You are killin it bro 👊🏼
Frosty as fk in there too 🤩
Plucked another 50+ sacs tonight. Some of them things seem to form right inside a calyx. Gotta have a keen eye for those. Damn.

2 hours is easy to spend plucking in the there with the night crossings and hearts of space segments on public radio. I need to donate sometime.

I have never handled cannabis with gloves on.
I don't own a pair of gloves. We get frigid winters here in the midwest a lot of the times too. I might buy a pair after I see some frostbite.

Twisting wirenuts and little machine screws is nearly impossible with any kind of decent glove. I learned a cool trick in Colorado, though. A pair of latex gloves under a pair of thin gloves with the dipped palms works like a charm. No air to breath so your hands will actually sweat in there. Just don't pull em out 🤣

I don't own a pair of gloves. We get frigid winters here in the midwest a lot of the times too. I might buy a pair after I see some frostbite.

Twisting wirenuts and little machine screws is nearly impossible with any kind of decent glove. I learned a cool trick in Colorado, though. A pair of latex gloves under a pair of thin gloves with the dipped palms works like a charm. No air to breath so your hands will actually sweat in there. Just don't pull em out 🤣
Off topic but an electrical question. When you twist wirenuts onto your wires do you tape the nut to the wire to keep any errant wires from escaping the wirenut connection?

Off topic but an electrical question. When you twist wirenuts onto your wires do you tape the nut to the wire to keep any errant wires from escaping the wirenut connection?
I do not. Sometimes I'll tape outdoor nuts but that's just for peace of mind. Most of what we use is solid wire so a good three twists with the proper strip length and you shouldn't have anything tonwory about. Stranded wire is a bit different. I slowly twist the nut while inserting the wires. You don't want any stray strands getting pushed out.

Take proper care in the process and tape should be absolutely unnecessary.

I do not. Sometimes I'll tape outdoor nuts but that's just for peace of mind. Most of what we use is solid wire so a good three twists with the proper strip length and you shouldn't have anything tonwory about. Stranded wire is a bit different. I slowly twist the nut while inserting the wires. You don't want any stray strands getting pushed out.

Take proper care in the process and tape should be absolutely unnecessary.
Yep, totally agree. I've never had to tape a wire nut. I dont even tape outdoor unless braided wire

I guess I'm just paranoid. Two of my Aunts and a cousin died in a fire that was caused by an improperly wired bathroom light. I always try and tape my wire nuts regardless. I'm always afraid that when I stuff them back into the junction box one of the wires will work itself loose and make contact with another.

I guess I'm just paranoid. Two of my Aunts and a cousin died in a fire that was caused by an improperly wired bathroom light. I always try and tape my wire nuts regardless. I'm always afraid that when I stuff them back into the junction box one of the wires will work itself loose and make contact with another.
then you're not making a good splice. I make a physical splice with the wires and twist the caps on. I've seen some electricians use the cap as the splice by just putting 3 wires together then twist the wires with the cap.......relying on the cap for the connection....... I rarely add tape to the cap unless outside or the connection is exposed in temporary wiring.

then you're not making a good splice. I make a physical splice with the wires and twist the caps on. I've seen some electricians use the cap as the splice by just putting 3 wires together then twist the wires with the cap.......relying on the cap for the connection....... I rarely add tape to the cap unless outside or the connection is exposed in temporary wiring.
How do you splice your wires? Are you talking about solid wiring or stranded? For stranded wire butt connections I'll intertwine them and drop some solder and a shrink sleeve on them but for lamp style connections where I'm installing a lamp with stranded wires to a solid wire I'll put the stranded wire in the nut first taking care there are no stray filaments then push in the solid. Once they're both in I'll twist and tape the nut to the wire so that any errant wire that gets loose doesn't somehow work its way into one of the other connections in the junction box.

I'm probably just being paranoid but that's the way I do it.

How do you splice your wires? Are you talking about solid wiring or stranded? For stranded wire butt connections I'll intertwine them and drop some solder and a shrink sleeve on them but for lamp style connections where I'm installing a lamp with stranded wires to a solid wire I'll put the stranded wire in the nut first taking care there are no stray filaments then push in the solid. Once they're both in I'll twist and tape the nut to the wire so that any errant wire that gets loose doesn't somehow work its way into one of the other connections in the junction box.

I'm probably just being paranoid but that's the way I do it.
Nothing wrong with going above and beyond when it comes to electrical work.

We do this when racing motocross in the early spring or late fall as you say works fucking great been doin it since the eighty’s with vinyl gloves !

A plucked a lot less tonight. Hopefully the sacs are coming to an end.

I'm starting to catch a creamy undertone to the lemon dank that smacks me when I open the tent. If it tastes anything like it smells, this one could be yummy.

Hey @Bandit420..

I've seen you say a couple times that red pistils early on means it's been pollinated. Is that always the case?

I ask because I've been battling a hermie and sometimes I've gotta reach in pretty deep to get the sacs. I've got a lot of reddening pistils. Is there a chance that me touching them can also kill them off? Please say yes 😆. If not, I'm gonna be picking seeds out of nearly every one of these buds.

Either way, I think this will be some killer bud, seeds or not. Very strong citrus odor with a sour yet creamy undertone. Can't wait to try her out. Today was the 28th or 9th day from flip so I've got another month or so to go.

Little video update and a shot of the roots.
View attachment 20230820_222829.mp4
20230820_222551.jpg

A little more brown than I would like personally.

How is the ph doing? Any idea on res temp?
Res temp stays 69-71. PH stays pretty stable once it levels out. My top-off is a little higher than the lower res but it's mostly RO. Ppms at 660-670.

I'm due for a change either tonight or tomorrow as the top-off is nearly empty and she drinks at least a gallon and a quarter every day. I'll grab a picture of my notes when I get home tonight.

Not overly concerned, some salts can stain roots. Iron in Micro is an example.

About the red hairs - yes you can damage them. Spraying with sulfur makes them look like that too.

If you get seeds, oh well. Shit happens, and the experience is good to have. Next time be picky with the genetics and I'll bet this will be in your rear view mirror in future grows.

Not overly concerned, some salts can stain roots. Iron in Micro is an example.

About the red hairs - yes you can damage them. Spraying with sulfur makes them look like that too.

If you get seeds, oh well. Shit happens, and the experience is good to have. Next time be picky with the genetics and I'll bet this will be in your rear view mirror in future grows.
Oh this was a light leak issue, I'm pretty sure. I don't know what the hell I was thinking but my flexduct intake has tons of pinholes in the foil.

This is from outside the tent...
20230815_182418.jpg
The brown seemed to get more pronounced when I first fed her more than 700ppms.

Oh this was a light leak issue, I'm pretty sure. I don't know what the hell I was thinking but my flexduct intake has tons of pinholes in the foil.

This is from outside the tent...
View attachment 18311
The brown seemed to get more pronounced when I first fed her more than 700ppms.
I rattle can black the first foot of my duct in case any light gets into the ducting.

@Moe.Red, This is what went into the mix this time around and each day's changes. Gonna do a nute change tonight. She won't make it another day. Bout to suck the top-feed dry. I read of people's plants drinking a gallon a day and I guess I just had to see it to believe it. She's a thirsty sumbitch.
20230821_182600.jpg20230821_182607.jpg

@Moe.Red, This is what went into the mix this time around and each day's changes. Gonna do a nute change tonight. She won't make it another day. Bout to suck the top-feed dry. I read of people's plants drinking a gallon a day and I guess I just had to see it to believe it. She's a thirsty sumbitch.
View attachment 18348View attachment 18349
Yes it’s the grow style. I have exceeded 10 gals a day across 6 plants in a 4x8. That’s why I have a huge dehumidifier. The plants can become self limiting by throwing out VPD. If you get outside the optimal range of humidity / leaf temp it slows the plant down. Or causes other issues. Slowing the plant down lol. So it results in a smaller harvest unless you deal with it.

If you have the dehuey and AC nuts to keep the environment dialed in no matter what the plants transpire, you are effectively unlocking the best the genetics can offer.

With the right multi plant setup in your space you should expect a lot more than a gallon a day you have to somehow get out of the air. Something to start planning for now if you are scaling up your next grow.

Last edited:
Yes it’s the grow style. I have exceeded 10 gals a day across 6 plants in a 4x8. That’s why I have a huge dehumidifier. The plants can become self limiting by throwing out VPD. If you get outside the optimal range of humidity / leaf temp it slows the plant down. Or causes other issues. Slowing the plant down lol. So it results in a smaller harvest unless you deal with it.

If you have the dehuey and AC nuts to keep the environment dialed in no matter what the plants transpire, you are effectively unlocking the best the genetics can offer.

With the right multi plant setup in your space you should expect a lot more than a gallon a day you have to somehow get out of the air. Something to start planning for now if you are scaling up your next grow.
Dehuey in the lung room has a little room to spare. It's not quite running continuously. The exhaust in the tent is at half speed with the inline intake on low. I think it'll be a couple grows before I scale up the plant count.
That bucket of pasta you have is drinking like crazy!

Like Moe said. If you can get control of your environment, you can max out your genetics.
That's when I need to be spending some serious cheddar on beans. So far, the tent stays within parameters consistently. Better than I could've imagined.

I've seen this in my duct too. Never did anything and never had an issue that I know of.
I'm pretty sure this all happened the week I took vacation because I didn't wake up and shut off the lab light.

Maybe it's genetics but I have no problem taking the blame.

Dehuey in the lung room has a little room to spare. It's not quite running continuously. The exhaust in the tent is at half speed with the inline intake on low. I think it'll be a couple grows before I scale up the plant count.

That's when I need to be spending some serious cheddar on beans. So far, the tent stays within parameters consistently. Better than I could've imagined.
I forget where you are. What's it like outside there today? We had a heat index in the 110s. Brutal.

I'm pretty sure this all happened the week I took vacation because I didn't wake up and shut off the lab light.

Maybe it's genetics but I have no problem taking the blame.
Do you see any evidence of reveg? Like losing number of blades?

It's impossible to know now, but I would suspect genetics over the light leak as your source. Or put another way I'm pretty sure something known stable would not grow hermie in those conditions. Seems no more than moonlight to me. But hard to tell from a picture.

I forget where you are. What's it like outside there today? We had a heat index in the 110s. Brutal.
Central Kansas. Whoops I finally admitted it 🤣.

It got to 107 today and with the lights off it peaked at 75.3. Humidity hasn't broke 60 yet and really only gets that high immediately after I shower (gotta go through my lung room to get to my bathroom). It almost never gets over 56%. I even sleep in the lung room because me and the lady have completely different temperature tolerances. Lights on period is 6pm to 6am. Lights off it's pretty stable at 51%. It could go lower but then my humidifier runs a lot more. That seems counterproductive.
Do you see any evidence of reveg? Like losing number of blades?

It's impossible to know now, but I would suspect genetics over the light leak as your source. Or put another way I'm pretty sure something known stable would not grow hermie in those conditions. Seems no more than moonlight to me. But hard to tell from a picture.
Everyone has at least 5 blades, from what I can see. I'll go in and get a better look when I do the res change later. She seems to be steadily packing on the buds and the smell is stronger every day. I haven't seen any new growth aside from the budsites and ballsacks. I'm finding less sacs every time I go on the hunt.

It just so happens that when I open the door to the tent room, indirect sunlight pierces through the hinge side and beams straight at the intake. Maybe it was the UV? I did go in there for a dab or two here and there during my week off which coincides with the sacs showing up.

When I jumped in the tent and checked for leaks, I turned on the light and opened the door, just to test. I agree though, it was a very faint glow coming in. I have since turned my fans down. Could wind speed be the culprit?

Either way.. I planned on a different strain this next round. Hopefully I'll land this powerplant job cuz I have a couple Power Plant beans I got as freebies. They'll be my next grow if all goes to plan. Purely for the irony.

It's impossible to know now, but I would suspect genetics over the light leak as your source. Or put another way I'm pretty sure something known stable would not grow hermie in those conditions. Seems no more than moonlight to me. But hard to tell from a pipicture.
It's also not a stabilized strain, to my knowledge. It's from Humbolt's phenohunter line. I have several strains from their phenohunts but have been eyeballing dfg's beans. Also saw another guy I'm thinking of purchasing from. E2AC something or other 🤣.

ETA: B2ACG is the other guy.

Back
Top Bottom