Its not the size of the plants alone. Im feeding my plants at 300 ppm/500 and your feeding your baby at 250 ppm.

Are you over feeding?
Or am i under feeding ?

Its the relationship between the 2 that i was trying to point out and i think moe was too
Oh for sure. I was merely commenting on the fricken size of those things. Yuge

Yeah I think so. In where I must not have sealed it well enough and now it's getting water logged and I imagine a little rotten.
It seems like the moisture from the bucket is getting in between the lids. I think I remember you had used a pourable rubber on the plastic lid to even it out?

I would explore 2 things. If you can sandwich either a neoprene or rubber O-ring around the net pot in between both lids it should keep moisture out especially if you have the rubber on top of plastic lid which should make a sealable surface. If you have bubblers in each pot the air pressure is pushing moisture up through the net pot. You could also make a small hole on the top as a pressure relief to keep the moisture from rising from the air pressure inside the bucket.

Maybe even some silicon sealant to fill the gap and you can smooth out so that the net pot slides in smoothly if you don't want to have to take it apart but I'm not sure how long that seal will last.

It seems like the moisture from the bucket is getting in between the lids. I think I remember you had used a pourable rubber on the plastic lid to even it out?

I would explore 2 things. If you can sandwich either a neoprene or rubber O-ring around the net pot in between both lids it should keep moisture out especially if you have the rubber on top of plastic lid which should make a sealable surface. If you have bubblers in each pot the air pressure is pushing moisture up through the net pot. You could also make a small hole on the top as a pressure relief to keep the moisture from rising from the air pressure inside the bucket.

Maybe even some silicon sealant to fill the gap and you can smooth out so that the net pot slides in smoothly if you don't want to have to take it apart but I'm not sure how long that seal will last.
I used the rattle-can FlexSeal. Used almost two cans in the process. I think instead of a quick fix sort of remedy, I'm just gonna get rid of the plywood altogether. Eliminate the possibility of the organic matter becoming food for some kind of nasty.

Lovin' it
20230601_180959.jpg20230601_181054.jpg20230601_181132.jpg
PH was down to 5.6 when I got home. 6.1 after amending with UP yesterday. I added ~500ml of a diluted Agsil solution that I mixed last night. I don't know shit from fuck but that stalk is telling me she's loving the available silicon. It's fattening up nicely👌

Ok guys. Since my buffer appears to have failed, I'm going to empty the top-off resevoir and mix up a heavier batch of Agsil. I'll let it set overnight and check the pH in the morning. If it's not above 9, I'll add and mix some more before heading to work. My water level in the lower res is higher than where the float valve starts dumping anyway, so we should be ok. I'll prop it up just in case. No accidental drippage. Little bit of wasted nutes won't break the bank.

The lid is the other issue. I'm on it. Just need something hard and flat that I can cut a hole in and mount my rack to. Will probably have to wait on shipping unless I can find something at the hardware store tomorrow or Saturday.

Ok guys. Since my buffer appears to have failed, I'm going to empty the top-off resevoir and mix up a heavier batch of Agsil. I'll let it set overnight and check the pH in the morning. If it's not above 9, I'll add and mix some more before heading to work. My water level in the lower res is higher than where the float valve starts dumping anyway, so we should be ok. I'll prop it up just in case. No accidental drippage. Little bit of wasted nutes won't break the bank.

The lid is the other issue. I'm on it. Just need something hard and flat that I can cut a hole in and mount my rack to. Will probably have to wait on shipping unless I can find something at the hardware store tomorrow or Saturday.
What hardware store?

I'm in the process of an experiment on the PH thread. When I added Potassium Silicate to RO, the reading of KH - the buffer - was off the charts. That's good. Still working on the exact recommended recipe with Aqua.

Today's update. PH has been dropping .1 every couple hours. I threw in a splash of the Agsil solution I mixed the night before. Brought it up to 5.9.

I've been wondering about whether or not the buffer expired after reading a little of that pH thread. It remained stable for a couple weeks. Either way, a res change is in order, so I mixed a new Agsil batch with .5 grams/gal. It's pH sits around 9.7. I'll let that sit overnight and mix a new batch of nutes tomorrow sometime.

I ordered a lunch tray that should fit the tote perfectly. If not, I've got another idea that could work.

Anyway... here she is this fine evening.
20230602_180243.jpg20230602_180230.jpg20230602_180215.jpg20230602_180207.jpg20230602_180200.jpg

Morning update. Bumped the light up to 25%. I'm gonna make a pot of coffee and mix a batch of nutes. The Agsil solution has sat for over 12 hours. Time to get mixin'
20230603_063718.jpg20230603_063725.jpg20230603_063739.jpg

Last edited:
So the Agsil solution had a pH of 9+ last night. After sitting for 12 hours, it's down to 7.5. EC pen shows 0 ppms? I'm gonna throw in a couple more grams and mix for a bit. Maybe around lunch I'll be able to mix up some nutes. Last time I mixed, the Agsil only sat for four hours. Buffer held well for a week or two.

Found this mixing tray at the same place I bought the totes. Seemed to fit on the one they had in the store so I'm gonna figure out how to make this work. I'm afraid it may come down too far on the tote and run into my plumbing. It's got about a 6" lip around it.20230603_095908.jpg

Was going to say I found these at the dollar store. But don’t know the size you need. Handles at each end so a tray but looks like in/out tray.
58A1251F-E237-4A9B-B33D-7D309AE0FB8E.jpegEE88A280-FA92-4023-B0A1-B78B915F6FCC.jpeg
I like the size of yours better though.

Last edited:
Final product. I shut the lights off and ran with the light outside the tent. Made the swap really quick with the lady's help. Roots looking really good. Some a foot long or better. It doesn't fit perfectly flush so I'm slightly concerned with light coming back up from underneath. Are my concerns warranted?
20230603_112238.jpg20230603_112251.jpg

Final product. I shut the lights off and ran with the light outside the tent. Made the swap really quick with the lady's help. Roots looking really good. Some a foot long or better. It doesn't fit perfectly flush so I'm slightly concerned with light coming back up from underneath. Are my concerns warranted?
View attachment 5441View attachment 5442
Nothing some tape wont fix

Cool. Eyebolts for LST or something else?

If it’s just light you could put a skirt over it after the lid. Green garbage bag at a minimum?

AM noted tape. Duct tape around the outside, then same on inside to make a better/tighter fit. Still a skit though.

Just fishing...

Lift the whole lid to check
That's what I've been doing but this new lid isn't fitting tight onto the tote. It's close but not completely uniform. I'm not understanding how tape will help with light inrusion while still allowing me to lift the lid.

Roots looked awesome so maybe the need to check on them isn't as necessary anymore?

That's what I've been doing but this new lid isn't fitting tight onto the tote. It's close but not completely uniform. I'm not understanding how tape will help with light inrusion while still allowing me to lift the lid.

Roots looked awesome so maybe the need to check on them isn't as necessary anymore?
Can you take some pics from further back so i can see it better

Can you take some pics from further back so i can see it better
It's just that mixing tray cut down some and sitting right on top of the tote. Not a perfect fit. Duct taped around the edges for now until we figure something out. Also have that serving tray on its way and it might fit on there a little better. I'm thinking some black pipe insulation like on line-sets around the top of the tote could do it.

20230603_125526.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom