grow power plant for the job lol.
That interview was pretty hectic but I think I nailed it. It was supposed to be a one hour process that took two. They have a few mlre interviews to conduct, so I'll be hearing back from them sometime in the next two weeks.

I didn't initially plan on growing many of the freebies but when I started this new job process, I remembered I had those beans. I love irony and fully believe in manifesting what you want, so the power plant really stood out for the next run. Never smoked it before and, honestly, I don't care. Right now it just makes sense to pop them and get 'em going.

Back
Top Bottom