Please don’t buy a par meter soon. That money is much better spent elsewhere imo. We’ll show you how to read the plants instead.

Sealing up is not tough just gotta plan for the ac to directly control the space. I did it with mini splits. Can also be done with a window unit.

I never considered my pump running max. I just kicked it up to mix the nutes a little better. My water temp crept to 73-74 today and had me like wtf?

It was at 100* before I snapped a pic so it's steadily come down. I'll keep an eye on it.
20230423_144518.jpg
I'm currently in the middle of moving the air pump into the lung room 👍

Please don’t buy a par meter soon. That money is much better spent elsewhere imo. We’ll show you how to read the plants instead.

Sealing up is not tough just gotta plan for the ac to directly control the space. I did it with mini splits. Can also be done with a window unit.
You had mentioned putting water on the floor. I forgot to mention I had already sucked out 2.5 gallons from the tent because I clogged my return by stuffing a couple of these in there. 🥴
20230423_145423.jpg

Last edited:
I tell you the best scrogger trainer on the planet is already here. @CannaGranny You should post on her thread.

I also typically scrog. These 2 plants I did a single clean up only on the bottom when in veg but otherwise let them do exactly what they wanted to. I try to grow differently every time I do it because I don't need the weed, I just want to play with plants. I mean look at those 2 plants up there. We use AT BEST a half ounce a month. And I have multiple tents lol. And been doing this for years. It isn't about yield for me anymore I just love growing. If it was, I'd scrog like Granny every time.

So while I got you, got questions on my grow?

You see how strong those plants are? Able to carry huge buds without support? That's the potassium silicate + PH down = monosilic acid that makes that happen. That think I said trust me about, there's why.

None of the bottles I put red X's on your shelf are in that grow. And these girls are just getting started into flower. We got a lotta more to go.
That lady is just awesome! She belongs here ! Not only her skill just her outlook on life !

Not to continue this hijacking of this thread, but... [I'm continuing the hijacking of this thread].

If you wanted to do an organic grow side-by-side with other methods, you can just buy a complete, "just add water" organic soil. Roots Lush is one of them, if it's available in your area. You will have to supplement after about 4 weeks. Roots has a good line of nutrients, but they've got a zillion bottles of stuff that could become unnecessarily expensive. Because of that, I'd recommend Canna's line of organic nutrients. Add cal/mag or epsom salts, as needed.

As is widely known, yield will suck compared with what you're used to.

There is a now-out-of-business breeder I used to follow, who called himself E$kobar, who bred plants for interesting scents and flavors. Some of his stuff was just exquisite, from a scent standpoint. Anyway, he was a dedicated hydro grower, which leads me to believe that if there were a significant difference, he'd have been growing organic. But the proof would be a side-by-side.
If ya do it and go totally organic this is what I would try first - if not it’s promix and nutes you prolly already have I personally don’t go over 2 gallon but I feed ? So 5 would prolly be big enuff ? Either print yourself one of these

Attachments

• IMG_6427.jpeg
    IMG_6427.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
And ya don’t have to cook of do dishes ! ! Win win !
Win win win for me. They came and picked up our daughter this morning so I was able to get a little extra work done in the room. Moving the air pump has already lowered the res temps two degress. That was with the AC on low fan. I just kicked it on low AC and we'll see if I can bring that down to 70.

I knew my light being on 10% wasn't the culprit. Heater was next in line for blame. Already had thoughts of getting it up on a stool. Thankfully there are guys like Moe out there that have some pretty good ideas floating around up there. That was a lot of there's. Had he not mentioned the air pump and got me under my bench, I may not have felt the pump to see how warm she was getting. That and moving the air pump out of the tent has done a fine job in bringing the temps back down.

We're only getting started dudes

The ph has risen back up to 6.1 so I'm gonna shoot it with 2 ml of Down when I go in to fill the humidifier and top-feed. If a root hasn't shown up tonight, I might owe Moe a buck. He said Monday and I'd rather owe him a doller than wait til Teusday 🤪

I think I'm just gonna keep amending with Down until the potassium silicate arrives sometime this week. I'll mix up a new batch of nutes and have her happy as can be.

Fulvic and Orca will be ordered tomorrow.

Resevoir temp was 68 and ph was 5.9 at 5am when I top-fed. 9am temps were up to 70 and ph 6.0. The heater has kicked on and off all morning today. It's colder out there than it has been, looking at storms this week. Also, light kicks on at 430am but only to 10% for now.

I felt the air line 5 or so feet from where it enters the room and it felt cool to the touch. Nice call on getting it into the lung room, Moe.

Resevoir temp was 68 and ph was 5.9 at 5am when I top-fed. 9am temps were up to 70 and ph 6.0. The heater has kicked on and off all morning today. It's colder out there than it has been, looking at storms this week. Also, light kicks on at 430am but only to 10% for now.

I felt the air line 5 or so feet from where it enters the room and it felt cool to the touch. Nice call on getting it into the lung room, Moe.
Let's hope that's all it takes in the summer months. If not, we will fix it when we see what we are working with.

Res temps of 70-72 are ideal for O2 and growth rates.

With RDWC, especially with CO2 and High PPFD, O2 in the roots can become the limiting factor to growth. Getting you set up so the only limit is genetics.

Let's hope that's all it takes in the summer months. If not, we will fix it when we see what we are working with.

Res temps of 70-72 are ideal for O2 and growth rates.

With RDWC, especially with CO2 and High PPFD, O2 in the roots can become the limiting factor to growth. Getting you set up so the only limit is genetics.
I've been looking at some chillers on amazon. Looks like a pretty healthy investment but also seems like a vital back-up system. I'll have one here as soon as it fits the budget, whether or not the need arises.

I'm not terribly worried about the ph continuing up for now, just noting it. I think RO top-feeds will take care of her for now and she'll get a new buffet of nutes when the silicate arrives.

I'm pretty excited to see how these seeds turn out. All the strains I have are crosses from Humbolt Seed Company's phenohunter line. This one here should contain the original wedding tree genetics, according to a guy at the Farm. We've got a grow off going over there. There might be 4 or 5 of us that grabbed the Jungle Cake X Wedding Tree seeds and we have til the end of the year to enter our buds. A guy, goes by the name Peat_Phreak, says it's the strongest growing strain in his tent right now.

Other Strains I have on deck (10 seeds each)

-Strawnanna X Pineapple Upside-down Cake
-Raspberry Parfait X Purple Panty Dropper
-Orange Creamsicle X Hella Jelly

And freebies
-Blue Dream Fast
-Power Plant

I'm just gonna throw this out there - you have room in a 5x5 for multiple plant sites if you veg for a shorter period. 4 sounds right.

When you get your growing skills where you want them, you can grow 4 phenos at once in that space. I've done 6 in one hydro system multiple times. Not for beginners, but you will get there. Then you can use those seeds up faster and figure out what you like.

I'm just gonna throw this out there - you have room in a 5x5 for multiple plant sites if you veg for a shorter period. 4 sounds right.

When you get your growing skills where you want them, you can grow 4 phenos at once in that space. I've done 6 in one hydro system multiple times. Not for beginners, but you will get there. Then you can use those seeds up faster and figure out what you like.
This is exactly my goal. Gain a little bit of growing knowledge and learn some valuable lessons while only risking one plant at a time. By then I should also have a pretty good feel for my system and make the changes that haven't already been made. Once I have a handle on multiple plants, I want to try perpetual. If that runs smoothly, my whole back room might get converted. Optimistically 2-3 years down the road.

I've also slightly considered sog style (especially after seeing that solo cup run), but the plant count problem has me a little bugged. Just a little.

Ph 6.0
Temp 71

Haven't ran the AC all day. It's just been on low fan. Turning my water pump down had to have made a difference also. Yesterday it heat gunned at 100* and this morning it was only 77. That's quite the difference.

I’ll go Monday.

I’ll reread and see if I can add any help but seems like you got it figured out
No root showing as of yet. I'll check again once before bed. I may not end up owing you a buck after all.

Little plant pushed up maybe a 1/4 inch since last night. It appears to be passed the pebble I moved out of the way. First set of leaves could look a bit healthier but I'm glad to see a little growth. I assume the nutrient rich water being top-fed is to blame. Would that also create a sort of salty appeance on some of the Hydroton?

Ph 6.0 so I added another 2ml of Down
Ppm(500) 330
Res temp 70-71
Tent temp 73-74
RH 65%

This is exactly my goal. Gain a little bit of growing knowledge and learn some valuable lessons while only risking one plant at a time. By then I should also have a pretty good feel for my system and make the changes that haven't already been made. Once I have a handle on multiple plants, I want to try perpetual. If that runs smoothly, my whole back room might get converted. Optimistically 2-3 years down the road.

I've also slightly considered sog style (especially after seeing that solo cup run), but the plant count problem has me a little bugged. Just a little.
Nuttin smooth about a perpetual with multi strains ! Lol I do it so can u but make no mistake there’s a learning curve for sure ! Lol but variety gotta have it - I will mention with my perpetual I in no way maximize yield .

Nuttin smooth about a perpetual with multi strains ! Lol I do it so can u but make no mistake there’s a learning curve for sure ! Lol but variety gotta have it - I will mention with my perpetual I in no way maximize yield .
Oh for sure. I see that as several grows down the road. If I stsrt crushing the single plant grow, I'll switch to 4. Several harvests later, MAYBE go perpetual. I see myself running a 4 strain run before running separate tents. I'm anticipating multiple harvests before even trying 4 plants.

I think you're going about it the right way dude. After 4 hours processing what I got out of my 3x3 last harvest, I realized I would've been foolish to start w a huge setup like I originally planned to build. I had no frame of reference for what a good plant could yield, or how much work the entire process involves.

I think you're going about it the right way dude. After 4 hours processing what I got out of my 3x3 last harvest, I realized I would've been foolish to start w a huge setup like I originally planned to build. I had no frame of reference for what a good plant could yield, or how much work the entire process involves.
I had a 4 tote system drawn up in the beginning. Moe seems to think we can eventually get me in the pound range on my single plant setup. Dialing everything in, maybe two. That sounds just awesome and if I could realistically pull 2 pounds off of one plant, I'd rather give all my love and attention to just one. 4 strains for the variety would be the only real thing bumping up the number of grow sites.

Going perpetual would only come if I decided expand out of the personal use category of growers, which seems possible, but unlikely (and scary).

For now, let's just see how this first little bugger turns out. I just want some buds off of her. No other goal for this grow. It's strictly a journey of seed to smoke and that seems like pretty realistic expectations to start with.

I had a 4 tote system drawn up in the beginning. Moe seems to think we can eventually get me in the pound range on my single plant setup. Dialing everything in, maybe two. That sounds just awesome and if I could realistically pull 2 pounds off of one plant, I'd rather give all my love and attention to just one. 4 strains for the variety would be the only real thing bumping up the number of grow sites.

Going perpetual would only come if I decided expand out of the personal use category of growers, which seems possible, but unlikely (and scary).

For now, let's just see how this first little bugger turns out. I just want some buds off of her. No other goal for this grow. It's strictly a journey of seed to smoke and that seems like pretty realistic expectations to start with.
You need to veg for a bit longer and sgrog / train / defoliate to increase your yield indoors, but outdoors 1 plant 1 pound is nothing. So the genetics are there, you just need to adapt them to an indoor grow. It's just skills, not magic.

You need to veg for a bit longer and sgrog / train / defoliate to increase your yield indoors, but outdoors 1 plant 1 pound is nothing. So the genetics are there, you just need to adapt them to an indoor grow. It's just skills, not magic.
I'm ready and excited to learn. Haven't had this much enthusiam flowing through me in a long time, it seems. Feels good.

I'm ready and excited to learn. Haven't had this much enthusiam flowing through me in a long time, it seems. Feels good.
The biggest thing about yield indoors is controlling where light hits the plant. Outdoors the photons are everywhere. Indoors, especially with LED, there is like a plane of focused photons that just graces the tops of the plant. So you make the entire plant the top by bending it to your will. If you look at beans grow, that is what I am talking about. One plant with a flat top will significantly outperform a bush shaped plant under LED.

The biggest thing about yield indoors is controlling where light hits the plant. Outdoors the photons are everywhere. Indoors, especially with LED, there is like a plane of focused photons that just graces the tops of the plant. So you make the entire plant the top by bending it to your will. If you look at beans grow, that is what I am talking about. One plant with a flat top will significantly outperform a bush shaped plant under LED.
I've got some LST clips and have a 3x3 SCROG rack in the making. I've been following his grow but I'll go back and read through it all again.

I may have an unconventional scrog method in mind, but I'd like to try it out. Here it is again if you'd like to glance through it..
I'm not married to the idea, necessarily, but I liked the concept. I'd be glad to hear what others have to say about it before I run with it.

I've got some LST clips and have a 3x3 SCROG rack in the making. I've been following his grow but I'll go back and read through it all again.

I may have an unconventional scrog method in mind, but I'd like to try it out. Here it is again if you'd like to glance through it..
I'm not married to the idea, necessarily, but I liked the concept. I'd be glad to hear what others have to say about it before I run with it.
I don’t scrog but if I were to try I would hit up granny

Back
Top Bottom