So I was looking into humidity levels because my underbrush is pretty thick and some of my buds are awfully close to each other. In my grow bible, I only found it saying 40-80%. That's not very helpful 😒

So I started cruising the google and on ILGM it talked about tapering it down as you get further into flower. I had been running 79°/55% while the lights are on and dropping it to around 73°/51% lights off. After finding that article on ILGM, I decided to keep a constant humidity level and dropped it to 50-51%. Here's the chart I'm referencing.View attachment 19084
Should I also be planning to drop the temps here in the coming weeks? I'm about halfway through week 6 since flipping to 12/12.

Edit: I have a 1-3° leaf temp difference leaf temps and bud temps are roughly 76-78°

I also plan to defoliate sometime in the next week or so.
I run 82° and anywhere from 37-45% humidity from week 3 of flower til week 8ish. Then i turn the light down to about 65% to get my temps down in the mid 70s and hold that same humidity til harvest.
Seems to work for me

Word. I'll bump the humidity down a bit more and see what happens. I just don't like the thought of pumping water into the air this late into flower and my humidifier seems to still run quite a bit, even as I've dropped it to 50%. I REALLY don't wanna run into any mold or mildew issues. I can live with her deciding to hermie but I'll be devastated if I lost my crop this late into it.

Word. I'll bump the humidity down a bit more and see what happens. I just don't like the thought of pumping water into the air this late into flower and my humidifier seems to still run quite a bit, even as I've dropped it to 50%. I REALLY don't wanna run into any mold or mildew issues. I can live with her deciding to hermie but I'll be devastated if I lost my crop this late into it.
Personally id shut the humidifier off, but its humid as fk where i live not sure what it is where you are. But its 77% out there today, i have a dehu in the 4x4 and my ac on dry and its still 58% in my room but the flower tent sits steady at 40ish%

Personally id shut the humidifier off, but its humid as fk where i live not sure what it is where you are. But its 77% out there today, i have a dehu in the 4x4 and my ac on dry and its still 58% in my room but the flower tent sits steady at 40ish%
Not a bad idea. We're at 42% today. I guess I just like keeping a stable percentage 🤣.

I'll shut it off and keep it in the twnt and filled. That way if I see it dropping too low, I can kick it on via the app.

So I was looking into humidity levels because my underbrush is pretty thick and some of my buds are awfully close to each other. In my grow bible, I only found it saying 40-80%. That's not very helpful 😒

So I started cruising the google and on ILGM it talked about tapering it down as you get further into flower. I had been running 79°/55% while the lights are on and dropping it to around 73°/51% lights off. After finding that article on ILGM, I decided to keep a constant humidity level and dropped it to 50-51%. Here's the chart I'm referencing.View attachment 19084
Should I also be planning to drop the temps here in the coming weeks? I'm about halfway through week 6 since flipping to 12/12.

Edit: I have a 1-3° leaf temp difference leaf temps and bud temps are roughly 76-78°

I also plan to defoliate sometime in the next week or so.

Gives me a good reason to keep the humidifier in there and running. Anything below 47% puts me in the "danger zone" according to that chart.
I stopped chasing vpd cause all i did was beat my head against the wall.
I understand it and everything it just doesnt make sense that i could run like 85 and 62% humidity in flower. Doesnt seem right to me so i ditched it and just run what makes me comfortable lmao. Which is most likely totally wrong but it seems to work for me lol.

I understand it and everything it just doesnt make sense that i could run like 85 and 62% humidity in flower. Doesnt seem right to me so i ditched it and just run what makes me comfortable lmao. Which is most likely totally wrong but it seems to work for me lol.
VPD comes into play when EVERYTHING is dialed in, when its most beneficial.

and about keeping the stomata open as long as possible during the light cycle

Yeah Aqua had me toss the charts a long time ago, the one I was using said not to go over 1.4.

I quit using them but found the conflicting info interseting

VPD comes into play when EVERYTHING is dialed in, when its most beneficial.

and about keeping the stomata open as long as possible during the light cycle
Yeah VPD doesnt mean jack shit in my house lol. Plants stay relatively healthy and grow just fine lol.

Yeah VPD doesnt mean jack shit in my house lol. Plants stay relatively healthy and grow just fine lol.
Oh she's growing just fine. That's for sure. I wasn't expecting anywhere near this level of frost. And the buds have visible growth EVERY day. It's gonna be a wild next couple weeks.

Before growing, I had heard of people flushing their medium before finish. Is that necessary in hydro and if so, how do you achieve this? Just water in the rez?

Oh she's growing just fine. That's for sure. I wasn't expecting anywhere near this level of frost. And the buds have visible growth EVERY day. It's gonna be a wild next couple weeks.

Before growing, I had heard of people flushing their medium before finish. Is that necessary in hydro and if so, how do you achieve this? Just water in the rez?
Im by no means a hydro guy. Shit confuses the fk out of me.

In soil, i just reduce the feeds, or go straight water the last 10 or so days.

Id say lower ppms to like 300? Ish? Idk shot in thw dark on my end lol.

Im by no means a hydro guy. Shit confuses the fk out of me.

In soil, i just reduce the feeds, or go straight water the last 10 or so days.

Id say lower ppms to like 300? Ish? Idk shot in thw dark on my end lol.
I'm reading that flushing is unnecessary bro science to sell you other products.

I'm reading that flushing is unnecessary bro science to sell you other products.
Ive always agreed with the statement "flushing is for toilets"

Ive never known of any crop or living thing for that matter that gets starved of food at the end of its life.

Ill be going from 25ml/gal to 7-10ml/gal of bloom butes because im not running gaia green this grow so ill be feeding til harvest this grow.

There's

Flushing - flushing excess salts out of the media, wether trying to flush out organics that's too hot,
Or flushing out synthetic salts.

Flushing - "in an attempt to "flush" out the plant and any excess salts/nutrients in the plant to make for a smoother smoke ------ this is not going to happen, whatever the plant as uptaken or already absorbed isnt coming out.

Flushing - reset the media, similar to first point.

All different context.

VPD is essentially the rate the plant can breathe at

Breathe slower, slower metabolism, breathe faster, speeds up.
I somewhat understand VPD. I was just curious as to whether or not there was a low point for humidity NOT in relation to VPD. Like.. is there a point things are too dry in the tent. I understand I can raise and lower the temperature to correlate with the humidity, but at what point is it too dry? Is there even such a thing as too low humidity?

I may not have made that clear, but these VPD posts aren't answering that.

So last night, the outside temps dropped a bit I assume, because my AC stopped being so efficient. In turn, the tent's temps ran up to 81. The lower humidity I started running made it harder to keep the tent cool. I'm going to need to figure out a way to bring in cooler outside air when this happens.

That's the hottest it's gotten in the tent to date.

I somewhat understand VPD. I was just curious as to whether or not there was a low point for humidity NOT in relation to VPD. Like.. is there a point things are too dry in the tent. I understand I can raise and lower the temperature to correlate with the humidity, but at what point is it too dry? Is there even such a thing as too low humidity?

If it's too dry the stomata won't open thus won't intake co2

Not a bad idea. We're at 42% today. I guess I just like keeping a stable percentage 🤣.

I'll shut it off and keep it in the twnt and filled. That way if I see it dropping too low, I can kick it on via the app.
When starting a single plant or I find a single plant needs a 5%+ bump in humidity I add a second plant. I found lettuce perfect. By the time it’s big and ready to harvest I don’t need it any longer. Just an idea. Open container of water in the tent near a fan helps bump a little too.

Think @Aqua Man didn’t want me going below 50% on my flower.

There's

Flushing - flushing excess salts out of the media, wether trying to flush out organics that's too hot,
Or flushing out synthetic salts.

Flushing - "in an attempt to "flush" out the plant and any excess salts/nutrients in the plant to make for a smoother smoke ------ this is not going to happen, whatever the plant as uptaken or already absorbed isnt coming out.

Flushing - reset the media, similar to first point.

All different context.
Only time I flush is if I screwed up the soil or if I want to clean the soil a week or two before harvest so I can use it again right away.

I water to runoff most feedings but keep it under 500ml unless above conditions. A litre at most unless flushing soil to correct an error like wrong feeding mix.

Different people follow rules. Follow who you trust or like and keep the rest as emergency info.

Im running 81° and 42% right now and that equals 1.4-1.5 vpd in late flower, so im in the last block before it hits the danger zone of 1.6. They are all stupid happy and healthy so im keeping it there lol.

As far as a humidity thats too low, i would say anything 35% or lower would be considered to dry.
I only say that because whenever my tent has been 35% or less, leaves would be like a dry leather feeling and my plants dried out so fast i was waatering 5 gallon pots daily.

But all this again relates back to VPD. Because you could run 70° and 35% and still be within the proper VPD...

So thats the real reason i stopped following VPD. It makes my head fucken hurt.

I kind of parallel VPD to an internal combustion engine. The easier it is for the engine to breathe the easier it is to make more power but just because the engine can breathe easier doesn't mean you're going to make that power. You need gas and spark to complete the process. The gas would be the nutrients. The spark would be the lights and the easier breathing would be the environment. Once all of those are tuned you will max out your genetics.

Back
Top Bottom